PDA

View Full Version : 5-11 in 2005

zzbudzz
10-03-2005, 10:44 AM
i looked at the vikings schedule i figure we will go 5-11 this year if we're lucky and end the season 4-30 on the road.i just don't see the vikes winning a road game this year even in green bay. :cry: please football gods give us a real coach and let us win road games again!

DaunteHOF
10-03-2005, 04:14 PM
sad, went from superbowl predictions to 5-11, damn...

sunny
10-03-2005, 04:41 PM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

sad, went from superbowl predictions to 5-11, gol 'darnit...

I think that would be "Sad but True" :cry:

Vikes316
10-04-2005, 12:08 AM
at bears W
packers W
at carolina L
lions W
at giants L
at packers L or W {i cant decide right now}
browns W
at lions W
rams W
steelers W
at ravens L
bears W

the point is for me is that i think we will come out of the bye week better. good enough to win games because we will get alot of players back. and if we can just play well enough to stay even until the last quarter and a half of the season i think we can really start getting our roll on with all the home games we have at the endand i think we can finish 9-7 or 10-6. and if we play really well then maybe still 11-5. so thats what i think might happen. how about you guys..................

NO NEED TO PANIC YET!!!!!!!! SKOL ON AND ON AND ON AND ON

ultravikingfan
10-04-2005, 12:15 AM
13-3 baby!

After the bye we will come out swinging and bust some chops around this league!

Skol and never say die!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/tat.jpg

duluthvikeslover85
10-04-2005, 12:26 AM
im still sayin 12-4 i said that in august im keeping it

ultravikingfan
10-04-2005, 12:29 AM
"duluthvikeslover85" wrote:

Buy that man a beer!

sitandbehitski
10-04-2005, 12:34 AM
We beat the Steelers? I think you're dillusional.

ultravikingfan
10-04-2005, 12:36 AM
"sitandbehitski" wrote:

We beat the Steelers? I think you're dillusional.

Force Ben out of his comfort zone and actually make it a passing game...then they are beatable.

Vikes316
10-04-2005, 12:44 AM
and im sure that no one would have expected us to beat the chiefs two years ago or that playoff game last year.......we have the ability to beat any team in the league and we have proved it, but we are just inconsistent at it. this game is at home in the thunder dome and ben hasnt experienced that yet. im telling you we usually get one or two big usets a year and we will win this game

ADubya26
10-04-2005, 01:01 AM
13-3, 12-4? Are you guys kidding me?

ultravikingfan
10-04-2005, 01:13 AM
"ADubya26" wrote:

"ADubya26" wrote:

Fire Tice and pray for a 1-15 season so we can grab Lienart or Bush

Are you kidding me?

Purplefeet
10-04-2005, 01:16 AM
In seasons like this just read final results right to left, open another beer and congratulate yourself for being loyal to Great Nordic Gods :).

snowinapril
10-04-2005, 01:17 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"ADubya26" wrote:

Are you kidding me?

Ultra, I think this last loss has pushed people over the edge, or it may have caused us to be a little chemically imbalanced.

Crazy stuff today!!!! Normally people don't say these kinda things.

ShiFtY
10-04-2005, 01:19 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"ADubya26" wrote:

"ADubya26" wrote:

Are you kidding me?

Both of you, Are you kidding me??!!

ultravikingfan
10-04-2005, 01:19 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"ADubya26" wrote:

"ADubya26" wrote:

Are you kidding me?

Ultra, I think this last loss has pushed people over the edge, or it may have caused us to be a little chemically imbalanced.

Crazy stuff today!!!! Normally people don't say these kinda things.

I hear ya snow!

After we won, it was relatively quiet around here.

But, after each loss the place is booming!

Its kinda sad that misery and lossed bring people here more. I would rather see the "Ra-Ra" threads after a win than this.

Hooversham
10-04-2005, 01:33 AM
I can't resist. My head might explode if I don't comment.

"Vikes316" wrote:

at bears W

Wishful thinking. Road+Outside = loss. ANd don't tell me that they've done it before. We weren't this bad before.

"Vikes316" wrote:
[quote]packers W

I'll agree with you on this one. If there is a game that Mike Tice can MAYBE get his players up for, this would be it.

"Vikes316" wrote:

at carolina L

This team is an enigma. Sometimes they show up, sometimes they don't. Either way, winning would be tough. And considering the game is AT Carolina, I would bet against a win.

"Vikes316" wrote:

lions W

Maybe. However if we play like we have in weeks 2 and 4, we will get killed... Even at home. If our run defense doesn't shore up, Kevin Jones is going to run all over us. I hope they show up though.........cause I"m going to this game and I don't want it to be like the flippin' Giants blowout that I went to last year.

"Vikes316" wrote:

at giants L

Please. We couldn't beat the Giants if we were playing the Baseball giants and they didn't have pads on. THey're only one of the best offensive teams in football. And do I really need to show you our recent record against them?

"Vikes316" wrote:

at packers L or W {i cant decide right now}

LOSS. You've GOT to be kdding me. Road, Outside, Cold, Tice. Please.

"Vikes316" wrote:

browns W

We better win this game. They are aweful.

"Vikes316" wrote:

at lions W

Maybe. But I doubt it.

"Vikes316" wrote:

rams W

Marc Bulger will throw 70 times for 500 yards against this defense. With no pass rush at all, it could get ugly.

"Vikes316" wrote:

steelers W

This is just ridiculous. I can't even comment on it. Remember this past week's game? Pittsburg has just a good a running game, if not better, AND they have a QB that can throw the ball if needed.

"Vikes316" wrote:

at ravens L

One of league's best defensive against a team that has more turnovers than first downs? Hmmmmmmm.

"Vikes316" wrote:

bears W

Maybe. But only becasue it's a home game.

So, my predictions are a little different. I say 5-7 from here on out and that's being optimistic. Based on the performance so far this year, a more realistic prediction would be like 3-9 or 2-10.

That leaves them 6-10 at BEST in my book. 3-13 at the worst.

Sorry.

Hooversham
10-04-2005, 01:35 AM
"Purplefeet" wrote:

In seasons like this just read final results right to left, open another beer and congratulate yourself for being loyal to Great Nordic Gods :).

I like this idea. I will now refer to this year as another "character builder". I should be quite the gentlemen after 20+ years of Viking Fandom.

snowinapril
10-04-2005, 01:39 AM
"Hooversham" wrote:

"Purplefeet" wrote:

I like this idea. I will now refer to this year as another "character builder". I should be quite the gentlemen after 20+ years of Viking Fandom.

LMAO!!

Hoover, you are on a roll today!

Thanks for being so relentless. I am going to try and get Wilf's cell number so I can give you a recomendation for coach position next year. "Hoover has a never say die attitude, he is relentless."

Mr. Purple
10-04-2005, 01:41 AM
lol goonies never say die! We'll get a good idea of what we can exspect for the rest of the season after the Bye week in chicago. I'm not gonna say o we're done we'll loose this game and win that. Cuz not one of you can predict it. NOONE can...thats why teams play a week at a time. Sure we're in a bad situation...but if this team is as good as we all know they can be, then we'll turn this around get some W's. as far as hoping to go 1-15 so we can get lienhart? are you serious...Your giving up on culpepper? Giving up on culpepper is as big as a Fairwheather fan as you can get. You NEVER give up on your qb untill he offcialy is the one of the MAIN reasons you have a loosing season. The coaching and Line isnt making culpeppers job easy right now.

Hooversham
10-04-2005, 01:42 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

I am going to try and get Wilf's cell number so I can give you a recomendation for coach position next year.

Thanks. But I don't really have the experience necessary. Remember, it's Ziggy appointing the new head coach, not GW Bush.

Sorry. Political Shenanigans. Won't happen again.

snowinapril
10-04-2005, 01:53 AM
"Hooversham" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

I am going to try and get Wilf's cell number so I can give you a recomendation for coach position next year.

Thanks. But I don't really have the experience necessary. Remember, it's Ziggy appointing the new head coach, not GW Bush.

Sorry. Political Shenanigans. Won't happen again.

If Red was still in control, you would have more than enough experience, you would hire on for the Minimum, right.

Hooversham
10-04-2005, 01:56 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

If Red was still in control, you would have more than enough experience, you would hire on for the Minimum, right.

League Minimum? Hell, I'd sign on for 40K and a good tailgating spot for my buddies.

midgensa
10-04-2005, 02:49 AM
"zzbudzz" wrote:

i looked at the vikings schedule i figure we will go 5-11 this year if we're lucky and end the season 4-30 on the road.i just don't see the vikes winning a road game this year even in green bay. :cry: please football gods give us a real coach and let us win road games again!

5-11 is probably a little low. I mean all six games in the division are winnable and I think we probably win five of them, we get the Browns in the Dome, the Rams in the Dome (and they cant stop anyone so we can win a shootout with them), and the Steelers in the dome (that could be tough). But going 8-8 or 9-7 is still very possible. Hell, I had at us 11-5 with losses to the Bengals and Falcons (though I did have us topping Tampa). Don't give up yet ... we have a lot of talent and have lost to three very likely playoff teams ... now I dont think we can beat the big boys in the playoffs, and that is a shame, but I definitely think we can beat weaker teams (like we did against New Orleans) ... give us the bye and a chance to heal a little and a couple weeks, then see what you think.

midgensa
10-04-2005, 02:54 AM
"ADubya26" wrote:

Yeah, uh, AW, just so you know, this site is for Vikings fans, not people who hang their hang and run away when the going gets tough, you want to be like that go root for the team next door!

Sure 12-4 or 13-3 is completely unrealistic, but to ever say after a 1-3 start that you want to go 1-15 is childish and not being a very good fan. Besides, we would never draft Leinart, we have too much money in Mr. Pep now ...

Get your damn head up and cross your fingers and have a little faith man, I can see you already know who the best corner in the game is (yeah better than Bailey) so I know not all hope is lost.

singersp
10-04-2005, 03:15 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"duluthvikeslover85" wrote:

Buy that man a beer!

I think he's had too many already! J/K! :grin: You got to stay positive but not dillusional.

9-7 or 10-6. We still gotta play some good teams. The question always is who will stay healthy going down the stretch?

finnishvikingsfan
10-04-2005, 03:15 AM
I think we will be 8-8 or 9-7.

sitandbehitski
10-04-2005, 03:34 AM
I think 6-10, but only if Mini Moe (Mewelde) continues to start for the rest of the year.

skum
10-04-2005, 03:09 PM
at bears W - Hopefully we will grab this one.. and we should
2-3

packers W - Yep.. we MUST win this game.. no doubt about it..
3-3

at carolina L/W - The Panthers are too me an up and down team, im not saying we should beat them.. but we could .. cant figure this one out..

Lets say 3-4

lions W - Another division game, theese are the ones that are going to be important this year..

4-4

at giants L - With Manning beeing soo good, i see a loss coming here..

4-5

at packers L/W - Another game that we can win, but proberly wont.. cause of the field, cold, outside and stuff..

4-6

browns W - To stay in.. we must beat the Browns..

5-6

at lions W - We should also grab this one..

6-6

rams L - I dont think we will grab this one..

6-7

steelers L - Clear loss.. The Steelers is one of the better teams in the league..

6-8

at ravens L/W - Belive it or not.. we could win this one.. Ravans lacks imo on offense.. and our defence could make this a low-scoring game.. it can flip either way..

7-8

bears W - We have to win over Bears..

8-8..

Thats enough to win this division..