PDA

View Full Version : We SUCK

mxximus
10-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Can't throw can't run absolutley pathetic looking. SUCK!

ultravikingfan
10-03-2005, 02:11 AM
Post your post game rants and observations here.

One word: Ugly!

TheAnimal93
10-03-2005, 02:16 AM
I didnt get to see the game but I can bet you that the whole team stunk it up like dogpooh on ya shoe!!!
Pep sounds like to me that he is lost without Moss to make the field one-sided. So who made who?????????????????
AND WHERE THE HELL IS THIS DEFENSE THAT WAS TAKING US STRAIGHT INTO FEBRUARY????
(dont worry, I said it myself)
Oh Jiminy, I have heartburn and didnt eat a damn thing for lunch or dinner yet. WTF????????????

DemonicViking
10-03-2005, 02:28 AM
"TheAnimal93" wrote:

I didnt get to see the game but I can bet you that the whole team stunk it up like dogpooh on ya shoe!!!
??

In a nutshell, yeah.

Justin311
10-03-2005, 02:30 AM
My only question deals with the lack of running by culpepper. I don't believe it is the answer to all the questions on offense, but 4 games into the season and he has less than 100 yds rushing, he's getting sacked 6 times a game, and he's turned it over no less than 4 times a game.

In the saints game there at least 3-4 designed running plays for Daunte and a few more that he scrambled on once he felt pressure. Were there any plays for daunte today? Is it because Daunte wants to prove something or is it because the coaching staff doens't want him to run.

I just don't understand how a 260lb QB can't get 40-50yds a game on the ground. Seems to me it could open things up a little bit,

mnjamie
10-03-2005, 02:30 AM
"TheAnimal93" wrote:

Pep sounds like to me that he is lost without Moss to make the field one-sided. So who made who?????????????????
AND WHERE THE HELL IS THIS DEFENSE THAT WAS TAKING US STRAIGHT INTO FEBRUARY????
(dont worry, I said it myself)
Oh Jiminy, I have heartburn and didnt eat a gol 'darnit thing for lunch or dinner yet. WTF????????????

I had flashbacks of Cinncy all over again ... and be thankfull you didn't eat and see the game .... cause I did and then I .... :pukeright: as my team didn't even show up again in a big, must win game.

VikinginaCamaro
10-03-2005, 02:35 AM
This is the first game I got to watch on TV and now I see what your guys were saying about the O-line. At least they didn't give the ball to Bennett much. We may have a winning season if everytime we get into field goal range we just take the 3 instead of getting a turnover or getting sacked out of field goal range. So far good ol' Ednger is doing a great job.

DesertPurple
10-03-2005, 02:37 AM
"Justin311" wrote:

In the saints game there at least 3-4 designed running plays for Daunte and a few more that he scrambled on once he felt pressure. Were there any plays for daunte today? Is it because Daunte wants to prove something or is it because the coaching staff doens't want him to run.

I alluded to this in a thread that was summarily executed by the webmaster....so I don't wish to rewrite it now....but I believe this to be a big part of DC's problem...whether it is because he has been forbidden from scramble-passing or has lost a step, teams no longer have to "spy" on him and that allows for more downfield coverage. AND...DC is a very ordinary pocket QB IMHO. Non-mobile QBs have made considerable bread and butter over the years because they know how to time their moves in a collapsing pocket....Brady, Brad Johnson, Bledsoe (in his prime), Warner (in his prime) come to mind. But DC...if he is destined for pocket passing has a LOT to learn!

Freya
10-03-2005, 02:38 AM
Painful to watch.

mnjamie
10-03-2005, 02:39 AM
"DesertPurple" wrote:

"Justin311" wrote:

I alluded to this in a thread that was summarily executed by the webmaster....so I don't wish to rewrite it now....but I believe this to be a big part of DC's problem...whether it is because he has been forbidden from scramble-passing or has lost a step, teams no longer have to "spy" on him and that allows for more downfield coverage. AND...DC is a very ordinary pocket QB IMHO. Non-mobile QBs have made considerable bread and butter over the years because they know how to time their moves in a collapsing pocket....Brady, Brad Johnson, Bledsoe (in his prime), Warner (in his prime) come to mind. But DC...if he is destined for pocket passing has a LOT to learn!

Good post and agree with every bit of it. I bet he has been banned from running unless it is a designed play for him to run.

Webby
10-03-2005, 02:40 AM
"DesertPurple" wrote:

"Justin311" wrote:

Don't pick a fight, DP. I didn't execute anything of yours.

PurplePackerEater
10-03-2005, 02:40 AM
"Official Post Game Thread"

-ugh, this is gonna be ugly.

Articnv
10-03-2005, 02:43 AM
A wb is not running when he should be

B the offinive calling on thrid downs. You now there goingf tp blitz run a draw

C the defsinse couldnt stop the run

D were was teh blitz????

E why wasnt there LB shadpowing the QB?

F we need to take out the rookie on the offinsive line.

G Coaching - as much as i hate to say it but we need a new staff

ultravikingfan
10-03-2005, 02:46 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

"DesertPurple" wrote:

"Justin311" wrote:

If it was anybody, it was me. Do not remember executing any of your threads. Relax.

Rookie444
10-03-2005, 02:48 AM
what do we need to do to get rid of tice and better play calling?????????? im tired of seeing draws and screens when we are so far behind. and what is up with this crap not throwing the ball further than 10 yds???? and if culpepper doesnt produce, he needs to ride the damn bench!!!!!! i know we have a lot of injuries to our d, but we shouldve played a lot better; especially with vick out. this was horrible!!!! i expect to see a new coach at our next game...chicago??

cc21
10-03-2005, 02:51 AM
Well we played a real bad game. Offense couldnt do a thing and defense couldnt stop a thing.

On the positive side though we did drive the ball pretty good in the end there, I really like the way Troy got involved.

PurplePeopleEaters
10-03-2005, 02:53 AM
Problems with the game.

A. Daunte, Daunte, Daunte. Taking way too much time in the pocket even when the O-line does protect.. which leads me to my next point.

B. O-line... Very bad performance. Did well a few times but then Daunte screwed up. We need a real spark there. I saw that Fowler was in a bit but he didn't do much.

C. D-line- What happened to the D-line that we thought was so good? It was very bad today against two good running QB's and two good RB's.

D. Injuries- We are injured at almost every position. Sad that this has to happen again.

E. LB Spy/shadow- We had Pat Williams and Darrion Scott on the shadow of Vick. We needed to have EJ doing that not someone who ways 350 lbs.

F. Coaching- Coaching was horrible. Offensive, defensive... both disgusting. hard to watch.

G. Wide Recievers- Other than Troy, none of them are getting open well... Plus we don't have nate.

Man we need a spark EVERYWHERE. I keep saying this... I actually think we need a fire rather than a spark.. a forest fire... *sigh*

Rookie444
10-03-2005, 02:53 AM
the only way we drived the ball is because atl just quit playing. im glad troy got the plays and td (nice one at that), but we need to play more than 5 damn minutes. its sad if our two best players right now are kickers.

Rookie444
10-03-2005, 02:55 AM
we need to trade rosenthal. im tired of hearing his damn # every game for a stupid penalty.

DesertPurple
10-03-2005, 02:56 AM

Not intending to....but I got irritated after composing a thoughtful post, posting it, and having the thread suddenly disappear! :((((((((

DesertPurple
10-03-2005, 02:56 AM

Besides...right now...the family DOG is at risk! :)

DesertPurple
10-03-2005, 02:58 AM
we need to trade rosenthal. im tired of hearing his gol 'darnit # every game for a stupid penalty.

Somebody has to replace Todd Steussie!

cc21
10-03-2005, 02:59 AM
"DesertPurple" wrote:

we need to trade rosenthal. im tired of hearing his gol 'darnit # every game for a stupid penalty.

Somebody has to replace Todd Steussie!Trade him for who? We have to keep him because who could we get for him. He is a good lineman thoughe even if he had his penalties.

ultravikingfan
10-03-2005, 02:59 AM
"DesertPurple" wrote:

Not intending to....but I got irritated after composing a thoughtful post, posting it, and having the thread suddenly disappear! :((((((((

Are you sure your post was not "Moved" into another thread?

Just relax.

Rookie444
10-03-2005, 03:00 AM
#75 gets the most penalty yds on the team, he takes away from the momentum. get rid of him. rebuild the o-line.

Prophet
10-03-2005, 03:01 AM
Problem with the game: coaching.

Can you believe that there were only 5 tosses to our WRs going into the middle of the fourth quarter? It was no secret that the Falcons secondary was hurting.

Can you believe that Ron Mexico and Schaub rushed for over 100 yards and Daunte didn't even rush the ball once until late in the game?

Can you believe that I am oversimplifying my analysis because I'm too lazy to type anymore?

Bottom-line is that the Vikings have a lot of talent on their team, but it is lead by morons. Tice is the scapegoat and he must go. Zygi has to be thinking about changes, you don't invest a billion dollars of your own coin and let under-achievers that do not demand excellence run your hard-earned fortune into the ground. Do something Zygi, please, right the ship or at least beging to fix the problems. I cannot endure another year of Meathead Homer Tice ruining the franchise I have followed my whole life.

Ltrey33
10-03-2005, 03:04 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"DesertPurple" wrote:

Are you sure your post was not "Moved" into another thread?

Just relax.

I think I remember it Ultra....the title was "Somebody tell Daunte to run the f***en ball" or something like that. I think it was renamed or deleted because he said the F word, only he spelled it a different way. So it was actually DPs fault it was deleted, if that's the one I'm thinking of.

SharperVikings
10-03-2005, 03:05 AM
Anyone smell a new coach??

Rookie444
10-03-2005, 03:08 AM
as i said previously, we need a new coach during this bye week.

mnvikesfan11
10-03-2005, 03:30 AM
Please Ziggy Wilf just get rid of Mike Tice maybe we can start from scratch on the drawing board this week with a new head coach and turn this season around

PurplePackerEater
10-03-2005, 03:30 AM
"Rookie444" wrote:

as i said previously, we need a new coach during this bye week.

You have a point.

"IF" a new coach was to come in, the bye week would be the time.

rick4457
10-03-2005, 03:36 AM
Or maybe try a different QB

tampaviking
10-03-2005, 03:38 AM
i guess i'll throw in the only positive, Memo has crushed any hope Bennet had of playing good, i know he didn't get a 100, but he did get 57 yards and had over 60 recieving. to bad it was usually on a 1st and 25 down.

Rookie444
10-03-2005, 03:40 AM
exactly what i'm saying on another thread rick. thank you

"dont get me wrong, i really like culpepper. however, how many times could he of thrown the ball away or scramble????? i know there are a lot of issues with our o-line, but we cannot remove blame from a veteran qb. if we put johnson in, maybe culpepper will think and get his consistency back since he hates being benched."

campstove
10-03-2005, 03:40 AM
i got another positive,TIE'D FOR FIRST BABY,YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rookie444
10-03-2005, 03:41 AM
lol
HUAH!

tampaviking
10-03-2005, 03:47 AM
a 5-11 team might be able to win this division

rick4457
10-03-2005, 03:49 AM
I really don't think Culpepper is a career superstar QB.He's had some good games and put up some good numbers,but i hardly think he is a good leader or decision maker.

OaklandVike
10-03-2005, 03:52 AM
"tampaviking" wrote:

a 5-11 team might be able to win this division

Are you out of your mind? It will take at least a 6-10 record to win the NFC North. :lol:

natethegreat
10-03-2005, 04:12 AM
im going to be very suprised if we dont win 9 games, thats eight more so we can go 5-1 in the division, then beat the browns, ravens and carolina and were 9-7, i can see it happening

V4L
10-03-2005, 04:19 AM
I'd like to point out we have lost to 2 undefeated teams.. And a 3-1 team.. We beat a team with a better record then us.. We will pick up a few more wins here and there and get everything on track.. Good thing we have a bye this week and get everyone back healthy and hopefully gel together more!

campstove
10-03-2005, 04:31 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

I'd like to point out we have lost to 2 undefeated teams.. And a 3-1 team.. We beat a team with a better record then us.. We will pick up a few more wins here and there and get everything on track.. Good thing we have a bye this week and get everyone back healthy and hopefully gel together more!we were not even competing in 2 of those games and tampa is not that good.We can't even run a play, we are very poorly coached

V4L
10-03-2005, 04:34 AM
Just looking for some positives baby! It bothers me everyone comes here and trashes the Vikes after a loss.. And can find everything that is negative.. But NOTHING positive.. I don't look forward to posting really after a loss.. But yah we weren't competing and Tampa is a lil overhyped..

campstove
10-03-2005, 04:42 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Just looking for some positives baby! It bothers me everyone comes here and trashes the Vikes after a loss.. And can find everything that is negative.. But NOTHING positive.. I don't look forward to posting really after a loss.. But yah we weren't competing and Tampa is a lil overhyped..Hey man ,just being honest ,still love the vikes and the juggaloes.With and easy sced and a few ajustments things can get better and were back in the race,oh I fergot ,were still in first!SKOL VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V4L
10-03-2005, 04:45 AM
right on camp! JUGGALO 4 LYFE!