PDA

View Full Version : According to Vic, we lost already.....



Muggsy
10-01-2005, 08:01 AM
From NFL.com

=============================================

Ask Vic!
Have a question for Vic on anything NFL related? Don't just sit there -- send it to AskVic@nfl.com, and the best questions will be answered throughout the season right here on NFL.com!

Q:Did the Minnesota Vikings turn the corner with their Week 3 victory against the New Orleans Saints?

A:Not quite.

The game was extremely important for the confidence of Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper, who found his groove with three touchdown passes against the Saints. However, the Vikings still have some improving to do, and the Falcons are a much better opponent than the Saints.

Atlanta's defensive front seven should have little problem shutting down the Vikings running game by getting good penetration into the backfield and stopping several plays before they can even get started. As a result, Culpepper will have to carry the offensive load against a relentless Falcons pass rush that should force him into the interceptions and other mistakes he was making through a disastrous 0-2 start.

The Falcons also can count on strong special-teams play that figures to consistently give Minnesota's offense bad drive starts, which will only place greater pressure on Culpepper.

That should leave Atlanta's offense with favorable field position on which it is able to capitalize with a strong running game and some big plays Michael Vick will make with his feet and throwing arm.

===============================================

Guess we shouldn't even bother showing up, eh?

As Chris Bermann says, "That's why they play the game......."

Vikings 23, Falcons 21

TARKenton
10-01-2005, 08:06 AM
Just another so called 'expert' who thinks he knows it all. He didnt mention that Atlantas corners are banged up or Atlanta has no good receivers other than crumpler, and hes a te. Most of the 'experts' dont know $hit about f*ck!

VikingsM4
10-01-2005, 12:29 PM
The Falcons are overrated...All we have to do is stop the run, force them to throw against the best CB tandem in the NFL...We maybe the away team but Iam going on the record as assuring this win. The Falcons will be surprised with the play of the Vikes D.

VikingMike
10-01-2005, 01:44 PM
I always like our chances when we are not expected to win a game. It's when we're favored that I start to worry. I like the Vikes this week if they can mess up Vick's rhythm by keeping the pressure on him all day.

http://hometown.aol.com/mcmlvi88/images/page%20rushing.jpg

Paulbedy59
10-01-2005, 02:27 PM
I love it! Underdogs again.lets go out there and show everyone what we are going to do the rest of the year.Lets get this ball rolling!!!!!

mnjamie
10-01-2005, 03:16 PM
"VikingsM4" wrote:

The Falcons are overrated...All we have to do is stop the run, force them to throw against the best CB tandem in the NFL...We maybe the away team but Iam going on the record as assuring this win. The Falcons will be surprised with the play of the Vikes D.




If Cottrell plays it right, man-to-man on the corners and continues to blitz the corner or weakside safety ... we will do well, as we will pressure vick and also have the extra man in the box to stop the run. I really do feel the entire game falls onto Cottrell's shoulders and how much he blitz's. As he needs to do it alot.

tosstomoss
10-01-2005, 03:49 PM
"mnjamie" wrote:

"VikingsM4" wrote:

The Falcons are overrated...All we have to do is stop the run, force them to throw against the best CB tandem in the NFL...We maybe the away team but Iam going on the record as assuring this win. The Falcons will be surprised with the play of the Vikes D.




If Cottrell plays it right, man-to-man on the corners and continues to blitz the corner or weakside safety ... we will do well, as we will pressure vick and also have the extra man in the box to stop the run. I really do feel the entire game falls onto Cottrell's shoulders and how much he blitz's. As he needs to do it alot.AMEN BROTHER, LET KICK SOME A$$

Ltrey33
10-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Overrated! *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* Overrated! *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

Overrated! *Michael Vick has the clap!*

C'mon guys...let's get the chant going!

DemonicViking
10-01-2005, 05:16 PM
Well, since we're playing in their house we don't want the crowd noise going against us.. so we must shut them up early and shut them up often. I estimate they'll be attempting to beat traffic by leaving midway thru the 3rd when we're winning 34-9.

Get your roll on.

DesertPurple
10-01-2005, 05:22 PM
This game will show what the Vikes are made of, and I'm going to do my best to keep my mouth shut ahead of time and not think with my rectum about possible outcomes. After this week perhaps we will have a better idea week-to-week which Vikings team will show up! :)

DaunteHOF
10-01-2005, 05:44 PM
both teams will be 2-2, put it like that...

Prime Time 84
10-02-2005, 02:03 AM
I do like our chances in this game, even against a good team on the road, because it's indoors, and because we're the underdog.

But I must ask:

Why does everybody here hate the experts? They're not just some bums that ESPN pick up off of the street. They can offer a much more objective opinion than your typical fan. Just because someone picks against the Vikings does not mean they're an idiot. Any unbiased, non-Viking fan would be stupid to consider the Vikings favorites this week. What one good week against a mediocre team can do for a fan's confidence . . . geez. Many of us seem to have forgotten what took place in weeks 1 and 2.

Anyway, here's how I look at this. If we win, I'm back on the "We're legitimate Super Bowl Contenders bandwagon". If we lose, and more importantly, if we lose in a pitiful nature, I'm staying on the "We're the best team in the North and will thusly make the playoffs, but be met with a decisive thrashing and a first round exit" bandwagon.

gregair13
10-02-2005, 02:33 AM
the falcons are overrated, but they are still a good team. we have to beat them to prove to the league we are indeed that good team we all know we are.

WBLVikeBabe
10-02-2005, 02:41 AM
Vick can kiss my arse

PurplePackerEater
10-02-2005, 03:33 AM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

Vick can kiss my arse

:shock: Um, remember he has Herpes.






:grin:

Lotza
10-02-2005, 03:34 AM
lets go vikes

FuadFan
10-02-2005, 03:35 AM
We are going in as the underdogs that is a fact the only person I have heard pick us to win is Hank Goldberg on ESPN news. It not so much that I disagree with this guy but I think he is not looking at all the facts the Bills gashed through the Falcons run defense and I think Moore can fight through them for tough yards and help our offense run the field.

snowinapril
10-02-2005, 03:46 AM
Taking off my purple colored glasses, I believe that our biggest set back going into this game is all the injuries on D. It may lead to some inconsistent play. That is what we have been having problems with already.

I don't want to have to rely on the D in this game. I hope that DC has a 5 TD game. The O will have to pull their weight and then a little bit more. I like to think of the O and D being friends, sometimes you have to help your friends when they are down.

sdvikefan
10-02-2005, 05:52 AM
"Prime Time 84" wrote:

I do like our chances in this game, even against a good team on the road, because it's indoors, and because we're the underdog.

But I must ask:

Why does everybody here hate the experts? They're not just some bums that ESPN pick up off of the street. They can offer a much more objective opinion than your typical fan. Just because someone picks against the Vikings does not mean they're an idiot. Any unbiased, non-Viking fan would be stupid to consider the Vikings favorites this week. What one good week against a mediocre team can do for a fan's confidence . . . geez. Many of us seem to have forgotten what took place in weeks 1 and 2.

Anyway, here's how I look at this. If we win, I'm back on the "We're legitimate Super Bowl Contenders bandwagon". If we lose, and more importantly, if we lose in a pitiful nature, I'm staying on the "We're the best team in the North and will thusly make the playoffs, but be met with a decisive thrashing and a first round exit" bandwagon.

You make some very good points, but sometimes it seems to me even the experts forget the "any given Sunday" factor in this parity-obsessed league. I do agree that a non-Viking fan would see a Falcons victory as a no-brainer here. We're on the road, against what is considered a better team, and we have a lot of injuries. But how many shocking upsets did we witness in 2004 alone? Even this year, there have been several.

The Saints game did not give me much confidence, and to me it remains to be seen whether the Vikes are "back on track". But as far as this game is concerned, not even the experts can afford to be that sure of the outcome given what has happened in other games. I think our guys can win it.