PDA

View Full Version : Another moron's opinion about our Vikes

Muggsy
09-29-2005, 06:38 PM
Week 4 rundown: Vikings face tough Vick test

Michael Tanier / Special to FOXSports.com

After the Vikings started the season 0-2, Mike Tice said his team lacked "swagger."

While the NFL mulled the possibility of adding a three-cone swagger drill to the scouting combine, Tice took action. He signed troubled WR Koren Robinson, who is sort of a discount-coupon Randy Moss. Robinson didn't play much against the Saints, but his swagger surely helped the Vikings coast to a 33-16 win.

After the game, two Vikings linemen were arrested in an altercation at a gas station. Any sissy can get tossed out of a bar; it takes a real tough guy to swagger up to the pumps looking for trouble.

Tice isn't done. As part of his coaching-staff shakeup, he has taken away play-calling duties from offensive coordinator Steve Loney and given them to Samuel L. Jackson. Nobody's got more swagger than Jackson.

Games You Will Watch

Vikings at Falcons: A lot of people were pointing fingers at Loney and Daunte Culpepper after Weeks 1 and 2; even Tice played the blame game (great leadership, coach). Somehow, the Vikings defense got a free pass, even though the Bengals scored on five of their first six possessions in Week 2 while Cadillac Williams ran wild in Week 1.

Against the Saints, the defense and special teams forced some turnovers in Saints territory, the Vikings offense capitalized, and all of the team's problems were solved quicker than you can say "Mewelde Moore."

So Tice has found the secret to winning: beat a bad team on a season-long road trip when they are coming off a Monday Night loss. It's a shame you can't bottle that formula.

The Falcons won't roll over so quickly. They run the ball very well. Their interior offensive line is solid. Their defense has trouble with power running teams, but they apply a lot of pressure. The Vikings aren't a power running team.

And of course there's that Vick guy, who is still about as accurate as the five-day forecast but can kill a defense that rolls up to stop RBs Warrick Dunn and T.J. Duckett.

Next week, Tice will be looking for a new scapegoat. Maybe he should heed some advice from Dire Straits: "When you point your finger 'cuz your plan fell through, you got three more fingers pointin' back at you."

============================================

While his football insight may been keen, he should stop trying to be a comedian. He sucks at it. Mike Tice has never been a man to point fingers, he just tells it as it is. And as I posted earlier, many people are amazed that Johnson and McKinnie were arrested. The charges should undoubtedly be dropped. And his take on the Vikings win? We were just lucky that we played the Saints.

This guy's a loon, and a Vike hater. We will see a lot more of it, unfortunately, until we get back to playing quality ball on a consistent basis. Until then, these jerks will still write this kind of garbage.

Prophet
09-29-2005, 06:45 PM
Yeah, we will see more of it until they beat reputable teams and play with consistency.

There aren't many people on earth that believe Tice has what it takes to be a successful HC in the NFL because he hasn't given any proof that he has that potential..

cajunvike
09-29-2005, 06:46 PM
"After the game, two Vikings linemen were arrested in an altercation at a gas station. Any sissy can get tossed out of a bar; it takes a real tough guy to swagger up to the pumps looking for trouble."

Takes an even tougher guy to become a sportswriter and take potshots at athletes that got all the girls in his high school...while he stayed home and jerked off to pictures in National Geographic! Probably another pathetic wannabe from Bahston!!! Go home to your mamma, you Viking hating titty-baby!

P.S. Cadillac didn't "run wild"...he got a 70-yard gimme at the end of the game...otherwise he only ran for about 70 yards.

Mr. Purple
09-29-2005, 06:51 PM
man funk what that guy says,....I dont fear atlanta. I just dont. Without vick thier nothin, plain and simple.

mnvikes61
09-29-2005, 06:55 PM
lol i just noticed you're new title WoT. congratulations.

i fear the falcons running game, plain and simple. doesn't matter if it's Dunn Vick or Ducket they all can run good

Jviking
09-29-2005, 06:58 PM
Whatever, i agree with prophet that we need to beat better teams to get some respect. Starting with atlanta.

Mr. Purple
09-29-2005, 07:01 PM
Ya you have to respect thier ground game...but when you contain vick and force a one deminsional game outta them, then you beat them. Winning the game comes bye shutting down Ron Mexico.

Vikes
09-29-2005, 07:22 PM
What a dumb A**!

DemonicViking
09-29-2005, 07:27 PM
Well, I guess this means we'll be the vicktors this coming sunday, 2-2, after that negative talk.

snowinapril
09-29-2005, 07:49 PM
the guy is trying to make the truth funny,

sometimes, the truth just isn't funny.

He actually is manipulating the underlying truth to his liking, that isn't funny either, that is modern journalism.

Basically, he says "I don't like TICE and I think he is a lousy coach." "I don't like the Vikings and don't believe they will beat ATL." "I don't think Vick is a good QB but he is good enough to beat the Vikings, because the Vikes will get out coached and out played." He could have left all that other crap out.

We hold our own fate in our hands, this game still won't make or break our season, but it will buy us a little bit of respect back if we win.

It would be nice to have the head to head over the Falcons.

Big C
09-29-2005, 08:04 PM
I agree 100% that shutting down Ron Mexico is the key.

We will win the game if we:
1. Contain the running game (limit them to 100 yards or less).
2. Have one safety or LB shadowing Vick.
3. Man to man coverage on the 2 WRs.
4. Double team Crumpler (because Harris can't cover him by himself - or any other TE for that matter...).
5. Don't turn the ball over. We have a punter who can kick the holy heck out of the ball so even if we go 3 an out at our 10 yard line (because we're not forcing it), the falcons will still start the ball around their 20 :).

VKG4LFE
09-29-2005, 08:09 PM
"Big C" wrote:

I agree 100% that shutting down Ron Mexico is the key.

We will win the game if we:
1. Contain the running game (limit them to 100 yards or less).
2. Have one safety or LB shadowing Vick.
3. Man to man coverage on the 2 WRs.
4. Double team Crumpler (because Harris can't cover him by himself - or any other TE for that matter...).
5. Don't turn the ball over. We have a punter who can kick the holy heck out of the ball so even if we go 3 an out at our 10 yard line (because we're not forcing it), the falcons will still start the ball around their 20 :).

That's kind of pushing it don't you think? That would be a net of 70+ yards.

Big C
09-29-2005, 08:13 PM
If we beat Atlanta, the media will say that we beat them because Vick had a bum hammy and not because Erasmus was hunting him down like a dog. They won't take in to account that we're playing without our starting safety, starting DE, banged up WLB and #1 WR. Just like they painted the Bucs victory as Cadillac running all over us for 140 yards and not even mentioning the go-ahead TD to Wiggins that was called back because of a phantom offensive pass inteference call.

Gotta love the media circus.

Big C
09-29-2005, 08:15 PM
That's assuming the return man muffs the catch the ball takes a bounce in our favor of course :grin:. But you get my point. Kid can kick.

VKG4LFE
09-29-2005, 08:18 PM
LOL, oh yeah, I forgot to assume that. Yeah, the kid can kick hopefully he'll keep up the good work.

gregair13
09-29-2005, 08:21 PM
tice has always told us as it is. i think thats why i like him so much.

and we did beat a pretty bad team in the saints, its really nothing to be that proud of. we must beat the falcons to get some respect back to the team from the media and fans alike.

Ltrey33
09-29-2005, 08:21 PM
"Big C" wrote:

That's assuming the return man muffs the catch the ball takes a bounce in our favor of course :grin:. But you get my point. Kid can kick.

Haha, you said muff.

DemonicViking
09-29-2005, 08:22 PM
And.. he said.. ball.

Del Rio
09-29-2005, 08:23 PM
I think the main factor in the game is Dunn, and Crumpler VS our LB's that's the ballgame IMO.

I'm calling out Cowart :grin: It's on his shoulders.

VKG4LFE
09-29-2005, 08:23 PM
And he said point......hahahahahahahahaha

Articnv
09-29-2005, 08:26 PM
yes the kid can kick. Lets hope we do not get rid of him liek soem other punter :)

I agree we contain vick they go to a pass gamign then its pick off city :)

midgensa
09-29-2005, 08:34 PM
Garnering respect will start this weekend with a win over the Falcons.

DemonicViking
09-29-2005, 08:40 PM
Vick will get his gains, but we can't allow too much of that, plus if we rattle him enough he'll throw the erratic passes he's known for chucking up. He is a better passer on the run than in the pocket so that's where we have to try an keep him.

whiteboy
09-29-2005, 08:41 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"After the game, two Vikings linemen were arrested in an altercation at a gas station. Any sissy can get tossed out of a bar; it takes a real tough guy to swagger up to the pumps looking for trouble."

Takes an even tougher guy to become a sportswriter and take potshots at athletes that got all the girls in his high school...while he stayed home and jerked off to pictures in National Geographic! Probably another pathetic wannabe from Bahston!!! Go home to your mamma, you Viking hating titty-baby!

P.S. Cadillac didn't "run wild"...he got a 70-yard gimme at the end of the game...otherwise he only ran for about 70 yards.

LMFAO!!!!!!!! you're funny as hell cajun! you as i was readin your post, that was everything that was going through my mind.

the vikes will get no respect until we beat good teams and we stay consistent, no more falling apart after week 8 or 9. we'll be alright, i think the vikes will handle atl, have a weekend off, and then punish chi. f*&% what anybody says about our team, i know they'll be just fine

DemonicViking
09-29-2005, 08:45 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

The point.. as in where the helmet is located at the upper portion of the phallus.. was that what you meant?

cajunvike
09-29-2005, 08:58 PM
"gregair13" wrote:

tice has always told us as it is. i think thats why i like him so much.

and we did beat a pretty bad team in the saints, its really nothing to be that proud of. we must beat the falcons to get some respect back to the team from the media and fans alike.

It's all relative...the Saints beat the Panthers, who beat the Patriots...so I guess that makes both the Panthers and the Patriots suck even WORSE! Anything can happen Sunday...but the team that plays the best will win...so if the Vikings don't make mistakes, chances are they will prevail, Vick or no Vick.

VKG4LFE
09-29-2005, 09:16 PM
"DemonicViking" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

The point.. as in where the helmet is located at the upper portion of the phallus.. was that what you meant?

Ummmmmm, yes.