PDA

View Full Version : Vikings uniform petition

lukeshkin
09-29-2005, 01:23 AM
okay i would like to start a petition to get the vikings to wear purple pants on the road like the '62-'64 uniform but first i could use some help.
1)what would be the best way to go about said petition electronic paper etc
2) i think electronic would be easiest so if any knows the best way to do it pm me or just post here
3) post yeas or nays here
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/lukeshkin/Minnesota62.gif
[hr]
this picture comes from http://www.athlegraphic.com/FFP/index.htm check it out it has tons of uniforms from the 1920's to today

natethegreat
09-29-2005, 01:26 AM
i dunno i said nay, i dont see it happening, best of luck though

PurplePeopleEaters
09-29-2005, 01:32 AM
Looks like the bears unis. Yuck!

natethegreat
09-29-2005, 01:34 AM
yeah i know, somethings wrong with the color

cc21
09-29-2005, 01:35 AM
I like the Vikes uniforms just how they are right now. Ill say nay.

singersp
09-29-2005, 01:38 AM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

I like the Vikes uniforms just how they are right now. Ill say nay.

Ditto that big time!

TheViking
09-29-2005, 01:42 AM
Yeah I like the white on white, sorry guy, I say nay!

PurplePeopleEaters
09-29-2005, 01:43 AM
http://www.athlegraphic.com/FFP/images/2000/Minnesota02.gif

looks fine to me...

Mr. Purple
09-29-2005, 01:44 AM
I would like to see purple pants on the road...it'd look cool. Like ATL did the black pants on the road, looked better IMO.

TheViking
09-29-2005, 01:45 AM
I wouldnt mind seeing an alternate jersey of some kind, maybe to be worn on that occasional Thursday game or something. But I like the current uniforms.

singersp
09-29-2005, 01:46 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

looks fine to me...

It looks blue to me. What part of purple don't you understand?

DemonicViking
09-29-2005, 01:51 AM
Nay, it's fine the way it is.. like theviking said.. maybe an alternate jersey.. I know black seems pretty generic these days.. but coming from someone who owns to black vike jerseys I think it would look good.

singersp
09-29-2005, 02:15 AM
"DemonicViking" wrote:

Nay, it's fine the way it is.. like theviking said.. maybe an alternate jersey.. I know black seems pretty generic these days.. but coming from someone who owns to black vike jerseys I think it would look good.

I'd be against black. "purple Pride" & all. Purple's gotta stay. Perhaps jaz the jersey itself up.

Mr. Purple
09-29-2005, 02:17 AM
I think the vikes should have a black jersey. They could rock it around halloween or something. I know that there are some black alternate ones around there made a couple years ago. But I'm talkin the real deal!

DemonicViking
09-29-2005, 02:28 AM
I wasn't suggesting ditch the purple altogether, but have the black jersey once and a while. As far as the gold alternate ones.. well, I wouldn't be too keen on that.

BigMoInAZ
09-29-2005, 02:29 AM
As much as I advocate change, I have to say NAY to the purple pants. I remember posting those pics this summer in a discussion about uni changes and I still think they should address that in the future, but for now, no need to change anything during the season!

singersp
09-29-2005, 02:36 AM
"DemonicViking" wrote:

I wasn't suggesting ditch the purple altogether, but have the black jersey once and a while. As far as the gold alternate ones.. well, I wouldn't be too keen on that.

I don't like the gold ones at all. But if you took your black & add it to the purple jersey, say the side panels, you might have something. Black also absorbs heat. Might not be good for the players in warm climates or indoors. Heat exhaustion is getting to be a big issue these days.

kramer9guy
09-29-2005, 02:39 AM
I don't mind the retro look, kinda cool actually, but as far as I'm concerned, if it ain't broke...

WBLVikeBabe
09-29-2005, 02:41 AM
I say keep the jerseys purple

dfwvike
09-29-2005, 02:58 AM
Black is not a team color. Stay with what we have, white on white is the best.

vikinggreg
09-29-2005, 03:01 AM
no change, looks like a CFL or college team with purple pants

umaguma1979
09-29-2005, 03:12 AM
And get rid of the ghosts? No way!!!

6-KINGS
09-29-2005, 03:24 AM
"Time for a cool change, I know it's time for a cool change"

Lotza
09-29-2005, 03:33 AM
i think there fine the way they are...

DemonicViking
09-29-2005, 03:40 AM
Black is not a team color..?

Black looks good on teams like Atlanta and Jacksonville. I don't think that we would look great in it however, such as having black helmets and black pants... the purple is better.. but the alternate black jerseys would not be that bad looking.

Mr. Purple
09-29-2005, 04:01 AM
I love the idea of a Black Alternate Vike jersey. Just worn once or twice at vike home games. Purple and Black look sick together.

Ltrey33
09-29-2005, 04:45 AM
The purple pants are sweet!

cajunvike
09-29-2005, 04:59 AM
As John Pinette says: "Nay Nay"...leave the CLASSIC uniforms alone!!!

lukeshkin
09-29-2005, 05:05 AM
obviously the color in the pics i posted are a little off but a lot of teams are having the team color pants right now. think of the redskins and the chiefs i like the jerseys right now and they do not need to be changed.but,if you have the purple pants that opens the door for an all purple alternate. talk about purple people eaters!
(plus it would open up the options on madden, imo :thumbright:)

DemonicViking
09-29-2005, 05:36 AM
You can play in the gold jerseys in ESPN 2K5.. I don't understand why they didn't add the option to wear black, I coulda done without the gold.

ultravikingfan
09-29-2005, 05:37 AM
Nay here!

I think we have the best uni's in the NFl.

I guess I am biased (but honest).

BlowuptheDome
09-29-2005, 05:40 AM
I like the idea of the gold jerseys it looks good for the Lakers

DemonicViking
09-29-2005, 05:41 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Nay here!

I think we have the best uni's in the NFl.

I guess I am biased (but honest).

Homer! :lol:

You are right, we do have the best uniforms.

gregair13
09-29-2005, 06:02 AM
our uniforms are great. why do we need to change them? what more can you ask for than purple and yellow perfection?

Paulbedy59
09-29-2005, 01:09 PM
Our unis are pretty darn good in my opinion.

AlabamaViking
09-29-2005, 01:30 PM
I am with the majority of people on this...I say get an alternate jersey or something. The purple pants might be an alright option, but only in certain situations (not sure how to determine that). The reason I even say that is because it is one of those "Vikings history" things. In fact, when you read about the time the Vikes wore a purple jersey and purple pants you will read the "disgust" from the higher ups as to how bad they looked. It's kind of funny really. So for nostalgia, I say wear the purple pants now and again...maybe one per year. Maybe even find out who the Vikes played when they first (or last played) in them and let that be the team we wera them with. This being a 40th Anniversary would be a good year to do something like that too.
There you go, my thoughts.
Until next time, I'll see you on the field.

Gene Ramsay
AKA - AlabamaViking and Norseman

Del Rio
09-29-2005, 02:34 PM
I have seen teams with purple on purple before. In fact a local HS team the Viewmont Vikings have minnesota viking helmets with DARK purple on Dark purple. Almost looks black, but it is pretty great looking.

As far as our team I don't care, just win.

pigskinronin
09-29-2005, 04:18 PM
I think the uniforms look good the way they are.

For those ESPN 2K players - it bugs me when I get challeged by a team like the Ravens and they switch to black-on-black uniforms, hard to seperate when I'm using Vikes with dark purple. Would love the white-on-white option but it's not available, so I go with the gold alternate jersey.

Here is a pic of a black jersey that some of you mentioned. Warning: do not lose your lunch when you see the name.

http://rbk.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p1496406reg.jpg

whiteviking24
09-29-2005, 04:30 PM
I say they are fine they way they are ...now as far as the old V logo on midfeild in the dome? I know it's from our past,but we did that in the endzones..Don't change the midfeild! Take away the V....It looks like a college logo out there. At least I think so.

That is the logo

DemonicViking
09-29-2005, 04:51 PM
Hate to say it but.. the black jersey loses cool points if it happens to have a player's name that Viking fans do not like on it.. Hovan would be a prime example of this. I'm afraid we're gonna have to set it ablaze.. we don't need no water let the muthafocka burn...

VKG4LFE
09-29-2005, 04:59 PM
"singersp" wrote:

looks fine to me...

How can we have two different guys wear number 24? lol I think our unis are fine the way they are.

V4L
09-29-2005, 05:00 PM
I like the Uni's.. It would be sweet to have the Vikes wear black alternate jerseys though..

DemonicViking
09-29-2005, 05:04 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

looks fine to me...

How can we have two different guys wear number 24? lol I think our unis are fine the way they are.

Not to mention.. the guy has no mouth.. no nose... no friggin' eyes..

he's got the ball but no clue where he's supposed to be running to.

whackthepack
09-29-2005, 05:07 PM
No black jerseys, not every team has to have a black alternate jersey. Detroit's black jersey's look terrible!

I would like to see the white top purple pants for road unis, but not purple on purple.

And I think that the NFL should make a rule that if you are home, you cannot wear your road whites. It gives teams from the south an advantage, on a 95 degree day the choose the road whites and the visitors have to wear the dark jersey's. If you are at home you have to wear your home jerseys.

The black people eaters, does not sound good! We would probably get sued for racism

VKG4LFE
09-29-2005, 05:09 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

No black jerseys, not every team has to have a black alternate jersey. Detroit's black jersey's look terrible!

I would like to see the white top purple pants for road unis, but not purple on purple.

And I think that the NFL should make a rule that if you are home, you cannot wear your road whites. It gives teams from the south an advantage, on a 95 degree day the choose the road whites and the visitors have to wear the dark jersey's. If you are at home you have to wear your home jerseys.

I never thought about that advantage like that. But that's like saying the dome can't have turf for unfair advantages. I don't know if they could/would change that rule.

whackthepack
09-29-2005, 05:12 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

I never thought about that advantage like that. But that's like saying the dome can't have turf for unfair advantages. I don't know if they could/would change that rule.

90% of stadiums have turf, so that is a terrible comparison. And a light color shirt on a hot day, does make a difference. It does keep you cooler, so there is an advantage. Why should a home team get to wear their ROAD whites?