PDA

View Full Version : Happy we got Edinger...

pigskinronin
09-28-2005, 05:26 AM
instead of Brien.

From the Daily Herald (Chicago):

Doug Brien’s 1-for-4 field-goal inaccuracy looks especially bad considering Paul Edinger’s 6-for-7 start with the Vikings.

The Bears cut Edinger over the summer in favor of Brien.

Brien, a 12-year veteran, missed badly on a 39-yard attempt with 1:07 left in the first half Sunday and the Bears trailing just 10-0.

“Of course Doug has to be able to kick the ball better than that,� Bears coach Lovie Smith said. “That was a momentum swing going into halftime that we really needed.�

Smith isn’t sure if Brien is struggling with the elements at Soldier Field or if there are other factors.

“If I knew all of that, it would be a lot easier,� Smith said. “Doug has missed some big kicks. To me, that’s as deep as I can go with it. Soldier Field, wherever else we’re playing, we have a kicker that’s hit some bad balls, and he has to get it right.�

Smith, however, reiterated that there are no plans to bring in free agents to compete for Brien’s job.

kramer9guy
09-28-2005, 05:38 AM
Yeah, Brien is abysmal. Funny to because some people on this board during the off-season were saying we should bring him. The guy flat out sucks. Even Elling would have been a step up from Doug Brien. But, so far, thank god for Edinger. Other than that one miss, he's looked good so far this season.

FuadFan
09-28-2005, 05:38 AM
We already knew Doug Brien sucked years ago when we had him and he missed two extra points in one game. The Bears didn't learn from the history of him with us and the Jets so now they are doomed to repeat it.

cc21
09-28-2005, 05:42 AM
I tell you what. I am loving Pual Edinger. He had done real good for us. Hasn't he kicked a 53 yarder to? We actually have some good kickers this year. Go Kluwe and go Edinger! For the first couple weeks they were the best players on the Vikings.

ultravikingfan
09-28-2005, 05:59 AM
I am very happy this year! What a turn-around from the past few! Yes!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/edinger.jpg

whackthepack
09-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Elling was signed by the Ravens, he will do their kickoffs and long field goals.

Edinger's only miss hit the upright and bounced back. It is so nice to know that if we need a 48 yarder, that we have a chance to make it! And we do not have to go for it on 4th down because our kicker can't make it from 45 yards.

Why Chicago would have chosen Brien over Edinger is beyond me! I thought Lovie was a better judge of talent.

gregair13
09-28-2005, 06:09 PM
yes, we havent had a kicker in a long while, and now we might have one... for about 1 and a half years. he is old. but really i dont care as long as he keeps putting points on the board.

SamDawg84
09-28-2005, 06:13 PM
yeah dude. i wanted paul since i dont remember but eh it doesnt matter since we have him

fanofpurple
09-28-2005, 06:49 PM
"gregair13" wrote:

yes, we havent had a kicker in a long while, and now we might have one... for about 1 and a half years. he is old. but really i dont care as long as he keeps putting points on the board.

What do you mean "He is old". 27 is old?????...LOL. Anderson was old. :lol:

Ltrey33
09-28-2005, 07:02 PM
"fanofpurple" wrote:

"gregair13" wrote:

What do yopu mean "He is old". 27 is old?????...LOL. Anderson was old. :lol:

Edinger is younger than Culpepper! He's not old...it just seems that way because he's been around a while.

WaywardHoosier
09-28-2005, 09:08 PM
Edinger was a consistant and good kicker for the Bears. I thought they made a big mistake letting him go. I am glad that he kicks for the Vikings. If you want to last a long time in the NFL, kicker and punter are the two positions to play. With today's athlete's staying in better shape during their 30's and 40's, there is no reason why a kicker should quit in his young 40's. AGE DOESN'T MATTER, SKILLS AND PHYSICAL CONDITIONING DO.

From a 43 year old who lifts and runs more than I did when I was in my 20's. A lot less beer these days.

ItalianStallion
09-28-2005, 09:14 PM
I love not having to gamble or punt when the ball is at their 30 yard line because our kicker can't make anything over 40 yards.

VikingsTw
09-28-2005, 09:38 PM
Its a great feelin knowing that your could attempt a field goal from the 35 instead of punting it or going for it on 4th down. That was really jacked up last year, kicking and punting is highly underated. We lost alot of games because of kickers since the Tice era.

VKG4LFE
09-28-2005, 10:05 PM
"fanofpurple" wrote:

"gregair13" wrote:

What do you mean "He is old". 27 is old?????...LOL. Anderson was old. :lol:

Yeah, Edinger's got a good 17 years left in him!!! lol

Vikes
09-29-2005, 12:00 AM
Our kicker is AWSOME!