PDA

View Full Version : For all you draft haters

midgensa
09-28-2005, 02:16 AM
I know it is early yet, but M. Williams - 1 catch, 1 touchdown in two games, T. Williamson 5 catches, 127 yards 1 touchdown in three games (of course all of that in the last two). Both of these guys will be on the up, but TWill definitely fits in here in Purple as much as MWill would have.

Burley81
09-28-2005, 02:28 AM
I was the only one (I think) on here that wanted to draft Matt Jones. That due is just plain sick.

But Williamson is something special. Kid is mad fast. Also, I thought Troy couldn't catch and was having problems running routes :lol:. Sure didn't look like it blazing the Saints D.

mnjamie
09-28-2005, 02:30 AM
Ya, and I said we should have picked up Darrin Sproles from K-State ... tearing it up in San Diego ... 20-20 ... I think that is what hindsight is ??? hmmm ...

Burley81
09-28-2005, 02:32 AM
"mnjamie" wrote:

Ya, and I said we should have picked up Darrin Sproles from K-State ... tearing it up in San Diego ... 20-20 ... I think that is what hindsight is ??? hmmm ...So did I. Isn't he like 5'6 or something like that? But dude is just balzing fast.

midgensa
09-28-2005, 02:43 AM
"mnjamie" wrote:

Ya, and I said we should have picked up Darrin Sproles from K-State ... tearing it up in San Diego ... 20-20 ... I think that is what hindsight is ??? hmmm ...

We should have gotten him just to return kicks. He was available when we picked in the fourth right? I am happy with Fason though.
As for the Matt Jones thing ... he is very athletic, but the 7th pick on a QB at WR ... I don't think so ... also, he has not been that impressive either.

Burley81
09-28-2005, 02:54 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

"mnjamie" wrote:

We should have gotten him just to return kicks. He was available when we picked in the fourth right? I am happy with Fason though.
As for the Matt Jones thing ... he is very athletic, but the 7th pick on a QB at WR ... I don't think so ... also, he has not been that impressive either.

Seeing from training camp, he has great hands. Plus, he has only caught 7 balls. Wayyyy too early to tell if he is a bust or not. But personall, next year, I think he will blow up big.

MensaTice
09-28-2005, 02:54 AM
I love our draft for the team we have. The only other way i would have liked to see our picks go would have been Derrick Johnson then Matt Jones. That may have been better for now but I think the draft we had may be the best in the long run.

Mr. Purple
09-28-2005, 02:57 AM
THe only other player i wish so bad we would have got was Derrick Johnson. I honestly beleive Matt Jones, T-Will and others would have been around at 18. But o well...im happy and content:)

Burley81
09-28-2005, 03:00 AM
Also, if we would have picked Jones, he would turn out to good. Our WR system/coach is one of the best, and he would excell in it IMO. If he would have problems dropping the ball, that is where that steps in.Plus, he has Pep throwing him the ball...

Mr. Purple
09-28-2005, 03:03 AM
Ya but Matt Jones is like Mike Williams, a big possesion WR....and as the draft came closer our organization made it clear we wernt lookin for that. But that might have been a smart move, becuz M-Rob has dropped a fair share this year.

natethegreat
09-28-2005, 03:27 AM
dont take this wrong, but what does troy have to do to get some respect from us, he has done great when the ball is thrown his way and can't be doing much better, i love who we drafted and i think erasmus's holdout really hurt him, he would be starting now if he didn't miss all that time, i just think troy is going to be a real good player in this league and im not all that high on matt jones, so far hes caught 7 balls for 62 yards, averaging 8.9 a catch, and troy has 5 for 127 averaging 25.4

Lotza
09-28-2005, 03:38 AM
with a name like troy, hes gotta be good!

ItalianStallion
09-28-2005, 03:41 AM
I don't think any of us would have minded picking up Caddy.

Lotza
09-28-2005, 03:46 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

I don't think any of us would have minded picking up Caddy.well knowing now how much of a stud he is any team would like to have h i m.