PDA

View Full Version : Burleson Out Another Week

Wiggles67
09-27-2005, 07:16 PM
not sure if this has been posted anywhere yet I couldnt see it anywhere though

The Vikings will be without their No. 1 wide receiver for a second straight game when they visit the Falcons this week. Head coach Mike Tice confirmed during his press conference on Monday that Nate Burleson will not play because of his injured knee. Burleson suffered a sprained posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during their week two game against the Bengals

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6407/news

Hopefully TT and Williamson continue to step it up like they did last week!

VikingsTw
09-27-2005, 07:19 PM
We'll be ok most likely. Sprained knees are no joke, i wouldn't be suprised if he misses more games then just next week. We got three WR and couple TE who are producing right now so i think we are ok.

mnvikes61
09-27-2005, 08:57 PM
yah i'd rather burleson come back at full speed when he will actually be able to help the team than come back too quickly and not make an impact. we're still pretty solid at WRs with M.Robinson, T. Taylor, T. Williamson and maybe ol' stone hands (K.Robinson) himself can make an appearance in this game.

Anybody hear how Sharper, L. Johnstone and B. Williams are doing?

gregair13
09-27-2005, 09:01 PM
we did fine without him this week, but the falcons are a much better team. he would help us, but not at 60%; we need him at 100% so the extra time off will help.

WBLVikeBabe
09-27-2005, 09:02 PM
I've heard he'll be back for the Chicago game. Which would be in 3 weeks after our bye.

whackthepack
09-27-2005, 09:07 PM
Brian Williams, has a sprained knee will not play against Atlanta. Hopefully he is back after the bye week.

Sharper said his knee was not as far along as he was hoping on Monday, and did not know if he would be ready to go for Atlanta. The Vikes think otherwise and have him listed as probable for the Atlanta game.

My take, he will not play and hope he is back after the break.

Johnstone had a MRI done on his shoulder, the last I have heard they had not commented on what was discovered.

Mr. Purple
09-27-2005, 09:11 PM
Thats fine in my book. Then he'll have the bye week...so he'll have an extra week. We did fine without em...let him get 100% no rush.

VKG4LFE
09-27-2005, 09:12 PM
Man, I didn't think his injury was that bad.

finnishvikingsfan
09-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Knee injurys are so rough. I understand Burleson being out for that long I think he might be back after the bye week.

VKG4LFE
09-27-2005, 09:15 PM
I guess it's better to rest him now, than to rush him back and get him hurt again.

mnvikes61
09-27-2005, 09:15 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

Brian Williams, has a sprained knee will not play against Atlanta. Hopefully he is back after the bye week.

Sharper said his knee was not as far along as he was hoping on Monday, and did not know if he would be ready to go for Atlanta. The Vikes think otherwise and have him listed as probable for the Atlanta game.

My take, he will not play and hope he is back after the break.

Johnstone had a MRI done on his shoulder, the last I have heard they had not commented on what was discovered.
man good thing we're against the falcons, vick doesn't throw very well, the only bad thing is his best target is probaly Crumpler, which we've been having trouble covering TEs this season.

VikesAllTheWay
09-28-2005, 01:50 AM
Troy is going to have to make big plays in this one...

DemonicViking
09-28-2005, 01:54 AM
Didn't someone mention that before Nate got injured that Culpepper was too focused on throwing the ball to him and not so much spreading it around.. leading to a better game last week? I hope that is not the case.. don't make it the Nate Ratio now.

WBLVikeBabe
09-28-2005, 01:59 AM
I hope that is not the case either, I really like Burleson.