PDA

View Full Version : Joe Horn Knows What's Up

Toss2Moss84
09-26-2005, 05:22 AM
Q: What did they do to take you and Donte out of the game? Was it them?
A: Take Donte and me out of the game? Well, I had one catch. It was them, their DB's shut us down. They have the best DB's I ever played against. The best in the world. The best DB's I ever played against in my life. Fred Smoot and Winfield are the best DB's in the league, they shut us down.

Horn speaks nothing but the truth....

PurplePackerEater
09-26-2005, 05:32 AM
WOW.
Are you serious? Is there a link.

THAT is freakin' cool.

IbleedPURPLEandGOLD
09-26-2005, 05:54 AM
Link Please?

ultravikingfan
09-26-2005, 06:10 AM
Sounds like he was heavy on the sarcasm?

Mr. Purple
09-26-2005, 06:11 AM
lmao ya, I thinkin sarcasim as well ultra

WBLVikeBabe
09-26-2005, 06:26 AM
Yea i'm not quite sure he would say it like that so many times.

PurplePackerEater
09-26-2005, 06:48 AM
If that was sarcasm, he's very BAD at it.

Joe Horn - 1 Catch for 11 yards.
Donte Stallworth - No catches.

Who covers these two, that's right, Winfield and Smoot!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/jamieanderson/HaHa.jpg

Salzy
09-26-2005, 06:52 AM
SMOOT! there it is!

ShiFtY
09-26-2005, 07:11 AM
here's the link i found the quotes

its true too.

http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_OBJECTNAME_QuotesFollowingSaints92505.html

Very bottom.

Prophet
09-26-2005, 02:38 PM
Great to hear from Horn. He likes to talk smack as much as the next guy, but he's a stand up guy too. I'm sure he's thinking that Brooks in way too inconsistent but he is not as much of a loser as some other WRs in the league and wouldn't day that to the press.

VKG4LFE
09-26-2005, 03:59 PM
I am going to hop on the sarcasm bandwagon too here!! I'm glad we shut both of them down, especially Horn!!

PAvikesfan
09-26-2005, 04:04 PM
now, hopefully teams don't key on our non-covering LB's with TE's because we are against Crumpler this week and we definately have a weakness in our LBers covering even Ernie Conwell.

VKG4LFE
09-26-2005, 04:07 PM
Yeah it's pretty sad that Conwell got as many yards as he did!

Mr. Purple
09-26-2005, 05:27 PM
Thats amazing! I thought this wasnt true....and coming from a top 5 WR like Horn makes it that much sweeter!

mnvikes61
09-27-2005, 06:07 AM
yah Joe Horn is a real stand up guy, he'll speak the truth. he won't make excuses, it isn't that they weren't good are corners were just better in this game :grin: that's great to hear from a great WR like Horn!

snowinapril
09-27-2005, 06:19 AM
It is not all the DBs, it helped that the D-Line and the LBs held Duece. There were a lot of 3rd and long and that is when the DBs got their chance to shine.

All I am saying is it was a good team effort. Ya, the LBs got to stop the TEs.

Thanks for the quote, it was a good find.

fred3105
09-27-2005, 08:01 AM
This is kinda like when Randy Moss said Kerry Collins is better than Daunte Culpepper. Although this time its good about the Vikings so you arent calling him crazy.

UTVikfan
09-27-2005, 08:28 AM
Actually, its not like that comment at all. The stats actually back this one up Fred3105. *cough* Collin's was not very close to an MVP year last year. Or the one before, or before that, etc.

fred3105
09-27-2005, 08:33 AM
Actually its just like that comment because everyone knows that Daunte is better than Collins and anyone that is not bias knows that Antonio and Fred Smoot are not the best corners in the NFL. Also there are no such thing as CB stats considering there are so many different things to take into consideration for the position.

Also if we used you method, basing a CB performance off the yards gained by the WR they faced, they still wouldnt be the best because Randy Moss has been held under 30 yards serveral times in his career.

UTVikfan
09-27-2005, 09:03 AM
Smoot and Winfield aren't? How many teams have a better tandem? Very few. Horn is good. And aside from his frequent drops so is Stallworth. True stats don't show what is actually up with CB's, but Horn and Stallworth with one catch between them is a relevant stat.

PurplePeopleEaters
09-27-2005, 01:18 PM
"fred3105" wrote:

Actually its just like that comment because everyone knows that Daunte is better than Collins and anyone that is not bias knows that Antonio and Fred Smoot are not the best corners in the NFL. Also there are no such thing as CB stats considering there are so many different things to take into consideration for the position.

Also if we used you method, basing a CB performance off the yards gained by the WR they faced, they still wouldnt be the best because Randy Moss has been held under 30 yards serveral times in his career.

Apart from the Ravens with Mcallister and Rolle, they probably are the best CB tandem. Maybe Horn thinks that they are better... maybe he is being sarcastic... who knows?

VKG4LFE
09-27-2005, 05:57 PM
Who cares, we won and we didn't let Joe Horn do anything! I don't like Joe Horn.

mnvikes61
09-27-2005, 08:06 PM
doesn't matter if he's being sarcastic to me. we shut their WRs down the entire game, the only player who was catching anything was their TE and that was just weak coverage by our LBs. if he's being sarcastic he's just trying to downplay the performance of our CBs, which their is no argument our CBs owned their WRs the entire game. i think he's just speaking the truth.

TheViking
09-27-2005, 08:29 PM
This is were that Joe Horn quote came from. I think we do have 2 of the best DB's in the league but Horn was being sarcastic.

Frustrated receivers say they weren't shut down by Vikings
By Michael Rand
Contributing writer

MINNEAPOLIS -- The Vikings were burned for 536 passing yards in their
first two games. But, according to Saints receiver Joe Horn,
Minnesota's cornerback duo of Antoine Winfield and Fred Smoot are
world-beaters.
"They're the best DBs I've ever played against. The best in the
world," Horn said.
The statement was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, as Horn was clearly
frustrated by a performance by quarterback Aaron Brooks
and a game plan that contributed into him catching just one pass and Donte Stallworth
being shut out.
Stallworth said Minnesota didn't deserve the credit.
"I don't know what it was," he said, "but I know it wasn't us
being shut down."

gregair13
09-27-2005, 08:40 PM
Horn is one of the best WR in the NFL. he is a vet and knows how to score points. the cellphone > anything TO has done.

and we do have an amazing CB duo. i would put the ravens first, then eagles(they are proven they can shutdown anyone), and then us. something you can agrue is that the ravens and the eagles have the best safety behind them in Reed and Dawkins, respectivly; so they can gamble more to make players knowing they have very good help behind them.

V-Unit
09-27-2005, 09:02 PM
Short memory is a great thing.