PDA

View Full Version : gameball

Vikes316
09-26-2005, 02:02 AM
who the hell gets a gameball for this game???????
its so hard to decide.
culpepper obviously had a hell of a game.
moore rushed fantasically today
taylor stepped up with 2 huge td's
troy also stepped up with his first in the nfl
winfield had a very very big int at the end
even though smoo didnt get a int he played a hell of a game out there a prevented what could have been td's for the saints

but if i had to chhose i would say daunte because of he unbelivable rebound from the 2 first games
SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GreenBaySlackers
09-26-2005, 02:07 AM
be like the niners and give one to everybody...

WBLVikeBabe
09-26-2005, 02:21 AM
MeMo

Lotza
09-26-2005, 02:23 AM
what about edinger?

PurplePeopleEaters
09-26-2005, 02:24 AM
"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

what about edinger?

He did miss a chip shot but had a couple clutch kicks...

Vikes316
09-26-2005, 02:25 AM
ohhh yea sorry.......i forgot about him
but he was very good today except for that missed fieldgoal. but if he didnt miss that kick then kieth newman wouldnt have gotten that int that that set up the taylor td.......its funny how these things work themselves out

COJOMAY
09-26-2005, 02:29 AM
I was only able to see the first half of the game but Williamson made a couple of clutch catches in that first half. How did he look the rest of the game?

mnvikes61
09-26-2005, 02:29 AM
i would give it to Pep, Moore or Taylor on offense.
on defense i'd give it to either Darrion Scott or Smoot.
i personally thought that Scott played one heck of a game, and Smoot i think had 5 passes deflected or defended, overall though it was a great team effort, even the announcer said we were just winning in all 3 phases of the game.

mnvikes61
09-26-2005, 02:30 AM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

I was only able to see the first half of the game but Williamson made a couple of clutch catches in that first half. How did he look the rest of the game?
i don't believe he caught a ball after the first half, but he was really tearing it up in the first half. we need to use him more!

Mr. Purple
09-26-2005, 02:31 AM
CUlpepper!!! He showed every single hater out there that he is for real! 300+yards, 3 td's! Culpepper Todays MVP!

ultravikingfan
09-26-2005, 02:33 AM
Tice!

whiteboy
09-26-2005, 02:41 AM
culpepper all the way, other than tice, i think he was under the most spotlight for his piss poor performance

midgensa
09-26-2005, 02:45 AM
Mike Tice should get the game ball
This big win is just what we needed, not some close lucky thing, but a big win to take into hostile Atlanta (where I will be live) SKOL!!!!! Tice

natethegreat
09-26-2005, 02:52 AM
"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

be like the niners and give one to everybody...

im down with that, its kind of hard for tice to give a game ball just to one person, and i dont know why he would give it to himself haha

Paulbedy59
09-26-2005, 03:21 AM
Balls all the way around for everyone.Great team effort guys.Now lets get those Falcons!!

mnjamie
09-26-2005, 03:26 AM
You have to be kidding me ... the ONE and only game ball should go to:

**drum roll plz **

NO AVG I20 LG
C. Kluwe 5 48.4 2 59

His kicks constantly gave the Saints a long field to play to even get close to scoring. I saw one punt he kicked to the 10 yrd line and they had the hangtime clock up ... 5.6 seconds !! That is amazing even by NFL standards and right when the returner caught the ball, Ralph Brown splattered him.

Don't underestimate the importance of this when you are facing the #7 ranked offense in the NFL coming into this week.

DoraTheExplorer
09-26-2005, 03:29 AM
"mnjamie" wrote:

You have to be kidding me ... the ONE and only game ball should go to:

**drum roll plz **

NO AVG I20 LG
C. Kluwe 5 48.4 2 59

His kicks constantly gave the Saints a long field to play to even get close to scoring. I saw one punt he kicked to the 10 yrd line and they had the hangtime clock up ... 5.6 seconds !! That is amazing even by NFL standards and right when the returner caught the ball, Ralph Brown splattered him.

Don't underestimate the importance of this when you are facing the #7 ranked offense in the NFL coming into this week.

true, he had a great game but in case you didn't notice, Travis Taylor caught 2 TD passes, Daunte threw for 3 with 300 yards, and Mwelde did great too.

Odin VAVikefan
Culpepper had an MVP performance today and should get recognition from the team; it will be a good show of support for our franchise quarterback. However...

I would seriously consider giving the gameball to Kluwe. It's been a long time since we had somebody who punted as well as Mitch Berger used to, and think about how many times we pinned the Saints deep in their own territory, forcing them to have to work much harder to get to our endzone. I really believe that, on some of those Saints drives where we kept giving way and finally stopped them in our redzone, the extra yardage caused New Orleans to wear down, weakening their momentum,, tiring out their players, and allowing our D### to take enough time to adjust to the Saints' momentum. We'll never know, but there's a good possibility that the Saints may have added a touchdown or two if they hadn't had to march an extra 20 yards. Plus, Aaron Brooks was desperate when inside the Saints' 20-yard line, and this may have led to both of our interceptions. Hooray for Kluwe!!!

ItalianStallion
WE'll only go as far as Culpepper takes us, and today he played well enough to get us the win.

DarrinNelsonguy
09-26-2005, 03:31 AM
I was at the game and the game ball should go to the whole Vikings secondary because even when Brooks had time there were no open WRs. The secondary was great today.

Odin VAVikefan
09-26-2005, 03:32 AM
Aw shit!!!! mnjamie beat me to the punch. Tricksy hobbit, getting under the gun while I was typing!! ;)

singersp
09-26-2005, 03:51 AM
Team win. Game ball to the Team. Special teams should get recognition for two kick-off fumbles & recoveries.

SharperVikings
09-26-2005, 03:58 AM
yeah, the TEAM had a hell of a game, not just one single playa!

ultravikingfan
09-26-2005, 04:52 AM
Dora (if that is your real name), you are constantly playing the role of spelling and grammar police; its getting old. Especially when you are not perfect. If you want to point out others flaws (and you have been for awhile) better make sure your pooh does not stink!

Here was where you were correcting another member (as usual)

"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

"pigskinronin" wrote:

lol... I did a edit after rereading my post. Its all good, we're on the same page.

an edit, an edit. Remember this lil' song: When a word begins with a vowel it's A-N, When a word begins with a vowel it's A-N, When a word begins with a vowel don't use the f***ing a key unless you use the f***ing n immediatly after.

Capitalize the first word of a sentence.

Why is "When" capitalized after the comma?

immediatly? It is "immediately".

"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

true, he had a great game but in case you didn't notice, Travis Taylor caught 2 TD passes, Daunte threw for 3 with 300 yards, and Mwelde did great too.

There you go again not capitalizing the first word of a sentence. :roll:

Who's "Mwedle"? Oh, you must mean "Mewelde".

Stop being a ass.

donjen95
09-26-2005, 04:56 AM
kluwe gets my vote. this guy can kick the crap out of the ball.

zeppelin4534
09-26-2005, 07:06 AM
Pep! He really lead this team today. Right from the beginning. He looked like the normal Culpepper that we know. I bet anyone he has a big game in Atlanta. Him and Troy. Troy is gonna be huge. He tore up everyone on the Saints D. He looked really great today. The guy can fly!!!! and his catches were really solid too! This made my week.

cajunvike
09-26-2005, 07:52 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Dora (if that is your real name), you are constantly playing the role of spelling and grammar police; its getting old. Especially when you are not perfect. If you want to point out others flaws (and you have been for awhile) better make sure your pooh does not stink!

Here was where you were correcting another member (as usual)

"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

"pigskinronin" wrote:

lol... I did a edit after rereading my post. Its all good, we're on the same page.

an edit, an edit. Remember this lil' song: When a word begins with a vowel it's A-N, When a word begins with a vowel it's A-N, When a word begins with a vowel don't use the f***ing a key unless you use the f***ing n immediatly after.

Capitalize the first word of a sentence.

Why is "When" capitalized after the comma?

immediatly? It is "immediately".

"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

There you go again not capitalizing the first word of a sentence. :roll:

Who's "Mwedle"? Oh, you must mean "Mewelde".

Stop being a jiggly butt.

I think that he is bucking for the title of "PPO Grammar Nazi"! :lol: