PDA

View Full Version : **Official Post Game Thread**

ultravikingfan
09-25-2005, 10:23 PM
Feel free to put your post game thoughts, observations, and rants here!

Although I am very happy we won, were we that good or were the Saints just that bad? The did look terrible and had a ton of penalties!

Yes! Onward we push!!

DemonicViking
09-25-2005, 10:26 PM
The W is what matters. By the way, we are on the verge of scoring again..!

PAvikesfan
09-25-2005, 10:26 PM
Memo show'd he deserves the feature back. too many injuries. we are hurting at DB. great game by the vikes except the third quarter... kicking game is a beast. and Krob had a great game. thank god we got Taylor!

fourdoorchevelle
09-25-2005, 10:28 PM
how bout the turn over ratio?!!!!

midgensa
09-25-2005, 10:35 PM
The injuries suck, but being able to smile late into a Sunday is great for a change ... nice to see C-Pep with his usual swagger

SKOL
09-25-2005, 10:45 PM
Our pass protection is terrible. It was slightly better once M. Johnson was replaced by Goldberg. The OL is our biggest weekness though.

Turboe
09-25-2005, 10:45 PM
Hopefully DSharp will be back next week, and some of the other injuries arent too bad from this week.

coryface2000
09-25-2005, 10:47 PM
Great win today guys, but i hate to bring down the mood by asking this question.....why is it when we get a nice lead we go conservative and get soft? I hate that, I know we were up by 24, but it was only half time with a whole other half of football to be played, and what happens?......run, run, sack......run, run, sack. We were lighting it up offensively so why not keep pouring it on. I know i was't the only one who got a little nervous when the saints scored 16 unanswered points and were only down by a touchdown and 2 point conv. Again, great win, but i really wish the vikes would stop doing that.

6-KINGS
09-25-2005, 10:47 PM
YABBA DABBA DOO!

Give me more Moore more!!!
That dude is a Little Piston!

Chugga Chugga, WOO WOO!!!
Man can he hit the hole, stop, start,outside, inside.
He is a gem of a runner.

And Pepper was back too!
Great to see them put a complete game all around in.

Let's hope they feed off this.

PurplePeopleEaters
09-25-2005, 10:50 PM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

YABBA DABBA DOO!

Give me more Moore more!!!
That dude is a Little Piston!

Chugga Chugga, WOO WOO!!!
Man can he hit the hole, stop, start,outside, inside.
He is a gem of a runner.

And Pepper was back too!
Great to see them put a complete game all around in.

Let's hope they feed off this.

You sound like BBQ. :shock: :lol:

6-KINGS
09-25-2005, 10:51 PM
Hell that is Viking football.
Always been that way it seems.

We kept moving the ball somewhat.
Still got all the field goals in the 2nd half, and they count too.

Key is they found a way to win, not a way to lose.

6-KINGS

Articnv
09-25-2005, 10:51 PM
wee for the Win, what matters is the scoring and the 50 cent shotd that folllowed skol viking to win the next 9

Articnv
09-25-2005, 10:53 PM
I hate how we play conservativly but the vikings d provide they could stop the o thats all thsat coubnts

Blitzkrieg
09-25-2005, 10:53 PM
Clock control, my friend. 'Nothing wrong with our defense getting some rest for once.

RK.
09-25-2005, 10:55 PM
It was a great win. However it was against the Saints. Next week will be a real test as to whether we are back or not.

Pep got sacked too many times. O line is still questionable.
The D looked great over all. We are still a little weak at LB
We have the best punter since Ray Guy IMO :smile:

Over all we won a game that we should win with not too much problem.

In general I feel good about winning but still have some questions about how good we really are. If we win next week, on the road, I will feel a whole lot better. :thumbright:

ItalianStallion
09-25-2005, 10:56 PM
"Blitzkrieg" wrote:

Clock control, my friend. 'Nothing wrong with our defense getting some rest for once.

3 and out isn't very good clock control though. I the Saints did a little better job adjusting in the 2nd half.

coryface2000
I see what your saying Blitz and agree 100% if we can get a first down or 2. But those three and outs were just putting our D right back on the field again. Pep was throwing the ball beautifully, some play action on first down would have been nice.

PhxFan
Happy for the win http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-003.gif

sdvikefan
09-25-2005, 10:59 PM
One thing I noticed was how much better in pass coverage Dontarious THomas was than Napo Harris. It was also good to see we were able to get pressure on Brooks with both the front 4 and also by blitzing with Brian Williams and others.

kramer9guy
09-25-2005, 11:01 PM
Way too many sacks...

Don't like the injuries...

But, a win is a win and I'm feeling good! :grin:

RK.
09-25-2005, 11:02 PM
Well if we didn't let down we wouldn't give other teams a chance at the Cardinal surprise at the end of the game. :roll: The 3rd quarter sucked for us today.

VikingsM4
09-25-2005, 11:04 PM
Alot of you may not agree with this but, I think its helped having Burleson sidelined...It seemed like Pep locked into him too much when we lost...Plus I think Burleson is much more dangerous in the slot rather then the number 1 spot...Dont get me wrong Burly should def be on the field when hes healthy I think just in a different spot....Other then all that I think we played a hell of a game and hope to continue it against the Nasty Falcons that made me cry in 98.

southern_yankee
09-25-2005, 11:05 PM
It was a good game. Smoot seemed to back up his mouth!

I don't think the Saints are the greatest team, but I think we should give a little credit to the teams that beat us...they are both 3-0.

Yeah, the Vikes drive me a little batty when they just rest on their laurels after getting a big lead. Oh, well, the defense/special teams totally stepped up when we needed them to (save for two drives...which is definitely not bad).

Blitzkrieg
09-25-2005, 11:05 PM
A win is a win! No matter our faults, we did a complete 180 from the first 2 weeks. Yeah, there's still plenty to fix, but we certainly did alot of things right too. Like I said last week, once you hit rock bottom, there's no where else to go but up! Koren, so long as he doesn't make a habit of dropping the rock, looks like he'll be a damn good kick returner. Troy looked great, he should probably start from here on out. And those are just a couple things, we did alot of things right today. Watch out Atlanta, Daunte's got his swagger back!

sdvikefan
09-25-2005, 11:07 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Although I am very happy we won, were we that good or were the Saints just that bad? The did look terrible and had a ton of penalties!

Yeah, there's also the fact that this was the third straight road game for the Saints in reality. It has been taking a toll on them and you could tell today with some sloppy play and general frustration about the way things were going. Although I'm very glad we won, I'm not celebrating too much. We still face a very tough Atlanta Falcons team on the road next week, and more tough games down the stretch.

V4L
09-25-2005, 11:09 PM
I don't care how we got the win.. We just needed a win.. Take this momentum into next week.. We're gonna need it!

ranasrule
09-25-2005, 11:15 PM
thank GOD for the WIN......but out OL still sucks

Ltrey33
09-25-2005, 11:16 PM
Hey, not sure if you saw this or not, but the Vikings won today.

:grin:

YYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

V4L
09-25-2005, 11:19 PM
My favorite stat from the game- Saints 4 turnovers... Vikes 0 turnovers..

Also Memo with 100 yards.. Solid game.. I still back Bennett a little.. I think with a chance to start somewhere he would be good.. Hats off to Memo though I back him as much as I do Bennett..

Nice to see Pep get on track as well.. O-line didn't give him alot of time but he made it work..

PurplePackerEater
09-25-2005, 11:21 PM
"ranasrule" wrote:

thank GOD for the WIN......but out OL still sucks

:roll:

kjdaddy
09-25-2005, 11:22 PM
Moore Mewelde please :lol:
See what happens? Ran hard, got a cool bill, we won. He should remain the starter, no question.
Go Vikes Baby!!!

PurplePackerEater
09-25-2005, 11:28 PM
What did Bennet get, one carry? He had his helmet on the entire game. I'm really disappointed with Bennet, I wanted him to have a break out season.

Moore is clearly our starter.

2pacthadon
09-25-2005, 11:35 PM
5 sacks with saints D. imagine how many more sacks the falcons will get. daunte better be careful. anyways great win too bad i couldn't see the game stuck wit GB and tampa. p.s i gotta get nfl on demand

tampaviking
09-25-2005, 11:48 PM
pepper looked great and they ran the ball more than passed, and the plays looked to be more efficient, glad he didn't have to force any passes. i'll take a sack and a kluhe bomb anyday

DemonicViking
09-25-2005, 11:58 PM
Indeed. 7 sacks did not prevent us from winning, we still kicked butt, and Culpepper did his part today.

Deadly_Diabetic
09-26-2005, 12:01 AM
This was the first regular season game I've seen, so here are my observations:

1.) We got comfortable in the second half with our lead and almost let them get back in the game. (This is a coaching issue in my book)

2.) Travis Taylor showed why he was a 1st round pick a couple years ago.

3.) Troy Williamson showed why he was a 1st round pick this year.

4.) Where is Erasmus James? I saw him in the game but I kind of expected more output from him.

5.) If we lose Brian Williams and Darren Sharper still isn't available we are going to be in serious trouble with our DBs. Luckily Vick isn't the most accurate of passers

6.) Our O-line still looked porous and Coleman got benched again. If we don't get this fixed quickly C-Pep might get hurt in ATL. That knee isn't allowing him to run away from the blitz as easy.

7.) If it wasn't for the turnovers and penalties on the saints part, this game could've been VERY different.

8.) We should sign that punter to a long term contract QUICK!

Overall, I think this is a nice win to build on but FAR from the level we need to be playing at if we want to make a serious run at playing in February.

-DD

PurplePeopleEaters
09-26-2005, 12:32 AM
"Deadly_Diabetic" wrote:

1.) We got comfortable in the second half with our lead and almost let them get back in the game. (This is a coaching issue in my book)

2.) Travis Taylor showed why he was a 1st round pick a couple years ago.

3.) Troy Williamson showed why he was a 1st round pick this year.

4.) Where is Erasmus James? I saw him in the game but I kind of expected more output from him.

5.) If we lose Brian Williams and Darren Sharper still isn't available we are going to be in serious trouble with our DBs. Luckily Vick isn't the most accurate of passers

6.) Our O-line still looked porous and Coleman got benched again. If we don't get this fixed quickly C-Pep might get hurt in ATL. That knee isn't allowing him to run away from the blitz as easy.

7.) If it wasn't for the turnovers and penalties on the saints part, this game could've been VERY different.

8.) We should sign that punter to a long term contract QUICK!

Overall, I think this is a nice win to build on but FAR from the level we need to be playing at if we want to make a serious run at playing in February.

-DD

Great observations. I agree with everything you said. I think that if Sharper and Williams are back for next week, the Falcons game will be very good and hard faught for each side.

After this weeks performance... imagine what it would have been like with Williams, Sharper, and Burleson for the whole game! We need to keep rolling with this momentum that we have gathered from this game...

collegeguyjeff
09-26-2005, 12:36 AM
im very impressed with our punter and kicker, thats something we havn't had since 98 and now it's even better than 98. klue is a beast of a punter that guy is by far the best overall new guy on the team. i say this because the old punter sucked so bad ha ha. oh and moore did great, he broke lots of tackles and fought for his yards and didn't fumble 2 times either.

Prophet
09-26-2005, 12:55 AM
The win feels great. I'm so glad MeMo, or a RB, got 20 carries. The game was ugly at times, but you gotta like the fastest score in Vikings history--13 seconds.

southern_yankee
09-26-2005, 01:18 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

The win feels great. I'm so glad MeMo, or a RB, got 20 carries. The game was ugly at times, but you gotta like the fastest score in Vikings history--13 seconds.

You thought it was ugly? What exactly? I wasn't keen on the offensive stalling or those two scoring drives, but I thought that they were just a normal part of the game. I'm not trying to be aggressive, I just want to know what you saw that maybe I missed...this is the first game I saw this year...

ChiTownVike
09-26-2005, 01:23 AM
I am just really happy that they finally decided to throw deep to Troy Williamson.... they drafted him to replace Moss as a deep threat and it took em three weeks to finally do it!!

Anyways... The Saints are dumb..... and I agree with that one guy where is Esramus James????

ChiTownVike
09-26-2005, 01:26 AM
Ya, our punter is a complete stud...... We should sign him to like a 10 year deal... he is amazing.... I was at the Bears game 2day (I have really nice season tickets and they have the Vikings on a Flat Screen and Loung Chairs) and I was thinking about why the Bears let Edinger go... Doug Brien missed a 32 yarder and barly made is only extra point try.

Mikecarter81
09-26-2005, 01:37 AM
^ Amen to the above statement it looked great being able to throw deep against NO. That pass was a beautiful pass to Williamson, placed perfvectly. Also people forget the NO saints have some studs on that team, they can be very dangerous when they play good

Mike

Vikes316
09-26-2005, 02:13 AM
God im so glad that our offense got it together finally. the recivers stepped up to the challenge and had huge games. We did it all without moss and burleson. i cant wait till burleson comes bak so we can even have a better passing attack. Im just so happy witht the explosivness of our offense now. I cant wait to see what the stupid ass nfl network achors have to say about us now hehehehe

LosAngelis
09-26-2005, 02:16 AM
You guys are starting to sound a little bipolar from week to week, you know that?

mnvikes61
09-26-2005, 02:17 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

You guys are starting to sound a little bipolar from week to week, you know that?
:laughing3: i think most sport fans are a little bipolar :lol:

Burley81
09-26-2005, 02:28 AM
Atleast Daunte has it back on track now. Plus, we have a running game!

Burleson will blow it up when hes back...

Lotza
09-26-2005, 02:29 AM
lets get us a win in atlanta!

mnvikes61
09-26-2005, 02:47 AM
should be one heck of a game, and it'll definately show us where we rank in the NFC cuz atlanta is one of the top teams in the NFC this year. hope to come away with a victory of course! :grin:

singersp
09-26-2005, 03:22 AM
Just got back from the game about an hour ago. The fans were "electric" & LOUD! If they didn't show it on TV, Zygi donated a personal check for $100,000 to the Katrina relief fund before the game. The opening kick-off & score set the tone for the whole game.
For those of you who doubted Dante's accuracy as a passer, what say you now? He looked sharp out there today.
For those of you who doubted we could have a running game, what say you now?
It wasn't a great game by any means, especially in the second half, but we executed our plays really well when the O-line delivered. I had no expectations to go from "rags" to "riches" in one week & am looking forward to keep improving week to week.
There was as much booing this week as last I think, but it was everytime Berger came on to kick & a few directed at the refs.
Smooooooot had a hell of a game.
And Kluwe speaks for himself. I swear to God that they took that 5 yd delay of game penalty just to give the kid more field distance to punt! They didn't announce the distance of his punts, so if anyone knows how long they were let us know.
Also give some credit to Mike Tice. He was given a lot of the blame for the losses now give him some of the credit for the win! Challenged a play & won also.

I am very happy with the win! We needed it, but the team needed it more.

Simply put -- Vikes win, Packers loose. We are tied for 2nd place & Green Bay are the Packrats of the cellar.

---PRICELESS!---

Newman
09-26-2005, 03:22 AM
i have been passed out drunk for three hours. does not matter though because just like i predicted, the vikes lit it up today. dante is back. there is nothing to be afraid of. go vikes baby.

i_bleed_purple
09-26-2005, 04:09 AM
we're only in 2nd place cuz the lions had a bye week this week if they had played and lost we'd be in teh lead

Turboe
09-26-2005, 04:19 AM
"Deadly_Diabetic" wrote:

-DD

Actually I have been impressed with Erasmus in his limited time in there. He had some good QB pressure, getting a hand on the QB quickly one time that would have been a sack if not for some nifty footwork by Brooks stepping up.

Also he has been around the ball on special teams a couple times that I have seen him in there. I believe by mid to late season he will be a noticeable force for this Defense.

That is why starting next week for all home games I will be sporting my James authentic jersey. (Culpeper for road games.)

GreenBaySlackers
09-26-2005, 04:30 AM
how much of this new team spirit should be attributed to the players only meeting held earlier this week?

TARKenton
09-26-2005, 08:04 AM
"Williamson8211" wrote:

Ya, our punter is a complete stud...... We should sign him to like a 10 year deal... he is amazing.... I was at the Bears game 2day (I have really nice season tickets and they have the Vikings on a Flat Screen and Loung Chairs) and I was thinking about why the Bears let Edinger go... Doug Brien missed a 32 yarder and barly made is only extra point try.

You have bear season tickets and call yourself a vikes fan? im sounding the alarm! I live in Indianapolis and attend some colts games, but sure as hell would never buy season ticktets, and they arent even in the same conference! What gives man?

You know i had to give you crap!

UTVikfan
09-26-2005, 08:32 AM
I loved that we rushed for 100 yards. I don't care who does it anymore. Bennett given that many carries woulda racked up that many yards, but obviously Moore has earned the spot, and he did great!

O line sucks but is improving. We have really been spoiled for a number of years on the line. Pep had to adjust to the difference, and thank goodness he did. They will get better every week.

If you haven't read it, yet, check out the quotes on Vikings.com. The ones at the bottom from Joe Horn. Wow what a complement to our defense. It wasn't in the for front of my mind that our DB's held Horn to one pass reception, and Stallworth to ZERO! Horn is freakin' good. He calls Winfield and Smoot the greatest DB's on earth, or something similar to that. And Brooks says we schemed well. Looking back, I am thinking that is so. I just wish they could tackle when they blitz. We woulda had 20 sacks!

In the NFL, every team, unless they have quit on the coach, the season, etc....is gonna make a run at you. The Vikes squelched it. NO played, well, like NO. All kinds of scary talent, all over the field. Shooting themselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers. They played normal to me, which is amazing. They have been through a lot.

I am glad Dante came back. He had good reads, and did what I had taken for granted until the last two games.

Go Vikes, time for the Dirty Birds to go down.

V-Unit
09-26-2005, 08:46 AM
Overall we played the way I expected us to play in week one. We played well but there is defiently room for improvement. Obviously the O-Line, but hey they blocked for a 100 yard rusher and a 300 yard passer today. Sacks were the only low point of the day.

Mark_The_Viking
09-26-2005, 09:49 AM
Could onlyb watch the game on the internet as the UK don't show too many Vikes games. It was fantastic to see us moving the ball, converting 3rd downs getting interceptions and scoring touchdowns.

I love the Vikings always have and always will. gonna get me too a game one day and hopefully meet some of you guys on the PPO

Del Rio
09-26-2005, 02:04 PM
Vikings played the run, and I think that made all the difference. 20+ carries finally it was good to see.

The Saints have a very good defensive front. As far as the line goes I would hold them pretty close to the Falcons.

My biggest fear in the Falcon game is Dunn, the guy is amazing. Tiny hard to catch with a cutback from hell, if they get that running game going it's over.

VKG4LFE
09-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Great win that we really needed. Daunte was back to his old self throwing and RUNNING!!! The thing that concerns me is SEVEN sacks!! I don't like that. I haven't seen the game yet, so I'll have to wait and see if they were coverage sacks, bad blocking or what! But no turnovers for us and we forced 4 on them! That's what I'm talking about!

Mark_The_Viking
09-26-2005, 04:07 PM
I was checking around the league as the games were being played and I don't think any one else threw to as many receivers as Pep did. He may be gone but woth the weapons on our side it aint so bad.

Question:

Why is spiking the ball not intentional grounding?

PAvikesfan
09-26-2005, 04:08 PM
i don't think Bennett could have gotten that many yards on that many carries... it would have taken about 5 to 10 carries for bennett as Memo gets over 4yards/carry in most games he starts in....

VKG4LFE
09-26-2005, 04:09 PM
Good question?

NeumDog
09-26-2005, 04:36 PM
It was nice to finally see a win. I was very happy, but I would say I am cautiously optomistic about the rest of the season.

Having a 100 yard rusher was great. We didn't have to play from behind, so we could stick with the run for a change. 7 sacks is way too many to give up, but I guess the way I look at it is, better to eat it than throw a stupid INT by forcing the ball.

Looking forward to next week. Win on the road in Atlanta, and go into the bye with a winning streak. That would be huge. Fix that pass protection!

Mark_The_Viking
09-26-2005, 04:45 PM
A lot of people have been saying that you need the running game to make their seconday and D line have to decide where the next play is coming from. It also sets up the play action. I think Moore was a huge part of the win yesterday not just the yards but the consistency.

Took pressure off Pep and allowed him to play his game and not be forced to throw balls to make up for mistakes.

Will Moore start against the Falscons? I hope so.

I don't want to start a new thread but I would really like to know the answer to my question.

Muggsy
09-26-2005, 05:15 PM
This quote from the Saints made me smile:

"Everyone was giving those guys a hard time about the way they played for two weeks, but it's the same team without one guy," Saints safety Jay Bellamy. "They can strike quick and Daunte is still Daunte."

I wonder if the sportswriters and ex-jock experts who predicted the Vikings are worse off without Randy Moss would like some bacon to go with the egg on their faces now.

Also, now that they seem to have pulled out of their nosedive, even if only temporarily, I can breathe a sigh of relief, and turn off my negative waves about the season. The first two games must have been simply teething problems of new personnel getting used to the system, jitters, bad luck, and perhaps playing two vastly improved teams, the Bucs and Bengals, who are both now 3-0. Kudos to the faithful who never faltered in their belief in our team. I am happier than anyone to be wrong in my prediction of a loss to the Saints, and will stand up with the true believers for the duration.

Skol, Vikings!

COJOMAY
09-26-2005, 05:45 PM
Why is spiking the ball not intentional grounding?

1. Intentional grounding of a forward pass is a foul: loss of down and 10 yards from previous spot if passer is in the field of play or loss of down at the spot of the foul if it occurs more than 10 yards behind the line or safety if passer is in his own end zone when ball is released.

2. Intentional grounding will be called when a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage due to pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion.

3. Intentional grounding will not be called when a passer, while out of the pocket and facing an imminent loss of yardage, throws a pass that lands at or beyond the line of scrimmage, even if no offensive player(s) have a realistic chance to catch the ball (including if the ball lands out of bounds over the sideline or end line).

So if you look at Rule 2 the passer is not facing an imminet loss of yardage due to pressure from the defense. And the ball is thrown in the vicinity of a eligible receiver. ie: Tight ends feet.

Also, there is a special rule permitting spiking the ball immediately after the quarterback gets it

tastywaves
09-26-2005, 05:58 PM
"UTVikfan" wrote:

I loved that we rushed for 100 yards. I don't care who does it anymore. Bennett given that many carries woulda racked up that many yards, but obviously Moore has earned the spot, and he did great!

O line sucks but is improving. We have really been spoiled for a number of years on the line. Pep had to adjust to the difference, and thank goodness he did. They will get better every week.

If you haven't read it, yet, check out the quotes on Vikings.com. The ones at the bottom from Joe Horn. Wow what a complement to our defense. It wasn't in the for front of my mind that our DB's held Horn to one pass reception, and Stallworth to ZERO! Horn is freakin' good. He calls Winfield and Smoot the greatest DB's on earth, or something similar to that. And Brooks says we schemed well. Looking back, I am thinking that is so. I just wish they could tackle when they blitz. We woulda had 20 sacks!

In the NFL, every team, unless they have quit on the coach, the season, etc....is gonna make a run at you. The Vikes squelched it. NO played, well, like NO. All kinds of scary talent, all over the field. Shooting themselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers. They played normal to me, which is amazing. They have been through a lot.

I am glad Dante came back. He had good reads, and did what I had taken for granted until the last two games.

Go Vikes, time for the Dirty Birds to go down.

Good post. Lets hope next week against Atlanta we get the same production from the running game. Daunte had good pressure again this game, but he played much smarter. Ran a bunch more, read the defense better and didn't try to press as much. It helped getting the fumble on the opening kickoff and throwing a strike to Travis. Vikes do so much better when they start off strong. Next week containing Vick and Dunn will be a challenge, but the momentum of this week should bring some much needed confidence to the team.

Williamson's touchdown grab was sweet, and Koren showed nice explosiveness on his returns. I'd like to see more of Troy and Koren, even if they haven't matured with the offense yet, they are gifted athletes that put a new dimension in for the defenses.

Turboe
09-26-2005, 06:22 PM
No one (including the announcers during the game) have said anything about a nice block that Williamson threw to help spring Daunte on his 17 yard run that lead to a FG. Deuce had just scored the TD that got NO within 8pts 24-16 and Daunte took off on a run to the left side. Williamson came into the picture and laid a block on someone that allowed Daunte to get about 8 more yards. Good stuff by the Rook that went unnoticed.

Also I still think MeMo looked a little anemic in the blitz pickups. I loved the running but hope he can step it up in that area.

Mr. Purple
09-26-2005, 06:33 PM
I was wondering if anyone could get the Williamson TD clip?

Mark_The_Viking
09-26-2005, 06:35 PM
Thanks COJOMAY appreciate your time.

TMAC604
09-26-2005, 06:54 PM
Wow - You see what happens when Dante runs. He moves the chains
and opens up the passing game.

I am happy with the win but NOT happy about the second half offense.

whiteboy
09-26-2005, 06:58 PM
yeah, we almost blew it in the 3rd quarter. i was very happy to see the offense step up again and at least get some fields goals. our defense looked great yesterday. i have a good feeling about the atl game.

DesertPurple
09-26-2005, 07:06 PM
Sunday was great mostly because it was a W and generated some confidence...never mind that it was against the tired, poor wayfaring Saints. The cold hard light of Monday morning though, reveals it to be the equivalent of a decent "first game of the season": lots of penalties, a couple of missed scoring opportunities, lots of injuries, lots of questions, and a few bright spots. How they play next week in Atlanta before the bye will tell ME a lot about the true makeup of the '05 Vikings!

Mr. Purple
09-26-2005, 07:13 PM
I am very happy with the whole game period. Cuz in the second half, we stuck with the running game. You may not be used to it, but when you run the ball alot you might not 23434 first downs. But tice and co stuck with the running game and kept eating time of the clock. We played a great game!

slowlow
09-26-2005, 07:49 PM
MOORE!!! I LOVE MEWELDE!!! hes so freakin' good! better than bennet!

spdolphs
09-26-2005, 07:51 PM
Bennet? Who is Bennet? We have a running back named Bennet? I haven't seen him. Are you serious Clark?

UkViking
09-26-2005, 09:51 PM
Great win Vikes this gets our season underway and hopefully we can build on this and take the confidence and belief into the next game.Especially pleased for Memo and TT,keep the faith.

Mr. Purple
09-26-2005, 09:54 PM
I seem to recall someone with the name of like MNvikes84 saying culpepper sucks and we should get rid of him...

gee where ya at buddy? :lol:

Lets get ready to head down to hot lanta!

vikings6490
09-26-2005, 11:23 PM
A great win for us yesterday. I have a few thoughts on the game

I thought Daunte threw the ball great, I also liked that he ran more than he has in previous weeks

Tice called a great game

Mewelde Moore is by far the best Running Back on the team. He should start the rest of the season.

The recieving core also looked great. A few great plays for T-will.

Although Edinger missed that FG, (i think it was 38 yds) I am very pleased with his performance so far

And Finally Chris Kluwe is awsome.

fourdoorchevelle
09-27-2005, 03:06 AM
i'm not sure if i've posted this before in this thread *to lazy* , but here goes.

i loved the pressure ! watching the conerbacks come up and lay a hit on the wr's , perfect! and watching the lb's and safties get into the offencive backfield , great !

6-KINGS
09-27-2005, 03:18 AM
"vikings6490" wrote:

A great win for us yesterday. I have a few thoughts on the game

I thought Daunte threw the ball great, I also liked that he ran more than he has in previous weeks

Tice called a great game

Mewelde Moore is by far the best Running Back on the team. He should start the rest of the season.

The recieving core also looked great. A few great plays for T-will.

Although Edinger missed that FG, (i think it was 38 yds) I am very pleased with his performance so far

And Finally Chris Kluwe is awsome.

Great summary!

I agree

Good post!

BBQ Platypus
09-27-2005, 03:40 AM
The offense getting back on track wasn't too surprising (although 33 points is always a good outing). What impressed me the most was that Ted finally got the idea. You need to blitz. Blitzing allows the defense to control its own plays rather than reacting to the offense. The offense will need to keep more guys in the backfield to protect the quarterback. The defense can take advantage of this in 2 ways: 1. Use the coverage men remaining to totally blanket the few receivers they are actually sending out. 2. Trust your DB's to cover their receivers and send even more men.

I was wondering if he would EVER figure it out.

mnvikes61
09-27-2005, 06:18 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

I seem to recall someone with the name of like MNvikes84 saying culpepper sucks and we should get rid of him...

gee where ya at buddy? :lol:

Lets get ready to head down to hot lanta!
i thought you were talking about me at first WoT, i think i know who you're talking about i believe is s/n is Mvikes84. just trying to clear it up because to my knowledge i've haven't said we should get rid of culpepper.

Burley81
09-27-2005, 05:46 PM
Time for Vick to meet the Williams' boys, dontcha think?

mfenlon
09-27-2005, 06:09 PM
Loved the game but I would have loved it even
more if Pepp would have thrown for
3 more TD's in the second half...
I know we needed to get some type of
running game going but 5 TD's and 400
yards would have looked SWEET!!!