PDA

View Full Version : WHY ARE YOU STILL A VINKINGS FAN, WHEN THEY STILL CANT WIN

purplegang
09-24-2005, 01:24 AM
WHY ARE YOU STILL A VINKINGS FAN, WHEN THEY STILL CANT WIN,
THIS is a question i get all of the time from my friends, or so called friends.I have been a fan of the vikings for thrity years. To answer my question, you have to love something strong enough that when it keeps craping on ya say thats ok and keep loving it. Just wondering what keeps you guys believing. I truly have purple blood running through my veins.

aceclown
09-24-2005, 01:35 AM
Unconditional support through the good and BAD is what separates true fans from wannabe bandwagon fonies. And if your team ever does win it all (hopefully one day), you can say you were there through all the bad times, which makes winning it all so much sweeter. This is why we are Vikings fans.

PurplePeopleEaters
09-24-2005, 01:38 AM
I love the vikings. That's what keeps me loving them. It is quite simple.

TheViking
09-24-2005, 01:40 AM
Because.......see quote.

runtheball
09-24-2005, 01:50 AM
Being a true fan of any team any sport is not something you can turn on or off like a switch ... It becomes a part of you .. I could not switch teams even if I wanted to. And hey i'm a Chicago Cub fan too , you just never give up.

StillPurple
09-24-2005, 01:56 AM
I live in Dallas, Texas, and I think this quote might illuminate the difference. It is a quote about Dallas Cowboys fans:

"Dallas fans love you, win or tie". - Roger Staubach

Kind of says it all, no ? :wink: To be more than a "fair weather fan", you have to live through it all. Imagine how sweet it will be when we win the Show !!

singersp
09-24-2005, 01:59 AM
Because it runs deep in my veins. Purple Pride Blood. Nothing or no one can take being a Vikings fan away from me, no matter what they say or do. I was born & raised in Minnesota & those are the teams I support.

Mr. Purple
09-24-2005, 02:19 AM
You gotta stick with your team through the good and the bad...you think we have it bad? look at cubs fans:)

vikesfan353
09-24-2005, 02:39 AM
If they don't understand why I am a DIE HARD they never will!!!So I have the same answer to that question ever time!
short, simple sweet
"BECAUSE"

bigjsvikesfan
09-24-2005, 02:40 AM
I think it's amazing how many people were raised in mn and still are die hard vikes fans. I am one on those people born in mankato living in kentucky and no matter what anyone says and there are alot in ky, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE THE VIKES!!!! Most fans in ky like the pitt,dallas,miami,san fran and what does that say they pick the teams that win in those eras. They don't pick teams that are close like cinn,ind,atl, and that simply states most people are bandwagoners and thats why I like vikings, people love them even because the dont always win. They are like the underdogs

ultravikingfan
09-24-2005, 03:36 AM
2 games is not what I would label "still can't win". :roll:

The Vinkings will win games, and more games, and more...

Just tell you friends they don't know squat about football.

PurplePackerEater
09-24-2005, 03:38 AM
Because, it's the little things that are important!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/jamieanderson/sign011.jpg

so-cal vike
09-24-2005, 04:21 AM
1: Win or lose, the Vikings are an exciting team to watch.

2: Every year, the Vikings are expected to make a run.

3: They can kick the crap out of the Packers.

I've often been asked if L.A. ever gets a NFL franchise, will I support that team? My answer is always no. I would watch the team, I could even like the team, but I will always be Vikings fan and couldn't even think of supporting any other.

VikingsFan1989
09-24-2005, 04:23 AM
Win of lose its important that you stick with your team. I've been a Viking fan for 10 years through the good and bad. There's nothing worse than a fair weather fan.

Vikes
09-24-2005, 04:28 AM
Because I'm a true Vikings Fan not a wannabe.

:lol:

mnjamie
09-24-2005, 04:47 AM
My mom gave me pictures of my dad, uncles, and me watching the Vikes in 1977 at my grandma's place .... we went there every sunday for lunch. I was 4 yrs old and had 12 uncles there and over 25 cousins. Just a crazy place to be, but was told since then I was always glued to the T.V. for the Vikes games every Sunday. I can honestly say I have missed watching 3 Vikes games since 1977. In 1984 when my grandma died and attended her funeral, 1992 when my father passed away, and the last second AZ game as I was flying back to FL from MN from x-mas. It's like going to church every sunday for myself and my fiance' (lucky me i found her, scary to say but she's a bigger fan than I) .... it's just what you do and love. Screaming at the TV, scarring the crap out of the dog, letting all my neighbors here in Tampa know who I support to the end, no matter what.

DarrinNelsonguy
09-24-2005, 05:12 AM
Cause I bleed Purple!

spdolphs
09-24-2005, 07:20 AM
Well, quite honestly, don't you think if you were a fan of the Patriots that it would be rather boring? I mean winning all those Superbowls....no room for improvement. The only thing to look forward to is disappointment.

Vikes fans, on the other hand.....no where to go but up!

Hey, just trying to find the light at the end of the tunnel!

What's that? Another tunnel? :violent1:

http://www.funny-beer.com/grafiken/aniklein.gif

Ltrey33
09-24-2005, 07:29 AM
Because that's what being fan is about. The good times and the bad, if you are any less dedicated than that, you're a front runner.

WBLVikeBabe
09-24-2005, 07:35 AM
Well if you read my blog you can see how big of a fan I really am so I don't think I need to go into that. But I just wanted to say that I am a Vikings fan no matter what because I am loyal. For me being loyal means sticking with something through the good and the bad, it means standing up for what you believe in, it means never giving up no matter what happens. According to the dictionary (yes I looked it up) the word loyal means to be steadfast in allegiance, or to be faithful to a person, ideal, custom, cause, or duty,and another definition said to be unwavering in devotion. When it comes to the Vikings I love them win or lose, I believe in them no matter how bad they do, I am unwavering in my devotion to them, and I am faithful, my allegiance lies with the Vikings and always will. Nothing in the world could make me give up my love for this team. I am a Vikings fan and will die a Vikings fan!!!
SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!

Foranzan
09-24-2005, 08:09 AM
The Vikings could go 0-16 every year...I'd still be a fan.

Athf
09-24-2005, 08:23 AM
My great grandfather died while watching a Vikings game. From a heart attack. From getting so upset. I think that explains it all.

Articnv
09-24-2005, 10:02 AM
if soem has to ask that and dont iunderstand i just respond becauseit sure beats being a bandwagon fan and i cnat b!tch and complain and still cheer

Caine
09-24-2005, 10:35 AM
What in Hades are the "VINKINGS"? Is that a used car dealership or something? Do used car dealerships have fans? Do they have an ongoing competition with other used car dealerships?

This is all news to me...

Caine

audioghost
09-24-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm still a Vikings fan because I am not a light hearted pu$$y like every other bandwagon jumper in this world....no loyalty....no real "men" anymore!

TehRevolutionist
09-24-2005, 03:39 PM
Because it's a part of me...I couldn't switch teams even if I wanted to. The pain of having my heart ripped out year after year will only make winning the Super Bowl that much better.

NeedToMove2Minnesota
09-24-2005, 05:04 PM
Because no matter what the hell they say, we still kick a$$

Prophet
09-24-2005, 05:57 PM
I lived the first 20 yrs of my life in MN and the last 20+ years in other places. I've actually tried to not be a fan, but it didn't work. It is an addiction, a disease, and I've stopped searching for a cure and have just accepted it. When they finally win the SB I don't know what I'll do, I do know that I will follow them until the day I die.

mnviking80
09-24-2005, 06:14 PM
The closest thing I can relate it to is a really good friend of yours. Sure, there may be times where it's tough, but you stick together with them through thick and thin (Even if that means an 0-2 start).

PurpleTide
09-24-2005, 07:00 PM
I have Viking Blood, and like my father before me will always be true to the Minnesota Vikings.From my childhood hero Joe Kapp, and all the awsome moments through this storied franchise, I was there for the bad and will be there for the great. I grew up in MN and will always support my home based teams. One day we will be Champions of the World, and on that day, tears will stream freely from my eyes as I revel in the moment that has been so close so many times. I haven't shed a tear since the Hail-Mary Dallas game, but I know our time is coming soon. I am a Fan and will always be a fan win or lose. Skol Faithful Viking Fans Everywhere, our time is Now

PhxFan
09-24-2005, 07:33 PM
Born in Minnesota, that may have the most to do with it. Every year keep having faith. Been a fan since the late 60's http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/happy/viking.gif

Paulbedy59
09-24-2005, 07:39 PM
loved them after all 4 super bowl losses,loved them after the 72 season when they where 7-7.Loved them with Cuazzo at QB in 71,loved them after the les Steckle joke.Loved them after the Hershal Walker trade blew up in thier faces.Loved them after the Dallas Hail Mary.Loved them after they traded Alan Page.loved them after the 42-0 shellacking by the giants.So what the hell is an 0-2 start? GO-VIKES.

purplegang
09-24-2005, 07:50 PM
Glad to see you guys feel like i do , keep the faith, stop the negative vibes, and we will get it done this year

V4L
09-24-2005, 08:49 PM
I'm still a fan because I love the Vikes.. Born and raised in Minny.. Couldn't root for another team!

BerkleeVikesFan80
09-24-2005, 09:10 PM
"spdolphs" wrote:

Well, quite honestly, don't you think if you were a fan of the Patriots that it would be rather boring? I mean winning all those Superbowls....no room for improvement. The only thing to look forward to is disappointment.

Vikes fans, on the other hand.....no where to go but up!

Well in Maine around the mid 90's most people liked either the cowboys, the 49ers, the packers or whoever else was winning but they "also like the patriots" today not one of those people like any of those other teams they all just love the patriots. I've been a Vikings fan ever since i can remember so when people ask me why i love the vikings i just say i was born that way.

DemonicViking
09-24-2005, 09:21 PM
Because I have purple pride.. that refuses to die.

6-KINGS
09-24-2005, 10:28 PM
Why am I still a Viking Fan?
That is like asking why does the sun rise in the East and set in the West?
Or is the Pope Cathoilc?

Because that is the way GOD intended it to be.
And he intended for me to a Viking Fan!
Plain and simple.

6-KINGS

sureban
09-24-2005, 10:57 PM
"purplegang" wrote:

WHY ARE YOU STILL A VINKINGS FAN, WHEN THEY STILL CANT WIN,
THIS is a question i get all of the time from my friends, or so called friends.I have been a fan of the vikings for thrity years. To answer my question, you have to love something strong enough that when it keeps craping on ya say thats ok and keep loving it. Just wondering what keeps you guys believing. I truly have purple blood running through my veins.

Fan is the short form of Fanatic, not a definition of a bandwagon jumper.
I am a Vikings Fanatic. I will be one through the highs and the lows until I die.

This is a question ("Why are you still ... can't win.") of a non-fan(atic).

Sincerely,
Mark.

shawn
09-24-2005, 11:43 PM
If you are "true blue" you cant change it. Good, bad, and so far "ugly"......keep the faith!!

redstickviking
09-25-2005, 12:52 AM
I always wear Viking clothes and hats year around, viking tags on my truck and people always give me a hard time about being a viking fan here in Baton Rouge. Especially the past 3 years with the collapses they have had and the 0-2 start this year, but honestly I don't know how to answer them. I will always be a fan and can't imagine pulling for any other team. I go to 2-3 away games a year and always I'm amazed by the fan support they have. I guess you just have to be a true Viking fan to know why you are a fan year in and year out, why you can't wait until next Sunday to watch the best team in football and why you hope the 0-2 start is just that, a start. They do test us fans though,but as said earlier in this thread when we do win it all it will be so sweet.

kjdaddy
09-25-2005, 12:55 AM
Is English your second language?? How about a class on grammer or better yet, spelling.
fu.

miakurtzy07
09-25-2005, 01:26 AM
"kjdaddy" wrote:

Is English your second language?? How about a class on grammer or better yet, spelling.
fu.

First of all: Settle down! We're all friends here.
Secondly: I'll always be a Vikes fan because no matter how many times Daunte throws an interception or fumbles the ball...I still get the little tingle in my belly when we score.

mfenlon
09-25-2005, 01:26 AM
Keep the faith my brothers, keep the faith.....

Prophet
09-25-2005, 01:37 AM
"kjdaddy" wrote:

fu.

Chill. Also, if you plan on correcting people at least use proper spelling and grammar in your correction.

Lkie we'ev siad bfeore, it's teh ieda taht conunts, nto teh crorect gmramar adn splleing.

shawn
09-25-2005, 01:38 AM
Hey Guys-
I really hope that this hasnt become a spelling bee?? I bleed purple and cant change that no matter how much it is killing me to watch this year so far. One thing to think about............there are much more important things to think about not only in our vikes world but in the rest of the world, than spelling/grammer!!! Lets worry more about gettin' a win than how far our purple brothers would make it in a spelling bee!!!!

SharperVikings
09-25-2005, 03:09 AM
Unconditional support through the good and BAD is what separates true fans from wannabe bandwagon fonies. And if your team ever does win it all (hopefully one day), you can say you were there through all the bad times, which makes winning it all so much sweeter. This is why we are Vikings fans.

This is the most true statement Ive heard in my life, I hope all of us on this site are TRUE vikings fans.

dr feelgood
09-25-2005, 04:07 PM
Without the Vikings, it would be a cold Omaha up here.

Mark_The_Viking
09-25-2005, 04:52 PM
Duh!

Because the Vike rool!

Grassdog61
09-25-2005, 04:59 PM
An allegiance to the Vikings runs deep in the soul. A lot of people think its silly (my wife included, who unfortunately is a Bears fan - what the hell was I thinking) but there is nothing in this world - no amount of money - nothing - that could make me root for another team besides the Vikings. I would cease to be that same person.

People often ask me if I'm from Minnesota (which I'm not, was born and raised in Ky.) and they can't understand how I could be such a Vikings fan. I can only say this - there was something very powerful about growing up in the 70's and watching those Vikings teams on TV - they were almost always on the regional CBS broadcasts where I grew up (Pat Summerall, Tom Brookshire) - thats how I fell in love with this team. God, those were the days, watching all those epic battles with the Rams and Cowboys (Packers sucked during those years) and the games they played at the Met - I can still picture the field, every nuance about that stadium.

BBQ Platypus
09-25-2005, 05:46 PM
Well, I like to STICK WITH my favorite team. I'm not one of those morons whose allegiances keep changing. How boring and unrewarding is that?

For a moment there, I thought you were a troll who was actually asking that question. Here's how I would have responded if you were a troll.

Well, I guess I'm just stupid. Me no can spell. GO VINKINGS!!! :lol:

JK! Keep the faith! :brave: