PDA

View Full Version : Is this a "must win game" vs. the Saints?

Top_Speed
09-23-2005, 04:50 PM
Are we in trouble already for the possible end of our much hopeful season?

Man, we are 0-2 and have NO at home. Must win game?

(Then) Next... @ Hotlanta.
If we lose to the Saints we would be 0-3 going into Atlanta. I would say that is not a place you would start to "turn things around".

(Then) a buy week.

Possibly being 0-4 going into this buy week could already (this early in the season) break our teams spirit or make us (fans) start looking forward to next years draft already. This would make all the GB fans have an orgasm I'm sure.

So?? Must win game vs. Saints?? I'm thinking maybe so!

cc21
09-23-2005, 04:53 PM
I think it is a must win game, because I do not see us beating Atlanta. So if we dont beat the Saints then we could very easily be 0-4 going into the bye week.

ElBarto
09-23-2005, 04:55 PM
Yep indeedy. Lose this week and things are gonna get ugly real quick. It wouldn't necessarily be the end of the season cos the North is a weak division but dropping 2 at home to TB & NO ain't a good sign.

southern_yankee
09-23-2005, 04:56 PM
No, I don't think it is. I think it's a "must play decently" game. If we fight hard and come close, it'll give us some confidence. Starting 0-4 would stink, but maybe it'll be the catalyst for something big...but then again our late season collapses seem to indicate that Tice can't stop bad momentum.

Chances are fairly high we will be 0-4, but none of those loses will be division loses which has to count for something...especially how bad our division is.

Top_Speed
09-23-2005, 05:01 PM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

I think it is a must win game, because I do not see us beating Atlanta. So if we dont beat the Saints then we could very easily be 0-4 going into the bye week.

Exactly what I'm thinking Corey and this is too early in the season for us to be put on a Bar-B-Que Grill. (and if so and we get grilled?) hopefully no cheese gets put on top of us.

Top_Speed
09-23-2005, 05:06 PM
"southern_yankee" wrote:

No, I don't think it is. I think it's a "must play decently" game. If we fight hard and come close, it'll give us some confidence. Starting 0-4 would stink, but maybe it'll be the catalyst for something big...but then again our late season collapses seem to indicate that Tice can't stop bad momentum.

Chances are fairly high we will be 0-4, but none of those loses will be division loses which has to count for something...especially how bad our division is.

Wow, when was the last time we were 0-4??? The Les Steckel year was better than that wasn't it?

With the plethora of Viking info here someone must know....

ultravikingfan
09-23-2005, 05:06 PM
Every game is a "must win" game!

We cannot falter and fumble. Gotta raise our level of play...and we will!

ultravikingfan
09-23-2005, 05:08 PM
"Top_Speed" wrote:

"southern_yankee" wrote:

Wow, when was the last time we were 0-4??? The Les Steckel year was better than that wasn't it?

With the plethora of Viking info here someone must know....

We were 2-2 with Les after 4. Then we wnt on to lose 12 out of 13! :???:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min1984.htm

ColoradoVike
09-23-2005, 05:09 PM
definitley a must win-- For fans and the team.

whackthepack
09-23-2005, 05:16 PM
I think this a must win. If we can not right the ship, and are 0-3 we are dead meat going into Atlanta. If we can turn it around this week and gain so much needed confidence then I think we have a shot in Atlanta.

If we can win are next 2 games and go into the bye week 2-2 the season is on. If we falter this week and lose at Atlanta, and go into the bye 0-4. Tice will be fired, and the season is lost. We will be playing for where we draft next spring.

mfenlon
09-23-2005, 05:22 PM
Must win for Tice. Must win for Minnisota fans.
Must win for the Minn Vikes as we see them right now.
If we we hang another "L" we will see some serious moves
from the top down this week by Tuesday. You watch!!
New coach, new RB and then the rumors will start about our boy
CP... You wantch!! We need this "W"! BAD!!

Top_Speed
09-23-2005, 05:29 PM
"mfenlon" wrote:

Must win for Tice. Must win for Minnisota fans.
Must win for the Minn Vikes as we see them right now.
If we we hang another "L" we will see some serious moves
from the top down this week by Tuesday. You watch!!
New coach, new RB and then the rumors will start about our boy
CP... You wantch!! We need this "W"! BAD!!

You probably have some good stuff there about possible changes within.

The new O-Cord this year was enough of a change, we need rhythm and basically better all around play. If Management sees a fix thru discarding, I only see a longer fix ahead? I personally like Tice and if he gets the boot in early to mid-season I'll be shocked.

Which brings us back to "Must win game!"

UTVikfan
09-23-2005, 06:12 PM
Mfenlon, you forgot the most important part after firing everything we have, NEW MASCOT! They have to fire him, we are 0-2! OMG! Panic, wide spread mayhem, no team in history has gone 0-2, and its the mascots fault. Yep, heads are gonna roll.

StillPurple
09-23-2005, 06:18 PM
Given that we are in Atlanta the following week and then have a bye, I would say, yes, this is a must win game.

Prophet
09-23-2005, 06:20 PM
I would have to agree that this is a must win game. If the Vikings fall below the 10 W possibility, then it is time to panic.

Hawgski
09-23-2005, 06:22 PM
By asking if this is a must win, you remind me of Flounder on "Animal House"....

ARE YOU GUYS PLAYING CARDS???

Of course this is a must win!!!!

zimtwister
09-23-2005, 06:46 PM
the vikings have always started out hot hot hot! in the last few years then they sucked at the end -maybe we suck now and will get hot at the end and the playoffs. lets hope!

Ltrey33
09-23-2005, 06:51 PM
Yeah, 0-2 is a bad start, but not totally insurmountable. 0-3 is incredibly tough to bounce back from, 0-4 is pretty well impossible. IMO, this is a must win, but next week is a MUST MUST MUST win if we don't pull it out this week.

bleedpurple27
09-23-2005, 07:23 PM
This absouletly is a must win game. The Saints are an average team at best. Tampa is average but with an above average defense and Cincy is a good young team that got on a roll early, at home. They are NOT 29 points better than the Vikings...IMO. The Saints have a below average defense, and an average offense only because of Duece. A Vikings loss would crush this team, the fans and any playoff hopes we may have had. When the Vikings fly south to Atlanta, they will not be expected to win, no matter the outcome this week..but with that being said..the Vikings have a history of losing to teams they should beat...(anyone remember the NFC championship game against Atlanta or the last game of of the year when all we had to do was beat Arizona..and we lost on a hail mary THEN had to watch the Pack celebrate their "playoff berth"...ok ok focus) but they also have a history of winning games that people give them no chance at winning....like the playoff game against the Packers last year. I'm afraid that a loss this weekend and a very tough game next week in Atlanta, we then go TO Chicago, where the Vikings traditionally play terrible then to Green Bay then to Carolina...this thing could get ugly. I however DO think we will win this game this week...Daunte will have a good game and I think Moore will have a good game. The Defense will be solid..I perdict..31-17 Vikings. Sorry I kinda went off there....

PurpleTide
09-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Every home game is a "must win", as we haven't started our division games yet we need to get this win at home. Winning that first game will do wonders for our confidence, and will lead to another and another, as we get better instead of worse as the season goes on.
We have a weak division and haven't started playing well, so now is the time to show improvement every week. There will be no second half season slump, as this team finally starts to wake from the dead and reach it's potential.