PDA

View Full Version : The Vikes arent done just yet....

TheViking
09-21-2005, 10:50 PM
This is what Len Pasquarelli had to say about the Vikes.

Minnesota: Like the Packers, the Vikings certainly benefit from the dubious company they keep in the NFL's weakest division. Arguably the NFL's most disappointing team through the first two weeks, particularly on offense, Minnesota has turned the ball over on half of its 24 possessions. Quarterback Daunte Culpepper, the subject of criticism from dead-man-walking head coach Mike Tice this week, has already coughed up eight interceptions. He didn't throw his eighth pick in 2004 until the 13th game of the year. The running game is going nowhere, in part because the offensive line can't knock defenders off the ball minus Pro Bowl center Matt Birk, and Tice still can't settle on his starting tailback. As bad as the scores have been, the defense hasn't played all that poorly, but keeps having to defend a short field because of the offensive giveaways. Word is that some of the mates aboard the creaky Vikings ship are one loss away from mutiny. The team convened a players-only meeting early this week, never a good sign.

Interesting comment about a mutiny, I wonder who he is referring too.

GreenBaySlackers
09-21-2005, 10:51 PM
gee... i wonder :roll:

PurplePeopleEaters
09-21-2005, 10:53 PM
The players only meeting is a good thing IMO. It helps them bond as a team and have real leaders emerge whether it is in mutiny or not.

TheViking
09-21-2005, 11:00 PM
I agree what’s wrong with players getting together and figuring things out. To me its a sign that Tice is not a good leader. He doesn’t know how to get his players motivated or buy into what he is trying to sell. It also shows that the players 2 games into the season understand they are not out of it yet, the still care about this season and making it to the playoffs.

Ltrey33
09-21-2005, 11:05 PM
The players meeting is good, that at least means the players are on the same page, even if the coaches aren't. The staff can (or will) change if there is a mutiny, but the players are stuck with one another, so they have to get along.

mnjamie
09-21-2005, 11:17 PM
Well, we all will only know how or what became of that meeting .... On Sunday. As it all means nothing, if it doesn't change things then.

Jviking
09-21-2005, 11:27 PM
I think a players meeting shows initiative and i am happy to see this happen. I do agree that tice may be losing control, that is if he ever had it...

TheViking
09-21-2005, 11:30 PM
Sunday will tell us allot of things. Will Tice be making the play calls? Did the players meeting get them motivated for this game? Is Loney going to be doing anything of value? If we win, how much improvement was made over the last 2 games? This game will be full of things to look for not to mention lip reading. (jk thought I would throw it in for fun)

COJOMAY
09-21-2005, 11:31 PM
I too have seen these "players only" meetings do good things for teams. Especially if there are hard feelings, backbiting and other issues going on. It usually settles the scores and helps a team mature TOGETHER!
I hope it works for the Vikes as it's worked for other teams.

hic-agvike77
09-21-2005, 11:36 PM
"mnjamie" wrote:

Well, we all will only know how or what became of that meeting .... On Sunday. As it all means nothing, if it doesn't change things then.

Definatly.....good for them for taking some inicative, but if come sunday we're all saying its only week three they could still turn it around its worthless.

Hooversham
09-21-2005, 11:43 PM
It's Mutiny Mr. Christian........Mutiny I say

Good. Maybe by the bye week, the whole coaching staff will be "living with the fishes".

ShanePurpleBlood
09-21-2005, 11:48 PM
"hic-agvike77" wrote:

"mnjamie" wrote:

Definatly.....good for them for taking some inicative, but if come sunday we're all saying its only week three they could still turn it around its worthless.

I think the meeting will do good. We will find out which way the season will go Sunday. 0-3 is too much to overcome.

TheViking
09-21-2005, 11:50 PM
I would like to see the players mesh as a unit this week, show everyone that they are a team even though the coaching staff sucks. As for firing I have changed my stance since yesterday I saw let them all be lame duck coaches and bring in a " Offensive Advisor" someone who can fire the team up a little or at least give good advice. I don’t remember whose idea that was from yesterday but I like it.

V4L
09-21-2005, 11:51 PM
"Hooversham" wrote:

Good. Maybe by the bye week, the whole coaching staff will be "living with the fishes".

LMAO dude! Nice sig! It sucks that it's so true though :lol:

mdbsweetness34
09-21-2005, 11:52 PM
Yeah, a players only meeting is an awesome sign. Hopefully it worked out well, and well see improvements on sunday. As we all know, preseason is not a time to brag, but culpepper did amazing during the preseason games against starting defenses, but I just dont think he is scanning the field enough. WE NEED TO START A RUNNING BACK AND KEEP IT THAT WAY. WE CANNOT KEEP SWITCHING, ITS CONFUSING FOR CULPEPPER AND THE WHOLE OFFENSIVE LINE. They have alot of problems to fix, and tice said that eliminating the turnovers will be the easy part???

Hooversham
09-21-2005, 11:53 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"Hooversham" wrote:

Thanks. It won't win any contests, but it's frighteningly true. LOL

GreenBaySlackers
09-21-2005, 11:55 PM
i wanna see some friday night lights, or remember the titans teamwork type shiz. walking out of that tunnel they better be holding hands, the captains better be holding hands as they walk out to the coin-toss.

If they are ever down by any margin, all smiling must stop! it needs to get fiery intense. The team needs to understand that winning is fun, losing is not. You cannot have fun and lose, when you are paid to win.

TheViking
09-22-2005, 12:00 AM
It all starts with the Head Coach his team philosophy and how he motivates his players. Of course the players need to be held responsible as well but its still on the head coach. Did you check out Mora Jr Monday night against the Eagles he has what it takes. Of course you can argue he was down for the game against the Seahawks but he was still trying to motivate his guys that’s when the team captains need to take over.

PurplePeopleEaters
09-22-2005, 12:01 AM
"Hooversham" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"Hooversham" wrote:

:lol: I tried adding a picture of him to my special teams sig and the only one I could find was one of his school picture and the picture for the team.

Hooversham
09-22-2005, 12:11 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

"Hooversham" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"Hooversham" wrote:

:lol: I tried adding a picture of him to my special teams sig and the only one I could find was one of his school picture and the picture for the team.

Just to let you know, there IS an action shot of him punting, in Vikings uniform, on the Vikings official website. Thought I would pass that along.
:occasion5: