PDA

View Full Version : A good start at a change would be to .............

carolinafan
09-21-2005, 02:35 AM
start Troy Williamson and actually throw the ball his way. Not having seen the games, and reading about the lack of offense, you would think the Vikes would put speed on the field and try to get the ball down field. It's time to scrap the idea of bringing TW along slowly.

Let's see, you draft a guy out of college who is 6' 2"; has a vertical leap second to none; was the fastest player in the draft; HAS GOOD HANDS; will block; and runs nice routes...............and you've thrown him the ball twice in two games. I'd say it's time to do something different. If the Vikes O is as bad as everyone is describing, then wouldn't a change of some sort be in order? Why not see what TW can do in a full game?

Just a thought

ejmat
09-21-2005, 02:42 AM
I don't have a problem with that. The only thing is the biggest problem with the Vikes O is the OL. Pep is running for his life every play. There is no blocking. So speed at WR may not be the answer unless they get some blocking.

The other thing is just when I thought Bennett looked good he proved me wrong again. He started finding holes and hitting them in Sunday's game. Then he started fumbling. Whatever the case is I am still dead set on him not being the featured back.

Now to the D. All I can say is UUUUUUgggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! I was really excited last week because I thought they played very well. This week they looked worse than last year.

VikingsFan1989
09-21-2005, 02:44 AM
We really just need to get rid of Bennet. At first he seemed to be very promising. Now though, after those fumbles, he just needs to get out!

collegeguyjeff
09-21-2005, 02:47 AM
when bennett fumbles he reminds me of ahman green

DoraTheExplorer
09-21-2005, 02:48 AM
Why can't Tice give up on him?!? I'm sorry, u can talk about how great he was on Sunday with his yards and whatnot, but he fumbled TWICE! That's two times too many (pardon the lame, over-used expression). Get rid of Old Man Winter and put in Mwelde or even Fason. At this point, I just want Senor Bennet, OUT!

carolinafan
09-21-2005, 03:02 AM
[quote="ejmat"]I don't have a problem with that. The only thing is the biggest problem with the Vikes O is the OL. Pep is running for his life every play. There is no blocking. So speed at WR may not be the answer unless they get some blocking.

I see your point.........it's hard to throw long when you can't protect the passer. I don't understand the problems when you look at the personnel on the Vikes team. I thought Pep was going to be a stud this year. Is it simply a lack of any protection, bad decisions by Pep, or a combo of both? Sounds like the D just sux so far.

DoraTheExplorer
09-21-2005, 03:04 AM
"carolinafan" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:
[quote]I don't have a problem with that. The only thing is the biggest problem with the Vikes O is the OL. Pep is running for his life every play. There is no blocking. So speed at WR may not be the answer unless they get some blocking.

I see your point.........it's hard to throw long when you can't protect the passer. I don't understand the problems when you look at the personnel on the Vikes team. I thought Pep was going to be a stud this year. Is it simply a lack of any protection, bad decisions by Pep, or a combo of both? Sounds like the D just sux so far.

Having quote problems???

It's okay. I used to have quote problems. Then I talked to ultravikingfan, and now I am a quoting like a pro. Thank you ultravikingfan!

ejmat
09-21-2005, 03:42 AM
I am so glad to see people are seeing the same thing I am in Bennett too. Hopefully we can get some blocking and stop all the criticism. Pep will snap out of it. He has been part of the problem too. Poor decisions even when he has time to throw but he has proven to me he is a stud at QB. Bennett has never proven that to me. Even with his 3 great runs.

midgensa
09-21-2005, 03:57 AM
"carolinafan" wrote:

start Troy Williamson and actually throw the ball his way. Not having seen the games, and reading about the lack of offense, you would think the Vikes would put speed on the field and try to get the ball down field. It's time to scrap the idea of bringing TW along slowly.

Let's see, you draft a guy out of college who is 6' 2"; has a vertical leap second to none; was the fastest player in the draft; HAS GOOD HANDS; will block; and runs nice routes...............and you've thrown him the ball twice in two games. I'd say it's time to do something different. If the Vikes O is as bad as everyone is describing, then wouldn't a change of some sort be in order? Why not see what TW can do in a full game?

Just a thought

He just does not run crisp enough routes yet, and just sending him deep won't do the trick, that gets covered unless you have other threats ...
I did see him use his speed on a couple of catches though and he was wide open and missed by Culpepper deep once ...
By the way ... he was not THE fastest player in the draft, just one of the fastest ... Jerome Mathis had the best clocked 40 of everyone in the draft.

WBLVikeBabe
09-21-2005, 07:18 AM
"carolinafan" wrote:

Just a thought

I'm ok with that, he is one of my receivers on my fantasy team

audioghost
09-21-2005, 08:16 AM
"carolinafan" wrote:

Just a thought

The fastest player in the draft was actually Fabian Washington of the Oakland Raiders (out of Nebraska).....

UTVikfan
09-21-2005, 10:10 AM
There would be not one running back playing the game today if two fumbles were the criterea to get rid of them, except maybe Curtis Martin coulda lasted a year.

ejmat
09-22-2005, 04:15 AM
The difference is Bennett doesn't run well either. It's not just the fumbles. The fumbles are a new addition to his already poor play.

catlikethief22
09-22-2005, 05:01 AM
man somebody needs to just start an official Bennet thread because every thread always ends up being about him anyways.

magicci
09-22-2005, 05:13 AM
i would love to see TW out there more. TW Koren and Travis in trips sets this week.