PDA

View Full Version : Serious Viking issue here, everybody please read!



Top_Speed
09-20-2005, 06:02 PM
Hi fellow purple fans,

I hope this imortant issue gets addressed, please pass this onto someone who can prevent what this is dealing with (I'm in NY State and have no connections other than this site!)

I have a friend in Sarasota FL (big TB fan) and he said that a leak in the local news media (who was quickly shut up by the way) was said to say that the Bucs may have stole our play calls or at least the terms of such. Not sure offensive or defensive but after a terrible nights sleep I called and him asked more.

It is (specualtion) that they may have (i know this sounds weird at first) lip read from not only our field coaches and players sending in plays but booth personel as well.

NOW... after hearing this I have noticed in the Cincy game that our coaches just talk openly. I can see it on TV even! If I could read lips I'm telling ya I could tell you what they were saying verbatum.

Is this the reason why other coaches are so adimate about covering their mouths, even folding around the play sheet almost 180 degrees???

If this is true, why the Hell doesn't our (total staff) protect in the ways other teams do with play call sheets folded around their mouths??? Do we want them to know what we are going to run cuz were that good?? I'm totally frazzled and dazzled by this and hope some media (or better yet Vikig admin or coaches) in the twin cities gets a hold of this and we start "a new world order" but without telling anybody what were going to do.

Please say something, this has been bugging the heck out of me ever since I found this info out and watched the Cincy game and totally understood that this was a matter that needs to be addressed. Coach Mike can you hear me? I hope so.

Please!

KJ (Geneva NY)

VKG4LFE
09-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Never heard these allegations before, but I gues you never know, it could be true. I'm not going to start blaming us looking like sh!t on this stuff though.

Del Rio
09-20-2005, 06:05 PM
It's Bullshit.

Even if they did read the lips what do you think the play calls are?

Tice: OK Dauntes snap the ball on 3, I want you to turn to the right and fake a hand off roll out and pitch. Bennett you are going to run in the A gap on the left side.............I mean seriously.

I have heard some excuses in my day but this takes the cake.


Even if the play call was like right 21 on red, right may not signify the direction of the play all it would be is an indicator for the lineman to know if he is strong side or weak side. I don't see anyway this is possible.

Mr. Purple
09-20-2005, 06:06 PM
Hey man, good post, I live here in New Port Richey, about 30 minutes outside of tampa. If there is any truth to this then wow this is crazy. Its a given for coaches to cover thier mouths, cuz its a proven fact teams hire lip readers to discover plays. This is pretty wild info.

Webby
09-20-2005, 06:07 PM
:shock:

I believe in Santa Claus.

DesertPurple
09-20-2005, 06:10 PM
You can bet Chris Hovan told all!

VKG4LFE
09-20-2005, 06:11 PM
Whose Santa Claus?? lol

Webby
09-20-2005, 06:12 PM
"DesertPurple" wrote:

You can bet Chris Hovan told all!

Maybe Hovan is good at reading lips. He's pretty pathetic at everything else.

smootpepper
09-20-2005, 06:13 PM
man, everytime we get our buts handed to us its always because the other team knows our plays somehow....

What is up with this.

NY game 41 - 0

Reporter says Giants could hear our play calling over the radio system that we use. A Giants coach confirms this after the game and then denies it a day later.

TB game 24 - 13

TB was reading our coaching staffs lips calling plays.

Cin game 38 - 8

Someone was saying they knew what we were calling. I wish I would have posted the article but I figured it was just another conspiracy theory and wasnt worth the time.


I think its just an attempt to come to grips with an ass kicking. But who knows, maybe we are tipping our hat. I tend not to beleive it though.

Ltrey33
09-20-2005, 06:15 PM
That is why all of the coaches cover their lips though. Belichick evidently is wicked paranoid about that stuff. I don't see how it's possible for the first game though, because our play calls are (probably) going to be at least a little different from last years and the best way to do that would be to read the lips, look at the film, and then put the two together, which is virtually impossible in the first game.

ultravikingfan
09-20-2005, 06:16 PM
Have you ever heard what a play sounds like?

Talk about confusing!

Every team has different terms and meaning for everything.

Heck, they could not even figure out my football teams plays: 60, Zorro right, 32+, crackback, swing, M fly.

Figure that out...and thats for 8 year olds! :shock:

Heck, I'll even send it to the team we play next week!

Jviking
09-20-2005, 06:17 PM
Hovan is an idiot. I would be surprised if he can read letters let alone lips.
I know we are hurting and are looking for excuses, but this one is a stretch.

Top_Speed
09-20-2005, 06:19 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

It's kaka del toro.

Even if they did read the lips what do you think the play calls are?

Tice: OK Dauntes snap the ball on 3, I want you to turn to the right and fake a hand off roll out and pitch. Bennett you are going to run in the A gap on the left side.............I mean seriously.

I have heard some excuses in my day but this takes the cake.


Even if the play call was like right 21 on red, right may not signify the direction of the play all it would be is an indicator for the lineman to know if he is strong side or weak side. I don't see anyway this is possible.

Well I hope it is kaka, but I don't think it is.

I'm not looking to blame loses on anything but crappy play. Yes we played especially the offense terribly. BUT... There must be a reason why other NFL coaches do this? After hearing this I now truly accept this as a possibilty. I'm thinking this (may not) be kaka by any means. Wish it was cuz it certainly is the easy way out of dismissing something like this.

To whom that thinks it is not serious? Are you crazy. If they have any player who has played within or the same type of system you don't think they know what our calls are? The formation, play and direction are all basic to someone who knows the system so give them that info maybe? No, cover your damn mouths, it's not that hard. Were not asking to pull teeth here!

Get with it, all others including college have. And now that it has been pointed out I can see it clearly as a Viking problem that needs to be addressed.

KJ

ultravikingfan
09-20-2005, 06:22 PM
Maybe the Bengals replaced the eraser on Tice's pencil with a short wave transmitter. The tip if the pencil was a microscopic microphone.

The pencil would send the signal to a satellite (borrowed from NASA), relay it back down the a van disguised with a cleaning service logo, then that signal was relayed to a dark room in the bowels of Paul Brown Stadium. From there a group a MIT graduates would use a German enigma machine a decifer the code. After all of that the play would be relayed to the Bengals coaching staff and they would tell the players what our play is.

Same thing happened against the Bucs. But, the van was parked outside the Metrodome and the MIT grads rented a room at a local hotel adjacent to the Metrodome.

Del Rio
09-20-2005, 06:23 PM
This is hysterical.

VKG4LFE
09-20-2005, 06:25 PM
So what is the excuse for our defense. We were reading their plays but they kept calling the same one "Get open" and it worked like a charm?

ultravikingfan
09-20-2005, 06:26 PM
"Top_Speed" wrote:

Get with it, all others including college have. And now that it has been pointed out I can see it clearly as a Viking problem that needs to be addressed.

KJ

Have what? Blamed their losses on "crack pipe" conspiracy theories?

Address he problems, not the "cloak and dagger" underworld of the NFL! :wink:

Top_Speed
09-20-2005, 06:28 PM
"Jviking" wrote:

Hovan is an idiot. I would be surprised if he can read letters let alone lips.
I know we are hurting and are looking for excuses, but this one is a stretch.

Players don't do this, they have enough to do. It's coaches or a spy in a press box with binoculars etc. This game is high tech now, I would not be surprised about anything. I write computer programs and I can hack. php programs like were on right now is a easy rip for me, 10 minutes into the server and your posts loook like your a GB fan... Get my point? I'm just a computer programmer, what about in the high-end big dollar sports business? Come on, reality must sink in that this could be happening.

We still might be 0-2, that is not the issue. No one's crying here (hey I'm a Mark Martin fan so I know how it is to not win!) Lets' just say "what if"

Thanks,
KJ

VKG4LFE
09-20-2005, 06:31 PM
I think it could happen, but have you ever heard an NFL play. They are crazy long and yeah maybe since I'm an outsider it seems greek to me. I think they would be pretty hard to decipher in a matter of seconds and decide what D to play. I don't know, someone got any insight for me.

ultravikingfan
09-20-2005, 06:33 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I think it could happen, but have you ever heard an NFL play. They are crazy long and yeah maybe since I'm an outsider it seems greek to me. I think they would be pretty hard to decipher in a matter of seconds and decide what D to play. I don't know, someone got any insight for me.

This is just one of my teams plays, and they are 8! Figure it out! :lol:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Have you ever heard what a play sounds like?

Talk about confusing!

Every team has different terms and meaning for everything.

Heck, they could not even figure out my football teams plays: 60, Zorro right, 32+, crackback, swing, M fly.

Figure that out...and thats for 8 year olds! :shock:

Heck, I'll even send it to the team we play next week!

Top_Speed
09-20-2005, 06:33 PM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

Hey man, good post, I live here in New Port Richey, about 30 minutes outside of tampa. If there is any truth to this then wow this is crazy. Its a given for coaches to cover thier mouths, cuz its a proven fact teams hire lip readers to discover plays. This is pretty wild info.

I agree, this should now be a "given" with the Vikings.

ultravikingfan
09-20-2005, 06:37 PM
Heck, maybe Tice gave them the playbook in return for their share of Super Bowl tickets which he will later scalp?

Or, Tice and the entire coaching staff were kidnapped, removed their brains, examined them, they put them all back together. Except, when they cut open Tice's head there was nothing there but a bunch of cheerios and a bouncy ball.

Maybe this goes deeper than the "Grassy Knoll?"

Jviking
09-20-2005, 06:37 PM
Top_Speed you have a point and frankly, stretch or not, they should take the possiblity into consideration and not pronounce to the world each play.
Stealth baby!!! Although I am not sure that any team needs to read our plays at this point in the season.

cajunvike
09-20-2005, 06:41 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Maybe the Bengals replaced the eraser on Tice's pencil with a short wave transmitter. The tip if the pencil was a microscopic microphone.

The pencil would send the signal to a satellite (borrowed from NASA), relay it back down the a van disguised with a cleaning service logo, then that signal was relayed to a dark room in the bowels of Paul Brown Stadium. From there a group a MIT graduates would use a German enigma machine a decifer the code. After all of that the play would be relayed to the Bengals coaching staff and they would tell the players what our play is.

Same thing happened against the Bucs. But, the van was parked outside the Metrodome and the MIT grads rented a room at a local hotel adjacent to the Metrodome.

That's almost exactly what happened...except the signal was radioed to the bowels of Najeh Davenport Stadium (his ex's closet), where a group of turd burglars used an enigma machine from Uranus to decipher the code. If this all sounds like a load of crap, it is! :lol:

Top_Speed
09-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Bottom line for me guys...

I'm not making excuses, just heard something from a friend, watched the next game (win or lose I would still have posted this) and found this COULD be true. Anybody who doesn't lives in a shell, box or what have you.

Play calling is difficult with multiple terminolgy. When I played (just div III) but we had a easy term to send all backs out (empty backfield) it was called scatback, then of course add on the as a perfix the formation, suffix was the pass route.

Now I'm thinking if we sent a guy to another school, he knew the terms for even base plays like I just mentioned told coaching, could intercept that play call they would know maybe most or all of the play call. Heck they know it's a pass play right away!

If we have any QB's or past play callers on here you will certainly know what I mean, if an opponent knows a little about a play it's too much.

KJ

Top_Speed
09-20-2005, 06:47 PM
"Jviking" wrote:

Top_Speed you have a point and frankly, stretch or not, they should take the possiblity into consideration and not pronounce to the world each play.
Stealth baby!!! Although I am not sure that any team needs to read our plays at this point in the season.

We have someone on here with some common sense? It was getting hard to believe that any "content worthy" stuff was going to ever come. How easy it is to joke about this with Mars, come in Houston..., that takes alot of character especially if your a true Vike fan.

This is not posted as a "fix" to Viking problems. The logistic folks I guess can see this point.

Thank you for being on this site.

ultravikingfan
09-20-2005, 06:49 PM
http://www.creakyjoints.com/graphics/images/desktops/thumbnails/deadhorse_thumb.jpg

How about we just played like crap and not assign reasons why we lost to help justify starting out 0-2.

Even if they did steal our plays...that did not make Bennett fumble the ball. Nor did it make Daunte throw the ball at Delta 3 fricken times.

ultravikingfan
09-20-2005, 06:52 PM
"Top_Speed" wrote:

"Jviking" wrote:

Top_Speed you have a point and frankly, stretch or not, they should take the possiblity into consideration and not pronounce to the world each play.
Stealth baby!!! Although I am not sure that any team needs to read our plays at this point in the season.

We have someone on here with some common sense? It was getting hard to believe that any "content worthy" stuff was going to ever come. How easy it is to joke about this with Mars, come in Houston..., that takes alot of character especially if your a true Vike fan.

This is not posted as a "fix" to Viking problems. The logistic folks I guess can see this point.

Thank you for being on this site.

So, anybody who does not agree that this is feasible is lacking common sense?

Reason why it is not "content worthy" is because it is a stretch and far fetched.

One last thing...define "True Viking Fan"

RK.
09-20-2005, 06:56 PM
We have not changed our play "Scheme" since 1992 (Tice's own words). I would think that evey coach in the NFL has a copy of our play book by now. Besides how hard is it to figure out when half of our plays is Pep in the shotgun. Guess what he is going to do!!!!!!! I bet he is going to check down his receivers and try to throw it to one of them before getting sacked or fumbling the ball. :razz:

Prophet
09-20-2005, 07:13 PM
Finally, the puzzle is solved.

The whole time I was thinking that the aliens from Roswell, NM were sequestered in the Jemez Mountains and forced to decipher the Vikings playbooks for all opponents of the Vikings. I was convinced of this theory until I got to thinking...what where the aliens doing in their confines from 1947 until 1961? Your theory makes much more sense, how foolish of me.

If someone really wanted the playbook from Tice all they would have to do is call him up and tell him something like, "Hey Mike, this is Fred from the NFLPA and we need you to send us a copy of your playbook."

Lesson: conspiracy theories and aliens are not needed for outwitting Tice.

Top_Speed
09-20-2005, 07:17 PM
So, anybody who does not agree that this is feasible is lacking common sense?

Reason why it is not "content worthy" is because it is a stretch and far fetched.

One last thing...define "True Viking Fan"

Common sense is something that you can see (and relate to in a relative way/manor)... I guess I have to simplify this?

Can you see our coaching staff cover their mouths like other coaches (even dang high school coaches do)? A: No

Does everybody else do this cuz it's fun? A: No

Are they doing this to see if they have bad breath? A: Maybe :)

Do they do this because they think it may be important? A: Yes

Is it important enough to do this in the NFL? A: Majority rules

Now put everything together as above and think about the word "common" sense. The word is common for a reason!

Content worthy? Dont go there, but so far a few posts have been.

Define TVF: I would say it has many definitions, loyalty, support and an open mind may also be included. Usually when the word "true" is included it is about an actual hard core fact. So true may be ommited if you wish, make your day and everybody rides for free, right?. Now.. let's go back to common sense, the common word is backed in all of my statements. I'm not asking for a miracle, revolution, act of war or even flood protection levy's, if I could I would do the later for Lake Ponchatrane and the city of NO. just asking for a little "common" sense. Budweiser true! I need one after dealing with you folks....

KJ Out, you guys have fun with this one if you wish, I'm into some C++ config files and I think I'll relate better there than here.

TheViking
09-20-2005, 07:31 PM
Look anytime a team uses the same playbook for 13 years teams are going to pick up on their tendencies. You say that teams hire lip readers during games maybe true, but they also spend hours and hours and hour’s dissecting game film of their opponent. I think it might be safe to say that the game film teams have of the Vikings look pretty much they same and become fairly easy to dissect over time. Just another outlandish idea though.

Del Rio
09-20-2005, 07:33 PM
The fact of the matter is this. They know what we are going to run, they have mounds of film. Football is football. By the time they translate the play with their secret decoder ring and relay it to the defense it would be three plays too late.

COMMON SENSE, would tell you that this is ridiculous. In order for this "cheat" to be effective you would have to require your team to learn another teams plays during practice, not just the basics, actually learn gap assignments and the whole deal. You would then need to make your own code that is short enough to get the right information relayed to the defense before the offense snapped the ball, and have them KNOW it. You would have to prepare for that EVERY week. In order for you to be able to stop the play you would pretty much need your entire defense to know what is going on. A lot of the time the D line is already set on the line before the huddle is broke, so you would have to have your LB relay the information to the line in like 2 seconds. It's just not practical at all.

Frankly teams have better things to do with their time. When I played ball if my coach was covering his head set it was to keep outside noise from getting in the mic. We had very complex play calling, and they changed game to game, because our playbook was so big we would just take specific plays from different sections to make a game plan. No way in hell would it have been possible. And your talking Wooster here.

The closest thing even logical is an opponent keying in on your cadence. Even calling it out ahead of time trying to draw you offsides. That happened but that is a totally minimal undertaking compared to what you are suggesting.

To all those who believe it more power to you.

Top_Speed
09-20-2005, 07:36 PM
"TheViking" wrote:

Look anytime a team uses the same playbook for 13 years teams are going to pick up on their tendencies. You say that teams hire lip readers during games maybe true, but they also spend hours and hours and hour’s dissecting game film of their opponent. I think it might be safe to say that the game film teams have of the Vikings look pretty much they same and become fairly easy to dissect over time. Just another outlandish idea though.

Haven't gone yet..

I agree, we have many problems and game planning may be one. Our play calling is worse than predictable but also our players aren't carring out their jobs either. Lack of concentration? Maybe with turnovers etc. I will say we have NO MOJO right now. MOJO come in!

Top_Speed
09-20-2005, 07:44 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

The fact of the matter is this. They know what we are going to run, they have mounds of film. Football is football. By the time they translate the play with their secret decoder ring and relay it to the defense it would be three plays too late.

COMMON SENSE, would tell you that this is ridiculous. In order for this "cheat" to be effective you would have to require your team to learn another teams plays during practice, not just the basics, actually learn gap assignments and the whole deal. You would then need to make your own code that is short enough to get the right information relayed to the defense before the offense snapped the ball, and have them KNOW it. You would have to prepare for that EVERY week. In order for you to be able to stop the play you would pretty much need your entire defense to know what is going on. A lot of the time the D line is already set on the line before the huddle is broke, so you would have to have your LB relay the information to the line in like 2 seconds. It's just not practical at all.

Frankly teams have better things to do with their time. When I played ball if my coach was covering his head set it was to keep outside noise from getting in the mic. We had very complex play calling, and they changed game to game, because our playbook was so big we would just take specific plays from different sections to make a game plan. No way in hell would it have been possible. And your talking Wooster here.

The closest thing even logical is an opponent keying in on your cadence. Even calling it out ahead of time trying to draw you offsides. That happened but that is a totally minimal undertaking compared to what you are suggesting.

To all those who believe it more power to you.

OK why don't you call all the NFL other teams and tell them what they are doing (by consealing the play verbally) is rediculus? I'm sure your words will be "content worthy" to them. This week I'm sure I will see no play sheets hiding their lips, right? You are a rediculus (and stubborn) person. You may not like me, that's fine. The only verbal usage I have gotten from you so far has been null. Your pic is nice however, not intimidating to me however. I'm 6-4 245lbs, I think that pic would better suite me :)

smootpepper
09-20-2005, 07:49 PM
of course every team in the NFL has our playbook. All you have to do is buy madden every year for an updated version of it. :smile:

JDogg926
09-20-2005, 07:51 PM
While this may be feasible, it is incredibly far fetched. Even if it was being done, I doubt that it could relate to a huge advantage, as it would be impossible for them to do it on a consistent basis.

Del Rio
09-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Although you may think this is a dating service telling me you are 6-4 and 245 pounds does nothing for me bud.

In fact I'm not really even impressed. I find it pretty god damn funny. I think I've taken shits bigger then that.


I don't ever remember telling you I disliked you or liked you, but if you are worried about that sort of thing enough to bring it up I suggest you take your insecurity to someone who cares.....ie. Not me, maybe a family member or a loved one.

Please keep talking though, maybe this time you can tell me how you are going to come find me and beat me up with your big bad self.

Why did you bold your spelling mistakes?

VKG4LFE
09-20-2005, 07:54 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I think it could happen, but have you ever heard an NFL play. They are crazy long and yeah maybe since I'm an outsider it seems greek to me. I think they would be pretty hard to decipher in a matter of seconds and decide what D to play. I don't know, someone got any insight for me.

This is just one of my teams plays, and they are 8! Figure it out! :lol:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Have you ever heard what a play sounds like?

Talk about confusing!

Every team has different terms and meaning for everything.

Heck, they could not even figure out my football teams plays: 60, Zorro right, 32+, crackback, swing, M fly.

Figure that out...and thats for 8 year olds! :shock:

Heck, I'll even send it to the team we play next week!


Oh my God!! When I was a QB in 5th grade (how old is that, let's see 10, 11 or 12) we had plays like. QB pop (a sneak up the middle), dive right (a handoff that went in between the center and the right guard) and slant right (a run that went outside the tackle). You must have some good water out there in Ohio!! Thank God the other teams weren't reading my coaches lips!! To think we won two straight championships!!

OchoCinco
09-20-2005, 07:59 PM
I'm going w/ the majority here and say this is a little far fetched. I think you need to call the guys that are covering their mouths and ask them why they are doing it instead of assuming it is because of spies and lip readers..c'mon. We can't move the ball because we are predictable...we can't run so we pass on every down....Daunte's in the shotgun because he doesn't have time to drop back....he doesn't run cause he has a knee boo-boo.....I can figure this Ka-Ka out. I didn't even use a lip reader.

Prophet
09-20-2005, 08:03 PM
Hypothesis: Stealing plays has led to the 0-2 start for the Vikings

Person A's Assumptions:

A) Most coaches cover their faces when calling plays.

B) Tice does not cover his face when calling plays

Conclusion: The problem is people are stealing the Vikings plays causing them to lose.

Person B's Assumptions:

A) Play calling/codes are complex.

B) Opposing team would need to learn their own schemes plus the other teams' plays and execute them.

C) Time is limited between plays.

Conclusion: The theory does not hold up.

TheViking
09-20-2005, 08:03 PM
I know I'm new here but at some point you have to stop beating a dead horse. Just because our coaches don’t cover their lips doesn’t mean they are stealing plays and if they are good look figuring out what they are saying. Im with Del Rio on this.

JDogg926
09-20-2005, 08:03 PM
Ohio is a football breeding ground.

Texas gets all the pub, but Ohio's high school football scene is just as bad/good, depending on how you look at it.

Most of Ohio State's players are actual Ohioans, of course with some random out of state imports. Also, schools like Michigan, Mich St, Penn St, Pitt, Miami(OH) are loaded w/ Ohio boys. These are schools that are known for football, a couple of which are consistently national powerhouses (by that I mean top 10 teams).

BTW, Ohio St vs. Iowa this weekend. Don't we have some Iowa fans on here.

PurplePeopleEaters
09-20-2005, 08:05 PM
I don'w want to make an excuse. This sounds like bullshit but... Does anyone know if we ran a no huddle at the end of the game? if we did then they wouldn't be able to get our plays, right?... It sounds dumb but you never know. I don't really want to believe this.

VKG4LFE
09-20-2005, 08:06 PM
"JDogg926" wrote:

Ohio is a football breeding ground.

Texas gets all the pub, but Ohio's high school football scene is just as bad/good, depending on how you look at it.

Most of Ohio State's players are actual Ohioans, of course with some random out of state imports. Also, schools like Michigan, Mich St, Penn St, Pitt, Miami(OH) are loaded w/ Ohio boys. These are schools that are known for football, a couple of which are consistently national powerhouses (by that I mean top 10 teams).

BTW, Ohio St vs. Iowa this weekend. Don't we have some Iowa fans on here.


What exactly are you reffering to? I'm confused.

6-KINGS
09-20-2005, 08:06 PM
"Top_Speed" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

The fact of the matter is this. They know what we are going to run, they have mounds of film. Football is football. By the time they translate the play with their secret decoder ring and relay it to the defense it would be three plays too late.

COMMON SENSE, would tell you that this is ridiculous. In order for this "cheat" to be effective you would have to require your team to learn another teams plays during practice, not just the basics, actually learn gap assignments and the whole deal. You would then need to make your own code that is short enough to get the right information relayed to the defense before the offense snapped the ball, and have them KNOW it. You would have to prepare for that EVERY week. In order for you to be able to stop the play you would pretty much need your entire defense to know what is going on. A lot of the time the D line is already set on the line before the huddle is broke, so you would have to have your LB relay the information to the line in like 2 seconds. It's just not practical at all.

Frankly teams have better things to do with their time. When I played ball if my coach was covering his head set it was to keep outside noise from getting in the mic. We had very complex play calling, and they changed game to game, because our playbook was so big we would just take specific plays from different sections to make a game plan. No way in hell would it have been possible. And your talking Wooster here.

The closest thing even logical is an opponent keying in on your cadence. Even calling it out ahead of time trying to draw you offsides. That happened but that is a totally minimal undertaking compared to what you are suggesting.

To all those who believe it more power to you.

OK why don't you call all the NFL other teams and tell them what they are doing (by consealing the play verbally) is rediculus? I'm sure your words will be "content worthy" to them. This week I'm sure I will see no play sheets hiding their lips, right? You are a rediculus (and stubborn) person. You may not like me, that's fine. The only verbal usage I have gotten from you so far has been null. Your pic is nice however, not intimidating to me however. I'm 6-4 245lbs, I think that pic would better suite me :)

Easy there! you are going after one of the Alpha males in this pride.
Just simma down.
All is cool here. We can agree to disagree.

OchoCinco
09-20-2005, 08:06 PM
JDogg you got on the wrong bus.......call you mom to come pick you up.

JDogg926
09-20-2005, 08:07 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I think it could happen, but have you ever heard an NFL play. They are crazy long and yeah maybe since I'm an outsider it seems greek to me. I think they would be pretty hard to decipher in a matter of seconds and decide what D to play. I don't know, someone got any insight for me.

This is just one of my teams plays, and they are 8! Figure it out! :lol:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Have you ever heard what a play sounds like?

Talk about confusing!

Every team has different terms and meaning for everything.

Heck, they could not even figure out my football teams plays: 60, Zorro right, 32+, crackback, swing, M fly.

Figure that out...and thats for 8 year olds! :shock:

Heck, I'll even send it to the team we play next week!


Oh my God!! When I was a QB in 5th grade (how old is that, let's see 10, 11 or 12) we had plays like. QB pop (a sneak up the middle), dive right (a handoff that went in between the center and the right guard) and slant right (a run that went outside the tackle). You must have some good water out there in Ohio!! Thank God the other teams weren't reading my coaches lips!! To think we won two straight championships!!
this

Top_Speed
09-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Rio

Forget the fact of my size and about you you shipped bigger ones. Childness stuff, a dating site does much better than that.

What about the issues.

Are you going to make the call, you'll get laughed out more than what you say I am for this post!

Balls? I think (know) not. Read the post again.

Dude I don't want to beat you up. Your probably an Ok guy, you just like to argue and I'm just throwing it back. It's all good in the purple hood.

Speed

JDogg926
09-20-2005, 08:09 PM
"gdavikes84" wrote:

JDogg you got on the wrong bus.......call you mom to come pick you up.

I don't ride the frickin' bus anymore. I've got a sweet bike with shocks and everything. Can you bring me some chapstick?

VKG4LFE
09-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Oh, got ya!! That's kind of what I figured! I knew that Ohio had some great talent and that it was overshadowed by Texas and Florida for it's football. Ohio St. beating Miami for the 'ship a few years ago is a prime example of this!

OchoCinco
09-20-2005, 08:12 PM
Nice work jdogg...you took that in a whole different direction...impressive....

JDogg926
09-20-2005, 08:13 PM
Where's Ultra? We need a round of beer for Del Rio and Top_Speed.

VKG4LFE
09-20-2005, 08:14 PM
Fight, fight, fight!! lol

JDogg926
09-20-2005, 08:19 PM
gdavikes84,

With the thick tension that exists on this thread we need to maintain some sort of lightheartedness, plus Napoleon Dynamite was on HBO last night, and I'd been fiending to watch it for like 2 weeks now.

Del Rio
09-20-2005, 08:21 PM
"Top_Speed" wrote:

Rio

Forget the fact of my size and about you you shipped bigger ones. Childness stuff, a dating site does much better than that.

What about the issues.

Are you going to make the call, you'll get laughed out more than what you say I am for this post!

Balls? I think (know) not. Read the post again.

Dude I don't want to beat you up. Your probably an Ok guy, you just like to argue and I'm just throwing it back. It's all good in the purple hood.




Speed

I have no idea what you just tried to say to me.

Something about your size, childness, balls, a purple hood, and me being an ok guy.

Do I need to hire a lip reader to go over there and decode this?

RK.
09-20-2005, 08:27 PM
What are you guys arguing about I thought my first post on this thread covered it all :razz:

I like "It's all good in the purple hood." :smile:

mnjamie
09-20-2005, 08:30 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"Top_Speed" wrote:

Rio

Forget the fact of my size and about you you shipped bigger ones. Childness stuff, a dating site does much better than that.

What about the issues.

Are you going to make the call, you'll get laughed out more than what you say I am for this post!

Balls? I think (know) not. Read the post again.

Dude I don't want to beat you up. Your probably an Ok guy, you just like to argue and I'm just throwing it back. It's all good in the purple hood.




Speed

I have no idea what you just tried to say to me.

Something about your size, childness, balls, a purple hood, and me being an ok guy.

Do I need to hire a lip reader to go over there and decode this?





:boxing: Ding, Ding , Ding .. match over ....... :laughing3:

ShanePurpleBlood
09-20-2005, 08:34 PM
"JDogg926" wrote:

Ohio is a football breeding ground.

Texas gets all the pub, but Ohio's high school football scene is just as bad/good, depending on how you look at it.

Most of Ohio State's players are actual Ohioans, of course with some random out of state imports. Also, schools like Michigan, Mich St, Penn St, Pitt, Miami(OH) are loaded w/ Ohio boys. These are schools that are known for football, a couple of which are consistently national powerhouses (by that I mean top 10 teams).

BTW, Ohio St vs. Iowa this weekend. Don't we have some Iowa fans on here.

I don't know if this theory is correct, but most coaches do cover their mouths for some reason. I also heard about the Giants game being listened to.

JDogg you remember last year? I do. I was there! I am hoping for a game like that again. Hopefully not a game like the ISU one. This will be sweet my number 1 and number 2 colleges will get wins on OSU. Go Hawkeyes!

OchoCinco
09-20-2005, 08:34 PM
It's cool Jdogg I catch your vibe...no wait.....I'm gettin pissed....yea I feel it........yup definitely gettin pissed....I'm 6'5 250 baby......I'll rock ya........yea definitely pissed now.....(clothes tearing and ripping, turning green).....AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH......ME PISSED NOW....aaaarrgghhhhh....

thepacksux
09-20-2005, 08:34 PM
rio i think you need some happy pills or something. Why dont you bang your head on the wall a few times before coming online to disect peoples thoughts everyday.

OchoCinco
09-20-2005, 08:38 PM
UH-OH I think we have a new challenger......ding...ding....game on. Wait I 'm still pissed...AAAARRRGGGHHHHH>>>

JDogg926
09-20-2005, 08:38 PM
"ShanePurpleBlood" wrote:

"JDogg926" wrote:

Ohio is a football breeding ground.

Texas gets all the pub, but Ohio's high school football scene is just as bad/good, depending on how you look at it.

Most of Ohio State's players are actual Ohioans, of course with some random out of state imports. Also, schools like Michigan, Mich St, Penn St, Pitt, Miami(OH) are loaded w/ Ohio boys. These are schools that are known for football, a couple of which are consistently national powerhouses (by that I mean top 10 teams).

BTW, Ohio St vs. Iowa this weekend. Don't we have some Iowa fans on here.


I don't know if this theory is correct, but most coaches do cover their mouths for some reason. I also heard about the Giants game being listened to.

JDogg you remember last year? I do. I was there! I am hoping for a game like that again. Hopefully not a game like the ISU one. This will be sweet my number 1 and number 2 colleges will get wins on OSU. Go Hawkeyes!

Here's to a good, competitive game. I like weekends like this where I have a couple games to look forward to. Although, I may not be able to watch that game, I'll be in Minnesota. Is it supposed to be on ESPN or something???
I predict OSU will score too much to Iowa's not enough.
I asked our little league coach what the score was once and we were getting beat like 11-3, he responded with the too much to not enough.

JDogg926
09-20-2005, 08:39 PM
"gdavikes84" wrote:

UH-OH I think we have a new challenger......ding...ding....game on. Wait I 'm still pissed...AAAARRRGGGHHHHH>>>

Dude, I'd chill out, I think I got bit by a spider last night, so I'm likely to go Spiderman on your arse.

Webby
09-20-2005, 08:55 PM
wow, a thread that held so much promise for ridicule and joking.

And it happened, and a fight too. *tear* What a great day.

6-KINGS
09-20-2005, 08:59 PM
OH I WARNED YA!!!
NOTHING BUT A SILLY LITTLE RABBIT!!
But NO!!

LOOK AT THE BONES!!!

tastywaves
09-20-2005, 09:02 PM
Suit those two dudes up in purple. Maybe they can inject some fight in the vikinghood.

One dude is 6-4 and 245 lbs. and the other guy drops logs bigger than that, I say sign 'em up now. Rumor has it one of you coaches as well, definitely have a few slots open in that area.

Del Rio
09-20-2005, 09:09 PM
"thepacksux" wrote:

rio i think you need some happy pills or something. Why dont you bang your head on the wall a few times before coming online to disect peoples thoughts everyday.

There aren't enough happy pills in the world........


I have no idea wtf even happened. The guy was basically trying to jam this theory down everyone's throat insinuating that if you didn't buy into it you lacked common sense.

I never personally attacked him until he started getting pissy. I don't agree with the theory, I said why he got mad and figured I had something against him.

I don't disect peoples thoughts. There is no need to cut them open if you can tell they are retarded on the outside. I say stupid shit to, and I am usually the first person to laugh at myself. All I can tell you is if you have some sort of problem with me, I'm not going to be losing sleep over it anytime soon.

sureban
09-20-2005, 09:10 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

It's kaka del toro.

Even if they did read the lips what do you think the play calls are?

Tice: OK Dauntes snap the ball on 3, I want you to turn to the right and fake a hand off roll out and pitch. Bennett you are going to run in the A gap on the left side.............I mean seriously.

I have heard some excuses in my day but this takes the cake.


Even if the play call was like right 21 on red, right may not signify the direction of the play all it would be is an indicator for the lineman to know if he is strong side or weak side. I don't see anyway this is possible.


Yes, although if the same play is called twice and they can read lips...

Not good.

Sincerely,
Mark.

JDogg926
09-20-2005, 09:10 PM
Maybe we should have a fight for charity, I think I'd pay to see that.

We've got Top-Speed at 6'4" 250
and I'm not sure but I think Del Rio once said he was 6'2" 270

Sounds like a heavyweight title fight. We'll schedule it for 12 three minute rounds.

mnjamie
09-20-2005, 09:16 PM
"thepacksux" wrote:

rio i think you need some happy pills or something. Why dont you bang your head on the wall a few times before coming online to disect peoples thoughts everyday.


Is this how they do it in WI ??? Just wondering, havn't been there since I moved to FL about 4 yrs ago ... man, the more things stay the same, the more they change in a blink of an eye.

Del Rio
09-20-2005, 09:16 PM
I'm 6-3 278.

I haven't been in a fight since 10th grade. I have a wife a baby boy and one on the way. There are very few things that I would actually physically beat the hell out of someone over.

Arguing over Lip reading special NFL secret service is not one of them.
Reading some guy who I don't know never heard of or care to give advice on how to quell my ego/anger is not one of them.

shockzilla
09-20-2005, 09:42 PM
"JDogg926" wrote:

Maybe we should have a fight for charity, I think I'd pay to see that.

We've got Top-Speed at 6'4" 250
and I'm not sure but I think Del Rio once said he was 6'2" 270

Sounds like a heavyweight title fight. We'll schedule it for 12 three minute rounds.

I got 'em both beat - 6'4", 350!!!!

:lol:

Del Rio
09-20-2005, 09:45 PM
Shock,

We need to get Jackyl to pull some strings, and get you on that offensive line. I'd buy that jersey man. Make it happen.

JDogg926
09-20-2005, 09:59 PM
Maybe we should have a hotdog or pie eating contest instead, that way nobody gets hurt. But if we do, count me in.

conspiracy
09-20-2005, 10:00 PM
Coaches:

OK, Duante. Ready?

Take the snap, run around in the pocket for too long while the makeshift line collapses around you and the receivers can't get open, then throw a wounded duck up for grabs.

Ready, break!



Yeah, I'm sure the Bengals had that figured out.

shockzilla
09-20-2005, 10:01 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Shock,

We need to get Jackyl to pull some strings, and get you on that offensive line. I'd buy that jersey man. Make it happen.

Here ya go - the jersey is on order!!!!

VKG4LFE
09-20-2005, 10:17 PM
Sweet shock!!

6-KINGS
09-20-2005, 10:25 PM
I am 6'0 206
The butt of a olympic runner and the hair of a pure bred stallion.
And the strength of 10 Grinches, plus 2!

VKG4LFE
09-20-2005, 10:26 PM
Since we're all giving our height and weight, I'm 5'11" and about 230 or so.

Del Rio
09-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Only ten?

pssshhhhhhh.........

Del Rio
09-20-2005, 10:30 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Since we're all giving our height and weight, I'm 5'11" and about 230 or so.

Well someone mentioned food eating contest so that perked people's interest. :grin:

JDogg926
09-20-2005, 10:30 PM
6'2" 241, likely to be about 245 after Minnesota trip, plan on eating a bunch of fast food. Likely to be down to 230 by Christmas, though.

ultravikingfan
09-20-2005, 10:31 PM
"Top_Speed" wrote:

Content worthy? Dont go there, but so far a few posts have been.

Including this ridiculous thread. :roll:

"Top_Speed" wrote:

Define TVF: I would say it has many definitions, loyalty, support and an open mind may also be included.

So, because we poke at your conspiracy theory we are not fans?
No, we are just not gullible.

"tastywaves" wrote:

Suit those two dudes up in purple. Maybe they can inject some fight in the vikinghood.

Can I join in? http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/violent/223.gif

"Top_Speed" wrote:

I agree, we have many problems and game planning may be one. Our play calling is worse than predictable but also our players aren't carring out their jobs either. Lack of concentration? Maybe with turnovers etc. I will say we have NO MOJO right now. MOJO come in!

Now you are starting to make sense!

Now wasn't that a heck of a lot easier?

VKG4LFE
09-20-2005, 10:31 PM
I wish I could lose some d@mn weight. I guess it's hard to lose weight when you are a chisled machine like me! lol

6-KINGS
09-20-2005, 10:33 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Only ten?

pssshhhhhhh.........

ahhhhh, mmmmmmm, uhhhhhhhh

I got nothin'

damn!

Del Rio
09-20-2005, 10:34 PM
Hey you need to be buff it is your job :grin:

It must be a heavy burden to bare though.

6-KINGS
09-20-2005, 10:37 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I wish I could lose some d@mn weight. I guess it's hard to lose weight when you are a chisled machine like me! lol

What are ya a wet saw?

NYUCK, NYUCK, NYUCK,

JK VKG4LFE

It just that mean ole Del Rio is making fun of me and I had no come back, so I took my frustration out on you.

That Del Rio..............always sending me those hateful PM messages and saying he wants to rape me with a crow bar.
He's just an animal!

LOL

ultravikingfan
09-20-2005, 10:41 PM
Nobody wants a piece of this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/soldier.jpg

Del Rio
09-20-2005, 10:42 PM
That's it I'm making lamp shades out of your skin 6.....

Your an ass by the way I was drinking a coke when I read that shit and it felt like a Packer fans girlfriend horse kicked me in the chest.

cajunvike
09-20-2005, 10:45 PM
"JDogg926" wrote:

Ohio is a football breeding ground.

Texas gets all the pub, but Ohio's high school football scene is just as bad/good, depending on how you look at it.

Most of Ohio State's players are actual Ohioans, of course with some random out of state imports. Also, schools like Michigan, Mich St, Penn St, Pitt, Miami(OH) are loaded w/ Ohio boys. These are schools that are known for football, a couple of which are consistently national powerhouses (by that I mean top 10 teams).

BTW, Ohio St vs. Iowa this weekend. Don't we have some Iowa fans on here.

PER CAPITA...Louisiana is the PRIME football breeding ground...PER CAPITA, there are more Louisiana born and bred players in the NFL than any other state. Plus Louisiana usually ranks 5th or 6th in TOTAL PLAYERS in the NFL...not too shabby for my little state!

VKG4LFE
09-20-2005, 10:47 PM
PER CAPITA, SCHMER CAPITA! ha

VKG4LFE
09-20-2005, 10:48 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Hey you need to be buff it is your job :grin:

It must be a heavy burden to bare though.


I bare nothing, because I am not buff! I wish I was though. Maybe I should get to work on that.

6-KINGS
09-20-2005, 10:48 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Nobody wants a piece of this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/soldier.jpg

I know I don't Sir Ultra!

6-KINGS
09-20-2005, 10:50 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

That's it I'm making lamp shades out of your skin 6.....

Your an jiggly butt by the way I was drinking a coke when I read that pooh and it felt like a Packer fans girlfriend horse kicked me in the chest.

IT RUBS THE LOTION ON ITS SKIN!!
OR ELSE IT GETS THE HOSE AGAIN!!

Is that you Buffalo Bill?

ultravikingfan
09-20-2005, 10:57 PM
Here is our answer to the "spying" problem:

http://www.hullsharks.karoo.net/ict/images/photos/comedy--sellers.jpg

He'll get to the bottom of things!

:lol:

Del Rio
09-20-2005, 11:06 PM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

That's it I'm making lamp shades out of your skin 6.....

Your an jiggly butt by the way I was drinking a coke when I read that pooh and it felt like a Packer fans girlfriend horse kicked me in the chest.

IT RUBS THE LOTION ON ITS SKIN!!
OR ELSE IT GETS THE HOSE AGAIN!!

Is that you Buffalo Bill?

http://faculty.cua.edu/johnsong/hitchcock/pages/gein/buffalo-bill.jpg

Maybe.............

Top_Speed
09-21-2005, 12:30 AM
I have no idea what you just tried to say to me.

Something about your size, childness, balls, a purple hood, and me being an ok guy.

Do I need to hire a lip reader to go over there and decode this?

Rio Dude,
You can't win, your childness remarks sometimes may be funny, I even smile at them (but then I like the man show and laugh at that "show" too!) Say what you will but if you can't face the facts (all you can do is make fun of clear and difinitive statments?) your a waste of my time and sadly anyone else who has been daring enough to go thru this . My 9 year old son has a better grasp on communicating (reading and understand what they have read in relationship to a response) respect and can at least answer the facts WHICH YO CAN'T! Anyone can simply make fun of anything, that's the easy way out.

My case is closed with you. You said you can ship bigger turds than me? You know I believe that 100% becuase your the biggest a-hole I have ever had a post with even in technical-guru forum sites that I frequent ( I know... "why don't you go back there, right? Your easy to figure out. Too easy. Now make fun of that and you will even look like a bigger fool than you already have presented yourself to be. I know you will :) Go Ahead... were waiting the next "make fun of statement" because that's all you got. Now I know you didn't get any of this, you should make a comment like...

What was this now, son, man show, turds? What are trying to say?
Well Rio, take reading 101 or better yet just forget it. Sorry for you personally.

End of round 3! lol
...9 more to go! Just kidding, I'm done with this.

RK.
09-21-2005, 12:42 AM
Man thats a lot of :violent3: for 29 posts TopSpeed. :razz:

I think you two should take a page from Casper and try to just say it with smilies. :wink:

mnjamie
09-21-2005, 12:42 AM
:laughing3: Puttim' up, Puttim' up .... :boxing: ..... sounds like this one is not over by a looooong shot.

TheViking
09-21-2005, 12:44 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

The fact of the matter is this. They know what we are going to run, they have mounds of film. Football is football. By the time they translate the play with their secret decoder ring and relay it to the defense it would be three plays too late.

COMMON SENSE, would tell you that this is ridiculous. In order for this "cheat" to be effective you would have to require your team to learn another teams plays during practice, not just the basics, actually learn gap assignments and the whole deal. You would then need to make your own code that is short enough to get the right information relayed to the defense before the offense snapped the ball, and have them KNOW it. You would have to prepare for that EVERY week. In order for you to be able to stop the play you would pretty much need your entire defense to know what is going on. A lot of the time the D line is already set on the line before the huddle is broke, so you would have to have your LB relay the information to the line in like 2 seconds. It's just not practical at all.

Frankly teams have better things to do with their time. When I played ball if my coach was covering his head set it was to keep outside noise from getting in the mic. We had very complex play calling, and they changed game to game, because our playbook was so big we would just take specific plays from different sections to make a game plan. No way in hell would it have been possible. And your talking Wooster here.

The closest thing even logical is an opponent keying in on your cadence. Even calling it out ahead of time trying to draw you offsides. That happened but that is a totally minimal undertaking compared to what you are suggesting.

To all those who believe it more power to you.

I guess he forget about or chose to ignore this post by Del Rio!

shockzilla
09-21-2005, 12:45 AM
I'm afraid for you, Top Speed. You don't know what you're getting into...

Prophet
09-21-2005, 12:48 AM
I understood what del rio was saying, just because I was confused about what you were saying too.

"Top_Speed" wrote:

Rio

Forget the fact of my size and about you you shipped bigger ones. Childness stuff, a dating site does much better than that.

Not quite sure what that means, but I think it means that you don't want to argue about how big you are in relation to him. A dating site must do a better job of describing your attributes??

"Top_Speed" wrote:


What about the issues.

Are you going to make the call, you'll get laughed out more than what you say I am for this post!

This is a tough one. I have no idea what that means.

"Top_Speed" wrote:


Balls? I think (know) not. Read the post again.

Again, I have no idea what that means.

"Top_Speed" wrote:


Dude I don't want to beat you up. Your probably an Ok guy, you just like to argue and I'm just throwing it back. It's all good in the purple hood.

I can understand that statement. You both just like to give each other a tough time and there are no problems. Argue away.

"Del Rio" wrote:


I have no idea what you just tried to say to me.

Something about your size, childness, balls, a purple hood, and me being an ok guy.

Do I need to hire a lip reader to go over there and decode this?

I don't see him being an asshole in those comebacks. I truly think he was trying to understand what you were trying to say. The last sentence is obviously a joke that refers back to the original post.

I'm not trying to pick sides here, just wondering where you are coming from Top_Speed. I don't think your point was as cleary expressed as you would like to believe it was.

Mr Anderson
09-21-2005, 12:51 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

It's kaka del toro.

Even if they did read the lips what do you think the play calls are?

Tice: OK Dauntes snap the ball on 3, I want you to turn to the right and fake a hand off roll out and pitch. Bennett you are going to run in the A gap on the left side.............I mean seriously.

I have heard some excuses in my day but this takes the cake.


Even if the play call was like right 21 on red, right may not signify the direction of the play all it would be is an indicator for the lineman to know if he is strong side or weak side. I don't see anyway this is possible.


You can basically determine the play by the name of it.

They'd call the formation first then the play, and then the count.

Por ejemplo:

I right 24 Iso, on 2.

Thats a run to the right no questions asked.

another thing could be like.

Pro right 60 Slant on 1.

Thats a pass for sure.

When you see a team with the wristbands with plays written on a card in them(which we don't have, which would make knowing our plays before they're ran very very easy.) are impossible to figure out before the snap.

They have atleast 100 plays per week on those sheets all numbered. Like If they were to call play #5 on the sheet it could be any play in their play book.

I could believe these accusations, especially with how bad we've been shut down.


But I wouldn't count on it.

UTVikfan
09-21-2005, 12:59 PM
It is truly sad to me that someone with a valid premise gets shot down for nothing more than ego. I also noticed our staff doesn't cover their lips this week (this is no exuse for not winning, but that has been ignored numerous times) ...and I can remember the first one I saw do that. None other then Mr. Chuckie Gruden. Back in the was it 90's everyone got a laugh out of it. Now everyone does it. To me its not hard to figure, and I think the abuse was excessive and very undeserved. But that's my opinion. We bash Vikes fans now, cause we are outta GBfans?

Del Rio
09-21-2005, 02:20 PM
"Top_Speed" wrote:




I have no idea what you just tried to say to me.

Something about your size, childness, balls, a purple hood, and me being an ok guy.

Do I need to hire a lip reader to go over there and decode this?

Rio Dude,
You can't win, your childness remarks sometimes may be funny, I even smile at them (but then I like the man show and laugh at that "show" too!) Say what you will but if you can't face the facts (all you can do is make fun of clear and difinitive statments?) your a waste of my time and sadly anyone else who has been daring enough to go thru this . My 9 year old son has a better grasp on communicating (reading and understand what they have read in relationship to a response) respect and can at least answer the facts WHICH YO CAN'T! Anyone can simply make fun of anything, that's the easy way out.

My case is closed with you. You said you can ship bigger turds than me? You know I believe that 100% becuase your the biggest a-hole I have ever had a post with even in technical-guru forum sites that I frequent ( I know... "why don't you go back there, right? Your easy to figure out. Too easy. Now make fun of that and you will even look like a bigger fool than you already have presented yourself to be. I know you will :) Go Ahead... were waiting the next "make fun of statement" because that's all you got. Now I know you didn't get any of this, you should make a comment like...

What was this now, son, man show, turds? What are trying to say?
Well Rio, take reading 101 or better yet just forget it. Sorry for you personally.

End of round 3! lol
...9 more to go! Just kidding, I'm done with this.

Your the dumbass that blew this out of porportion so stop your whining. I honestly for the life of me had no idea what the hell you were trying to say, is it my fault that you can't convey a coherent thought?

You have no idea how much I really don't give a shit about your opinion on me being an a-hole, or anything else for that matter. Since I got so much shit from the few people on here that rarely post but feel threatened enough to take shots at me for no god damn reason lets recap without flames so people can realize just what a fucking fruit cake you really are. This will be my only attempt to rationalize with the local hermits who have issues with me because frankly it's useless.

End Flames-Begin Discussion.

My very first post on this thread:

It's kaka del toro.

Even if they did read the lips what do you think the play calls are?

Tice: OK Dauntes snap the ball on 3, I want you to turn to the right and fake a hand off roll out and pitch. Bennett you are going to run in the A gap on the left side.............I mean seriously.

I have heard some excuses in my day but this takes the cake.


Even if the play call was like right 21 on red, right may not signify the direction of the play all it would be is an indicator for the lineman to know if he is strong side or weak side. I don't see anyway this is possible.

What's the worst thing I said? MAYBE the fact that I was saying this is a bad excuse for losing, which you later clarified that was not your intent. Ok great if you felt like this post was an attack I apologize, but to me it clearly isn't.

My next post:

This is hysterical.

If you take the time to read up above you had people saying things like "I believe in Santa Clause. That was Webby actually there were some other LIGHT HEARTED jokes in there. That is what is hysterical.

My third post on this lovely peach:

The fact of the matter is this. They know what we are going to run, they have mounds of film. Football is football. By the time they translate the play with their secret decoder ring and relay it to the defense it would be three plays too late.

COMMON SENSE, would tell you that this is ridiculous. In order for this "cheat" to be effective you would have to require your team to learn another teams plays during practice, not just the basics, actually learn gap assignments and the whole deal. You would then need to make your own code that is short enough to get the right information relayed to the defense before the offense snapped the ball, and have them KNOW it. You would have to prepare for that EVERY week. In order for you to be able to stop the play you would pretty much need your entire defense to know what is going on. A lot of the time the D line is already set on the line before the huddle is broke, so you would have to have your LB relay the information to the line in like 2 seconds. It's just not practical at all.

Frankly teams have better things to do with their time. When I played ball if my coach was covering his head set it was to keep outside noise from getting in the mic. We had very complex play calling, and they changed game to game, because our playbook was so big we would just take specific plays from different sections to make a game plan. No way in hell would it have been possible. And your talking Wooster here.

The closest thing even logical is an opponent keying in on your cadence. Even calling it out ahead of time trying to draw you offsides. That happened but that is a totally minimal undertaking compared to what you are suggesting.

To all those who believe it more power to you.

Wow talk about epic cutdowns and personal attacks. The guy had said three times if you don't buy what he is selling you are lacking common sense so I *GASP* Capitalized common sense. At this point it is pretty obvious I do not believe this for a minute. Yet I give some reasons why I think it is bull shit. Not aggressive reasons, logical reasons. He managed to squeeze in some of 3A college proof and where I played it was not the case, nothing bad or personal there. Just information. Finally I end with If you believe it more power to you.

Basically that was look, I don't buy into it, but if you do good for you.


And then I get this in response:
OK why don't you call all the NFL other teams and tell them what they are doing (by consealing the play verbally) is rediculus? I'm sure your words will be "content worthy" to them. This week I'm sure I will see no play sheets hiding their lips, right? You are a rediculus (and stubborn) person. You may not like me, that's fine. The only verbal usage I have gotten from you so far has been null. Your pic is nice however, not intimidating to me however. I'm 6-4 245lbs, I think that pic would better suite me :)

He avoided the conversation, he turned to me, instead of adding something productive to his argument he started focusing on me. I see that as a personal attack. I don't piss and moan about like a lot of people on here I just dish it back so it began.


Then I get the local hermits who have obvisously had issues with me for a while chiming in obviously without reading the first 4 pages and trying to hurt my little feelings. This is nothing new and really I don't care. I actually find it pretty god damn funny.

The problem is with a lot of people you don't read the prelude to what happened, if you do you are doing it with biased feelings against me which is fine. I just want people who can comprehend what they read to understand.

Now I am taking the Caine route on this normally I would fling shit and try to come up with witty comebacks.


"Forget the fact of my size and about you you shipped bigger ones. Childness stuff, a dating site does much better than that.

What about the issues.

Are you going to make the call, you'll get laughed out more than what you say I am for this post!

Balls? I think (know) not. Read the post again.

Dude I don't want to beat you up. Your probably an Ok guy, you just like to argue and I'm just throwing it back. It's all good in the purple hood."

If you can translate this you are better then I. I was lost at this point.


"You can't win, your childness remarks sometimes may be funny, I even smile at them (but then I like the man show and laugh at that "show" too!) Say what you will but if you can't face the facts (all you can do is make fun of clear and difinitive statments?) your a waste of my time and sadly anyone else who has been daring enough to go thru this . My 9 year old son has a better grasp on communicating (reading and understand what they have read in relationship to a response) respect and can at least answer the facts WHICH YO CAN'T! Anyone can simply make fun of anything, that's the easy way out.

My case is closed with you. You said you can ship bigger turds than me? You know I believe that 100% becuase your the biggest a-hole I have ever had a post with even in technical-guru forum sites that I frequent ( I know... "why don't you go back there, right? Your easy to figure out. Too easy. Now make fun of that and you will even look like a bigger fool than you already have presented yourself to be. I know you will :) Go Ahead... were waiting the next "make fun of statement" because that's all you got. Now I know you didn't get any of this, you should make a comment like...

What was this now, son, man show, turds? What are trying to say?
Well Rio, take reading 101 or better yet just forget it. Sorry for you personally.

End of round 3! lol
...9 more to go! Just kidding, I'm done with this"

Top-Speed, your the person who decided you needed to go away from the subject and make it personal. I am absolutely serious when I say your retorts are horrible.

Finally to everyone here who wanted to see me verbally abuse this guy, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I apologize. I wouldn't know where to begin. After his last post there was just too damn much to work with. And like I said the secret underground was amassing without the facts as usual to throw fuel on the fire.

I'm glad your done with this Top-Speed. It's been a blast.

OchoCinco
09-21-2005, 02:43 PM
I think we should all take a moment of silence as the challenger TOP_speed is laid to rest...................... :salute: It was over before it began....................

Del Rio
09-21-2005, 02:43 PM
On a side note:

A) The comeback about you believing me about being able to take bigger shits then you because I'm the biggest A-hole you know. I laughed my ass off that was a good one. I appreciate that :grin:

B) I never intended this to get into a pissing contest, I tried to say that above by pointing out I was attacking the theory not the person delivering it, until the subject got turned to me somehow.

Publilcly, if you felt I was attacking you I honestly apologize. I'm not buying what you are selling. Nothing wrong with that. I don't think your an idiot for posting what you think. I just don't believe it. That is all.

Prophet
09-21-2005, 03:04 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

Hypothesis: Stealing plays has led to the 0-2 start for the Vikings

Person A's Assumptions:

A) Most coaches cover their faces when calling plays.

B) Tice does not cover his face when calling plays

Conclusion: The problem is people are stealing the Vikings plays causing them to lose.

Person B's Assumptions:

A) Play calling/codes are complex.

B) Opposing team would need to learn their own schemes plus the other teams' plays and execute them.

C) Time is limited between plays.

Conclusion: The theory does not hold up.

Early on in this thread I laid out the argument with no comments of my own. Read option A and option B and make your own conclusion. It appears to me people fall into one of the two groups. To me, the more logical conclusion is option b (but, just in case, cover up your trap Tice!). :grin:

6-KINGS
09-21-2005, 03:43 PM
TopSeed I warned ya.
Del Rio is one freakin sharp cookie.
He is smart, knowledgeable and quick with wit.
To tangle on a personnel level with him is a huge task.

You must read everything he writes and read between the lines with Del.
He will set you up just to chop your ass down.
Despite what you may think Del is a great guy with a huge heart of gold.
If you go for the jugular on him, you will pay big time.

Now Del will debate anyone but you had better get your facts and argument straight before entering the ring with him.
Humor goes a long way with Del and can temper his response.
But to to go full throttle on at him like you did is fruitless.

Like my Pappy always says, you can catch more flies with sugar than with vinegar.

I suggest you extend the olive branch and patch this up.
I should know I have done the same thing here on several occasions.
Remember you only hurt your standing here.
Del is a cornerstone member. He sits in one of the BIG chairs.
And that is just the way it is.

6-KINGS

Prophet
09-21-2005, 04:14 PM
Top_Speed is the owner of a fun business: (Click here). (http://www.gokartsrus.com/) The battles, perceived or real, can be taken out on the track. Let the games begin.

Del Rio
09-21-2005, 04:19 PM
Does anybody know if you can trade in old 4-Wheelers? I have 3 four wheelers.

Two of them are Honda Ranchers that are only like 5 years old but I want to upgrade to something a bit more up to date. They are all paid off, but I am wondering if I could get something for them in a trade value.

Maybe you just have to sell them privately. I also have a 2005 Raptor that I almost kill myself on everytime I ride it. My wife would love to see me trade that in for a bear of a machine that could climb verticle cliffs while hauling 800lbs of elk.

Info?

Vikes
09-21-2005, 04:39 PM
Why would they need to use lip readers. Tice will tell you in the press conference what his game plan will be. Randy Ratio, Chicago is a tough guy town you need to run the ball. Just listen to Tice he will tell you 9 times out of 10 what he plans to do. Lip readers are used to confirm he is sticking with his plan. He told you this week he plans to go down with the ship.

Last "Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Tice said that TE Jermaine Wiggins did not get enough balls thrown his way during the Week 2 game."

MEN WE STAY THE COURSE.

Prophet
09-21-2005, 04:47 PM
"Vikes" wrote:

Why would they need to use lip readers. Tice will tell you in the press conference what his game plan will be. Randy Ratio, Chicago is a tough guy town you need to run the ball. Just listen to Tice he will tell you 9 times out of 10 what he plans to do. Lip readers are used to confirm he is sticking with his plan. He told you this week he plans to go down with the ship.

Last "Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Tice said that TE Jermaine Wiggins did not get enough balls thrown his way during the Week 2 game."

MEN WE STAY THE COURSE.

How true. I guess once you get the lip readers on the payroll it's tough to get them off. The lip readers union is a tough bunch.

cajunvike
09-21-2005, 05:08 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Does anybody know if you can trade in old 4-Wheelers? I have 3 four wheelers.

Two of them are Honda Ranchers that are only like 5 years old but I want to upgrade to something a bit more up to date. They are all paid off, but I am wondering if I could get something for them in a trade value.

Maybe you just have to sell them privately. I also have a 2005 Raptor that I almost kill myself on everytime I ride it. My wife would love to see me trade that in for a bear of a machine that could climb verticle cliffs while hauling 800lbs of elk.

Info?

I'll trade ya...I have 4 old Honda 3-wheelers from the 1970s. Seems like an even trade from my perspective....12 wheels for 12 wheels...you could even open your own 3-wheeler museum...and the wife would be happy because you would be safe AND making some pocket money from all the tourists that would come to visit! :lol:

Del Rio
09-21-2005, 05:10 PM
I took a ride on a three wheeler once, I have the scars to proove it lol.

6-KINGS
09-21-2005, 05:12 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I took a ride on a three wheeler once, I have the scars to proove it lol.

I once road a girl in a wheel chair. I have the scars from that too!
LOL

VKG4LFE
09-21-2005, 06:38 PM
I knew this thread would go somewhere in that direction 6-kings after all the "riding" was being typed!! lol

Top_Speed
09-21-2005, 06:57 PM
"UTVikfan" wrote:

It is truly sad to me that someone with a valid premise gets shot down for nothing more than ego. I also noticed our staff doesn't cover their lips this week (this is no exuse for not winning, but that has been ignored numerous times) ...and I can remember the first one I saw do that. None other then Mr. Chuckie Gruden. Back in the was it 90's everyone got a laugh out of it. Now everyone does it. To me its not hard to figure, and I think the abuse was excessive and very undeserved. But that's my opinion. We bash Vikes fans now, cause we are outta GBfans?

I respect your opinion (I should right?) and you did mine, and others wheather with or against. I truely didn't get the respect from Mr. Rio when this post 1st started. Making fun and jokes and trying to make me look foolish? Come on, I don't waste my time especially in this manor. I will admit I played his game a bit too far.

For the (complete) comments on what was said in this thread and to actually understand please read from the beginning, not bits & pieces copy & pasted or half commented. You will see his child remarks (and some of mine coming back at which I said I carried his game too far!)

In several posts atached with this thread I have had some agree saying "it could happen" and others saying "no way can this ever happen". I respect their comments (both ways) and everyone should be able to post theirs if they wish(ed). Never once did I bash a negative response from anyone except the rude and childness remarks of Rio. I did give it back, some V-fans may have taken it the wrong way but I guess there's always the glass being half empty of half full?

"RK" wrote:

Man thats a lot of :violent3: for 29 posts TopSpeed. :razz:

I think you two should take a page from Casper and try to just say it with smilies. :wink:

With all respect to you, this number means absolutely nothing. If Mike Tice joins here with 1 post, does that mean he can't speak his words? Of course not. By the by, I run a Forum (administrator) and have mega responses and when I answer a post in no means do I put myself ahead of anybody else or think I have more power than them period.

Now if anyone doesn't understand this simple statement? It simply means those numbers don't mean zip. But if you think it does (opinions are OK here too!) then go ahead and believe that. (nothing more be said from me)

Well bottom line still is, it could be happening -or- it could not be. If it is, we should take provisions, if not fine we'll go on like we are. Everyone can look at it the way they want and that's fine and respected by me. But.... respond back with an eight year olds mentality and chilness comments?, I will use the "content worthy" words again.

So have the wise guys learned anything? Probably not, well Forum moderators know that good content and opinions are what make up the grunt of a "content worthy" Forum (encapsulated threads and posts within). There goes that darn set of words again (CW)! This means agreeing and NOT (but with some sort of respect). If this site is a joke to post something that may be happening (or maybe not) then it becomes a waste of a working mans time (me:). We'll leave those Forums w/ bashing threads that love to fight (I call them Jerry Springer sites) out of this sites future. (No Mr Rio, I have never even hit on those sites by the way).

Well I know it's hard to pickup on everything here but really you should start off with the innocent beginning (if even still interested!)

Another misconception is some thought that this was a fix or solution to our present problem. Absolutly not. Never once was this mentioned as a possible (losing streak) problem. Just a general overview of a comment my friend made in Sarasota that this could be happening. Remember?

Thanks for your time, I know it's been drawn out.
-Speed ....Go Purple! Get-R-Straight (end) Out!

JDogg926
09-21-2005, 07:07 PM
Man, do we have some stubborn people on this site. I can see this thread going to 30+ pages simply because Del Rio and Top_Speed won't let the other get the last word in. Kind of reminds me of that old show 'Last Word' with Jim Rome, and that other guy who Jim Rome apparently got the last word on.

RK.
09-21-2005, 07:09 PM
After reading Del's essay I couldn't help thinking that there must be a lawyer joke in there somewhere but I haven't had enough coffee yet to come up with it. LOL

cajunvike
09-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Stick around, Top_Speed....we aren't so bad! You MAY have appeared to come on strong to start off...and when that happens, the vets on this board tend to challenge that type of behavior...it's no knock on you or any others...it's just that our vets get defensive when a new poster appears to come in with guns blazing. By no means should you not voice your opinions here...in fact, we encourage it...but be prepared to be challenged to defend those opinions to the fullest. Neither side of the ensuing argument may be totally correct, but the debate will be lively nonetheless. Personal attacks should be either kept to a minimum or followed by a laughing smiley so that we all know that you are just razzing someone. The preceding rule is thrown out the window if the poster that you are attacking is a Packer troll, however. :lol:

BTW, I can tell that you are a techie...your spelling and grammar are atrocious! :lol: But that is for another thread! :lol:

Del Rio
09-21-2005, 07:20 PM
No retorts left from me, I said what I wanted to say. I gave all my posts in their entirety before I was attacked. That's all for me, as far as I am concerned it is over.

6-KINGS
09-21-2005, 07:32 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

No retorts left from me, I said what I wanted to say. I gave all my posts in their entirety before I was attacked. That's all for me, as far as I am concerned it is over.

Over! Did you say over?!
Nothing is over til we say it's over!
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!
Hell no!

:wink:

Del Rio
09-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Well the thread is not over :grin: The argument is. I mean in between the pissing contest we have wheel chair loving, 3 wheeler trades, I mean I would like to hear more about this lovin 6 Kings......was the wheel chair normal or was it an advanced motorized one.....it's important.

ultravikingfan
09-21-2005, 10:29 PM
"UTVikfan" wrote:

To me its not hard to figure, and I think the abuse was excessive and very undeserved. But that's my opinion. We bash Vikes fans now, cause we are outta GBfans?

I don't know, the cospiracy premise was a little hard not to joke around with.

"cajunvike" wrote:

BTW, I can tell that you are a techie...your spelling and grammar are atrocious! :lol: But that is for another thread! :lol:

I am in the engineering field. I have noticed that most of my coworkers and instructors speeling and grammar is bad.

You know what we say, "We can't write or spell, but we sure can count and do math!"

Top_Speed
09-21-2005, 11:41 PM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

TopSeed I warned ya.
Del Rio is one freakin sharp cookie.
He is smart, knowledgeable and quick with wit.
To tangle on a personnel level with him is a huge task.

You must read everything he writes and read between the lines with Del.
He will set you up just to chop your jiggly butt down.
Despite what you may think Del is a great guy with a huge heart of gold.
If you go for the jugular on him, you will pay big time.

Now Del will debate anyone but you had better get your facts and argument straight before entering the ring with him.
Humor goes a long way with Del and can temper his response.
But to to go full throttle on at him like you did is fruitless.

Like my Pappy always says, you can catch more flies with sugar than with vinegar.

I suggest you extend the olive branch and patch this up.
I should know I have done the same thing here on several occasions.
Remember you only hurt your standing here.
Del is a cornerstone member. He sits in one of the BIG chairs.
And that is just the way it is.

6-KINGS

Not worried about any verbal fights with this kid, if I have to put a diaper on him because he so "fragile" like you insist then I will. If he wants me to physically put it on I will do that too, bring it on! there are maps and much more to find my store and me, and yes that is one of my sites (http://www.gokartsrus.com)that was posted, also my Forum is here! (http://www.gokartsrus.com/go-kart_forum/index.php) I'm sure if you review some (or any) of the posts you'll see plenty of free great advice, plenty of respect given at any level member. Never arguements with people that like to twist your words and make things sound to their advantage. When we kids we used to play the story game where as you would tell a short story at one end of the line and see how diiferent it ends up at the other end. hmmmmmm! does that hit the nail on the head.

I also have 5 other sites that I own and run, do all the programming myself, bragging? no, but I felt U should follow up a bit more (for the response about 2 to 3 posts ago)

Hey.. I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE!. You got machine guns? bring em on, I have buds in the Reserves with C4 (get my drift?), it's not about muscle or power (I put this in here because you said you take bigger ships than guys my size) Fine, I said then.. you are the biggest a-hole i have ever chatted with. Dude... IT'S ALL ABOUT RESPECT, and you RIO have none! I am on several town & city planning boards, even board of directors for development. You would think if I'm the hard head here I would have endless mind games & dealings with those stuffed shirts I have to deal with wouldn't ya? None ever. And certainly not like you dude, your the gem of any Forum I have ever been around.

Was the above my resume?, NO (I got about 2 miles worth of ms_word or .txt or .xls files on me for that, yes you all are spared. Even I am bored with all that and not posting this because it's actaully none of your business frankly! (and I don't want anybody to post theirs like the height weight thingy) ...I'm sure they will but we can have fun with it!). Joke-ing is fine, not when you belittle someone to make you look bigger (not actual physical size Rio) and someone else look smaller.

Rio, I went back and looked at alot of your posts throughout this site. You are a wise ass period. You think your better than others just how you respond to their posts. I agree with 6 Kings, you have to treated with kid gloves because if not you pick a war with them. I see most don't waste their time with you (I probably shouldn't either! lol) Maybe your really God (god I hope not!) but playing it when your really not will get you nowhere. Now if your really this OK guy, start showing it!

Well I'm sure we have some well established and very smart business folks probably even some Doctors & Lawyers and hopefully the most respected "everyday blue collar worker" that keeps this country moving.

Rio, I guess I don't speak your language and that's cool, I have things to do other than talk in circles with you. If I personally ran this php powered Forum, you would be banned until some respectful text would come from your keyboard. (lol. I'm playing with ya!) see.... I tell you when I'm messing, get it? I would welcome you here, I think everybody really likes you in a certain way. I'm feeling some love right now....

So verbal war with this Rio? I think not (plus I really have no diapers). Actaully I have much better things (that's the only reason I thru in some of my business dealings) and I hope anybody else that responds to this wacko from the 3rd ward has better things to do also. As far as I'm concerned this post has exhausted itself.

Let's think postitive. I'm worried about our upcoming team prep and game film study of Narwlins (New Orleans for us Northern folk). We need execution from every position, some luck woudn't hurt either :grin:

KJ
(Speed out!)

Webby
09-21-2005, 11:48 PM
Okay kids, recess is over. Dodgeball is done.

I think KJ comes on a little strong for a newb, despite his claims to greatness. (my resume makes him look like a kid in a sandbox, hahaha.....well, just teasin KJ). Everyone relax, and we'll all be fine.

Del's teasing is hard to detect sometimes.