PDA

View Full Version : Lee Suggs

BlowuptheDome
09-19-2005, 06:17 PM
Obviously the Vikes running game needs to improve. Michael Bennett isn't cutting it and Mewelde can't block. I hear Lee Suggs is available now that Droughns is starting. Vikes and Cleveland have already traded once this year why not another.

Mr. Purple
09-19-2005, 06:19 PM
I'll take almost anyone right now besides bennett. whata bum, and to think i wasted 80 bucks on your jersey!

Del Rio
09-19-2005, 06:20 PM
I really don't think Lee Suggs is the answer, I would rather have Bennett and Moore then Suggs. Of course who knows.........

Mr. Purple
09-19-2005, 06:24 PM
ya idk if hes the "answer" but right now bennett makes it seem like any other RB but him is better

Prophet
09-19-2005, 06:25 PM
I still think they can weather the storm with the existing RBs. Kleinsasser is back and can single-handedly blow open holes that were started by the o-line. They cannot back off from their game plan because of a mistake or two. I don't care if we have Priest Holmes as our starting RB, if he only gets a couple of touches he isn't going to do anything. This week our RBs had another combined 12 touches on the ground (Bennett 3, Moore 8, and Williams 1). No running back, regardless of how good they are, will consistently perform when they are rarely given the ball. With the coaching staff we have now it isn't too hard to see that if you stuff the run early in the game the team will be one-dimensional. The way it is right now, beating the Vikings is on par with me beating my three-year old son in Chess.

Mr. Purple
09-19-2005, 06:29 PM
well see we came out running the ball like we knew we had to do, bennett fumbled it and they got the ball...now tice and them could have said get in there memo get outta there bennett...but they STUCK with bennett...cuz even the best backs fumble. Regaurdless if daunte saw a blitz or knew the play wasnt going to work...bennett fumbled again. no matter what hes gotta hold that ball. Right then and there I gave up on the guy. I dont wanna go out and try and find a "ok " running back right now and just waste more money....but next years draft or free agency....we need a big time RB without a doubt.

VKG4LFE
09-19-2005, 06:31 PM
I say just bench bennett and let our young guys run the ball. I don't think we need to trade for another unproven guy. Maybe bennett straight up for Suggs, that's it.

michaelmazid
09-19-2005, 07:36 PM
Start Fiason if you have too. We need some new life and Fason is hungry to do well. He is got a wife and a kid to support.

Del Rio
09-19-2005, 07:42 PM
Get Tony Sutton from free agency.

ultravikingfan
09-19-2005, 10:40 PM
Suggs is not that good. At least up here he is not.

and_one_
09-19-2005, 11:35 PM
Our running game will be fine, led by Moore. Once Culpepper can start throwing more accurately, it will force the defense to stop putting 8 men in the box making it much easier for our guys to run.

V4L
09-19-2005, 11:38 PM
Bennett just can't seem to get everything right.. he actually broke some tackles yesterday and got some good runs but he couldn't hang on to the ball.. If he could stay healthy.. Do what he did yesterday constintly while holding the ball he would be good.. But on the topic I wouldn't take Lee Suggs.. He hasn't really done anything

mnjamie
09-19-2005, 11:39 PM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

I'll take almost anyone right now besides bennett. whata bum, and to think i wasted 80 bucks on your jersey!

Ouch WofT ... that hurts !!! Put it on E-Bay or see if you can trade it for David Carr jersey ... even that would be a step up at least ... :cheers:

PurplePeopleEaters
09-19-2005, 11:41 PM
We don't need Suggs. Suggs is no better than what we have now. Start Fason if we are that concerned with the running game or as I have said before, make Jimmy into a FB or get one in FA to lead block. I think the main problem right now is blocking rather than the RB's themselves.

ShanePurpleBlood
09-19-2005, 11:43 PM
Suggs sucks, we need people to block and better play calling.

COJOMAY
09-19-2005, 11:48 PM
Ya-da, Ya-da, Ya-da
And the beat goes on. Let's get this guy or that guy. If you all had your way we'd be trading away the entire team.
We had a decent team last year. Not a great one but a decent one. Everyone agreeded that the off-season pickups were just what we needed and praised them. Now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon to get other players. My what a fickle bunch of fans.
The problem does not lie with the players my friend, it lies with the coaching staff and especially the loss of a great offensive coordinator who was really the "head" coach.