PDA

View Full Version : M. Bennett

magicci
09-19-2005, 05:37 AM
i know bennett fumbled twice in this game, but i still wouldn't have taken him out. He was doing good before he was taking out those three rushes for 36 yards. He started out looking like he was going to have a good game. So in my mind taking Michael out was kind of a bad decision.

mnvikes61
09-19-2005, 05:39 AM
i totally agree with you magicci, the first fumble was his problem but the 2nd one was a really poor decision by pep to follow thru with the screen when he couldn't even see Bennet. Bennet was ripping it up and it would have let Pep ease into the game quicker than having him start having to start throwing it almost every down.

natethegreat
09-19-2005, 05:39 AM
i know he had some good rushes but those two fumbles started our whole day off like crap, i think if you take those fumbles away it would be a whole different game because that first drive was going preety good until he coughed it up, so i was ok with MB getting benched

Mr. Purple
09-19-2005, 05:40 AM
ya, in this case you can really argue this both ways. I for one am just fed up with him. I really think hes had his chances to earn the number 1 spot and blown em, and we need to look in a differnt direction. I would give him one more at home, on turf and see what he does, and if he cant produce this week...then bye all means tice, stop the man crush and bench em.

Ltrey33
09-19-2005, 05:41 AM
Those 2 fumbles killed us. We were driving and had good flow up until that point. He deserved to be take out, IMO.

magicci
09-19-2005, 05:41 AM
but how can you bench your playmakers? Bennett was being a playmaker early on except for those fumbles. I know when Daunte makes those mistakes you dont wanna bench him. Its just a rough day.

mnvikes61
09-19-2005, 05:45 AM
i know most of you guys are big Moore guys, but Bennet was ripping it up at the beginning of the game. the fumble really hurt us, but after that we totally gave up on him for a long time and his confidence was probaly down, that and that horrible screen throw really put him in the doghouse. if we would have left him in the game after the first fumble instead of benching him, he could have had a great game.

i know bennet has had plenty of chances and he's blown most of them. i still think the guy is a really good RB, i think moore slightly edges him out, but bennet has something that nobody on our team, except maybe Williamson and that is some homerun speed.

michaelmazid
09-19-2005, 06:27 AM
you guys can't be serious? those two fumbels cost us 14 points. He sucks real bad and he is gonna spend the rest of the season on the bench.

hovan
09-19-2005, 06:31 AM
True. If they would have left Bennett in the game, then maybe he would have had the next 3 turnovers and the BRING MOSS BACK, BENCH PEP, FIRE TICE threads would be all KILL BENNETT!!

magicci
09-19-2005, 06:31 AM
so are you saying daunte should spend the rest of the season on the bench as well??

mnjamie
09-19-2005, 06:37 AM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

you guys can't be serious? those two fumbels cost us 14 points. He sucks real bad and he is gonna spend the rest of the season on the bench.

Bennett is done in Tice's eyes. Just look at it, Tice stuck up for him all offseason, Bennett said he "Owes" his team a good season and then makes Tice look like an even bigger Meathead. Then Tice makes him the starter for the first 2 games and Bennett pisses his opportunity away and hasn't showen anything for over 2 years??? Bennett just got Hovan's spot on the bench where he was last year ... Get it warm Bennett and get comfortable, your gonna be there for awhile.

hovan
09-19-2005, 06:42 AM
"magicci" wrote:

so are you saying daunte should spend the rest of the season on the bench as well??

I want to make Daunte see better. Maybe he needs glasses. Can we all chip in and buy Daunte some glasses and Bennett some sticky gloves?

BigEasyViking
09-19-2005, 06:48 AM
"magicci" wrote:

but how can you bench your playmakers? Bennett was being a playmaker early on except for those fumbles. I know when Daunte makes those mistakes you dont wanna bench him. Its just a rough day.

Alright, first off there is a pretty big difference between Daunte and Bennett in the fact that C-pepp has actually shown us that he can make plays in the last two years. Bennett has done nothing but suck and get injured. I have given Bennett the benefit of the doubt but it really is getting old. Take a seat Mr. Bennett and lets let Mewelde and Moe run the show. I understand that it isn't all his fault that we lost the game but he has just continually shown that he isn't the same back that we drafted. We can possibly put Bennett on Kick or Punt returns but I don't want him as our feature back any more.

magicci
09-19-2005, 07:06 AM
when was the last time bennett had a "Full" game to prove himself? it was against the packers and look how good he proved to be that game. I bet if Tice would have let him play the whole game he would have done better today.

UTVikfan
09-19-2005, 07:08 AM
I am a Bennett guy, but he belonged on the pine yesterday. He is not fumble prone. I don't know what happened, but it was ugly. Mewelde really showed nothing in there though. He ran tough, right into the pile. Did he even catch a pass? Oh well. Pep ain't doing much better. But he needed the reps. He WILL get outta his slump. Personally I am hoping they do start Bennett next week. If he has suddenly turned into Ahman Green, fine bench him for good. But every time Mewelde has his chance, he blows it. Just as well wait one more game for MM to blow it again.

hovan
09-19-2005, 07:09 AM
Magicci, we are going to have to change your name to Bennett Whore. What will it take to lose the Mancrush on #23.

mnvikes61
09-19-2005, 07:10 AM
Moore didnt impress me at all today, on and off the field. on the field didn't seem like he was working with the blocks well, and off the field he was ripping daunte a new one on perhaps his worst day, i don't care how long Moore has been on the team, until he proves something he can't say jack to pep only the coaches and other leaders on the team can.

OaklandVike
09-19-2005, 07:12 AM
"UTVikfan" wrote:

I am a Bennett guy, but he belonged on the pine yesterday. He is not fumble prone. I don't know what happened, but it was ugly. Mewelde really showed nothing in there though. He ran tough, right into the pile. Did he even catch a pass? Oh well. Pep ain't doing much better. But he needed the reps. He WILL get outta his slump. Personally I am hoping they do start Bennett next week. If he has suddenly turned into Ahman Green, fine bench him for good. But every time Mewelde has his chance, he blows it. Just as well wait one more game for MM to blow it again.

when did he blow a chance? Last year when he averaged 5.8 yds/carry? Not a fare assesment after today, he only ran like 8 times.

magicci
09-19-2005, 07:12 AM
Have any of our freaking running backs done anything better? yea moore came in didnt fumble but did he really help at all. Bennett was showing the vision today that he was lacking in the past losing a few tackles. He was beggining to show everything you people wanted him to show. He made one bad move in spinning in traffic the other fumble wasnt his fault. And if Bennett was doing that stuff with our current o-line imagine what he could do with a real online instead of the "replacements"!

mnvikes61
09-19-2005, 07:16 AM
"magicci" wrote:

Have any of our freaking running backs done anything better? yea moore came in didnt fumble but did he really help at all. Bennett was showing the vision today that he was lacking in the past losing a few tackles. He was beggining to show everything you people wanted him to show. He made one bad move in spinning in traffic the other fumble wasnt his fault. And if Bennett was doing that stuff with our current o-line imagine what he could do with a real online instead of the "replacements"!
i'm not a big bennett guy but i definate agree with you on this magic, like i said earlier moore really bothered me this game.

mnvikes61
09-19-2005, 07:17 AM
"magicci" wrote:

i'm not a big bennett guy but i definate agree with you on this magic, like i said earlier moore really bothered me this game.

BigEasyViking
09-19-2005, 07:19 AM
"magicci" wrote:

By the time Moore came into the game today we were down by 27 points and weren't running the ball any more. I hate to throw Bennett under the bus but really how many more bad outtings do you need to see until you give up on this guy? I don't know if Moore is the answer either but I do know that Bennett has had his chances and hasn't shown me anything. I think that the coaching staff has seen enough as well!

OaklandVike
09-19-2005, 07:19 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

"magicci" wrote:

Our QB's 8 INT's and 2 fumbles really bothered me in the past two games! How can you judge MM on 8 carries?

mnvikes61
09-19-2005, 07:20 AM
scroll up, not only his onfield performance but his off field performance as well.
by the way i never said i was pleased with Pep's performance either :roll:
Bennet had something like 40 yards on 4 carries, that's 10 yards a pop, how can you judge him by one bad play and then getting benched, last week he only got like 5 carries, how could we judge him by that either.

magicci
09-19-2005, 07:22 AM
When Bennett was in there in the beginning our offense was running real smooth in the beginning. But with Bennett on the field he can make a run gain as much yards as a pass, and work wonders with the screen.

OaklandVike
09-19-2005, 07:23 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

scroll up, not only his onfield performance but his off field performance as well.

I remember CC doing the same, sometimes the truth hurts. They're just trying to light a fire under him.

mnvikes61
09-19-2005, 07:25 AM
yah but Cris Carter was a leader of the offense, Memo couldn't hold cc jock strap. HUGE difference

OaklandVike
09-19-2005, 07:25 AM
"magicci" wrote:

When Bennett was in there in the beginning our offense was running real smooth in the beginning. But with Bennett on the field he can make a run gain as much yards as a pass, and work wonders with the screen.

I'm not an anti bennetite, just don't get why you dislike MM

OaklandVike
09-19-2005, 07:28 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

yah but Cris Carter was a leader of the offense, Memo couldn't hold cc jock strap. HUGE difference

did you here daunte in the press conference? We didn't play well, WE didn't execute...George Bush school of leadership graduate. At least last week MW took the blame for the last pick and on a badly thrown pass. That's leadership.

magicci
09-19-2005, 07:28 AM
i dont dislike moore. but i just really thought Bennett was showing some upside today.

OaklandVike
09-19-2005, 07:29 AM
"magicci" wrote:

i dont dislike moore. but i just really thought Bennett was showing some upside today.

he does show flashes of brilliance. and I'll give you the hard to be consistant if you don't get reps.

mnvikes61
09-19-2005, 07:31 AM
"OaklandVike" wrote:

"mnvikes61" wrote:

did you here daunte in the press conference? We didn't play well, WE didn't execute...George Bush school of leadership graduate. At least last week MW took the blame for the last pick and on a badly thrown pass. That's leadership.
no i didn't hear the press conference but to compare Moore for getting in Pep's face and to try and compare it to Carter getting in a QBs face. doesn't have quite the same presence. i'm not anti-moore, but in this particular game, bennett was doing more damange than moore was.

OaklandVike
09-19-2005, 07:33 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

"OaklandVike" wrote:

"mnvikes61" wrote:

no i didn't hear the press conference but to compare Moore for getting in Pep's face and to try and compare it to Carter getting in a QBs face. doesn't have quite the same presence. i'm not anti-moore, but in this particular game, bennett was doing more damange than moore was.

true he did more damage... two fumbles. just kidding, i know what you mean

mnvikes61
09-19-2005, 07:39 AM
when bennett is running good he can take up huge chunks of yards. he probaly will never be a consistent back, but if he's feeling and running like he was today we should ride him til he gets tired.

moore is more of a consistent back, he'll get the 3 to 5 yards a carry, but i really can't see him break a 50+ run, he's good at running after the initial hit but i think he lacks the homerun speed that bennet has.

UTVikfan
09-19-2005, 07:40 AM
Bennett did look good. But two fumbles? He rides the pine. MM? What I saw with him and Pep. on the sideline, don't work for me either, Magicci. Nice post there, and thanks for reminding me.

MM had his chance? Ummm, he coulda shoulda last year, but got injured. He coulda shoulda in preseason, but didn't do anything, and got injured. He coulda shoulda this game, but he didn't do anything and was confronting Dante on the sideline. I am sure he coulda shoulda in training camp and in practice too. If he HAD lit them on fire, he would BE the starter.

VegasLadyJae
09-19-2005, 07:42 AM
M. Bennett; nice guy, but he can't keep getting injured and making mistakes after mistakes and pouting when he is the one who screwed up.

magicci
09-19-2005, 07:43 AM
have you ever seen Bennett confront Daunte? Even after bennets second fumble you knew bennett was like "wtf" when daunte passed him the ball on that screen. He knew Daunte set him up for that, although not on purpose so bennett tried to do what he could with that play. But he didnt call out Daunte out on that play did he?

mnvikes61
09-19-2005, 07:44 AM
i'm glad i'm not the only one who had a problem with Moore blowing up at Pepper. i don't really recall bennett having a fumbling problem so this could be more of a one game case. the only other option we have is Fason who is a rookie, i'd be very nervous about that because of our protection problems already, also he didn't really show anything very impressive over the preseason except a couple of flashes of brillance, but it was many cutbacks.

mnvikes61
09-19-2005, 07:46 AM
"VegasLadyJae" wrote:

M. Bennett; nice guy, but he can't keep getting injured and making mistakes after mistakes and pouting when he is the one who screwed up.
the only time i heard he got upset was when he got benched for making one mistake, everybody should at least get one mistake. look at culpepper he's made mistake after mistake, i know there is a difference he's the QB and bennett is the RB. if we're having trouble with our offense though we should bench the one player that seemed to be consistently getting yards for us(at least in this game).

OaklandVike
09-19-2005, 07:50 AM
"UTVikfan" wrote:

Bennett did look good. But two fumbles? He rides the pine. MM? What I saw with him and Pep. on the sideline, don't work for me either, Magicci. Nice post there, and thanks for reminding me.

MM had his chance? Ummm, he coulda shoulda last year, but got injured. He coulda shoulda in preseason, but didn't do anything, and got injured. He coulda shoulda this game, but he didn't do anything and was confronting Dante on the sideline. I am sure he coulda shoulda in training camp and in practice too. If he HAD lit them on fire, he would BE the starter.

yaeh I guess the 6.3 yds/carry in preseason just doesn't cut it. oh yeah and getting injured never seen that from bennet? who should try to fire up daunte...no more birk, no other leaders.

magicci
09-19-2005, 07:51 AM
but also to tell you the truth i would be pissed if moore started next week. who else didnt feel good seeing bennett excell at the beginning of the game??

mnvikes61
09-19-2005, 07:54 AM
if i recall right, Moore's numbers are a little slanted cuz he had that one really long run against the chiefs. probaly the worst D team that we saw in the Preseason. moore has no room to talk to Pep point, blank period.

Birk is a leader! Carter was a leader! R.Smith was a leader! these guys have proven time and time again that you can ride them and they'll get you a W or keep you in the game. moore hasn't done anything to consider himself a leader, he's a 2nd year running back that has a problem coming back from injuries. don't make him out to be the savior to our team because he might be a little more consistent than Bennett

midgensa
09-19-2005, 07:54 AM
I thought benching Bennett was a mistake and I was at the game live ... he was hitting holes and even dipping his shoulder early ... without him and a certain WR from our past we looked REALLY slow ... he averaged over 5 yards a carry last year and Tice never stuck with him ... until he gets a full game, I think he should be the starter ...

OaklandVike
09-19-2005, 07:55 AM
"magicci" wrote:

but also to tell you the truth i would be pissed if moore started next week. who else didnt feel good seeing bennett excell at the beginning of the game??

I hope he kicks @ss, I'm not against Bennett, just don't get the MM hating.

VegasLadyJae
09-19-2005, 07:55 AM
mnvikes61, Just tired of every single week Bennet has some kind of problem...... Try Fason by week 6. Didn't he catch a pass today?

magicci
09-19-2005, 07:56 AM
yea and about the consistent thing. how can you call bennett inconsistent when you dont consistently play him. im sorry about ranting on about bennett, but come on.

mnvikes61
09-19-2005, 07:58 AM
i just want a consistent running game. doesn't matter to me if it's bennett, moore, williams, fason, even culpepper. if nothing is working i'd like to see if putting in the rookie can spark our offense, but if he struggled i'd pull him don't want to destroy his confidence.

OaklandVike
09-19-2005, 07:59 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

if i recall right, Moore's numbers are a little slanted cuz he had that one really long run against the chiefs. probaly the worst D team that we saw in the Preseason. moore has no room to talk to Pep point, blank period.

Birk is a leader! Carter was a leader! R.Smith was a leader! these guys have proven time and time again that you can ride them and they'll get you a W or keep you in the game. moore hasn't done anything to consider himself a leader, he's a 2nd year running back that has a problem coming back from injuries. don't make him out to be the savior to our team because he might be a little more consistent than Bennett

???, i never said anything about him being a savior. Someone needs to fire these guys up, I don't care who it is! Daunte isn't a leader either...they need some motivation. If someone isn't doing there job, someone needs to step up. You don't even know what he was saying, it could have been positive.

mnvikes61
09-19-2005, 08:00 AM
"magicci" wrote:

yea and about the consistent thing. how can you call bennett inconsistent when you dont consistently play him. im sorry about ranting on about bennett, but come on.
i'm not saying that bennett isn't more consistent but he is more of big gainers than a constant 4 to 5 yard back. that's all i mean by consistent, even in the year bennett broke out most of it came on big gainers not the consistent small gains.

OaklandVike
09-19-2005, 08:01 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

i just want a consistent running game. doesn't matter to me if it's bennett, moore, williams, fason, even culpepper. if nothing is working i'd like to see if putting in the rookie can spark our offense, but if he struggled i'd pull him don't want to destroy his confidence.

Amen, let's hope we get it next week!

mnvikes61
09-19-2005, 08:02 AM
"OaklandVike" wrote:

"mnvikes61" wrote:

???, i never said anything about him being a savior. Someone needs to fire these guys up, I don't care who it is! Daunte isn't a leader either...they need some motivation. If someone isn't doing there job, someone needs to step up. You don't even know what he was saying, it could have been positive.
see the problem i have with Moore lighting a fire under Pep is that Moore is a 2nd year player and the only time i saw him in Pep's face was after Pep had thrown that interception. it wasn't like Moore was over there when the play didn't involve Moore, it was after a play that got messed up and Moore happened to me in the middle.

OaklandVike
09-19-2005, 08:03 AM
"magicci" wrote:

I already said Bennett needs more reps. You jumped in w/o reading the history on this post.

OaklandVike
09-19-2005, 08:05 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

"OaklandVike" wrote:

"mnvikes61" wrote:

see the problem i have with Moore lighting a fire under Pep is that Moore is a 2nd year player and the only time i saw him in Pep's face was after Pep had thrown that interception. it wasn't like Moore was over there when the play didn't involve Moore, it was after a play that got messed up and Moore happened to me in the middle.

I hear you, just don't see anyone else on the team stepping up.

magicci
09-19-2005, 08:05 AM
i know what you said but im trying to do anything to get my point across, im not aiming my post directly at you. your one of my new favorite posters at this site because your a vikings fan from oakland and i hate the raiders so much, so that makes me respect you.

BigEasyViking
09-19-2005, 08:07 AM
"magicci" wrote:

Your right, he was showing some upside! Unfortunately his two turnovers HURT alot more than his 33 yds of updside helped. We were screwed from that point on. A RB can run for 200 yds but if he has 2 turnovers it's considered a bad game. It is unacceptable. Time for him to sit, or at least earn his starting spot again.

OaklandVike
"magicci" wrote:

i know what you said but im trying to do anything to get my point across, im not aiming my post directly at you. your one of my new favorite posters at this site because your a vikings fan from oakland and i hate the raiders so much, so that makes me respect you.

I respect your opinion. I just see this team lacking any leadership at all, I'm sure that's how MM feels too. It's an emotional game.

mnvikes61
another thing i had a problem with is that it happened late in the game, if i recall he got a couple of plays in there before the wheels had completely fallen off the bus. i didn't see him jumping around and getting people pumped up. i agree somebody has to get the team to spark, but i also think Pep NEEDS to become a leader, in order for this team to excede, doesn't matter if we change schemes, get the best RB and WRs in the world, Pep, ultimately has to get everything together on the field, he throws the passes, he hands the ball off. it all starts with him and the center.

OaklandVike
09-19-2005, 08:09 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

another thing i had a problem with is that it happened late in the game, if i recall he got a couple of plays in there before the wheels had completely fallen off the bus. i didn't see him jumping around and getting people pumped up. i agree somebody has to get the team to spark, but i also think Pep NEEDS to become a leader, in order for this team to excede, doesn't matter if we change schemes, get the best RB and WRs in the world, Pep, ultimately has to get everything together on the field, he throws the passes, he hands the ball off. it all starts with him and the center.

I agree Pep wanted this to be his team....now lead by example!

OaklandVike
09-19-2005, 08:10 AM
gotta work tomorrow, have a good one! Let's hope next week is better!

mnvikes61
09-19-2005, 08:12 AM
take it easy and yes lets hope they do better next week
P.S sorry if i offended you at any point of this topic.

VegasLadyJae
09-19-2005, 08:16 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

So true.....

UTVikfan
09-19-2005, 08:18 AM
Oaklandvike, look at the stats from the preseason game MM started. Not the ones that include his time against the 4th string. He was very marginally better against the first string. And got injured.

Mn61, I agree, I don't care who runs the ball, as long as we do. I still think that Bennett give us the best chance, though.

I hate that I am almost bashing MM. He is a good player, and will hopefully be a part of what works for us. I love how he runs hard as heck. But Bennett just (*cough* usually...) brings more to the table.

magicci
09-19-2005, 08:19 AM
yea me too. i hate to seem like im bashing moore, i love the guy hes a viking and a danr good one, but i still think that bennett has better abilaties and chances to move the offense.

mnvikes61
09-19-2005, 08:20 AM
"UTVikfan" wrote:

Oaklandvike, look at the stats from the preseason game MM started. Not the ones that include his time against the 4th string. He was very marginally better against the first string. And got injured.

Mn61, I agree, I don't care who runs the ball, as long as we do. I still think that Bennett give us the best chance, though.

I hate that I am almost bashing MM. He is a good player, and will hopefully be a part of what works for us. I love how he runs hard as heck. But Bennett just (*cough* usually...) brings more to the table.
yah i'm in the same boat as you with Moore, i don't dislike him as a player i just had a hard time swallowing, him talking to Pep off the field, like he knew something that he didn't(that pep shouldn't have thrown that ball anywhere except out of bounds) seemed really out of character for him, i thought he was a lead by example kind of guy, not a vocal leader at all.

mnvikes61
09-19-2005, 08:22 AM
"magicci" wrote:

yea me too. i hate to seem like im bashing moore, i love the guy hes a viking and a danr good one, but i still think that bennett has better abilaties and chances to move the offense.
yah like i said about Bennett he has homerun speed for sure, i just don't know if he's the RB that can get us 4 to 5 yards a carry on 1st down consistently. he's our only real homerun threat maybe besides Williamson, who once he caught the ball made some pretty good runs.

grpape
09-19-2005, 08:28 AM
Hey guys,
I remember a certain RB who had that same home run ability. He didn't get the consistent four to five yards, but when he got that long run, it was a thing of beauty. Now, I'm not comparing Bennet to Sanders, but according to many of you, they have the same style running. I think Bennet should be starting next week. If he lays an egg, then bench him till he can regain his starting job.

magicci
09-19-2005, 08:31 AM
there is only one other rb back in the world that reminds me of barry sanders and he is still in colleger and that is USC's Reggie Bush. That guy is just amazing. He is the Randy Moss of running backs.

mnvikes61
09-19-2005, 08:33 AM
he has a point about the all or nothing similarity.just don't know if i'd put bennett and sanders in the same sentence. i'd die to have a runner like sanders though, i'd be in hog heaven!

vikesfan
09-19-2005, 08:37 AM
Could someone please explain this MM in the face of DC thing. I must have missed it during the game. Was it like MM was trying to pump up DC or was it more like he was upset with him (as we've seen in the past with carter and moss). I'm really curious because I can't see MM doing this, unless it was some type of RA-RA speech. But reading the posts in this thread, I can't tell whether it was to motivate DC or get on him for his bad play.

Thanks to anyone who saw this and can offer me a little more insight on it. Thanks

Go Vikes!!

mnvikes61
09-19-2005, 08:40 AM
well this happened after Culpepper threw an INT on a screen play, the play wasn't going anywhere and Pep just kind of lofted it into a large area of players. after the play i saw moore talking to Pep, to me it looked like he was upset that Pep threw the ball. To others it looked like he was just trying to spark Pepper up. that's all i can think of, if you got a question on it i'll try and answer it.

enlvikeman
09-19-2005, 12:01 PM
this week coach Tice, then I will have lost all respect for you. Missed blocking assignments, poor routes, and blown coverages...I know not everything is your fault. However your love affair with this track star baffles me. Not everything is Bennets fault either but he is not the bruising back we need.

I was totally against giving up a 2nd rounder for Alexander or Ricky Williams. Now I would give one of my pinky toes for them.

n
Have faith my viking brethren....it's a long season and we have an owner who cares.

sigh :???:

AngloVike
09-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Well I know just throwing money at the team won't be the answer but, as you say, we have an owner who cares. So if it comes down to new coaching staff then they'll be judged on their ability and not how cheap they would work for the Vikes.

I've seen mention made in a couple of places about Bennett complaining after being benched - does anyone have a link to an article about it or was it just on tv/radio ? After his performance yesterday I bet he was helped onto the pine, else he'd have missed it or fallen off if trying to sit by himself !

VKG4LFE
09-19-2005, 04:02 PM
Bennett is done! He is horrible!

Burley81
09-19-2005, 04:09 PM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

"UTVikfan" wrote:

yah i'm in the same boat as you with Moore, i don't dislike him as a player i just had a hard time swallowing, him talking to Pep off the field, like he knew something that he didn't(that pep shouldn't have thrown that ball anywhere except out of bounds) seemed really out of character for him, i thought he was a lead by example kind of guy, not a vocal leader at all.

I don't think he was yelling at him. But it was a pretty stupid decision by Culpepper. All players need to be vocal sometimes (especially on that play.) Nobody likes to lose, I just think that Moore was pissed, but kept it calm. It was dumb by Pep.

Bennett was doing good, untill he fumbled twice. If you are trying to be the workhorse, you CANNOT do that.

magicci
09-19-2005, 04:21 PM
Ahman Green fumbles a lot.