PDA

View Full Version : I think people under estimated the loss of Scott Linehan

DaunteHOF
09-19-2005, 02:36 AM
Miami offense is sizzzling and look at us, that right now looks like the worst loss from the offseason.

dlw23
09-19-2005, 03:55 AM
I completely agree. I think I saw that our offense was in the top 5 in teh league the last 3 years he was here.

Ltrey33
09-19-2005, 03:59 AM
I think I did. I didn't think he was very good at all, but he kept the offense moving, that's for sure. Not sure if it's Linehan or Moss, but one (or both) changed us.

Kdub4MVP
09-19-2005, 04:13 AM
i agree completely, Scott Linehan was atleast somewhat creative with the offense and knew how to put daunte in a position to succeed. Steve loney isnt OC material on a college team let alone and NFL franshise. hes a suberb O- line coach, but hes proven he doesnt kno how to use the weapons hes got which are far better than many teams, even with our RB situation

Mr. Purple
09-19-2005, 04:16 AM
This is a very good point. I will admit, I for one never even gave it a second thought. But in reality losing a genuis like that is almost if not worse then loosing moss. Looney is good at what he does, coaching the line, but not running this offense play for play. I hope this offenisve torture dosnt last too long:(

COJOMAY
09-19-2005, 04:18 AM
Hire Lanehan as coach!

ncviking
09-19-2005, 04:18 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

This is a very good point. I will admit, I for one never even gave it a second thought. But in reality losing a genuis like that is almost if not worse then loosing moss. Looney is good at what he does, coaching the line, but not running this offense play for play. I hope this offenisve torture dosnt last too long:(

I hope Tice doesn't decide to take over the play calling - then again, could it be worse?

Mr. Purple
09-19-2005, 04:22 AM
lol at this point I rather tice run things, I rather Burt Reynolds coach our offense at this point :lol: :lol:

VegasLadyJae
09-19-2005, 04:23 AM
Yep, look what he did for Louisville, look what he did for the Vikings. To me he should be our next head coach. I'm convinced now.

FranklinNoble
09-19-2005, 05:58 AM
I agree - Linehan went to Miami, and took Gus Frerotte with him, and look how well both of them are doing now.

Somebody dial up Mike Ditka...

OaklandVike
09-19-2005, 06:01 AM
he's gone get over it...sound framiliar?

magicci
09-19-2005, 06:03 AM
man all you people who said linehan sucks show yourself please.

mnvikes61
09-19-2005, 06:05 AM
i didn't like linehan! :lol:
no actually i didn't like linehan at all

mnjamie
09-19-2005, 06:07 AM
Loss of :

1) Linehan
2) WR i refuse to name
3) Birk
4) Dave Dixon ... now rookie guard

..... it all adds up, all we can do now is live with it. Good, Bad or however UGLY it gets.

cajunvike
09-19-2005, 06:09 AM
The same thing happened when we lost Billick...I can remember when both of them SUCKED early in their careers for us...then they finally get a clue and go somewhere else and have success...that SUCKS for us!

But we have what we have right now....so Tice is just gonna have to take control and do the heavy lifting himself...if he fails, at least he goes down fighting....if he succeeds, then he will prove that he is a good coach after all...it's ALL on him!

hovan
09-19-2005, 06:10 AM
[quote="mnjamie"]2) WR i refuse to name

quote]

Jamie, I havn't laughed all day untill I read this. Thank You.

fred3105
09-19-2005, 06:21 AM
OR
Nick Saban = the reason why Miami is good
and
Randy Moss= the reason we suck

hovan
09-19-2005, 06:23 AM
"fred3105" wrote:

OR
and

Don't forget that Michigan is now Charlie Weiss' B**ch :shock:

mnvikes61
09-19-2005, 06:24 AM
"fred3105" wrote:

OR
and
:???: what's the connection between Minnesota and Nick Saban, or at you just refering to the fact that good coaching is essential to winning football games?

mnjamie
"hovan" wrote:

"mnjamie" wrote:
[quote]2) WR i refuse to name

quote]

Jamie, I havn't laughed all day untill I read this. Thank You.

anytime hovan ... just pm me, i got a million of them ... j/k lol

mnjamie
"hovan" wrote:

"fred3105" wrote:

OR
and

Don't forget that Michigan is now Charlie Weiss' B**ch :shock:

Ohhhh, ouch ... Zing !!!

hovan
09-19-2005, 06:27 AM
"mnjamie" wrote:

[

Ohhhh, ouch ... Zing !!!

Just trying to cheer you up, get your mind off of the pain.

fred3105
09-19-2005, 06:31 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

"fred3105" wrote:

OR
and
:???: what's the connection between Minnesota and Nick Saban, or at you just refering to the fact that good coaching is essential to winning football games?

The first poster said that Miami's offense is good because of Linehan and I am saying its because of Saban possibly.

hovan
09-19-2005, 06:32 AM
"fred3105" wrote:

"mnvikes61" wrote:

"fred3105" wrote:

OR
and

The first poster said that Miami's offense is good because of Linehan and I am saying its because of Saban possibly.

Yeah, Saban really took it to those Jets today.

fred3105
09-19-2005, 06:37 AM
Why you hating on me go hate on the guy that said our offense sucks because of Linehan. I dont think Saban or Linehan are worth anything.

hovan
09-19-2005, 06:39 AM
"fred3105" wrote:

OR

Hmmm....maybe this is what ticked me off. Or the fact that I hate Michigan and enjoyed watching USC roll them two years ago.

UTVikfan
09-19-2005, 06:45 AM
I am am beginning to understand now how things work. First we hire someone to do something...say the mascot Ragnar. Then, let things lie for a little while. Then EVERYONE is calling for their head. And wants someone else. Then, when they are gone, everyone misses them and says how great they are. We had better fire Ragnar, did you see how he danced on T.V.?

hovan
09-19-2005, 06:48 AM
"UTVikfan" wrote:

I am am beginning to understand now how things work. First we hire someone to do something...say the mascot Ragnar. Then, let things lie for a little while. Then EVERYONE is calling for their head. And wants someone else. Then, when they are gone, everyone misses them and says how great they are. We had better fire Ragnar, did you see how he danced on T.V.?

He's the first to go :twisted:

mnvikes61
09-19-2005, 06:53 AM
"UTVikfan" wrote:

darn he figured out our little system let's get him :lol: just kidding.
sometimes it feels like it doesn't matter who we bring in they'll stink it up, that is a very depressing feeling.

fred3105
09-19-2005, 06:58 AM
"hovan" wrote:

"fred3105" wrote:

OR

Hmmm....maybe this is what ticked me off. Or the fact that I hate Michigan and enjoyed watching USC roll them two years ago.
Bah. It was a half way decent game until on the like 15 John Navvare through a pass off Braylon Edwards foot that was intercepted. After that they were on like the 10 and it got pretty ugly.