PDA

View Full Version : Stadium talks continue



akvikefan89
09-17-2005, 09:08 AM
Vikings officials spent Friday negotiating the final terms of a memorandum of understanding to build a new stadium in Anoka County. The marathon session ended short of an agreement, but details could be worked out as early as Monday. Plans call for a joint announcement to be made by the middle of next week.

The stadium would cost upward of $700 million if it includes a retractable roof. Owner Zygi Wilf has pledged to contribute $250 million, partially through an NFL loan program, while the county plans a sales tax of three quarters of a cent to account for another $240 million. The remainder would come from the state for infrastructure costs.

Darn Zygi, your awesome :grin:

BigEasyViking
09-17-2005, 09:19 AM
ZYGI!!!!! Your my HERO!!!

vikesfan353
09-17-2005, 02:19 PM
That WILL be so awesome! At least Zygi agreed to pony up 1/3 of the cost! I'm liking this guy more and more ever day!

ShanePurpleBlood
09-17-2005, 03:47 PM
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! Go Zygi!

Vikefan79
09-17-2005, 04:46 PM
We may be well on our way to having the best in the NFL

singersp
09-17-2005, 05:05 PM
"Vikefan79" wrote:

We may be well on our way to having the best in the NFL

Oh we will, we will. Zygi wants the best in the NFL & he will have it. He tours the stadiums we play at to find his likes & dislikes. He's going to take the best of all the stadiums & use that to model our new one. It's gotta be retactable though, or we won't see another Super Bowl played in Minnesota. I'm sure Zygi's taking that into consideration.

stek
09-17-2005, 05:07 PM
Zygi just might be the best thing that's happened to our team in a while.

cc21
09-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Thats nice that Zygi is willing to do all this stuff, but I dont want the Vikes to get a new stadium. I would rather have them keep the dome. I love that place. I dont see whats wrong with it.

akvikefan89
09-17-2005, 10:44 PM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

Thats nice that Zygi is willing to do all this stuff, but I dont want the Vikes to get a new stadium. I would rather have them keep the dome. I love that place. I dont see whats wrong with it.

The dome is great. And if it were Zygi's decision he might keep it. But if the Vikes don't get a new stadium, the NFL will re-locate them.

I'm glad he's fighting to keep the Los-Angelis Vikings away.

V4L
09-17-2005, 11:47 PM
I think it's funny that Zygi already has done WAYYYYYYYYYYYY more then Red did in his whole stay.. Im glad Zygi is doing what he is doing and I hope he continues to do so.. I wish we could keep the dome a little though.. I've never gotten to go there except for a Twins game when I was little.. You can't get to a better place for a sporting event i've heard.. Hopefully the Saints relocate so we can keep the dome but im positive that won't happen

smootpepper
09-18-2005, 12:13 AM
Nah, the dome sucks. Its does the job and thats about it. Nothing flashy, nothing great, its just a place to play. I think that building should be torn down or burned or something.

It sucks to watch baseball at and there are too many obstructed view seats for football. Its like going to a wild game, when they torn down the old arena it was hard to see go, but after going to the X to watch a game there is nothing like it in minnesota. You dont even have to be a hockey fan to enjoy a game there, its just the best place I have ever been for a pro sport of any kind. there are no bad seats in the house, you see the action unfold from anywhere, the atmosphere is crazy, just a great place.

Now if the twins can get a stadium built I would definatly go see more twins games. And the vikings, if they do it right, going to a vikings game wont be just about watching the vikings play a game, or how loud the dome gets. it will be more of a total experience. Easy to get around, visually stunning, tailgate party at the stadium, and comfortable to sit in and watch a game. i cant stand watching football indoors, I would love to be outside watching it, sun beating down, snow fall, rain (ok, so maybe they can close the roof for rain).

Man, I really hate the dome after thinking about it.

PurplePeopleEaters
09-18-2005, 12:18 AM
"smootpepper" wrote:

Nah, the dome sucks. Its does the job and thats about it. Nothing flashy, nothing great, its just a place to play. I think that building should be torn down or burned or something.

It sucks to watch baseball at and there are too many obstructed view seats for football. Its like going to a wild game, when they torn down the old arena it was hard to see go, but after going to the X to watch a game there is nothing like it in minnesota. You dont even have to be a hockey fan to enjoy a game there, its just the best place I have ever been for a pro sport of any kind. there are no bad seats in the house, you see the action unfold from anywhere, the atmosphere is crazy, just a great place.

Now if the twins can get a stadium built I would definatly go see more twins games. And the vikings, if they do it right, going to a vikings game wont be just about watching the vikings play a game, or how loud the dome gets. it will be more of a total experience. Easy to get around, visually stunning, tailgate party at the stadium, and comfortable to sit in and watch a game. i cant stand watching football indoors, I would love to be outside watching it, sun beating down, snow fall, rain (ok, so maybe they can close the roof for rain).

Man, I really hate the dome after thinking about it.

I am going for the oct. 23 game (my first one ever). What do you mean by obstructed views?

singersp
09-18-2005, 12:27 AM
Obstructed views or "limited view" are views that are blocked by the concrete pillars in the upper level. For the most part I believe they are all in row 27. Any seat behind that may or may not have a blocked view depending on where your seat is in that section. If you already have your tickets look at the face value on them. If they are limited view it will say so on the ticket. Those tickets have a price on them of $9.90

Ltrey33
09-18-2005, 12:40 AM
Well I certainly hope we get the new digs soon. I always liked the dome though, never really thought there were many bad seats in the house!

JASEMYSTER
09-18-2005, 08:56 AM
When or if the vikes get this stadium Ziggy will recoupe all of the money because a stadium would make the value of the franchise sky rocket through that retractable roof.

NordicNed
09-18-2005, 03:06 PM
I just have to say,

stadium deal? GET UR DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Go Wilf.....

smootpepper
09-19-2005, 09:45 PM
Vikings, Anoka County reach stadium deal
Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
September 19, 2005 STADIUM


The Vikings will announce tomorrow an agreement to build a $675 million stadium and related development in Anoka County.

A press conference has been scheduled for 10 a.m. in Blaine, near the site where new owner Zygi Wilf plans to build the structure, a Vikings team official said.

Wilf and the NFL plan to combine on a $250 million contribution, while Anoka County will provide $240 million through a county-wide sales tax.

The Vikings and Anoka County will ask the state for the nearly $200 million in infrastructure costs.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/1405/5623291.html


Looks like we might be getting a stadium afterall. Well, as long as the state pitches in a couple hundred million.

ShanePurpleBlood
09-19-2005, 09:50 PM
That sounds sweet. Doesn't a stadium at that cost include a retractable roof? I thought I read that somewhere. What are the chances (with Twins and Gophers in the mix) that we get that 200 million though?

JDogg926
09-19-2005, 09:54 PM
A retractable roof would be sweet, but I'd like to see them play some games in snow. Those are the best games to watch.

lukeshkin
09-19-2005, 10:12 PM
F the twins and the gophers the twins are such a piss poor run franchise that they would have trouble selling out a phoe booth the gophers puhleaze they should feel lucky that they get to us the dome they are as crappy a team as it gets i've seen red mccombs run better teams than the gophers

sunny
09-19-2005, 10:41 PM
"lukeshkin" wrote:

F the twins and the gophers the twins are such a piss poor run franchise that they would have trouble selling out a phoe booth the gophers puhleaze they should feel lucky that they get to us the dome they are as crappy a team as it gets i've seen red mccombs run better teams than the gophers

step away from the computer and take a breath.


now dont you feel better

PurplePackerEater
09-20-2005, 05:29 AM
A side note that may only ammuse me:

When I was 15 I used to work within spitting distance of where the new stadium site is. I worked the summer for my Uncles concrete company, but I was too young to be out on the jobs, so I did things around the shop.

Webby
09-20-2005, 06:01 AM
"lukeshkin" wrote:

F the twins and the gophers the twins are such a piss poor run franchise that they would have trouble selling out a phoe booth the gophers puhleaze they should feel lucky that they get to us the dome they are as crappy a team as it gets i've seen red mccombs run better teams than the gophers

I think you need to step up the quality of your posts. LOL

ultravikingfan
09-20-2005, 06:09 AM
"lukeshkin" wrote:

F the twins and the gophers the twins are such a piss poor run franchise that they would have trouble selling out a phoe booth the gophers puhleaze they should feel lucky that they get to us the dome they are as crappy a team as it gets i've seen red mccombs run better teams than the gophers

http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/hands/069.gif

Twins, 3 Divsion titles in the last 3 years? Hmmm. http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/hands/007.gif

The Gophers (they are not a franchise), maybe 1 win away from a top 25 ranking? Hmmm. http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/hands/060.gif

Oh no, not the "phoe booth!" Oh the humanity! http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/laughing/016.gif

What other teams have you seen Red run better? Using a college team does not help you prove your point. http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/hands/073.gif

Nice try though! http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/hands/074.gif

http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/hands/058.gif

Salzy
09-20-2005, 09:09 AM
Zygi will make money when upper level seats are $65 like in Philly. Be prepared.