PDA

View Full Version : i'm afraid of going 1 and 4

zimtwister
09-16-2005, 08:43 PM
i hate to admit that it is a possibility, but it is. i think tice would be gone if that happened.

VegasLadyJae
09-16-2005, 08:49 PM
What is the one win? If we lose Sunday 0-4 very possible. Tice gone.

sureban
09-16-2005, 08:50 PM
"zimtwister" wrote:

i hate to admit that it is a possibility, but it is. i think tice would be gone if that happened.

Not going to happen, 1-4 that is.

Sincerely,
Mark.

PurplePackerEater
09-16-2005, 08:51 PM
We need the "cheer up vikes fans" thread back! :grin:

zimtwister
09-16-2005, 09:16 PM
if we lose sunday its gonna be a tuff first 8 games

ShanePurpleBlood
09-16-2005, 09:36 PM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

We need the "cheer up vikes fans" thread back! :grin:

I second that notion my friend!

ShanePurpleBlood
09-16-2005, 09:37 PM
I refuse to believe that we will be 1-4. I am thinking 4-1!

mnjamie
09-16-2005, 09:41 PM
"zimtwister" wrote:

I can't believe i'm saying this, but .. *gulp* I agree with Zim on this one. If we drop Sundays' game ... it's gonna get real ugly, real fast.

CanadaViking
09-16-2005, 09:45 PM
"zimtwister" wrote:

I'm afraid of the dark!!!

It is also possible that the sky will fall, but who cares about what ifs and maybes!!!

You are a glass is half empty kind of guy. You need to realize that there is a possibility that the Vikes will go 15-1 (I doubt it), the cynical thoughts are just a little too premature.

let's just wait to see after this week before we start predicting 0-4, please.

Cheers!

Mr. Purple
09-16-2005, 10:04 PM
I say if going into our bye week we're at or above a .500 record...then we're sittin good. If we're below and continue the slump after the bye, I know tice will be gone. But I dont see that, this team is way to talented to not have a solid season. 1-4? no way, not happening.

Vikes
09-16-2005, 10:14 PM
I think we will be fine. I'm not worried AT all.

vikesfan353
09-16-2005, 10:21 PM
I just don't see it happening! We should beat the bengals, not much of a secondary! That means we lose to the aints, iants and alcons! I just don't see that happening! The giants have had our # as of lately but that was with a bad "D", which we no longer have! The saints are riding a we have to do it for our town high which will be gone after they loose to the giants!Vick and the falcons are always tough but with our "D" we can stop that offense! I see us at no worse than 3-2 maybee even 4-1!

VKG4LFE
09-16-2005, 10:26 PM
If if's and but's where apples and nuts........ I have no clue how the rest of the saying goes, oh well. We'll be fine.

Caine
09-16-2005, 10:28 PM
Holy Cats!!!!!!

We lose ONE game - primarily due to a bad performance by Daunte - and people are already heading to the fall out shelters? Where is your intestinal fortitude? What happened to all the bold Superbowl predictions of 2 weeks ago? Did my PP.O link maliciously revert to "packerchatters.com"? It's ONE game?

We face Cincinnati, New Orleans, and Atlanta...WHOOP DE DOO!!! Anyone see a team there that we absolutely cannot beat? I certainly don't. I see three teams that will have to bring their "A" games to beat us!!!

This reminds me of those disaster flicks where some crazy lady starts screaming like a banshee at the first sign of trouble. Someone always pops up and slaps her across the face to settle her down. Since, however, this is the internet, I cannot physically slap each of you...so we're going with the honor system here.

Everyone who is worried about the Vikings falling apart, drive to the nearest biker bar, walk up to the biggest, hairiest biker in the place, look him straight in the eye and say, "Wow, you look just like my biatch from Prison".

Please post pictures of yourself so that we all know you've administered the self-therapy as suggested.

Caine

ultravikingfan
09-16-2005, 11:55 PM
"zimtwister" wrote:

1 and 16 is a possibility too, but that aint happening either!

mnjamie
09-17-2005, 03:14 AM
"Caine" wrote:

Holy Cats!!!!!!

We lose ONE game - primarily due to a bad performance by Daunte - and people are already heading to the fall out shelters? Where is your intestinal fortitude? What happened to all the bold Superbowl predictions of 2 weeks ago? Did my PP.O link maliciously revert to "packerchatters.com"? It's ONE game?

We face Cincinnati, New Orleans, and Atlanta...WHOOP DE DOO!!! Anyone see a team there that we absolutely cannot beat? I certainly don't. I see three teams that will have to bring their "A" games to beat us!!!

This reminds me of those disaster flicks where some crazy lady starts screaming like a banshee at the first sign of trouble. Someone always pops up and slaps her across the face to settle her down. Since, however, this is the internet, I cannot physically slap each of you...so we're going with the honor system here.

Everyone who is worried about the Vikings falling apart, drive to the nearest biker bar, walk up to the biggest, hairiest biker in the place, look him straight in the eye and say, "Wow, you look just like my biatch from Prison".

Please post pictures of yourself so that we all know you've administered the self-therapy as suggested.

Caine

The "O" line situation scares me the most. And if not corrected will continue to be a "big" problem and dont see how that can be fixed without better personel ??? Any suggestions ???

fourdoorchevelle
09-17-2005, 04:33 AM
"Caine" wrote:

Caine

wasn't this your fist?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/fourdoorchevelle/familyguy-internet-has-spoken.jpg

Caine
09-17-2005, 06:23 AM
"mnjamie" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

Holy Cats!!!!!!

Caine

The "O" line situation scares me the most. And if not corrected will continue to be a "big" problem and dont see how that can be fixed without better personel ??? Any suggestions ???

Sure, here's a couple of easy ones:

1: 2 Tight End sets. Kleinsasser and Wiggins on the line, one chips and releases, the other stays...or, both release. Either way, we buy a couple of extra seconds for Daunte, and allow the receivers to beat their coverage.

2: Draws and screens: If a defense is crashing consistantly, use that against them. Let them penetrate past the play. Either way, it will slow down the rush.

3: RUN, DAUNTE, RUN!!!! The guy has some wheels, let him spin them a couple of times. This would keep the DE's in containment mode for a bit.

So, off the top of my head I tossed out three suggestions. I'm fairly certain that Tice and Cottrell aren't think enough to miss these, and come up with a few more as well...after all, they do this every day.

Yes, our "O-Line" could be better...but right now, it isn't. So we have to win with what we have. And I, for one, believe that we have enought to win with.

And fourdoorchevelle, if I could do that, there would be a LOT of very suprised people in this world. :twisted:

Caine

sureban
10-07-2005, 08:23 PM
[/quote]

Not going to happen, 1-4 that is.

Sincerely,
Mark.[/quote]

Oh ... CRAP!

Sheepishly,
Mark.

VikinginaCamaro
10-07-2005, 09:52 PM
Bears still have a good defence but maybe Urlocher will get hurt again this week and we won't have to worry about him. We should have some starters back from being hurt as well. I'm positive our D can handle their O. With their QB and D, our D will get more points then our O will.

snowinapril
10-07-2005, 10:16 PM
"Caine" wrote:

I think you are thinking of the movie Airplane, where everyone on the plane gets inline to slap the beyatch.

Classic!

"My Momma didn't raise no dummy"

"I speak Jive"

I think we all picked a bad (week) day to stop sniffing glue.

Ltrey33
10-07-2005, 11:21 PM
I'm afraid of clowns.

viks_fan21
10-08-2005, 12:04 AM
i agree with you guys, lets calm down

Lotza
10-08-2005, 12:43 AM
the world is gonna end! i have linkin Park stuck in my head. damn radio!

MattShortNB81
10-08-2005, 01:18 AM
"mnjamie" wrote:

"zimtwister" wrote:

I can't believe i'm saying this, but .. *gulp* I agree with Zim on this one. If we drop Sundays' game ... it's gonna get real ugly, real fast.

i think its pre' ugly already.. :roll: ..unfortunately

michaelmazid
10-08-2005, 02:07 AM
we'll beat chicago for sure. We'll have 2 weeks to get ready for them. They are not beating us.

bono
10-08-2005, 02:13 AM
mnjamie,
I agree w/ you when you state that if the Vikings lose this week (1-4), it's going to get real ugly really fast. Just think about it: if the Vikings and lose and my Packers win, as well as the Bears/Lions lose, everyone in the North is 1 and either 3 or 4. And we're back at square one. The NFC North is definately for the taking this season. And I, for some reason or another, believe that just maybe, the Packers can take the heart they had in the Panthers game, and let it bleed against the Saints on Sunday. Although the Vikings entered this season as North favorites (due to all the improvements, etc), and Packers at the bottom, after the first four weeks of football, it appears to me that the Packers are a little better than the Vikings. Think about it: outside of game one in which the Packers lost 17-3, the last three games have been lost by no more than 3 points (Browns 26-24; Bucs 17-16; Panthers 32-29), and not to meantion, they've been against some pretty good teams. There are a lot of could'ves-should'ves-would'ves in these three games (e.g.: Bucs: if Longwell's extra point after TD is good, it's tied..ovetime, or if he does that plus his field goal is good, packer win by at least 3). All of these games were winnable for the Packers (a team that was predicted to do little of nothing this season). On the other hand Viking Lovers, you have the Vikings who were so highly praised entering this season, who, outside of coming out victorious against the Saints, have pretty much gotten blown out. Very shocking for a oh-so-good team, eh?! Let's see: Bucs beat 'em 24-13 (11 point victory...Bucs couldn't even score 20 pts on the Packers HORRIBLE defense); Bengals killed them 37-8 (29 pt victory...wow, how is it that this oh so improved viking denfence gives up 37 bigs ones?); finally, Falcons drop 30 buck-a-roos on 'em (20 pt victory). This let's me know that the Packers are, although the record doesn't show it...not by much however...on a better road to some sort of success this season, than the Vikings.
Now, don't get your hanes in a dangle, Viking Lovers, I don't want CAINE to "crush" me with is verbal assaults!!!!! I just think that it's about hey time that the Packers defense gets a little props around the league. They have yet to allow any team (outside of game one at Detroit) to run up the scoreboard!!!!

snowinapril
10-08-2005, 02:33 AM
"ltrey33" wrote:

I'm afraid of clowns.

I never eally understood that. I had a friend that said the only god clown was one with an axe through his skull. He didn't like clowns either apparently.

I don't like clowns but I am not afraid of them.

There are worse things to fear than going 1-4, like going 0-4 or 0-5 like the Pack. I am actually glad we didn't get there schedule. I like it how it is. We played the tough games first, now we have a few games that we can bounce back on here ahead. I am not saying they are gimmies by any means but it gives us our best shot of getting back in the saddle again.

Grassdog61
10-08-2005, 01:19 PM
Bono,

As much as it pains me to admit this, I have to agree with your post. Packers have shown more heart than the Vikes so far. If the Packers/Vikes matched up right now, its anybody's guess who would win. At least you guys didn't have high expectations going into the season. You and the Packer faithful are lucky the Vikings have such a pathetic coaching staff. Trust me, that will change at the end of the year.

HOWEVER, we are really going to find out some things about this division next week when the teams start playing each other for a change.

This is a long season. By the time we get to December, those first four games are ancient history.

BBQ Platypus
10-08-2005, 05:34 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"zimtwister" wrote:

1 and 16 is a possibility too, but that aint happening either!

Well, that would be pretty hard for ANY team to accomplish, no matter how bad they are, seeing as how there are only 16 games in a season. :lol:

Maybe if the rest of the division was really, really bad and you wind up winning the division title with a 1-15 record and losing in the wild card. Even then, the rest of the division would have to be so bad that they couldn't even beat each other. Either that, or the NFL would have to so feel sorry for them (and concerned for its revenue) that it would change the schedule so that they didn't play each other. In other words, it's very possible with the NFC North shaping out the way it is, which is to say that it is taking the shape of a massive pile of crap.

Caine
10-08-2005, 06:10 PM
"bono" wrote:

mnjamie,
I agree w/ you when you state that if the Vikings lose this week (1-4), it's going to get real ugly really fast. Just think about it: if the Vikings and lose and my Packers win, as well as the Bears/Lions lose, everyone in the North is 1 and either 3 or 4. And we're back at square one. The NFC North is definately for the taking this season. And I, for some reason or another, believe that just maybe, the Packers can take the heart they had in the Panthers game, and let it bleed against the Saints on Sunday. Although the Vikings entered this season as North favorites (due to all the improvements, etc), and Packers at the bottom, after the first four weeks of football, it appears to me that the Packers are a little better than the Vikings. Think about it: outside of game one in which the Packers lost 17-3, the last three games have been lost by no more than 3 points (Browns 26-24; Bucs 17-16; Panthers 32-29), and not to meantion, they've been against some pretty good teams. There are a lot of could'ves-should'ves-would'ves in these three games (e.g.: Bucs: if Longwell's extra point after TD is good, it's tied..ovetime, or if he does that plus his field goal is good, packer win by at least 3). All of these games were winnable for the Packers (a team that was predicted to do little of nothing this season). On the other hand Viking Lovers, you have the Vikings who were so highly praised entering this season, who, outside of coming out victorious against the Saints, have pretty much gotten blown out. Very shocking for a oh-so-good team, eh?! Let's see: Bucs beat 'em 24-13 (11 point victory...Bucs couldn't even score 20 pts on the Packers HORRIBLE defense); Bengals killed them 37-8 (29 pt victory...wow, how is it that this oh so improved viking denfence gives up 37 bigs ones?); finally, Falcons drop 30 buck-a-roos on 'em (20 pt victory). This let's me know that the Packers are, although the record doesn't show it...not by much however...on a better road to some sort of success this season, than the Vikings.
Now, don't get your hanes in a dangle, Viking Lovers, I don't want CAINE to "crush" me with is verbal assaults!!!!! I just think that it's about hey time that the Packers defense gets a little props around the league. They have yet to allow any team (outside of game one at Detroit) to run up the scoreboard!!!!

Consider one small point:

The Packers are playing at their maximum potential RIGHT NOW...and losing.

Minnesota is playing well BELOW their potential right now...and managed to squeek out a win.

That tells me that OUR team has the ability to improve upon a disasterous start...while Green Bay can start scoping out high draft picks NOW.

Consider also the following:

We have been beaten by Tampa Bay (A solid Defensive team), Atlanta (A legitimate Play-Off team), and Cincinati (A legitimate 4-0 team).

Green Bay has been beaten by Tampa Bay (See above), Detroit (A team without a QB...Harrington is KILLING the Lions), Carolina (A team that MIGHT show up every other week), and Cleveland (Cleveland!?!?!?! Need I say more about them?).

So, all things considered, I'd say that the competition WE have faced - and fallen to - has been much better than the competition Green Bay has faced...and fallen to. This weekend, you get to face the "Homeless Saints"...and things aren't looking too good for you on that one either.

Green Bay has just gone 0-4 through the EASIEST part of their schedule. It only gets worse from here on out. If you go 0-5 before the BYE, I would be very suprised to see you win more than 4 games all year.

And, finally, if you intend to call me out, do it. I'm more than willing to answer the challange. Don't let your personal dislikes lead you blindly into a situation where you are sent home crying....again.

Caine

Ltrey33
10-08-2005, 06:21 PM
Anyone watch The Replacements on TV last night?

What are you afraid of?

Falco: Quicksand.
Clifford Franklin: Aw, shit yeah. Quicksand's a scary motha, man. I mean, first of all, it suck you right in, and even if you scream, you get all that muck in your mouth...

Great movie. Anyway, I'm more scared of quicksand (real quicksand, not figurative) than I am 1-4!

snowinapril
10-08-2005, 06:30 PM
"Caine" wrote:

We have been beaten by Tampa Bay (A solid Defensive team), Atlanta (A legitimate Play-Off team), and Cincinati (A legitimate 4-0 team).

Green Bay has been beaten by Tampa Bay (See above), Detroit (A team without a QB...Harrington is KILLING the Lions), Carolina (A team that MIGHT show up every other week), and Cleveland (Cleveland!?!?!?! Need I say more about them?).

So, all things considered, I'd say that the competition WE have faced - and fallen to - has been much better than the competition Green Bay has faced...and fallen to. This weekend, you get to face the "Homeless Saints"...and things aren't looking too good for you on that one either.

Caine

I agree that on paper, our schedule so far definitely looks tougher than the Pack. On paper, we were suppose to be 3-1 before the season started. But it comes down to playing the games.

The winless Texans almost beat the Bengals if it wasn't for the Refs, I think they would have won in Cincy. I watched most of that game. That is the way the ball bounces.

The Bucs should have lost to the lowly Lions on Sunday and got screwed by the Instant Replay. It was terrible. That also is the way the ball bounces.

I think the Vikes are underacheiving, I will give them that. But, until they start playing to their potential, it is unfair to say that we played a tougher schedule, that makes us better than other losing teams. Got to play the games. We got man handled by those good teams (Cincy and ATL), even if we would have played them tough, it is still hard to use this argument that we are better than the pack because of who we lost to and there records. We aren't better until we beat them, which we will need to do to get back to respectability.

I sure hope that the players don't have this schedule strength thing running through their heads, or we are doomed.

As far as the Pack, they are in trouble(injuries), but if those players continue to play with heart, they still have a chance to win SOME games.

snowinapril
10-08-2005, 06:37 PM
The same thing goes for Bonos argument. We have to play the game. Losing by a little spread is still losing, it is nothing to hang your hat on. It does say something about heart but heart doesn't solely win games.

Let's play the game.

Man, the Pack are hurting with injuries. Their o line is going to be patchwork this weekend.

Caine
10-08-2005, 07:22 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

Caine

I agree that on paper, our schedule so far definitely looks tougher than the Pack. On paper, we were suppose to be 3-1 before the season started. But it comes down to playing the games.

The winless Texans almost beat the Bengals if it wasn't for the Refs, I think they would have won in Cincy. I watched most of that game. That is the way the ball bounces.

The Bucs should have lost to the lowly Lions on Sunday and got screwed by the Instant Replay. It was terrible. That also is the way the ball bounces.

I think the Vikes are underacheiving, I will give them that. But, until they start playing to their potential, it is unfair to say that we played a tougher schedule, that makes us better than other losing teams. Got to play the games. We got man handled by those good teams (Cincy and ATL), even if we would have played them tough, it is still hard to use this argument that we are better than the pack because of who we lost to and there records. We aren't better until we beat them, which we will need to do to get back to respectability.

I sure hope that the players don't have this schedule strength thing running through their heads, or we are doomed.

As far as the Pack, they are in trouble(injuries), but if those players continue to play with heart, they still have a chance to win SOME games.

1: I personally don't believe that Tampa is "for real", they've simply opened well. This week they face a New York Jet's team with Vinny Testaverde at QB...it'll be an interesting one to watch.

As for the "Blown" calls, I disagree. If you are referencing the last 4 shots in the end zone - in particular, the one with the sliding catch, I thought that call was accurate. Since they also Booth Reviewed it, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt on that one.

2: Understand that my comments were directed in the same vein in which they were recieved. Bono wanted to use performance in recent games as a model of comparrison, I took it a step further. The bottom line on that is that the teams that have beaten us have had much more success than the teams Green Bay is losing to.

Does that excuse our horrific performances? Not in the slightest.

Bono was doing fine until he elected to throw in the personal jab...which I have now countered. When all is said and done - and we have to remind ourselves of this every year, and you stated above - YOU HAVE TO PLAY THE GAMES. We haven't been.

But, I stand by my opinion that Green Bay is playing at as high of a level right now as they are likely to achieve - based upon level of talent, depth of roster, and injuries - while we are playing at a level FAR BELOW our potential.

Caine

snowinapril
10-08-2005, 07:35 PM
"Caine" wrote:

1: I personally don't believe that Tampa is "for real", they've simply opened well. This week they face a New York Jet's team with Vinny Testaverde at QB...it'll be an interesting one to watch.

True, I don't think they are as good as there record is either. I am hoping this week that they get beat by the young-QB-less Jets. That would be fun to see.

Also sick of the Caddy hype!!!

"Caine" wrote:

But, I stand by my opinion that Green Bay is playing at as high of a level right now as they are likely to achieve - based upon level of talent, depth of roster, and injuries - while we are playing at a level FAR BELOW our potential.

True, GB is playing to their potential and we aren't, right now!

scorptile
10-09-2005, 07:37 AM
well if GB is playing to their potential then when the vikes play them the vikes will loose. again. the vikings front line isnt protecting culpepper at all. and a team with a decent pass rush can beat the vikes as they are right now. and i think that for GB with the season injury to walker that severly hurts their offense. and now with green out hurts even more. but here is the problem everyone says the packers are playing to the best of their potential. well u can actually say that about the vikings as well. after watching the first 4 games i have to say that the vikings will be lucky if they dont have a top 5 draft pick this year and fight GB for the bottom of the division. or at least till GB puts in that rookie. the vikings need an offensive line to stop the passrush and they need to run the ball alot more. and on defense they really have to stop the run otherwise teams are gona run, then play action then just deep bombs downt he field (sound familiar against cincy?) i agree though with u guys tampa isnt that great of team and neither is cincy but watch either one or both of those teams fall tomorrow.

bono
10-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Okay Caine,
So let's just say that the Vikings AREN'T playing to their full potential YET, and the Packers are. My question to you is: when WILL they play to their full potential? What if they NEVER play to their full potential this season, then what?
I'm not denying that the Vikings have great talent on the team, especially the defense (I gave props to them on this matter way before the season started). All I'm saying is, what good is it to have all that talent, if you're not going to use it to the best of your ability? Don't you know that in sports, it's not really about talent, but more about how players take what they got...mesh it together...
At least the Packers (with their oh-so-not-good defense) is digging as deep as they can (they've been handed a lemon this season, but heck, at least they're rounding up as much sugar as they can, to make some lemonade out of it) to grab some sort of success this season.
I'm not sure if you're in basketball, but two seasons ago, the oh-so-talented Lakers (with oh-so-many future hall of famers: shaq, kobe, malone, payton) -who just about every nba writer/commentaor thought would win the Finals...and win it easily- took on the not-so-talented, BUT HARD WORKING Pistons. The Lakers got their genitles HANDED TO THEM, partner!!!! They got beat. All that dang on talent and still couldn't mustard out a win. If the Vikings aren't careful, the same thing can happen to them. At the end of the day, no one cares how much talent you got, it's all about the "W's."

ultravikingfan
10-11-2005, 05:09 PM
"bono" wrote:

At least the Packers (with their oh-so-not-good defense) is digging as deep as they can (they've been handed a lemon this season, but heck, at least they're rounding up as much sugar as they can, to make some lemonade out of it) to grab some sort of success this season.

You brag about how they are "rounding up as much sugar as they can", yet you end with:

"bono" wrote:

At the end of the day, no one cares how much talent you got, it's all about the "W's."

Way to flip-flop and try to give the Pack a better spin than they deserve.

Please, make some sense....for the sake of humanity. :roll:

6-KINGS
10-11-2005, 05:14 PM
"bono" wrote:

it's all about the "W's."

I thought it was all about the "O"...................
hummmm..............
:wink:

Vikes
10-11-2005, 05:15 PM
We will beat the Bears Sunday calm down. We just need to focus on winning the division. The Vikings are FINE!!!!

bono
10-11-2005, 05:16 PM
Ultra,
I can understand why you might think I'm "backin' it in, and poking it out," but all I'm saying is that everyone knows that my boys lack just about any "TALENT," (outside of Favre, and maybe two or three others, it's sheer luck this season). It's the VIKINGS that have -and I'm sure you can agree- TALENT. The Packers weren't predicted to do hardly anything this season, so it's really no suprise they're 1-4...no high expectations. On the other hand, the Vikings came into the season, praised for being so improved...talented. But, where is that talent in action on game day? Therefore, when I stated that "At the end of the day, no one cares how much talent you got, it's all about the "W's." I was speaking specifically about the TALENTED Vikings, NOT the TALENTLESS Packers.

ultravikingfan
10-11-2005, 05:18 PM
"bono" wrote:

Ultra,
I can understand why you might think I'm "backin' it in, and poking it out," but all I'm saying is that everyone knows that my boys lack just about any "TALENT," (outside of Favre, and maybe two or three others, it's sheer luck this season). It's the VIKINGS that have -and I'm sure you can agree- TALENT. The Packers weren't predicted to do hardly anything this season, so it's really no suprise they're 1-4...no high expectations. On the other hand, the Vikings came into the season, praised for being so improved...talented. But, where is that talent in action on game day? Therefore, when I stated that "At the end of the day, no one cares how much talent you got, it's all about the "W's." I was speaking specifically about the TALENTED Vikings, NOT the TALENTLESS Packers.

So, you have given up on your team? You do not care about the Packer's "W's".

Still trying to sweet talk us in PP.O Land I see. :roll:

On a side note: when you are here you are always in stealth mode. Do not want the membership to see you are here?

I see all! :razz:

6-KINGS
10-11-2005, 05:24 PM
Is he a politician Ultra?
haha

bono
10-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Ultra,
I am a packer backer 'til the day my heart gives out! PERIOD! It's just that -although I want the Packers to win...clinch the division...go to the superbowl...win!! -I'm smart enough to know that things just aren't the same in packer land. Sure, I'll cheer for the packers, and sing songs of VICTORY everytime they can mustard out a win- but if they don't, I'm not going to commit suicide or anything. Because, I knew from the start that the team just ain't the same as it used to be. DUH!
And no, I'm not trying to sweet talk any of you. For what reason? I'll respect you all, if you respect me, but in no way am I kissing any back sides, kiddo.

ultravikingfan
10-11-2005, 05:27 PM
"bono" wrote:

Ultra,
I am a packer backer 'til the day my heart gives out! PERIOD! It's just that -although I want the Packers to win...clinch the division...go to the superbowl...win!! -I'm smart enough to know that things just aren't the same in packer land. Sure, I'll cheer for the packers, and sing songs of VICTORY everytime they can mustard out a win- but if they don't, I'm not going to commit suicide or anything. Because, I knew from the start that the team just ain't the same as it used to be. DUH!
And no, I'm not trying to sweet talk any of you. For what reason? I'll respect you all, if you respect me, but in no way am I kissing any back sides, kiddo.

Oh boy, again with the "kiddo" thing. How old are you anyways?

Whats with all the "mustard?" Its making me hungry.

Good god "little Billy", go find your spine a have some optimism and hope for your team; I respect that.

6-KINGS
10-11-2005, 05:28 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"bono" wrote:
[quote]

Yeap Ultra is the cookie monster........

bono
10-11-2005, 05:29 PM
6-kings,
I didn't write that.

ultravikingfan
10-11-2005, 05:30 PM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"bono" wrote:
[quote]

Hey, you messed-up the quote. I said it, not Bono.

Dangit Six, learn how to "highlight" and "delete!"

6-KINGS
10-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Sorry Sir..........

pushups?

LOL

bono
10-11-2005, 05:38 PM
hey Ultra,
I just noticed the number of posts you have: 8,970?! Wow! Someone has been pretty busy around here, eh?!!! You joined Sept 2004, and I in Dec. 2004, and you have outdone me by 8,000 and somethin' man. Is there anyone in here w/ more posts than you? if so, who?

ultravikingfan
10-11-2005, 05:44 PM
"bono" wrote:

hey Ultra,
I just noticed the number of posts you have: 8,970?! Wow! Someone has been pretty busy around here, eh?!!! You joined Sept 2004, and I in Dec. 2004, and you have outdone me by 8,000 and somethin' man. Is there anyone in here w/ more posts than you? if so, who?

Come on, you know that Cajun has the most.

Whats your point?

The number of posts mainly reflects that I am on here every day. Yes, every day. The last time I missed a few days in the last year I was on vacation for 3 days.

Its about consistancy, not bulk numbers.

Del Rio
10-11-2005, 05:49 PM
You think your some kind of expert because you have 8974 posts....that just tells me you have a lot of time on your hands.

VKG4LFE
10-11-2005, 05:59 PM
It's getting old del rio!! lol jk I want to see that saying for someone who has about 25 posts!

6-KINGS
10-11-2005, 06:03 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"6-KINGS" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"bono" wrote:
[quote]

I just remembered, I can mis-quote or assign quotes to whoever I want.
I practicing to work for CNN or CBS.

hahahahaha

SamDawg84
10-11-2005, 06:16 PM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"6-KINGS" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"bono" wrote:
[quote]
I see all! razz

I just remembered, I can mis-quote or assign quotes to whoever I want.
I practicing to work for CNN or CBS.

hahahahahaim the true cookie monster! i love cookies! they are yummy!!!!! can i have 1 since im in school?

bleedpurple
10-11-2005, 06:32 PM
I know we better beat the bears!

Caine
10-11-2005, 08:31 PM
"bono" wrote:

Okay Caine,
So let's just say that the Vikings AREN'T playing to their full potential YET, and the Packers are. My question to you is: when WILL they play to their full potential? What if they NEVER play to their full potential this season, then what?
I'm not denying that the Vikings have great talent on the team, especially the defense (I gave props to them on this matter way before the season started). All I'm saying is, what good is it to have all that talent, if you're not going to use it to the best of your ability? Don't you know that in sports, it's not really about talent, but more about how players take what they got...mesh it together...
I'm not sure if you're in basketball, but two seasons ago, the oh-so-talented Lakers (with oh-so-many future hall of famers: shaq, kobe, malone, payton) -who just about every nba writer/commentaor thought would win the Finals...and win it easily- took on the not-so-talented, BUT HARD WORKING Pistons. The Lakers got their genitles HANDED TO THEM, partner!!!! They got beat. All that dang on talent and still couldn't mustard out a win. If the Vikings aren't careful, the same thing can happen to them. At the end of the day, no one cares how much talent you got, it's all about the "W's."

So, basically, that was a really long way to ask me if the Vikings were ever going to play to potential...right?

The answer...I don't know.

Like all Viking fans, I have been baffled by the complete lack of cohesion I have seen from the Vikings thus far. Sure, we looked good against New Orleans...but who doesn't :wink: . There was more energy and passion shown during the 2000 season - the year we played over our heads and went to the NFC championship game.

The problem with playing over your heads is that - sooner or later - you tire out and reality comes crashing in. A lot of people around here (Southern Wisconsin) are very pumped about Green Bay whipping the homeless Saints...the cries of "We're Back" and "We're going to the Superbowl" are starting to ring out in trailer parks all over :lol:

What they aren't seeing is two pretty critical elements:

1: Green Bay has just completed the EASY part of their schedule.
2: Green Bay managed to beat one very bad team.

Now, does that excuse US from playing like crap for 3/4 of our games? After all, who are WE to brag? We managed to only beat the same lousy team as you guys did. Are we, right now, any better than Green Bay? Nope. Not on the field. The ONLY saving grace we have is that we have played tougher teams (Cinci and Atlanta).

So, back to your original question, when will we play to our potential...we'll start finding out the answer to that this weekend. Bringing in Fazio and Rhome HOPEFULLY will add that spark to our team that we have lacked since the Tampa Bay game. And it all hinges on ONE guy right now...Daunte Culpepper.

Right now, Favre is carrying Green Bay...no doubt in anyones mind. It's time for Daunte to step up and carry Minnesota. The load shouldn't be as heavy...after all, we DO have a deeper roster than you do. But if Daunte doesn't step up RIGHT NOW, we may just wind up being Paper Tigers.

read the last post on page 3 (mine), and you'll see where I stand on this entire point: Favre versus Culpepper (http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=14533&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30).

Caine

Del Rio
10-11-2005, 08:44 PM
All I heard all offseason was how bad the Packers were going to suck, how they were in denial, and how on paper they are inferior to the Vikes.

Yet now look where we are, we beat the Saints who shot themselves in the foot TWICE on scoring penalties. The Pack beat the snot out of them. Our team is crying about being confused, lacking identity, and just being a mess.

I would say no one has much room to talk.

sureban
10-11-2005, 09:36 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

You think your some kind of expert because you have 8974 posts....that just tells me you have a lot of time on your hands.

The man feels the need to share his opoinion on anything and everything; all the time. Sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Sincerely,
Mark.

Del Rio
10-11-2005, 09:38 PM
You think your some kind of expert because you have 68 posts....that just tells me you have a lot of time on your hands.

Lotza
10-11-2005, 09:46 PM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"bono" wrote:
[quote]

Yeap Ultra is the cookie monster........ I AM SO PISSED OFF!!! STUPID PBS IS TRYING TO MAKE COOKIE MONSTER EFFIN NUTRICIOUS AND HAVE HIM ONLY EAT COOKIES SOME OF THE TIME! I WANT TO WRITE AN ANGRY E-MAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sureban
10-11-2005, 09:47 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

You think your some kind of expert because you have 68 posts....that just tells me you have a lot of time on your hands.

Excuse me? I do not recall saying that. Ever.

Bad Mood Today,
Mark.

Lotza
10-11-2005, 09:51 PM
"sureban" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Excuse me? I do not recall saying that. Ever.

Bad Mood Today,
Mark.read his sig mark. i think he was just joking.

Del Rio
10-11-2005, 09:52 PM
I'm messing around sureban. It was a joke.

It is a huge joke between me and Ultra, I knew he would get a laugh out of that.

I apologize if you were offended, or if my never ending stream of opinions on everything is bothersome. This is however a message board. :grin:

sureban
10-11-2005, 09:55 PM
I AM SO PISSED OFF!!! STUPID PBS IS TRYING TO MAKE COOKIE MONSTER EFFIN NUTRICIOUS AND HAVE HIM ONLY EAT COOKIES SOME OF THE TIME!

I hear that! Should children not be getting nutrition advice from parents/guardians?

Sincerely,
Mark.

6-KINGS
10-11-2005, 09:58 PM
"sureban" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

The man feels the need to share his opoinion on anything and everything; all the time. Sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Sincerely,
Mark.

Are you popping a shot at Del?

Cuzz if you are I will be down your throat in seconds.
And trust me I can take the best of them to task.

sureban
10-11-2005, 09:58 PM
Okay, Lotza and Del, sorry.
Did you read my sig on that post?

Cooling,
Mark.

sureban
10-11-2005, 10:01 PM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

"sureban" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Sincerely,
Mark.

No; Ultra.

Mark.

VKG4LFE
10-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Did things just get really heated there and then back to normal!? That was awesome!!

Good job del on using your saying for someone with very few posts and having it come flying back in your face with a bit of anger!! lol

Del Rio
10-11-2005, 10:08 PM
I did.

Why are you in a bad mood today?

Del Rio
10-11-2005, 10:09 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Did things just get really heated there and then back to normal!? That was awesome!!

Good job del on using your saying for someone with very few posts and having it come flying back in your face with a bit of anger!! lol

Yeah that didn't go over so well LMAO!!

VKG4LFE
10-11-2005, 10:11 PM
No it didn't! It was pretty funny though when he seemed to take offense to it!! lol

6-KINGS
10-11-2005, 10:13 PM
[/quote]

No; Ultra.

Mark.[/quote]

What is this?
:thebirdman:

ultravikingfan
10-11-2005, 10:32 PM
"sureban" wrote:

"6-KINGS" wrote:

"sureban" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Sincerely,
Mark.

No; Ultra.

Mark.

Now you got me confused.

Not sincerely,
ultra

WBLVikeBabe
10-12-2005, 12:02 AM
Ok so is this a new thing on here we are all supposed to pretend like we are writing letters and add a closing statement with our names attached? :lol:

DEVIKINGFAN!
10-12-2005, 12:21 AM
Bring Back BUD!!!

WBLVikeBabe
10-12-2005, 06:25 AM
Did I miss something, who's BUD?

mnvikes61
10-12-2005, 06:42 AM
bud grant WBL.

WBLVikeBabe
10-12-2005, 06:46 AM
Ok, I thought he meant something else.

mnvikes61
10-12-2005, 06:50 AM
i'm not afraid of going 1-4. if we get that record we probaly didn't deserve to win the games we lost. i'd rather our record be realistic to how we are playing instead of having us colaspe in the second half when we start out 6-0, that record made us look like a great team.

WBLVikeBabe
10-12-2005, 06:53 AM
Let's just hope this is the "mid season collapse" but at the beginning instead.