PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Idea for next game

MensaTice
09-15-2005, 08:05 AM
How about using the two guys we drafted in the first round. With the exception of the QBs, every first round pick played in week one. Erasmus being inactive is idiotic. Pollack signed after him and played. Benson got a few carries for Chicago. You'd think he could at least be there as an option to go in after taking him 18th overall. Troy was taken 7th overall and not thrown to once. I like the recievers but you have to use a guy if you're going to take him that high. Bringing him along slwoly makes no sense after watching the catches he made in the preseason. If we have better recievers, why did they draft him over a defensive player like Derick Johnson or Thomas Davis. I actually like both these picks but they need to play. This had nothing to do with the outcome of the game Sunday, but maybe we should use guys in which we invested so much. 2 first rounds picks are a huge investment. This is just an example of the weak minds we have in charge of our beloved team. Pathetic. Oh, but throw Marcus Johnson in the starting lineup and allow the defense to tee off on Daunte and our backs. :mad:

akvikefan89
09-15-2005, 08:08 AM
If the O-Line plays better I think Tice will definatly put Troy in for a few plays. As far as Erasmus goes, he needs to start playing....

singersp
09-15-2005, 12:39 PM
This is why they didn't play Erasmus last week;

"James ailing
First-round defensive end Erasmus James, who was inactive for Sunday's game, went to see a doctor last week after feeling fatigued and experiencing headaches for an extended period. "They said it was mono-like symptoms but it wasn't mono," said James, who was given antibiotics. "I'm feeling much better this week."

cajunvike
09-15-2005, 07:58 PM
"singersp" wrote:

This is why they didn't play Erasmus last week;

"James ailing
First-round defensive end Erasmus James, who was inactive for Sunday's game, went to see a doctor last week after feeling fatigued and experiencing headaches for an extended period. "They said it was mono-like symptoms but it wasn't mono," said James, who was given antibiotics. "I'm feeling much better this week."

GOOD CATCH, singersp!!! BTW, welcome aboard!!! :grin:

VKG4LFE
09-15-2005, 08:00 PM
I say let the coaches coach and the fans fan....or something like that.

PurpleTide
09-15-2005, 08:09 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I say let the coaches coach and the fans fan....or something like that.Agreed, players will start to play better every game, so lets not pannic, get sound technique, good things are coming.

MensaTice
09-15-2005, 08:10 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I say let the coaches coach and the fans fan....or something like that.

So enlighten me about the purpose of this message board. I was under the impression it was to discuss the Vikes. Fans have every right to question the coaches, especially here.

VKG4LFE
09-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Ok Mr. serious do what you want, but it seems to me that all you do is
b!tch about everything and are never happy with what's going on with the team. You can do what you want, I was really just kidding.

PurplePackerEater
09-15-2005, 08:28 PM
I think that Mensa has a point.

Detroit played the wideout we were supposed to take and he caught a TD. Don't get me wrong, the guy didn't "light it up", but he got open, caught the ball, and recorded a TD. Something our entire offense failed to do. Also, Tampa's Rookie TE scored 2 TDs on us.

I guess what Mensa is saying, where's the return on our investments?

whackthepack
09-15-2005, 08:36 PM
I do not understand. People are saying the Williamson draft pick is a bust, because somebody else caught a 3 yard TD (his only catch of the day).

And in another post I am agruing with people that want to keep giving Bennett the ball and he has done nothing for 2 years.

Maybe give Williamson until mid season. Bennett has had 4 years and has had 1 good season. But we should keep giving him the ball?

V-Unit
09-15-2005, 08:37 PM
Twill is a deep-pass, lazer kind of WR. Daunte had no time to throw deep routes. Who knows, Twill might have gotten open but Daunte was scrambling and dint have time to throw the bomb. Our rookies will be fine, but we need to fix other things before we can shine. Tice chose to deacticate Erasmus in favor of Keith Newman, who had a great game. He also said we have to get our RBs healthy or we will need all 4 of them activated on gameday.
If we:
-fix the O-line
-get two of our backs 100% healthy
-have a solid leader emerge at LB
Then we will see the return on our investments. We have a lot more think about than rookies getting PT. Winning a game would be a good start. If we had blown out the Bucs and Twill hadn't seen any playtime, I could understand.

MensaTice
09-15-2005, 08:43 PM
I have no problem with who we drafted nor do I question what they can do for this team. There were some things on Sunday that prevented T Will from being productive but Tice has said that he is going to bring him along slowly. I guess my point is that he is the ONLY coach in the league doing that with a first round pick that isn't a QB, and he is the #7 pick to boot.

Mr. Purple
09-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Ya i can see both sides here. On one hand I feel we should start workin twill into the gameplane, cuz taking more snaps is only gonna help his career. On the other hand, we have enough depth in front of him, to let us work him in slow and steady, so we can develope him better. as far as Ejames, hopefully tice and co will put him this week and get some snaps. We traded the best WR in the nfl for Nappo and that extra first round pick...lets get some value outta it IMO.

PurpleTide
09-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Tice always plays his veterans in the early parts of the season. Erasumus and Troy each have special packages to get them success early. They will get more and more playing time as the season goes on and we are playing better.

VKG4LFE
09-15-2005, 09:11 PM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

I think that Mensa has a point.

Detroit played the wideout we were supposed to take and he caught a TD. Don't get me wrong, the guy didn't "light it up", but he got open, caught the ball, and recorded a TD. Something our entire offense failed to do. Also, Tampa's Rookie TE scored 2 TDs on us.

I guess what Mensa is saying, where's the return on our investments?

He got open on a curl route in the end zone, big fricken' deal! That is hardly a great route or a tough one either. I can't believe some people! But I guess that's why we're all entitled to our opinion.

Prophet
09-15-2005, 09:20 PM
I still think that if Tice and company score more points than the Bengals we will all celebrate.

VKG4LFE
09-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Does that mean we will win too?