PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Pass Interference

VegasLadyJae
09-12-2005, 10:27 PM
Somebody please explain to me what that is, because I did not see it against J. Wiggins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VKG4LFE
09-12-2005, 10:29 PM
Nope, there was nothing! Wiggins got robbeb, plain and simple!

Paulbedy59
09-12-2005, 10:29 PM
he got FU#$@* plain and simple.

Del Rio
09-12-2005, 10:30 PM
It's when the offensive player pushes off or throws the defender down. Wiggins did not interfere that is why you didn't see it.

The other TD called back I have no clue on because I didn't see a replay.
Basically you can't put your hands on the defender. That's what it is in a nutshell. The great wideouts push off all the time they just do it with their hips or do it so the refs can't see.

VKG4LFE
09-12-2005, 10:31 PM
The refs couldn't have seen anything. He put his left hand on the defender for an instant and then took it off. Yeah, after thinking about it that constitutes offensive pass interference! NOT!

whackthepack
09-12-2005, 10:33 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

The refs couldn't have seen anything. He put his left hand on the defender for an instant and then took it off. Yeah, after thinking about it that constitutes offensive pass interference! NOT!

He put his hand on the other player because the guy was going to run into him, it was a terrible call!

VegasLadyJae
09-12-2005, 10:34 PM
I understand the rule....but I just could not seeeeeeeeeee what the hell the ref's were looking at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pigskinronin
09-12-2005, 10:37 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

The great wideouts push off all the time they just do it with their hips or do it so the refs can't see.

Did someone say Cris Carter?

Wiggins stuck his arm out probably to get a feel for where the defender was --- not to create seperation. That should have never been called for OPI, but as it was explained by the commentators... Wiggins had his hand there about the same time the DB mistimed his jump which may have appeared as a push off.

VKG4LFE
09-12-2005, 10:37 PM
It was a terrible call, but not something we can blame the loss on. We had our chances and we just blew it! Had we scored the go ahead TD instead of that pick I have no doubt in my mind we would have won. Our D played flawlessly in the 2nd half (barring the 80 yard drive which culminated in the 71 yard TD) and would have shut down their 2 minute drill drive! D@mn, the chances we had. I think we'll do great this week.

Mr. Purple
09-12-2005, 10:41 PM
Ya that was BS...We could have tied the game on that one...god...that really pi$$es me off when I remeber that

snowinapril
09-12-2005, 10:44 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

He put his hand on the other player because the guy was going to run into him, it was a terrible call!

On the first TD called back, I could have sworn the only contact was when Wiggins raised his hands to catch the ball. It was totally incidental. BS

VKG4LFE
09-12-2005, 10:45 PM
No we could have tied the game on the one where we had a block in the back and then had to settle for a figgie a couple of plays later. The first TD would have brought us within 3.

pigskinronin
09-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Since we're on the subject of stolen TDs :wink: , on Wiggins 2nd TD I saw the offsides at the snap... I started yelling "throw it deep! Throw it deep!" but was pleasantly surprised by the results of the dump off to Wiggins.

I saw the penalty icon on the tv screen and knew it was for the neutral zone infraction. Still bitter from the 1st TD that was stolen I turned to my wife and said,"Even though this flag is on the Bucs, watch these refs get together and say --let's pin this one on the Vikes too just for the hell of it!---" Both me and the wife chuckled.

:???:

VKG4LFE
09-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Way to jinx us! I blame the loss on you!

michaelmazid
09-12-2005, 10:50 PM
"VegasLadyJae" wrote:

Somebody please explain to me what that is, because I did not see it against J. Wiggins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

refer to every chris carter catch to see what offensive interference is.

smootpepper
09-12-2005, 10:51 PM
the 2nd touchdown that was called back was due to burly blocking in the back when wiggins was running for the TD. It was a good call. The 1st TD was a phantom call. Refs just f'd up big time.

Articnv
09-12-2005, 10:55 PM
The second TD was off setting penalities there was defnse pass interfernce and then offensive holding

pigskinronin
09-12-2005, 10:55 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Way to jinx us! I blame the loss on you!

You think so? Maybe... let me give it a try:

No way the Viking offense puts up 40 points against the Bengals.

VKG4LFE
09-12-2005, 10:56 PM
No the second TD was off setting penalties of defensive off sides and an offensive block in the back.

ShanePurpleBlood
09-12-2005, 11:03 PM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

Ya that was BS...We could have tied the game on that one...god...that really pi$$es me off when I remeber that

That was such a BS call, refs boil my blood!

pigskinronin
09-12-2005, 11:07 PM
(8:59) (Shotgun) D.Culpepper pass to J.Wiggins for 27 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty.
Penalty on TB-E.Wyms, Defensive Offside, offsetting, enforced at TB 27 - No Play.
Penalty on MIN-N.Burleson, Illegal Block Above the Waist, offsetting.

VegasLadyJae
09-13-2005, 12:43 AM
I'm still not over it!