PDA

View Full Version : confidence



catlikethief22
09-12-2005, 05:22 AM
Does anyone else feel like they have lost a lot of confidence in the vikings doing really well this year after todays game???

mnvikes61
09-12-2005, 05:24 AM
nope it's just one game, and we were still in the game after all the errors by our offense. i haven't lost any confidence or faith in the Vikings. i knew they wouldn't go undefeated, i thought we would win the game, but as fans we all go into a game thinking we should or least have a chance to win most of the games that we play.

DemonicViking
09-12-2005, 05:24 AM
Well, considering it's only one game... nevermind.. some people don't get it.

singersp
09-12-2005, 05:29 AM
Dante is only human, not GOD!

akvikefan89
09-12-2005, 05:30 AM
You know, the Offense did alot more gelling today then the Defense had to (this was considered a gelling game for the defense and look what they did, imagine 5 weeks from now :shock: ) but anyway, the Offense IMO needs more gelling then the Defesnse does. There was mis-communication on several plays (Bureson wrong route, INT, more INT"s, O-Line is brand spankin raw) and as far as the running game goes, I consider it, and the terrible O-Line play, as the same thing. Melwede was out with two sprained ankles (seriously) and Culpepper made bad decisions under pressure.


I am confident that from here we go up.

fred3105
09-12-2005, 05:33 AM
I feel every top10 pick that didnt score 5 TDs today is a bust because you know if you dont produce in the first game your only going to get worse right?

singersp
09-12-2005, 05:33 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

Melwede was out with two sprained ankles (seriously)

Was that before or after he retuned that kick?

GreenBaySlackers
09-12-2005, 05:34 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Dante is only human, not GOD!
yeah, god is either morgan freeman or alanis morsette

snowinapril
09-12-2005, 05:34 AM
No, I haven't lost confidence. I still think that our team has heart, we will see how that plays out though in the next couple of weeks.

We have the talent on the field. I am still not convinced (and haven't been since the meltdown to Arizona back in 2003) about our coaching staff and the leadership there.

Something to think about: A lot of these guys came here in the offseason to play with DC. He needs to gain the confidence of these men back in the next game so they don't lose the belief that they can win big this year. If that happens, who knows.

snowinapril
09-12-2005, 05:38 AM
"catlikethief22" wrote:

Does anyone else feel like they have lost a lot of confidence in the vikings doing really well this year after todays game???

By the way, this is a positive thread.

It is really a good question to pose to all fans. It is like a gut check for YOU (me) as a fan.

ultravikingfan
09-12-2005, 05:40 AM
Hell no!

finnishvikingsfan
09-12-2005, 05:42 AM
To me win or lose they are still the MINNESOTA VIKINGS! I will cheer for them no matter what. I havent lost confidence heck we could go 8-8 and make the playoffs and I wouldnt care. Our offense will show up sometime they are to good to over look and once that happens the sky is the limit.

DemonicViking
09-12-2005, 05:49 AM
After one game? Hardly. If you're gonna be this down so soon you may as well find something else to do to stay occupied on sundays.

I don't know about you, but I'm not dwelling on today..... on to the jungle next week in Cincy.. we are not perfect.. but let's try to a keep a postive attitude and turn things around and get on the right track.

DaunteHOF
09-12-2005, 05:51 AM
It's 1 game, hell no....

singersp
09-12-2005, 05:54 AM
Remember how Daunte played those bad games right after they let ? go?(guys help me out with the name of this so-so veteran QBs name before Ferotte). Daunte said he wanted him to stay on the roster cause he confided in him & it took the pressure off him because then he knew if he couldn't get it done, the other QB could. Then we signed Ferotte & he had those bad games until he got comfortable with Ferotte. Then he played like a great QB. We'll now Ferotte is gone & Johnson is here. Are we going thru those same growing pains again?

mnvikes61
09-12-2005, 05:57 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Remember how Daunte played those bad games right after they let ? go?(guys help me out with the name of this so-so veteran QBs name before Ferotte). Daunte said he wanted him to stay on the roster cause he confided in him & it took the pressure off him because then he knew if he couldn't get it done, the other QB could. Then we signed Ferotte & he had those bad games until he got comfortable with Ferotte. Then he played like a great QB. We'll now Ferotte is gone & Johnson is here. Are we going thru those same growing pains again?
are you talking about Bouman or Brister? those are the only vet QBs that i can think of. i think it could be growing pains from that, and having a brand new OC for a whole game.

singersp
09-12-2005, 05:59 AM
Brister! Thanx. It's possible there is a pattern here.

mnvikes61
09-12-2005, 06:02 AM
no problem, i heard some announcer talk about that last year, when pepper struggled, i think was when Bouman was back there. i think they said something like, when pep has a true veteran QB relaying the plays and talking to him he does better. he did it with George, Brister, and Ferotte, hopefully he'll get into a good relationship with Johnson!

singersp
09-12-2005, 06:09 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

no problem, i heard some announcer talk about that last year, when pepper struggled, i think was when Bouman was back there. i think they said something like, when pep has a true veteran QB relaying the plays and talking to him he does better. he did it with George, Brister, and Ferotte, hopefully he'll get into a good relationship with Johnson!

It was me too threads ago :lol:

mnvikes61
09-12-2005, 06:09 AM
no this was last year singersp that i heard some announcer talking about it. you just reminded me about it :lol:

ADubya26
09-12-2005, 06:31 AM
Ironically enough, the thing keeping me somewhat positive at this point is our defense. I think they are going to be better than I though, and I think Daunte will straighten out soon as well. A road win next week in Cincy would be money.

PAvikesfan
09-12-2005, 06:36 AM
nope...haven't lost confidence in the vikes winning division. winning a superbowl...ask me in week 5.

Articnv
09-12-2005, 06:45 AM
Havnt lost confidance because

1 td was called back ona phantom call

2 nd td was cancled do to offsettign pentalities.

Its 1 game. Daunte hada bad day give him a break. The oline wasnt doign all that great.

WBLVikeBabe
09-12-2005, 06:51 AM
No way I haven't lost confidence I'm still a faithful diehard and always will be no matter what emotional rollercoaster they might put me on! It's the first game and yea it sucked that they lost, but it's only 1 game, there are still 15 more to go and I have confidence that they will still win the division title.

UTVikfan
09-12-2005, 07:16 AM
Actually, I have gained confidence. Our D can keep us in games, even with 5 turnovers, horrible line play, and a bad day for Dante. The O will not be that bad, most likely all season. Plus, with the Bears, GB, and Detroit in the same division, we are in good shape. I saw about 3 quarters of the GB/Detroit game. That made me feel even better. Dante will get his roll on, and the D will get nothing but better.

PurplePackerEater
09-12-2005, 08:18 AM
I have not lost one bit of confidence in Daunte, although today has got to be a career low. He's a proven player, he'll bounce back like he has before.

Now for the line and backs. I haven't lost ANY confidence in them because I never had much confidence in them. Go back and look at my posts in March and April. I've had concerns about the line and run game back then because of the Moss trade (this is NOT moss whining-GO LOOK).

This is really a matter of simple math. When Moss was in the game (even injured) the LBs and Safties played deep. What does that mean to the O-line and RB? It means LESS bodies to block and more yardage. The running backs looked better, the run blocking looked better, the pass blocking looked better, the one on one reciever looked better, and therfore the QB looked better.

Now, does this mean that we roll over and die? Um, NO. This means that Moss is gone and the rest of the Offense better get used to it! I do think that they will respond much better in Cincy (how could they not), but they need to do alot of bonding, gelling, practicing to get where I want them to go.

VKG4LFE
09-12-2005, 04:08 PM
I think we're gonna be ok. Considering how sh!tty we looked we still had a chance to win the game. I feel a lot better about our D after seeing the second half of the game. They were pretty bad in the first half, but the second half they only gave up 90 some yards, and got some key stops (except for the late third and one TD run by Williams).

whackthepack
09-12-2005, 04:17 PM
I have not lost cofidence and this was only one game. I do think the coaches need to kick some ass on the O-line and get them playing better.

I think the coaching staff (espically Tice) needs to get over this idea of playing smash mouth football and running up the middle.

I think that the offensive coordinator needs to stretch the field, we have the speed to do it. All day yesterday Daunte was running for his life, the O-line needs to give him some protection, and they need to go deep a few times.

PurpleTide
09-12-2005, 04:32 PM
Painful as a loss can be, I'd rather see it happen earlier than have a second half colapse. I knew the o-line needs more time, but was really pleased with our defensive effort. The running game will get better every week, and Daunte will protect the ball.
When the offense starts clicking, , you won't be leaving that defense on the field so long. I think a painful loss right now could catapult this team into a rage.... so watch out you Bengals,
there is a pissed off team coming to your house next week, and we are gonna misbehave in Cincinnatti's office and get a WIN.

ajefx
09-12-2005, 06:31 PM
We'll probably back into the playoffs just like last year. I hate to lose confidence in my team after week 1, but all my fears and suspicions that we wouldn't be able to run, the passing game would suffer, the line wouldn't play well, linebackers would contribute only a little, the secondary still has holes, etc. were confirmed.

If I hadn't worried about all the problems we had yesterday so much during the offseason, this loss wouldn't phase me. But we are clearly a worse team than the one that went 8-8 last year.

Mr. Purple
09-12-2005, 06:45 PM
Anyone who dosnt still beleive in this team, or lost confidence then go jump off a bridge. THIS IS ONE GAME!!! and its the first.....THESE PLAYERS HAVNT PLAYED 4 QUARTERS IN MONTHS!!! beep damn! seriously....If your having doubts...then get off this train, cuz im my eyes we anit stoppin till we get to the top baby.

catlikethief22
09-12-2005, 10:57 PM
trust me im still a diehard viking fan but i was just way to pumped about that game yesterday i dunno. To me the offense looked horrible, even if we did have those tds by wiggins that was the only thing the offense did the whole game. Im just nervous about our o-line i guess. But im still faithful.

ultravikingfan
09-12-2005, 11:18 PM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

Anyone who dosnt still beleive in this team, or lost confidence then go jump off a bridge. THIS IS ONE GAME!!! and its the first.....THESE PLAYERS HAVNT PLAYED 4 QUARTERS IN MONTHS!!! beep gol 'darnit! seriously....If your having doubts...then get off this train, cuz im my eyes we anit stoppin till we get to the top baby.

Yeah, I admit I was rather harsh towards some yesterday. I just hate it after 1 game that this guy sucks, this guy should be fired, we shouldn't have trade this guy, etc.

I mean it was 1 game! We were not going to win them all (wishful thinking though).

I see how some can get very upset. By mid-week they will be simmered down and ready to rumble against the Bengals. We, as Viking fans, are used to dissappointment and pain. We have thick skin. That is what will make our first SB that much better.

Skol Vikes!

ShanePurpleBlood
09-12-2005, 11:21 PM
I still believe in our Vikings. I think Chris Carter sums it up good here.

Read:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cc-sixpoints091105&prov=yhoo&type=lgns


As for Daunte, he had a truly terrible day. He fumbled twice and threw three interceptions, and he lacked communication with his receivers all game long. He was unable to make big plays throwing the ball down the field and he was unable to run the ball. I think ultimately the Minnesota Vikings won't miss Randy Moss, but they sure looked like they missed him in losing to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at home.



In fact, here is a song that should perk our spirits, for all you R. Kelly lovers out there:


R KELLY LYRICS

"I Believe I Can Fly"

I used to think that I could not go on
And life was nothing but an awful song
But now I know the meaning of true love
I'm leaning on the everlasting arms

If I can see it, then I can do it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it

[1] - I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar
I see me running through that open door
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly

See I was on the verge of breaking down
Sometimes silence can seem so loud
There are miracles in life I must achieve
But first I know it starts inside of me, oh

If I can see it, then I can do it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it

[Repeat 1]

Hey, cuz I believe in me, oh

If I can see it, then I can do it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it

[Repeat 1]

Hey, if I just spread my wings
I can fly
I can fly
I can fly, hey
If I just spread my wings
I can fly
Fly-eye-eye


[Thanks to keeya30316@yahoo.com, soon2bastar_wtchoutnow@hotmail.com, prissynpink@aol.com, easycheesy4@hotmail.com for correcting these lyrics]

[ www.azlyrics.com ]

WBLVikeBabe
09-13-2005, 05:07 AM
"ShanePurpleBlood" wrote:

I still believe in our Vikings. I think Chris Carter sums it up good here.

Read:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cc-sixpoints091105&prov=yhoo&type=lgns


As for Daunte, he had a truly terrible day. He fumbled twice and threw three interceptions, and he lacked communication with his receivers all game long. He was unable to make big plays throwing the ball down the field and he was unable to run the ball. I think ultimately the Minnesota Vikings won't miss Randy Moss, but they sure looked like they missed him in losing to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at home.



In fact, here is a song that should perk our spirits, for all you R. Kelly lovers out there:


R KELLY LYRICS

"I Believe I Can Fly"

I used to think that I could not go on
And life was nothing but an awful song
But now I know the meaning of true love
I'm leaning on the everlasting arms

If I can see it, then I can do it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it

[1] - I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar
I see me running through that open door
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly

See I was on the verge of breaking down
Sometimes silence can seem so loud
There are miracles in life I must achieve
But first I know it starts inside of me, oh

If I can see it, then I can do it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it

[Repeat 1]

Hey, cuz I believe in me, oh

If I can see it, then I can do it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it

[Repeat 1]

Hey, if I just spread my wings
I can fly
I can fly
I can fly, hey
If I just spread my wings
I can fly
Fly-eye-eye


[Thanks to keeya30316@yahoo.com, soon2bastar_wtchoutnow@hotmail.com, prissynpink@aol.com, easycheesy4@hotmail.com for correcting these lyrics]

[ www.azlyrics.com ]

Oh brother you did not just relate that sickeningly sappy song to our Vikings :pukeright: