PDA

View Full Version : To those Viking fans breaking their ankles...

shockzilla
09-12-2005, 04:53 AM
...while leaping off the bandwagon right now:

GOOD RIDDANCE!!! WHO NEEDS YOU!?!?!

I just have to laugh at all you "fans" that have only been around since 1998, and can't remember or don't know a Viking team without Randy Moss or an explosive Vikings offense. Once upon a time, the Vikings defense used to put the FEAR OF GOD into every single opponent they played. We had the best D in the NFL, and NO ONE wanted to play us.

How you "fans" can sound the horn of doom after ONE LOUSY GAME is beyond me. I'm ashamed to even call you fans!

Like a lot of sane people have been saying after this putrid loss to the Bucs, ONE GAME DOES NOT A SEASON MAKE. So our offense looked horrible, our offensive line couldn't block their way out of a wet sheet of toilet paper, and Pep had one of those days that keep an NFL QB up at night in a cold sweat!

What the team will do (and what the fans should do as well), is pick themselves up by their bootstraps (or spikes or however you want to say it), go back to work in practice this coming week, correct what's correctable, and prepare for the Bengals.

This is one that, believe you me, will be forgotten about starting tomorrow. Tice will pull the team and coaches together and figure out what to do from here.

HAVE FAITH!!!! I have been a fan since the early 1970's, and I FOR ONE will NOT give up on these guys so easily. If you do, then that's YOUR problem, and we don't need you.

Thanks for letting me vent!!!!!

ultravikingfan
09-12-2005, 04:54 AM
Nice post Shock!

If you wanna jump, good! We got plenty of fans!

smootpepper
09-12-2005, 05:03 AM
WHOOO!!!!!! WHOOO!!!!

ALL ABOARD!!!

singersp
09-12-2005, 05:04 AM
"shockzilla" wrote:

I just have to laugh at all you "fans" that have only been around since 1998, and can't remember or don't know a Viking team without Randy Moss or an explosive Vikings offense. Once upon a time, the Vikings defense used to put the FEAR OF GOD into every single opponent they played. We had the best D in the NFL, and NO ONE wanted to play us.

How you "fans" can sound the horn of doom after ONE LOUSY GAME is beyond me. I'm ashamed to even call you fans!

Like a lot of sane people have been saying after this putrid loss to the Bucs, ONE GAME DOES NOT A SEASON MAKE. So our offense looked horrible, our offensive line couldn't block their way out of a wet sheet of toilet paper, and Pep had one of those days that keep an NFL QB up at night in a cold sweat!

What the team will do (and what the fans should do as well), is pick themselves up by their bootstraps (or spikes or however you want to say it), go back to work in practice this coming week, correct what's correctable, and prepare for the Bengals.

This is one that, believe you me, will be forgotten about starting tomorrow. Tice will pull the team and coaches together and figure out what to do from here.

HAVE FAITH!!!! I have been a fan since the early 1970's, and I FOR ONE will NOT give up on these guys so easily. If you do, then that's YOUR problem, and we don't need you.

I pretty much dittoed that in the thread "positives so far" take a read. Right on Shockzilla

mnjamie
09-12-2005, 05:06 AM
"shockzilla" wrote:

Still riding this train all the way to DE-TOILET in Feb !!!!!!!! Been on this train since 1976 and no need to get off now ....

Then that town can see what a well oiled NFL team really looks like ... :wav:

mnvikes61
09-12-2005, 05:06 AM
we have plenty of TRUE fans is a better way to put it, i think. i'm just as upset as other vikes fans that we lost this game but it was one game and we were still in it with 2 minutes left to play, that's an encouraging sign considering how many times we shot ourselves in the foot. we lost, bfd, i didn't heard anybody say we were going to undefeated that was taking themselves seriously. we can look at the positives of this game and improve on what we had problems with in this game, not the end of the world, just one game, get over it or change teams is what i say. this team has torn out my heart plenty of times, i've been on the brink of breaking everything in site, but i still come back because i love this team!
SKOL Vikings!

akvikefan89
09-12-2005, 05:07 AM
I stayed on the fan wagon when we were 5-11, I'm never getting off.

Totally right about people blaming a lousy game by the offense on not having Moss, if they think that, they can jump on the raiders bandwagon, good riddance!

mnjamie
09-12-2005, 05:10 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

we have plenty of TRUE fans is a better way to put it, i think. i'm just as upset as other vikes fans that we lost this game but it was one game and we were still in it with 2 minutes left to play, that's an encouraging sign considering how many times we shot ourselves in the foot. we lost, bfd, i didn't heard anybody say we were going to undefeated that was taking themselves seriously. we can look at the positives of this game and improve on what we had problems with in this game, not the end of the world, just one game, get over it or change teams is what i say. this team has torn out my heart plenty of times, i've been on the brink of breaking everything in site, but i still come back because i love this team!
SKOL Vikings!

My only gripe is this:

I Live in TAMPA. Now imagine living in Green Bay and loosing to the Pack. Then having the Vikes not play the Pack again for 4 years. That is what i'm living with right now .... lol

But as it says, Undercover Vike Ambassador to the Dirty South !!! One lousy game wont change that, shoot 19 years hasn't changed it !!!!

DemonicViking
09-12-2005, 05:12 AM
"shockzilla" wrote:

Yeah, what he said.....
......... get lost.

V4L
09-12-2005, 05:26 AM
Hey Shock that's mean! I've only been a TRUE fan since 98.. But I watched ever since I can remember..

PhxFan
09-12-2005, 05:33 AM
Been around since the beginning, and gonna stay till the end http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/ups/bounty_hunter_monkey/ani_0_o.gif

6-KINGS
09-12-2005, 05:34 AM
Ok here is some perspective.
The Vikings have lost 18 of their 44 openers prior to today.
Keep in mind the Vikings have had 24 playoffs seasons
In 6 of of those seasons they have opened with a loss.
That is 25% of all their playoff years.
1 of those seasons was a Super Bowl year.

6-kings

finnishvikingsfan
09-12-2005, 05:36 AM
brillant!

ultravikingfan
09-12-2005, 05:37 AM
"PhxFan" wrote:

Been around since the beginning, and gonna stay till the end http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/ups/bounty_hunter_monkey/ani_0_o.gif

1961?

PhxFan
09-12-2005, 05:38 AM
That's an optimistic approach http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/wink/thumb.gif

cajunvike
09-12-2005, 05:40 AM
"mnjamie" wrote:

"mnvikes61" wrote:

SKOL Vikings!

My only gripe is this:

I Live in TAMPA. Now imagine living in Green Bay and loosing to the Pack. Then having the Vikes not play the Pack again for 4 years. That is what i'm living with right now .... lol

But as it says, Undercover Vike Ambassador to the Dirty South !!! One lousy game wont change that, shoot 19 years hasn't changed it !!!!

I feel for you, my man...but just think of it THIS way...it won't be FOUR years...it will only be THIS season...because after we right this ship and win it all in Detroit at the end of the season, those sorry Bucs fans won't be able to say SH*T!!!

Hold your head high in Tampa, dude...and REPRESENT!!!

PhxFan
09-12-2005, 05:40 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"PhxFan" wrote:

1961?
Well just thereafter http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/blackeye/hihi.gif
Since the later 60's

mnjamie
09-12-2005, 05:43 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"mnjamie" wrote:

"mnvikes61" wrote:

SKOL Vikings!

My only gripe is this:

I feel for you, my man...but just think of it THIS way...it won't be FOUR years...it will only be THIS season...because after we right this ship and win it all in Detroit at the end of the season, those sorry Bucs fans won't be able to say SH*T!!!

Hold your head high in Tampa, dude...and REPRESENT!!!

Ohhh, not a problem there. But thankx for the support. I mean really, Wiggy doesnt get screwed .... whole new ballgame. I know it and the Yuc fans all know it. Just a pain to deal with, kinda like all the trolls running around here tonight.

GreenBaySlackers
09-12-2005, 05:44 AM
i've only been mentaly competant enough to understand footbal since 98, so i guess if i lost faith you would be talking to me... good thing you aren't!

DaunteHOF
09-12-2005, 05:50 AM
stay in that mindframe...

TheAnimal93
09-12-2005, 05:51 AM
Shock has been a fan as long as I have. WOW, we are old!!!!

I am not going anywhere but to bed and hope that Tice is still up drinking Maalox and gritting his teeth.
Because that is what I have been doing since 4 o'clock.
:lol:

On to the BenGals!!!!
GO! Fight! Win!!!
SKOL!!!!!!!

cajunvike
09-12-2005, 06:00 AM
MRS. CAJUN'S SIDE OF THE STORY :

Cajunvike was in an odd mood when I got to the bar, I thought it might have been my fault because I was a bit late but he didn't say anything much about it. I don't remember doing anything to make him upset, but I could tell there was something wrong. The conversation was quite slow going so I thought we should go off somewhere more intimate so we could talk more privately. We went to this restaurant and he was STILL acting a bit funny. I was getting really worried, what did I do? What was bothering him? Was he mad at me? I tried to cheer him up, but started to wonder what was bothering him. Was it me or something else? I asked him if he was upset with me, and he said no. But I wasn't really sure. So anyway, in the cab on the way back to his house, I said that I love him, and he just put his arm around me! I didn't know what the hell that meant because, you know, he doesn't say it back or anything. We finally got back to his place and I was wondering if he was going to break up with me! Why didn't he want to talk about this? So I tried to ask him about it, but he just switched on the TV. Why would he rather watch TV than talk to me? Reluctantly, I said I was going to go to sleep, hoping he would get the hint that I was upset and wanted to talk. I was so hurt that he was out there watching TV while I was in here going through emotional turmoil. Then after about 10 minutes, he joined me and we had sex. I thought that maybe he would open up after we shared an intimate experience like that, but he still seemed really distracted. So afterwards I just wanted to leave because I was so upset, but I just cried myself to sleep. He didn't even notice how upset I was! I don't know, I just don't know what he thinks anymore. I don't know what to feel anymore. I'm on emotional overload. I'm so confused. I don't think he loves me anymore. Why does he have to play mind games with me? I mean, do you! think he's met someone else???

CAJUNVIKE'S SIDE OF THE STORY :

Vikings lost. Got laid though!

Next week will be even better...a Vikings win...and get laid!!! :grin:

PurplePackerEater
09-12-2005, 06:01 AM
So much for "Sold Out" games!!

Because we are upset about a loss and voicing our disapproval, we're being told "GOOD RIDDANCE!!! WHO NEEDS YOU!?!?!". Hey, we (pp.o members) are not the only ones upset, did you have the volume turned up on your television? It sounded like every PAYING fan was booing too.

How about we not exclude the Metrodome Fans as well -"GOOD RIDDANCE!!! WHO NEEDS YOU!?!?!"- after all, they're guilty as well!

Maybe, if we were ALL less passionate about our football and the Vikes, we could ALL sit back and mutter to ourselves "it's only free agency", "it's only training camp", "it's only preseason", and (my new favorite) "it's only the first game".

I, for one, DO NOT think that ANYONE is less of a supporter for displaying their disappointment. After all, several “experts� have predicted us to win the SB and our featured back achieved -1 yard rushing! I’m sorry that you do not feel the same level of frustration as some of us.

As I’ve written this, I am sure that a lot of you have jumped in to agree, after all, you don’t want to look disloyal to your team. However, I ask you this, what is a “message board� for if you’re not supposed to celebrate and grieve with your team??

mnvikes61
09-12-2005, 06:06 AM
hey PPE, i agree that we should be upset with the vikings performance today. i also agree that we don't need bandwagon jumpers, that are saying trade Pep, this is all cuz we traded moss and wah wah wah wah. those fans i could definately do without, i know it's definately a strong desire to blame our offense today on the fact that we didn't have moss, but i still see way more potential in this team than the teams we were putting out there when we had moss.

akvikefan89
09-12-2005, 06:10 AM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

Because we are upset about a loss and voicing our disapproval, we're being told "GOOD RIDDANCE!!! WHO NEEDS YOU!?!?!". Hey, we (pp.o members) are not the only ones upset, did you have the volume turned up on your television? It sounded like every PAYING fan was booing too.

How about we not exclude the Metrodome Fans as well -"GOOD RIDDANCE!!! WHO NEEDS YOU!?!?!"- after all, they're guilty as well!

Maybe, if we were ALL less passionate about our football and the Vikes, we could ALL sit back and mutter to ourselves "it's only free agency", "it's only training camp", "it's only preseason", and (my new favorite) "it's only the first game".

I, for one, DO NOT think that ANYONE is less of a supporter for displaying their disappointment. After all, several “experts� have predicted us to win the SB and our featured back achieved -1 yard rushing! I’m sorry that you do not feel the same level of frustration as some of us.

As I’ve written this, I am sure that a lot of you have jumped in to agree, after all, you don’t want to look disloyal to your team. However, I ask you this, what is a “message board� for if you’re not supposed to celebrate and grieve with your team??

There is voicing an opinion, and then there is mindless whining.

"The Moss trade makes the Hershael Walker trade look good, our Offense will never be good wthout Moss."

"Why didn't we trade Culpepper instead of Moss????"

"If we had Moss we would have won"

"Our offense sucks without Moss"

Just to name a few.

This constant whining gets to alot of people's nerves, voicing opinion and discussing is one thing..... Whining is not voicing opinion.

ultravikingfan
Seems like some folks are glad we lost because they can now toss it in other members faces that the Moss trade was a bad idea and it is the reason we lost today. That is what I do not like.

mnjamie
"cajunvike" wrote:

Cajunvike was in an odd mood when I got to the bar, I thought it might have been my fault because I was a bit late but he didn't say anything much about it. I don't remember doing anything to make him upset, but I could tell there was something wrong. The conversation was quite slow going so I thought we should go off somewhere more intimate so we could talk more privately. We went to this restaurant and he was STILL acting a bit funny. I was getting really worried, what did I do? What was bothering him? Was he mad at me? I tried to cheer him up, but started to wonder what was bothering him. Was it me or something else? I asked him if he was upset with me, and he said no. But I wasn't really sure. So anyway, in the cab on the way back to his house, I said that I love him, and he just put his arm around me! I didn't know what the hell that meant because, you know, he doesn't say it back or anything. We finally got back to his place and I was wondering if he was going to break up with me! Why didn't he want to talk about this? So I tried to ask him about it, but he just switched on the TV. Why would he rather watch TV than talk to me? Reluctantly, I said I was going to go to sleep, hoping he would get the hint that I was upset and wanted to talk. I was so hurt that he was out there watching TV while I was in here going through emotional turmoil. Then after about 10 minutes, he joined me and we had sex. I thought that maybe he would open up after we shared an intimate experience like that, but he still seemed really distracted. So afterwards I just wanted to leave because I was so upset, but I just cried myself to sleep. He didn't even notice how upset I was! I don't know, I just don't know what he thinks anymore. I don't know what to feel anymore. I'm on emotional overload. I'm so confused. I don't think he loves me anymore. Why does he have to play mind games with me? I mean, do you! think he's met someone else???

Mrs. Cajunvike = HUGE VIKING SUPPORTER !!!!!!

Man, my woman was so pissed we lost ... she just went shopping and left me with the dog. And he needed to go outside at that exact moment ... if ya know what i mean.

GO MRS. Cajunvike ..... there needs to be more like you in this cold, lonely world !!! I salute you true viking warrior ..... :salute: for placing yourself in the line of fire !

akvikefan89
09-12-2005, 06:12 AM

:P

When I said "good riddance!" you might have missed it, but I was speaking to bandwagon fans who are bailing.

mnjamie
09-12-2005, 06:12 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Seems like some folks are glad we lost because they can now toss it in other members faces that the Moss trade was a bad idea and it is the reason we lost today. That is what I do not like.

If someone does that, they didn't watch the game today and dont deserve the respect of calling themselves vikings or NFL football fans. (not to mention clueless)

cajunvike
09-12-2005, 06:14 AM
"mnjamie" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

Mrs. Cajunvike = HUGE VIKING SUPPORTER !!!!!!

Man, my woman was so pissed we lost ... she just went shopping and left me with the dog. And he needed to go outside at that exact moment ... if ya know what i mean.

GO MRS. Cajunvike ..... there needs to be more like you in this cold, lonely world !!! I salute you true viking warrior ..... :salute: for placing yourself in the line of fire !

Heavy cannon fire at that! :grin:

singersp
09-12-2005, 06:19 AM
I want to start hereing things like:

Did you see the way Darren laid some smack down on those receivers?

Did you see the way Darren ran that pick back 95 yards?

Wow! That Kluwe sure can punt that ball with great hang time! Just what we've been looking for.

Wow! Both Smoot & Sharper got their 1st picks as Vikings today.

Wow! Edinger nailed that 53 yarder. Whens the last time we've seen that?

Positives guys, not gloom & doom.

mnjamie
09-12-2005, 06:23 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Wow! That Kluwe sure can punt that ball with great hang time! Just what we've been looking for.

That's great and all good stuff. BUT, reality also has a flipside ... kinda like the ying and yang stuff. It all goes hand in hand. By the way, the point of all this NFL football stuff ... is to win the game. IF Tice blew it, if CPep stinked, if our o-line didnt do jack ... it all goes together. Kinda the point of the boards, get it all out then move on cause there is always next week.

ADubya26
09-12-2005, 06:24 AM

Great post man, I totally agree with you. Just because we scrutinize does not make us less loyal as anyone else. Expectations are high for our team and it's frustrating to see things go wrong...and this is a place to talk about it. We're all here for the good and the bad, and this week happens to be the bad.

ADubya26
09-12-2005, 06:26 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Dude, come on now you sound like Richard Simmons. That's like a Ravens fan saying "Well hey at least we put a TD on the board with 13 seconds left in the game".

singersp
09-12-2005, 06:29 AM
"mnjamie" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

That's great and all good stuff. BUT, reality also has a flipside ... kinda like the ying and yang stuff. It all goes hand in hand. By the way, the point of all this NFL football stuff ... is to win the game. IF Tice blew it, if CPep stinked, if our o-line didnt do jack ... it all goes together. Kinda the point of the boards, get it all out then move on cause there is always next week.

The fact also is everything you mentioned can be fixed. We need to pinpoint the mistakes & correct them. We have the talent to do it.

singersp
09-12-2005, 06:37 AM
"ADubya26" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Dude, come on now you sound like Richard Simmons. That's like a Ravens fan saying "Well hey at least we put a TD on the board with 13 seconds left in the game".

We're talking about 1 game here. not an entire season or the Superbowl. I sound nothing like that exercise guru. I tend to look at the positives in things & not dwell on the negatives. We cannot simply overlook the negatives, they need to be corrected. I'd rather correct them now after the 1st game & grt the rythm going, then try to do it mid-season.

WBLVikeBabe
09-12-2005, 07:09 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"ADubya26" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

We're talking about 1 game here. not an entire season or the Superbowl. I sound nothing like that exercise guru. I tend to look at the positives in things & not dwell on the negatives. We cannot simply overlook the negatives, they need to be corrected. I'd rather correct them now after the 1st game & grt the rythm going, then try to do it mid-season.

I agree with you singer, and while I don't have as positive an attitude as you, it was nice to see your post amidst some of the other depressing ones. So I will stand up for you to adubya and say at least someone is looking on the bright side around here!

nextvikingsstar
09-12-2005, 07:09 AM
the vikes will be fine it makes me mad tho also how people jump off and boo culpepper and yell to trade him im sure thatll help on espn they broke it down and it was the line the line was shitty thats all there is to it we had no time and the play calling was just as bad first drive we had williamson nears side with no help over top and c pep didnt bomb it out i dont htink he has the faith in his wrs yet

singersp
09-12-2005, 07:16 AM
We'll have a great game against Cinci & everything will be square again & todays game will become history. I'm not going to worry about having a repeat of todays performance until it happens.

ADubya26
09-12-2005, 07:17 AM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ADubya26" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

I agree with you singer, and while I don't have as positive an attitude as you, it was nice to see your post amidst some of the other depressing ones. So I will stand up for you to adubya and say at least someone is looking on the bright side around here!

If I thought we played a well executed game and the ball just bounced the other way, then I would probably be more inclined to stress the positives. But we lost at home to a 5-11 team from last year and our offense worries me. The defense looked good, the kicking game was the best in a while, special teams was decent...but stressing those points and acting like we didn't just get embarrassed is being in denial. It's not like I'm saying F this to the season, its just that I and some others feel the need to vent some warranted frustration and note that we have many things we need to work on.

It's good to be optimistic, but to expect people to say wow what a field goal or wow nice tackle after such a hard loss is just unrealistic - at least in my book.

mnvikes61
09-12-2005, 07:19 AM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ADubya26" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

you and me are on the same page singer, i'm trying to be optimistic person for once in my life. all the things that we struggled in can be fix, heck our head coach was an o-line coach, so we should be able to get that fixed up. i don't know how anyboyd could be negative after watching our D today, we were flying around, and making hard hits left and right. i haven't seen that ever as a viking fan! our ST was actually something to watch instead of cringe about. cheers to you though singer for being positive! :occasion5:

singersp
09-12-2005, 07:26 AM
Adub, vent all you want. You have every right to. I'm not in denial. I'm saying yeah, we got to fix things & improve on things. But I'm also saying we did some good things & improved on a lot of things at the same time. I didn't have a warm fuzzy about our kicking & special teams until today. A lot of improvement there. And the D- looked pretty good out there considering they were out there alot. It was nice to see some turnovers come our way as well.

olson_10
09-12-2005, 07:35 AM
this is the way i look at it...how many teams go 16-0? its one game, whoever throws a single insult towards the minnesota vikings is a complete moron who knows absolutely nothing about football whatsoever..our defence did something today that it hasnt done in many years, and that is give our team a chance to win the game, throughout the entire game! daunte isnt gonna turn the ball over 5 times every game this season..we are in perfect shape, and there is no reason to even be concerned about our team

UTVikfan
09-12-2005, 08:20 AM
If you were a bandwagon fan, and you were called out, would your fragile ego force you to come on a "don't break your ankle's" thread and post a rebuttal with the battle cry of reality?

ADubya26
09-12-2005, 08:30 AM
My concern lies in the fact that some of the things that went wrong today have a good possibility of haunting us all season. I didn't know exactly how bad our Oline sucked, and now I do...plus we might lose McKinnie as well. I forgot how poor of a coach Tice is, today made me remember. I have high expectations and hopes for our team and I'm not content with another 8-8 season. We have too much talent for that.

PurplePackerEater
09-12-2005, 08:33 AM
"ADubya26" wrote:

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ADubya26" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

If I thought we played a well executed game and the ball just bounced the other way, then I would probably be more inclined to stress the positives. But we lost at home to a 5-11 team from last year and our offense worries me. The defense looked good, the kicking game was the best in a while, special teams was decent...but stressing those points and acting like we didn't just get embarrassed is being in denial. It's not like I'm saying F this to the season, its just that I and some others feel the need to vent some warranted frustration and note that we have many things we need to work on.

It's good to be optimistic, but to expect people to say wow what a field goal or wow nice tackle after such a hard loss is just unrealistic - at least in my book.

No offence to anyone, but personally, I agree with ADub's thinking. The way you guys look at it is how I am with my 8 year old at soccer practice (no football at his age here)...."nice job son, that was a great kick!".

Na, that don't fly in the Pros, IMO.

Kleinsasser40
09-12-2005, 09:06 AM
Man, there is no way I am leaving my team. They can go 0-16 and I will still be here. To anyone who is jumping ship...see ya. Just don't come crawling back the day that we make it...

Del Rio
09-12-2005, 02:11 PM
You could have seen this coming a mile away.

People being very unrealistic all offseason getting hyped and then losing a game and all the crap hits the fan. They come here to whine and then someone tells them good riddence lol. Week one and you have people judging others on how to be fans. Fantastic.

singersp
09-12-2005, 02:17 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

You could have seen this coming a mile away.

People being very unrealistic all offseason getting hyped and then losing a game and all the crap hits the fan. They come here to whine and then someone tells them good riddence lol. Week one and you have people judging others on how to be fans. Fantastic.

Right on Del!

What part of the word FAN do people not understand?

6-KINGS
09-12-2005, 03:08 PM
Come on everybody!
SING!

Next time you're found, with your chin on the ground
There's a lot to be learned, so look around
Just what makes that little old ant
Think he'll move that rubber tree plant?
Anyone knows an ant, can't
Move a rubber tree plant.
But he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes
He's got high apple pie, in the sky hopes
So any time you're gettin' low
'stead of lettin' go
Just remember that ant.
Oops there goes another rubber tree plant
When troubles call, and your back's to the wall
There's a lot to be learned, that wall could fall.
Once there was a silly old ram
Thought he'd punch a hole in a dam.
No one could make that ram, scram.
He kept buttin' that dam
'Cause he had high hopes, he had high hopes
He had high apple pie, in the sky hopes
So any time you're feelin' bad
'stead of feelin' sad
Just remember that ram.
Oops! there goes a billion kilowatt dam.
All problems are just a toy balloon
They'll be bursted soon.
They're just bound to go, "pop".
Oops! there goes another problem kerplop

Hurrah kids!!
Now let's get ready for next week!!

Til then this is 6-KINGS saying;
Keep your feet on the ground, and keep reaching for the stars!
:wink:

ejmat
09-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Guys,

This was just week 1. There are a lot of things to improve. The OL looked terrible. Pep made some bad throws. On the plus side I saw a vast improvement on D. B-Will was the same B-Will and Willie Offord missed an assignment or 2. I do want to know why, on 3rd and short, with less than 2 minutes left, down by 4, we decide to have all of our D-backs in the backfield? Not too smart IMO (hence 80 yd TD run by Cadillac).

We still have a good team. Nothing Randy Moss could have done would have made things better. The OL needs to really step it up and Bennett needs to find his holes (yes, there were holes he missed). The fumbles didn't exactly help either. This must have been the worst Offensive game (other than when Wynn started a few years ago) that I've seen in a long time. However, we still could have won if it weren't for 2 penalties that negated TDs. That shows the D is improved. Also, give it up for Keith Newman. Great hustle!

Del Rio
09-12-2005, 03:28 PM
"Bennett needs to find his holes (yes, there were holes he missed)"

Hey every loss needs a scapegoat right? I think you'll have a hard time prooving that a guy who had 6 carries who is running behind a line that is supposidley behind the poor QB performance had very many holes to run through.

If Memo fans are trying to use this as proof he needs to play I think you might need a little more to go on. I doubt he would have done any better with six runs.

ejmat
09-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Actually Del Rio, I'm not using Bennett as a scapegoat. Never did that. The OL did play poorly as I stated but if you watch the films, Bennett did miss holes when he ran. Regardless if it were 6 runs or not. Maybe if he found the holes he could have had more runs. The issue at hand is he has a long history of missing holes. I never said anything about MeMo playing ahead of Bennett. I still think the best RB we have right now is Moe Williams. I said that all along once the wizzinator was suspended.

As far as a "supposed" QB bad performance: Are you trying to say Pep had a good game? I do blame the OL for a lot of what happened. They are MY scapegoat, as you put it. However there were times when Pep had time and he threw ahead or behind his receivers. Hence the 2 INTs by Kelly.

I don't understand everyone's passion for Bennett. The guy has done nothing in this league besides 3 good runs. Anyone that can prove otherwise, I'd like to see it. Yes, he has speed. So what? He needs to find the holes to be able to use it. We debated this the whole off-season. Everyone has their own opinions and that's fine. I have mine too. IMO, Bennett is not a good RB. If you think he is that's fine. As far as Pep goes, he had a bad game. Big deal. His good games far out-weigh his bad. The OL stinking it up put more pressure on him and that had a lot to do with it. The bottom line is he wasn't at his best even when the OL did give him time. He will pick it up and adjust. As far as Bennett goes, I don't think he will.

Del Rio
09-12-2005, 04:04 PM
I have no passion for Bennett. All I am saying is you saying he played a bad game is laughable.

I am not saying Pepper had a good game, what I am saying is if you justify his poor performance by blaming the line, then you should hold the same true for the run game.

It is obvious if anyone is bitching about Bennetts performance then they have alterior motives. I could care less who runs for us, because like I have said I think the run game is screwed by design for us. If someone is riding Bennett after week one for that performance they are only trying to justify putting Memo in there.

As far as him missing holes, I have the film I'll watch it later today if I have time. I doubt there were many holes for the guy. Keep in mind if you see a hole somewhere on the line it doesn't mean that was the hole he was supposed to hit. On a counter with a pulling guard the guard leaves a hole. The cut back is intended to get the LB into that hole, but in the NFL the LB's read the lineman so well there is often no one there.

I will say he kept us in the game with his gutsy run after a dump off on third down where he broke three tackles to get the first down.

VKG4LFE
09-12-2005, 04:04 PM
I'm not going anywhere, just a little pissed right now!! Thank God for the Lions, they made the packers look worse than us!!

ultravikingfan
09-12-2005, 06:21 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I have no passion for Bennett. All I am saying is you saying he played a bad game is laughable.

I am not saying Pepper had a good game, what I am saying is if you justify his poor performance by blaming the line, then you should hold the same true for the run game.

It is obvious if anyone is bitching about Bennetts performance then they have alterior motives. I could care less who runs for us, because like I have said I think the run game is screwed by design for us. If someone is riding Bennett after week one for that performance they are only trying to justify putting Memo in there.

As far as him missing holes, I have the film I'll watch it later today if I have time. I doubt there were many holes for the guy. Keep in mind if you see a hole somewhere on the line it doesn't mean that was the hole he was supposed to hit. On a counter with a pulling guard the guard leaves a hole. The cut back is intended to get the LB into that hole, but in the NFL the LB's read the lineman so well there is often no one there.

I will say he kept us in the game with his gutsy run after a dump off on third down where he broke three tackles to get the first down.

Was it me, or on a lot of our runs up the middle they was not even a hole to find?

Del Rio
09-12-2005, 07:22 PM
The run blocking was horrible, I saw very few holes. The most disturbing thing was the total lack of variety in the run game.

V-Unit
09-12-2005, 07:42 PM
I don't even know if you can call it run blocking. It almost seemed like the O-line was purposely pushing the opponents into the spot where the hole was supposed to be. Bennett wasn't missing holes, he was running into a stagnant pile of 8 300-pound men.

Webby
09-12-2005, 07:47 PM
"V-Unit" wrote:

I don't even know if you can call it run blocking. It almost seemed like the O-line was purposely pushing the opponents into the spot where the hole was supposed to be. Bennett wasn't missing holes, he was running into a stagnant pile of 8 300-pound men.

Which is why, seeing this, a smart RB would improvise, bounce outside...rather than do what he did and keep pushing forward. He certainly is a bottom tier starting RB.

singersp
09-12-2005, 08:00 PM

"ADubya26" wrote:

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ADubya26" wrote:

No offence to anyone, but personally, I agree with ADub's thinking. The way you guys look at it is how I am with my 8 year old at soccer practice (no football at his age here)...."nice job son, that was a great kick!".

Na, that don't fly in the Pros, IMO.

Alls Im saying is don't sell the WHOLE team short just because we had a bad day offensively.

PAvikesfan
09-12-2005, 08:05 PM
bennett is a 2nd down back when you need a change up of speed...nothing more. he is also useful for screen passes.

been a fan since 92...coomba-frickin-ya! will everyone just relax.

two things will happen next week:

the vikes win and we start to forget about this lousy game or the vikes lose and we listen to more of " my fan is bigger than yours" .

for those who have fans that hung like a mouse, don't jump ship yet. vikes seasons are always full of ups and downs.

Prophet
09-12-2005, 08:09 PM
I"m 43 years old and have been in better shape. I could have outdone Bennett's performance yesterday...6 carries for -1 yards? Come on now.

There are so many things to critique from my lazyboy that I don't know where to start. I think I'll just congratulate Chucky and wait for the game next week.

ejmat
09-12-2005, 08:53 PM
I am in no way blaming Bennett for the loss. Most people here are stating he had no holes. All I could see is what I saw on tv. I will agree the OL looks as though they have no blocking scheme what-so-ever. However, I did see holes or openings from the tv picture that Bennett failed to see. That is my gripe with him. He doesn't know how to adjust well.

Everybody else running the ball had more yards than Bennett. Did anyone else have more than 6 carries? I don't know because I haven't looked at the stats. Same OL blocking for them. He did make a nice run on the screen pass. That's the play I like to see Bennett run. I think he is good coming out of the backfield. However, he is no better than anyone else on the team is. Even though Moe fumbled once, I think he is a better overall RB than Bennett. He knows the game better. He shows more technical skills than Bennett. When he starts he is consistent. The only thing Bennett has been consistent with is getting stopped in the backfield and getting hurt. Just an observation folks. We can keep bashing him or praising him all we want. Until Tice realizes that he is no better than your average back (if that) we will be having this conversation alot.

Del Rio, I don't think having 6 rushes justifies him having a good or a bad game. All I know is what I saw in the past and yesterday. He doesn't impress me. You stated how can I blame Bennett and not Pep. I did blame Pep. The only thing I justified was Pep's good far outweighs his bad. Can't say that for Bennett.

Overall I am positive about the Vikings' season. Their defense played well for the most part. I know the offense will pick it up. The main improvement has to be on the OL. Pep needs time to throw and we need to establish the running game.

V-Unit
09-12-2005, 09:05 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

I am in no way blaming Bennett for the loss. Most people here are stating he had no holes. All I could see is what I saw on tv. I will agree the OL looks as though they have no blocking scheme what-so-ever. However, I did see holes or openings from the tv picture that Bennett failed to see. That is my gripe with him. He doesn't know how to adjust well.

Everybody else running the ball had more yards than Bennett. Did anyone else have more than 6 carries? I don't know because I haven't looked at the stats. Same OL blocking for them. He did make a nice run on the screen pass. That's the play I like to see Bennett run. I think he is good coming out of the backfield. However, he is no better than anyone else on the team is. Even though Moe fumbled once, I think he is a better overall RB than Bennett. He knows the game better. He shows more technical skills than Bennett. When he starts he is consistent. The only thing Bennett has been consistent with is getting stopped in the backfield and getting hurt. Just an observation folks. We can keep bashing him or praising him all we want. Until Tice realizes that he is no better than your average back (if that) we will be having this conversation alot.

Del Rio, I don't think having 6 rushes justifies him having a good or a bad game. All I know is what I saw in the past and yesterday. He doesn't impress me. You stated how can I blame Bennett and not Pep. I did blame Pep. The only thing I justified was Pep's good far outweighs his bad. Can't say that for Bennett.

Overall I am positive about the Vikings' season. Their defense played well for the most part. I know the offense will pick it up. The main improvement has to be on the OL. Pep needs time to throw and we need to establish the running game.

Nobody on our whole offense impressed anybody yesterday. So why are you pointing out Bennett? Are you going to start three more threads about how Kleinsasser, Burleson, and Williamson didn't impress either? It just seems weird that you are criticizing Bennet but nobody else.

Mr. Purple
09-12-2005, 09:20 PM
I think it was stupid for people to boo at yesterdays game. Ya we're down and out lets boo...that'll get us goin again...tards

ejmat
09-12-2005, 09:37 PM
First, I didn't start this thread. I'm not going to criticize Burly, Williamson, or Kleinsasser. I have nothing to criticize them for. I picked out Bennett for the simple fact he had 6 rushes for -1 yards. I saw holes that I thought he may be able to adjust to but he didn't. Other backs seem to find the holes that he can't. This has been the history since Bennett has been on the team. If you noticed I also criticized the OL and Pep. As far as Pep goes, I have confidence he will step it up. The OL I'm not so sure. As far as Bennett, he has done nothing in his past to give me the confidence he will step up his play. Is that so wrong? Think about it. That is why I single out Bennett. Let me state again, I'm not blaming Bennett for the Vikings losing this game. Does everyone understand the difference between critiquing and blaming for the loss. The loss, I blame on the poorish blocking of the OL. Pep, I blame for being off target on a few passes. Part of that is because of the OL. However, there were plays he had time to throw and threw behind or in front of receivers. He will adjust and overcome that. Bennett doesn't see holes. Not that there were a lot of holes but I did see openings. I don't know how else to stress I'm not putting the blame on Bennett. I am just stating what I observed.

I get a lot of feedback when I critique Bennett but nobody has given me anything on why I shouldn't. You just question why I do it. I do it because that is what I observe. Not that I don't like Bennett. I think he is a nice guy and tries to do the right things. Unfortunately, in football, being a nice guy doesn't mean you are good. The only talent he has proven to me is he is fast. He also does decent on screens and doesn't fumble alot. I stress decent. He hasn't proven to me he is a premier RB or an every down back. If you can give me something to go on besides 3 long runs 3 years ago, one good game he had last year against GB, and 1 play from yesterday, I will leave him alone. Until then, I have my opinion and I stand by it.

I did look at the stats and he still averaged less than everyone else on receptions. The one thing he didn't do is fumble. Moe didn't have a great game either stat wise but his 6 carries for 15 yeards is much better than 6 carries for -1.

Does anyone else want to question me on my opinion of Bennett? I have no problem justifying it. Just please bring something to the table we can debate. Remember, yesterday's game is not the whole reason I critique Bennett like I do. Does anyone agree with me on this or am I the only one? Maybe it's me being to critical.

Webby
09-12-2005, 09:48 PM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

I think it was stupid for people to boo at yesterdays game. Ya we're down and out lets boo...that'll get us goin again...tards

When will you knock off the name calling? I already offered you a last chance to knock it off, come on now!!

Paulbedy59
09-12-2005, 11:42 PM
I,m old school shock.Old enough to be reminded of Gary Cuozzo yesterday.If I got that NFL,s imortals name spelled right.But I,m not worrying at all.