PDA

View Full Version : OT:Javon Walker done for the season



DaunteHOF
09-12-2005, 03:31 AM
Torn ACL

akvikefan89
09-12-2005, 03:32 AM
Are you serious?

mnvikes61
09-12-2005, 03:33 AM
man oh man the packers are having the worst luck lately. first he threatens to hold out and now he's injuried. dang i'm glad it's not one of our guys. ::knocks on wood::

muchluv4smoot
09-12-2005, 03:34 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Torn ACL


Can't just say that, need a link man.

akvikefan89
09-12-2005, 03:34 AM
I'm reading that he is getting an MRI on Monday....

PAvikesfan
09-12-2005, 03:35 AM
you have a link yet...cause that is like 1/4 of their offense which isn't much looking at the 17 to 3 detriot win today...

muchluv4smoot
09-12-2005, 03:35 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

I'm reading that he is getting an MRI on Monday....


Yeah, I don't even think they can do an MRI yet. I think the swelling needs to go down some first, but could be wrong.

bono
09-12-2005, 03:38 AM
Hey all,
I got this off the wire (AP) at my job:

BC-FBN--Packers-Walker Injured, 1st Ld-Writethru,0270
Green Bay’s Walker injures knee
Eds: UPDATES with detail, comment.
DETROIT — Green Bay receiver Javon Walker injured his right knee in the third quarter against Detroit and did not return Sunday.
“It was his ACL,� Packers coach Mike Sherman said after the Lions won 17-3.
Sherman said the team will not know how serious the injury is until Walker has an MRI on Monday.
Walker was hurt when he caught a 55-yard pass — negated by a pass-interference call on him — and was tackled by safety Terrence Holt.
As Walker lay on the turf, he grabbed his right knee. After trainers attended to him for a few minutes, he gingerly walked toward the bench. He was later taken to the locker room on a cart, once shaking his head from side to side.
Walker, Green Bay’s top receiver, had four receptions for 27 yards against Detroit. He extended his streak with a catch to 38 games, including playoffs.
After threatening to hold out of training camp for a new contract, Walker reported. He said the best way to prove his worth wasn’t to withhold his services, but to put his talents back on display.
He’s due $515,000 this season, the fourth of a five-year deal he signed in 2002 for $7.485 million. The Packers refused his agent’s overtures for a hefty pay raise or to shop him around.
Walker was Green Bay’s MVP last season and earned his first trip to the Pro Bowl. In his third season, he led the team with 89 receptions for 1,382 yards and 12 touchdown receptions, all career highs.
AP-CS-09-11-05 2127EDT

GQVikesfan
09-12-2005, 03:39 AM
Its true, he's out for the season!


http://www.packersnews.com/archives/news/breakpack_22558602.shtml

snowinapril
09-12-2005, 03:41 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4861760

muchluv4smoot
09-12-2005, 03:43 AM
"GQVikesfan" wrote:

Its true, he's out for the season!


http://www.packersnews.com/archives/news/breakpack_22558602.shtml



Wow! That really hurts GB a lot.

ItalianStallion
09-12-2005, 03:43 AM
Wow bad news for them.

akvikefan89
09-12-2005, 03:45 AM
Wow, if that is true the packers are finished.

MinnesotaFury
09-12-2005, 03:45 AM
guys lets not start any rumors before they come true. Lets just wait this thing out until monday or whenver the results come in, and then we can rub it in the Packer Backer's face.

LuckyVike
09-12-2005, 03:46 AM
Sux for them!

ADubya26
09-12-2005, 03:51 AM
Wow Favre probably wishes he retired. He looked like he was going to kill his Oline at the end of the game, and now this. Wow.

GreenBaySlackers
09-12-2005, 03:52 AM
holy sheeit!

PAvikesfan
09-12-2005, 03:55 AM
wow...bad luck for the pack...

PurplePeopleEaters
09-12-2005, 03:56 AM
Bad luck. They are done for the year.

akvikefan89
09-12-2005, 03:58 AM
Packers | Walker Likely Done for the Season
Sun, 11 Sep 2005 18:35:42 -0700

Updating previous reports, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports it appears Green Bay Packers WR Javon Walker (knee) suffered a torn ACL Sunday, Sept. 11, when he went down in the third quarter of the team's game against the Detroit Lions. Head coach Mike Sherman said, from what he understands, it is an ACL injury. However, the team is not going to make a determination on his status until he undergoes an MRI Monday, Sept. 12. Sherman went on to note that he doubts Walker will be able to return "anytime in the near future." When Sherman was asked if the injury was likely season ending, he replied: "Most of the time."

michaelmazid
09-12-2005, 03:58 AM
they were already done for the year.

Mr. Purple
09-12-2005, 03:59 AM
Man thats a tough loss, I dont wish anything like that on anyone. But i'm not "depressed" lol...all the pack fans ...hahahah, to bono...sorry man.

GQVikesfan
09-12-2005, 04:01 AM
It really sucks for the Pack, they just lost there deep threat.

PurplePeopleEaters
09-12-2005, 04:04 AM
"GQVikesfan" wrote:

It really sucks for the Pack, they just lost there deep threat.

They just lost their passing game. They can't pass to Driver the whole game. very unlucky. Did everyone see how badly Favre played without Walker. Damn. I can't even imagine the rest of the season.

bono
09-12-2005, 04:07 AM
TIME FOR "FERGGIE" TO STEP UP!!!
p.s. this is my last post. Due to Caine's downgrading of my ways around here (i.e. giving props to the Vikings when they do good, and downing my packers when they don't!), I don't feel really comfortable in here with you all. (Where's Los when I need her?!)
Hopefully Walker's test come back negative tomorrow! Hopefully my boys can "get 'err done!" next week. Wish everyone in here the best!
Peace out!
The Packer Backer you love to HATE: BonoSugaRay Golden
So long all.

muchluv4smoot
09-12-2005, 04:09 AM
And I bet anything that if we hadn't signed Koren Robinson, they would have definitely grabbed him after this injury. Another good reason for us getting Koren.

It was clear to me today that we lacked that explosive WR out there, with burleson, taylor, and robinson out there. Koren will be nice to have for that, as we continue to slowly work williamson into that roll and let him develope.

I think we may have screwed the pack out of a good #2 WR, by signing him. Now they are stuck with who? Freddie Mitchell :lol:

akvikefan89
09-12-2005, 04:10 AM
muchlove, I want a game analisys.

GQVikesfan
09-12-2005, 04:11 AM
"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

And I bet anything that if we hadn't signed Koren Robinson, they would have definitely grabbed him after this injury. Another good reason for us getting Koren.

It was clear to me today that we lacked that explosive WR out there, with burleson, taylor, and robinson out there. Koren will be nice to have for that, as we continue to slowly work williamson into that roll and let him develope.

I think we may have screwed the pack out of a good #2 WR, by signing him. Now they are stuck with who? Freddie Mitchell :lol:

I got a question though.. since we cut Robinson, is he eligible for the Pack to pick him up since Walker went down or is he still tied up with us?

RandyMoss8404
09-12-2005, 04:13 AM
We cut Marcus Robinson?

Pop goes the red zone :lol:

GreenBaySlackers
09-12-2005, 04:13 AM
"bono" wrote:

TIME FOR "FERGGIE" TO STEP UP!!!
p.s. this is my last post. Due to Caine's downgrading of my ways around here (i.e. giving props to the Vikings when they do good, and downing my packers when they don't!), I don't feel really comfortable in here with you all. (Where's Los when I need her?!)
Hopefully Walker's test come back negative tomorrow! Hopefully my boys can "get 'err done!" next week. Wish everyone in here the best!
Peace out!
The Packer Backer you love to HATE: BonoSugaRay Golden
So long all.

cya bono


btw... los isnt a chick...

GreenBaySlackers
09-12-2005, 04:14 AM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

We cut Marcus Robinson?

Pop goes the red zone :lol:

no, we temporarily cut Krob because we didnt want to guarentee his contract

PurplePackerEater
09-12-2005, 04:16 AM
"GQVikesfan" wrote:

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

And I bet anything that if we hadn't signed Koren Robinson, they would have definitely grabbed him after this injury. Another good reason for us getting Koren.

It was clear to me today that we lacked that explosive WR out there, with burleson, taylor, and robinson out there. Koren will be nice to have for that, as we continue to slowly work williamson into that roll and let him develope.

I think we may have screwed the pack out of a good #2 WR, by signing him. Now they are stuck with who? Freddie Mitchell :lol:

I got a question though.. since we cut Robinson, is he eligible for the Pack to pick him up since Walker went down or is he still tied up with us?
OOps.

Caine
09-12-2005, 04:17 AM
"bono" wrote:

TIME FOR "FERGGIE" TO STEP UP!!!
p.s. this is my last post. Due to Caine's downgrading of my ways around here (i.e. giving props to the Vikings when they do good, and downing my packers when they don't!), I don't feel really comfortable in here with you all. (Where's Los when I need her?!)
Hopefully Walker's test come back negative tomorrow! Hopefully my boys can "get 'err done!" next week. Wish everyone in here the best!
Peace out!
The Packer Backer you love to HATE: BonoSugaRay Golden
So long all.

OH PUUUULEEEEEASE!!! Don't blame me because you got called out and finally had to pay the piper. If you leave, it's of your own volition. That little mercy ploy is about as low as one can go. Are you waiting for the chorus of, "No, Bono, we LOVE you...don't leave us" to begin? Not going to happen.

If you want to go because I refuse to let you flip-flop with impunity...or sucker others who haven't followed your antics for the last 9 months fall for your BS, that's entirely UP TO YOU.

But, let it be known, you are leaving because you can't back up what you say. Not because, "Big bad Caine" chased you out. I never said leave...I said, "Stick to one side of the fence or the other and back up your points"...you can't seem to do that.

EDIT: Added: Your "ways" aren't "giving props to the Vikings when they do good, and downing my packers when they don't", taht's your side line. That's what you do when you hit the wall. Your "Ways" are to post drivel, supported by opinion, then flip flop, and run away. The only thing I can be blamed for is calling you on it.

Caine

GQVikesfan
09-12-2005, 04:17 AM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

"GQVikesfan" wrote:

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

And I bet anything that if we hadn't signed Koren Robinson, they would have definitely grabbed him after this injury. Another good reason for us getting Koren.

It was clear to me today that we lacked that explosive WR out there, with burleson, taylor, and robinson out there. Koren will be nice to have for that, as we continue to slowly work williamson into that roll and let him develope.

I think we may have screwed the pack out of a good #2 WR, by signing him. Now they are stuck with who? Freddie Mitchell :lol:

I got a question though.. since we cut Robinson, is he eligible for the Pack to pick him up since Walker went down or is he still tied up with us?

We didn't cut either Robinson. I'm assuming you're talking about Campbell, and yes they could sign him.

I thought we cut Koren Robinson for a temporary time?

mnvikes61
09-12-2005, 04:19 AM
yah we cut him so it wouldn't affect the cap as much, at least thtat is what i heard.

PurplePackerEater
09-12-2005, 04:20 AM
"GQVikesfan" wrote:

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

"GQVikesfan" wrote:

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

And I bet anything that if we hadn't signed Koren Robinson, they would have definitely grabbed him after this injury. Another good reason for us getting Koren.

It was clear to me today that we lacked that explosive WR out there, with burleson, taylor, and robinson out there. Koren will be nice to have for that, as we continue to slowly work williamson into that roll and let him develope.

I think we may have screwed the pack out of a good #2 WR, by signing him. Now they are stuck with who? Freddie Mitchell :lol:

I got a question though.. since we cut Robinson, is he eligible for the Pack to pick him up since Walker went down or is he still tied up with us?

We didn't cut either Robinson. I'm assuming you're talking about Campbell, and yes they could sign him.

I thought we cut Koren Robinson for a temporary time?

My bad, I know nothing of that subject. I already changed my other post to "oops".

GQVikesfan
09-12-2005, 04:21 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

yah we cut him so it wouldn't affect the cap as much, at least thtat is what i heard.

Yea, so can the Pack come and get him from us? :scratch:

muchluv4smoot
09-12-2005, 04:22 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

muchlove, I want a game analisys.


I put mine in the positves thusfar thread.

muchluv4smoot
09-12-2005, 04:24 AM
I heard nothing about us cutting koren robinson, so that his contract isn't gauranteed???

midgensa
09-12-2005, 04:25 AM
Nothing will be known for sure until Monday ... but it does not look good for Javon.

Caine
09-12-2005, 04:25 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

yah we cut him so it wouldn't affect the cap as much, at least thtat is what i heard.

Anyone have a link for this as I have heard NOTHING to that effect.

Caine

PurplePackerEater
09-12-2005, 04:28 AM
"GQVikesfan" wrote:

"mnvikes61" wrote:

yah we cut him so it wouldn't affect the cap as much, at least thtat is what i heard.

Yea, so can the Pack come and get him from us? :scratch:

Probably.

This will add to the Tice (oops i screw up again) Legacy.

midgensa
09-12-2005, 04:30 AM
I have read K-Rob was cut in a couple of places ... but he is fully expected to sign again on Monday ... just avoiding guaruntees ...

JWalkRulz84
09-12-2005, 04:35 AM
If J-Walk is injured, it seriously deteriorates any chance we had to go about 8-8 or 9-7 this year. I know its only week 1, however when you hear Brett Favre say he didnt know what to expect this season for the first time in his career or the fact that there are many players on this team that he doesnt know, thats now a good thing what so ever. He is the leader and the capitain of this team. Even with Walker out, I expect us to be at about 3-2 at our bye week, but it only gets tougher after that and we could be looking at a 6-10 or 7-9 (AT BEST) in Titletown this year. However, don't get me wrong, I'm about as much of an optimistic Packer fan as it gets and I hold out hope that they are jumping the gun on J-Walk and I still believe, but its tough considering the circumstances. And Vikings fans, dont be too hard on us thoughtful Packer posters.

ultravikingfan
09-12-2005, 04:38 AM
http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13476

Vikings Fan Forum
General discussion on the Vikes.

Walker is not a Vike.