PDA

View Full Version : McKinnie Hurt, Awesome

ADubya26
09-12-2005, 02:17 AM
On the VikingUpdate board they are saying he got hurt at the end of the game and was carted off and was wearing a walking cast. Wow, am I dreaming?

Mr. Purple
09-12-2005, 02:18 AM
Oh ya this is swell, add that to our already pro bowl caliber offensive line...(sarcasim)

PurplePeopleEaters
09-12-2005, 02:20 AM
Great. Just great. We are sure going to have a great o-line against the bengals.

Euphman06
09-12-2005, 02:26 AM
put that folwer guy in

PurplePeopleEaters
09-12-2005, 02:34 AM
"Euphman06" wrote:

put that folwer guy in

Thats what I was thinking while watching Marcus Johnson today. Whew. :shock:

PurplePackerEater
09-12-2005, 02:43 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/jamieanderson/ThenItsHilarious.jpg

mnvikes61
09-12-2005, 02:45 AM
how did he get hurt? i know he didn't play good, in fact simeon rice was all over him, which really sucked cuz that is culpepper's blindspot. was he questionable coming into the game?

ajefx
09-12-2005, 02:49 AM
David Dixon, where are you?

mnvikes61
09-12-2005, 02:51 AM
i think Tice needs to call Dixon up seriously, tonight. so we can begin to get an offensive line that does some blocking! c'mon tice just call him, i'm sure he'd come and play for us.

PurplePackerEater
09-12-2005, 02:58 AM
This situation Pissses me off also. Dixon wanted to come back, even if as a backup for the league minimum. He wanted to be a part of the team and we didn't sign him. WHY?? My TiceOmeter is falling fast!!

vikesfargo
09-12-2005, 03:26 AM
Put Tice in at Left guard.

snowinapril
09-12-2005, 03:27 AM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

This situation Pissses me off also. Dixon wanted to come back, even if as a backup for the league minimum. He wanted to be a part of the team and we didn't sign him. WHY?? My TiceOmeter is falling fast!!

I have been refraining from saying anything really negative about Tice but you guys are about ready to make it alright for me to realy rag on him. I am going to try and wait until week 3 or 4.

muchluv4smoot
09-12-2005, 03:30 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

I have been refraining from saying anything really negative about Tice but you guys are about ready to make it alright for me to realy rag on him. I am going to try and wait until week 3 or 4.

Don't refrain man, I think you would have a strong supporting group, including myself.

I have been vocally against the guy as a head coach, since he was hired and that has not changed.

ADubya26
09-12-2005, 03:32 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

Oh you'll be ready by week 4. Tice has the learning curve of a 3 year old, he is an absolute moron. Honestly, do you ever feel totally confident in a clutch situation that involved coaching decisions and clutch play? I sure as hell don't. We need Jim Johnson or Gregg Williams...then we will see just how talented we are.

ADubya26
09-12-2005, 03:33 AM
silly guy? I can appreciate the sensoring, but that just sounds plain horrible!

mnvikes61
09-12-2005, 03:34 AM
"ADubya26" wrote:

silly guy? I can appreciate the sensoring, but that just sounds plain horrible!
:laughing3:
yah i know i've had that happen to me a couple of times, i'd be reading and i'd be alrighty then that just sounds really bad.

PAvikesfan
09-12-2005, 03:38 AM
tice is and always will be a dumb monkey who is more of Buddy Jesus than a coach.

singersp
09-12-2005, 03:52 AM
Who was calling them plays Tice or Looney? Insanity is described as "doing the same thing over & over again & expecting a different result."

Does anyone see a similarity between that & taking a running back & sending him straight up the middle into a wall of offensive & defensive guys time & time again? I swear, I honestly believe they only have 1 or 2 running plays in the entire play book.

DaunteHOF
09-12-2005, 03:53 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

GreenBaySlackers
09-12-2005, 03:56 AM
damn, mckinnie needs to play, these injurys to our Oline could kill our season!

and about tice, i have the feeling that fassel's number is speed dial #1 at the fowler household...

ADubya26
09-12-2005, 03:57 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I think that just about sums up my emotions right now.

MinnesotaFury
09-12-2005, 05:08 AM
use tice, hes a pretty fat guy, and even if he cant block, he can build a trench, cause god knows hes good at digging us into holes.

mnjamie
09-12-2005, 05:12 AM
"ajefx" wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

jaymz7
09-12-2005, 05:18 AM
McKinnie just got his leg rolled up they said he will be fine and back playing in next weeks game against the Bengals. Man I have never seen people get so nervous after one game. Your ready to call back a retired lineman that if he was that good would have been picked up by the two or three teams that have major issues with their O-line. Not to mention wanting to get rid of the head coach. I agree he isn't the best out there ( not even close) but now that he is suppose to have all of the pieces you should give him a few games before running him out of town. Remember the Vikes were playing the 4th ranked defense from last year.

mnjamie
09-12-2005, 05:20 AM
"jaymz7" wrote:

McKinnie just got his leg rolled up they said he will be fine and back playing in next weeks game against the Bengals. Man I have never seen people get so nervous after one game. Your ready to call back a retired lineman that if he was that good would have been picked up by the two or three teams that have major issues with their O-line. Not to mention wanting to get rid of the head coach. I agree he isn't the best out there ( not even close) but now that he is suppose to have all of the pieces you should give him a few games before running him out of town. Remember the Vikes were playing the 4th ranked defense from last year.

Umm, in case you havn't noticed ... our o-line is in shambles. Take a peep at the tape . Now if you have a chance to bring back a player who is not only capable, but also knows your system ... this time of the year ... for cheap. I think you take a shot on the guy.

mnvikes61
09-12-2005, 05:22 AM
i think Dixon would give us some much needed experience on the line. i agree that his best playing days are long behind him, but we have nobody on the o-line that was good for a long and has any experience. that's why i won't Dixon back. maybe Dixon could be our o-line coach so then Loney could just focus on the offense's scheme's and upcoming defenses

V4L
09-12-2005, 05:22 AM
Wow.. This is just what we need.. Let's hope he can get back in there for us.. He is pretty much our only solid lineman

singersp
09-12-2005, 05:23 AM
"jaymz7" wrote:

True. give him a shot now. Rome wasn't built in a day! Besides who could you replace him or Looney with that knows the system & turn it around this year.

jaymz7
09-12-2005, 05:23 AM
So which offensive lineman do you want to cut to bring him back?

GreenBaySlackers
09-12-2005, 05:35 AM
"MinnesotaFury" wrote:

use tice, hes a pretty fat guy, and even if he cant block, he can build a trench, cause god knows hes good at digging us into holes.
lol wurd

mnjamie
09-12-2005, 05:38 AM
"jaymz7" wrote:

Who says we need to cut an offensive lineman??? Could be anyone?? Not like there's a limit on how many you can have on a team. Lets see, Howry could go (K.Rob taking his place anyways), etc. etc.

Ya need depth at positions in need immediately, otherwise the same problem persists in the NFL. Ya think the Bengals are not going to attack what they see on tape from today come sunday.

akvikefan89
09-12-2005, 05:38 AM
"jaymz7" wrote:

We only have one backup O-Lineman, Goldberg. We'll have to cut someone else if we want to...

snowinapril
09-12-2005, 05:42 AM
"mnjamie" wrote:

"ajefx" wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

I was asking that this summer.

Big C
09-12-2005, 06:19 AM
I have no worries. Remember that we were playing a top 5 defense. Most of our problems were in the first half while Johnson was playing. Goldberg came in the second half and at least helped Culpepper catch a few breaths. We also have a pretty good defense and actually good kicker and punter. The O-line will sort it self out next week. It's always good to get te 1st loss out of the way soon too.

FuadFan
09-12-2005, 06:29 AM
On the subject of David Dixon everything I have heard recently seems to point to him starting a new life after football and not being an option. If he still does and I have heard wrong then I'd say see if he'll come on and cut Devonte Edwards I don't even know why he made the team in the first place.

UTVikfan
09-12-2005, 07:00 AM
David Dixon, as much as I love him, isn't the answer. I have a rough time seeing him, outta game shape, hmmm, make that outta football shape, even being able to contibute.
Tice is a line coach, and eventually they will get that all straightened out. Ugly this game? Yes. Ugly next game? I wouldn't bet on it.
More of a concern to me is that (the NON-injury prone) Mwelde Moore lost his OTHER ankle (most likely why he didn't play in this game) according to Tice. I have seen people complaining on about 5 threads about Bennett's -1 yards (but not Moe's 15 yards...ummm, Moe started). At least he COULD get his 6 carries.

PurplePackerEater
09-12-2005, 07:52 AM
"UTVikfan" wrote:

David Dixon, as much as I love him, isn't the answer. I have a rough time seeing him, outta game shape, hmmm, make that outta football shape, even being able to contibute.
Tice is a line coach, and eventually they will get that all straightened out. Ugly this game? Yes. Ugly next game? I wouldn't bet on it.
More of a concern to me is that (the NON-injury prone) Mwelde Moore lost his OTHER ankle (most likely why he didn't play in this game) according to Tice. I have seen people complaining on about 5 threads about Bennett's -1 yards (but not Moe's 15 yards...ummm, Moe started). At least he COULD get his 6 carries.

I've stated that once or twice and the reason is Moe is not a "Featured Back", he's a "Third Down Back" (he started because Tice didn't have the foresite to aquire a quality running back).

ADubya26
09-12-2005, 08:35 AM

"UTVikfan" wrote:

I've stated that once or twice and the reason is Moe is not a "Featured Back", he's a "Third Down Back" (he started because Tice didn't have the foresite to aquire a quality running back).

Exactly, we think a lot alike.

digital420
09-12-2005, 09:47 AM
The problem with the O line will def be sorted out.. however Tice will do it, i'm sure next game will be 150% different results.

our biggest issue is center.. as i heard it the center left was a gaping hole for TB all day long.. Withrow is good, but just not Birk. Get birk into the practacises and have him start developing goldberg/withrow 2 be real centers.. unfortunatly withrow isn't big enouf to push around D line's. i'll bet if goldberg had a few chances, worked with birk he'd be a suprisingly good center.

but.. the question is will the coaching staff think of something like this to try and AID the team.. or just go into free agency and !^!#@% D.C's connection for a few weeks with his center.

DiGiTaL

VKG4LFE
09-12-2005, 04:06 PM
What's the injury to Smoot, does anybody know?

whackthepack
09-12-2005, 04:23 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Leg craps

singersp
09-12-2005, 04:27 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Leg craps

Leg Craps? is that serious? whatta sh*tty break! :lol:

Del Rio
09-12-2005, 04:28 PM
He got a case of vagisitous.

ravike55
09-12-2005, 04:55 PM
It's only the first game and all I see is negative response. How about some positives? D.Sharper looked great,kinda reminded me of hard hitting Joey Browner for a bit! The team as a whole has a lot af work to do. But the Bungles may be what they need to get back on track. But I have to agree that I would like to see big David Dixon back in there!

PurpleTide
09-12-2005, 05:13 PM
The Bengals may be an all around better team than the Bucs, so we'd better shore up that o-line, and we will. The offensive line and running game always take the longest to get rolling. Losing Mount Mckinnie would be a real blow, but they said he was rolled up on and should be ready to go next week in the jungle. Sarcassim or not losing Bryant is not awesome.We need him to protect DC's back.

whackthepack
09-12-2005, 05:34 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Leg craps

Leg Craps? is that serious? whatta sh*tty break! :lol:

Yes, leg craps is very serious and should not be taken lightly. Lucky for us Smoot only had leg cramps, and he should be fine.

Hopefully nobody on the Vikes gets leg craps this year! It would be a stinky year on the field! People would be slipping and sliding, oh the horror!

whackthepack
09-12-2005, 09:32 PM
Tice said in his news conference that McKinnie hurt the top of his foot, and that he is wearing a protective boot, and is day to day.

Which should mean that he is going to play next week.

That is good news as far as our O-line, we need him in there and we need better play out of all of them.

Paulbedy59
09-12-2005, 11:53 PM
If its his left foot we have a big problem.