PDA

View Full Version : Is it like this...

Ltrey33
09-11-2005, 10:29 PM
...on this site every time we lose? I started posting before the Washington game last year so I haven't seen us after many losses on this site. But all I can see is "I told you so's" and negativity all around. This isn't the PP.O that I love! C'mon people, we're a football team. We have bad games and good ones too. I know the expectations were high, but that was for a reason: they should be! Nothing has changed....we still have the same talent we did, so our hopes should be equally as high the rest of the way. So stop with the "We want Moss back" bitching or the "We suck" attitude. Let the trolls try to bring us down, don't do it within our own ranks. I know you're pissed, so am I...but don't let it dash all of our hopes.

PurplePeopleEaters
09-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Tell that to Culpepper then come back to me. He looked like he was going to cry the whole game.

Mr Anderson
09-11-2005, 10:32 PM
I know exactly what you're saying. We don't need moss back, I don't like the told you so's and all of that bullshit either.

All we really need to do is get some real referees to call our games, calm down Daunte, and for Christ's sake just stop it with all of the penalties.

Tice better put these guys to work all week, discipline, discipline, and more discipline.

Our D looked pretty awesome though.

cc21
09-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Our offense was just horrible. They will get better. I don't think we will be in top 10 for offense, but we will get better offensively. I mean could we really get any worse?

ultravikingfan
09-12-2005, 12:05 AM
Good points.

But another forum that is going to erupt into the Moss debate?

**cringes**

Lets keep it sane.

Webby
09-12-2005, 12:11 AM
Everyone relax....everyone is emotional gameday and then it usually simmers down for the week again.

mnjamie
09-12-2005, 12:12 AM
The so called "experts" on fox, cbs, espn ... yadda, yadda, yadda know nothing, i firmly believe this.

This loss is on the offensive line, CPep holding the ball too long (same as last year) and checking out of Tice/Looooney play calls at the line of scrimmage. It really sucked to watch (especially since I live in Tampa and we dont play them again for another 4 years !!! damn)

BUT, kicking game was good and the "D" looked really good. This is normal, as defense always rules the first 1-3 games of the regular season for the most of the NFL. It was a surprise to see from our offense, but in some ways expected with all the new people in there. Also, dont underestimate the importance of Birk being out, nobody cares about the center position until it breaks down and the line is a mess.

PurplePeopleEaters
09-12-2005, 12:14 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

Everyone relax....everyone is emotional gameday and then it usually simmers down for the week again.

I have just simmered down... Thank god. It will probably hit me about tomorrow when I wake up that we lost to the Bucs. :roll:

The only reason I am mellow now is because of the Gay Pacqueers.

southern_yankee
09-12-2005, 12:18 AM
We all love our team, but we're trying to understand what happened. I don't hear one person saying, "Well, that's it, I'm not watching football the rest of the season." I think that most folks are trying to mention the positives also (which I have to say shows more fortitude than I have at this moment). I'm not one of those delusional fans (not implying anyone is here), I have full cognizance of what my team has done in the past and what they are capable of, both good and bad. Am I shocked by today. Not really. I'm never shocked when they lose...sad, yes, shocked, no.

WBLVikeBabe
09-12-2005, 12:20 AM
"ltrey33" wrote:

...on this site every time we lose? I started posting before the Washington game last year so I haven't seen us after many losses on this site. But all I can see is "I told you so's" and negativity all around. This isn't the PP.O that I love! C'mon people, we're a football team. We have bad games and good ones too. I know the expectations were high, but that was for a reason: they should be! Nothing has changed....we still have the same talent we did, so our hopes should be equally as high the rest of the way. So stop with the "We want Moss back" bitching or the "We suck" attitude. Let the trolls try to bring us down, don't do it within our own ranks. I know you're pissed, so am I...but don't let it dash all of our hopes.

My hopes aren't dashed ltrey! Finally someone who seems to share my thoughts.

Mr. Purple
09-12-2005, 12:54 AM
Hey! at first I took this game as a negative, then I sat alone and really just thought about it. and Im real excited about next week. Even the best get beat, what will really show what our teams made of is how we respond against the bungals. Culpepper didnt have any help on the offensive line...and that alone will get ya a bad game. Lets just move on, take the good with the bad and continue this run for the bowl guys!

Mr Anderson
09-12-2005, 01:00 AM
"mnjamie" wrote:

The so called "experts" on fox, cbs, espn ... yadda, yadda, yadda know nothing, i firmly believe this.

This loss is on the offensive line, CPep holding the ball too long (same as last year) and checking out of Tice/Looooney play calls at the line of scrimmage. It really sucked to watch (especially since I live in Tampa and we dont play them again for another 4 years !!! gol 'darnit)

BUT, kicking game was good and the "D" looked really good. This is normal, as defense always rules the first 1-3 games of the regular season for the most of the NFL. It was a surprise to see from our offense, but in some ways expected with all the new people in there. Also, dont underestimate the importance of Birk being out, nobody cares about the center position until it breaks down and the line is a mess.

Oh my god.

Birk is out. I completely forgot. I was actually yelling today about some of the shotgun snaps and how poor some were.

However we had better snaps than the Jets, oh my god was that bad. Well, we need a healthy line, better play calling, better officials, for our QB to get rid of the ball faster, and most of all to stop making so many damn mistakes.

pigskinronin
09-12-2005, 01:05 AM
"mnjamie" wrote:

and checking out of Tice/Looooney play calls at the line of scrimmage.

There are kinds of things we can point at; and everyone did a good job of it. To me it's what stated above: the offense was not prepared and I think Loney has a lot to do with it.

Sure Linehan made called some bad plays, but he was a master at game prepping and making sure his team was ready. Culpepper looked lost out there, uncertain and just not confident.

Time will tell if the coaching staff can turn things around --- or we may be very disappointed.

vikings6490
09-12-2005, 01:12 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

Hey! at first I took this game as a negative, then I sat alone and really just thought about it. and Im real excited about next week. Even the best get beat, what will really show what our teams made of is how we respond against the bungals. Culpepper didnt have any help on the offensive line...and that alone will get ya a bad game. Lets just move on, take the good with the bad and continue this run for the bowl guys!

I agree with everything you said, we will be back next week!

Ltrey33
09-12-2005, 01:16 AM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

"ltrey33" wrote:

My hopes aren't dashed ltrey! Finally someone who seems to share my thoughts.

:grin: Yay