PDA

View Full Version : Give Me Ricky Williams

ADubya26
09-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Having Moss in the past gave us a false sense of accomplishment as far as the run game goes. I've said this before and I'll say it again...without Moss our run game won't be as good. Onterrio Smith is the only back that could possibly be a solution to our running woes, and he is out for the year.

Here's a prediction for you all to jot down. If he is available, we will get Ricky Williams. Why? Because he is the only way Tice and Co. can keep their jobs.

Good teams have effective ground games and good defenses. I think we do have a good defense now, its just that they are on the field 70% of the time. We need a solid workhorse...every good team has one.

As far as Ricky's off-field issues, at this point who cares? We signed Robinson who has problems, our Pro Bowl DT has some problems...but winning and being around a good work environment can be a good thing for some people. I hope Tice takes a chance, because if he does we can be a Superbowl contender. If not, we will have to suffer on offense because of our O-line problems.

ultravikingfan
09-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Did you and Ricky smoke recently?

:lol:

LuckyVike
09-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Can you explain to me why Moore or Fason didn't get any rushes?? I remember looking at the stats on nfl.com and it said Bennett had 6 rushes for -1 yards... he's pathetic... :roll:

ADubya26
09-11-2005, 10:32 PM
I don't understand why they didnt get in there either. Either way, I dont think they could have done too much because the line was like swiss cheese, but it was probably worth a shot. God I really wish we would have picked up Travis Henry. RBs like Henry and Williams both excelled with below average Olines...

FuadFan
09-11-2005, 10:46 PM
He is not succeding with the Titans offensive line.

finnishvikingsfan
09-11-2005, 10:48 PM
Alexander may become a free agent at the end of the season he will be a nice pick up.

V4L
09-11-2005, 10:49 PM
Bennett didn't get any yards because our O-line was horrible.. How many yards did Moe get? I would be so stoked to have Ricky! Atleast Bennett made something happen with that screen pass

Del Rio
09-11-2005, 10:49 PM
"ADubya26" wrote:

Having Moss in the past gave us a false sense of accomplishment as far as the run game goes. I've said this before and I'll say it again...without Moss our run game won't be as good. Onterrio Smith is the only back that could possibly be a solution to our running woes, and he is out for the year.

Here's a prediction for you all to jot down. If he is available, we will get Ricky Williams. Why? Because he is the only way Tice and Co. can keep their jobs.

Good teams have effective ground games and good defenses. I think we do have a good defense now, its just that they are on the field 70% of the time. We need a solid workhorse...every good team has one.

As far as Ricky's off-field issues, at this point who cares? We signed Robinson who has problems, our Pro Bowl DT has some problems...but winning and being around a good work environment can be a good thing for some people. I hope Tice takes a chance, because if he does we can be a Superbowl contender. If not, we will have to suffer on offense because of our O-line problems.

This isn't a player problem at the RB position this is a coaching problem.

vikesfargo
09-11-2005, 10:51 PM
So we are suppoesd to get a dope smoker to replace Randy Moss?

I've thought all along that it was a huge mistake to trade Moss. We should have traded the rest of the team and fired the coacing staff and started over with just Moss and a bunch of new guys before we traded Moss.

ItalianStallion
09-11-2005, 10:57 PM
It is our O-line that needs help. Nobody can run through a 2 inch hole. Not having Birk is killer.

kamikrazy_man
09-11-2005, 10:58 PM
its not the rb fault whether it be bennett,moe,or memo our oline is garbage and dont matter who is back there.loney sucks and he should just worry about the o line

vikesfargo
09-12-2005, 12:01 AM
Not having Moss = killing the running game because the defense isn't triple covering him

The only thing propping up Mike Tice's job was Randy Moss. Goodbye, Tice.

grpape
09-12-2005, 07:39 PM
Hey Vikesfargo,
How about adding something helpful instead of stating something that has been discussed to death already! Let it go man, Randy is gone! Contribute something that is insightful and intellegent to the conversation. We all know what Randy did to open up the run game, but didn't MM get his better games while Randy was out? Sorry if I'm wrong, but the team did okay when he was hurt. Other problems man. The O-line needs to figure itself out and get comfortable with eachother. They also need someone out there to lead them, it's just too bad that Birk is out. They have no other choice then to get better!

VegasLadyJae
09-12-2005, 07:43 PM
"kamikrazy_man" wrote:

its not the rb fault whether it be bennett,moe,or memo our oline is garbage and dont matter who is back there.loney sucks and he should just worry about the o line

True........ I hate people who are slow to react. Goldberg adjustment should have been made a lot earlier!

Prophet
09-12-2005, 07:45 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

This isn't a player problem at the RB position this is a coaching problem.

Amen, that seems rather obvious.

cajunvike
09-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Once the line gets their crap together, we should be fine on offense. But how 'bout that Vikings D...except for that last long run by C. Williams, they were pretty stout!