PDA

View Full Version : Stadium deal coming closer, RETRACTABLE ROOF???

akvikefan89
09-11-2005, 07:31 AM
http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5608033.html

Important piece of article:

...The Minnesota Vikings are close to an agreement with Anoka County for a football stadium in Blaine that a top county official said would include both parties investing roughly $240 million and may feature a retractable roof.

Margaret Langfeld, chairwoman of the Anoka County Board, said Saturday that she and other top county officials had been meeting almost daily with the Vikings, and that new Vikings owner Zygi Wilf told the county on Friday he expected a deal to be finalized by the end of this week...

I liked Zygi from the start, He is the man!!!

Ltrey33
09-11-2005, 07:57 AM
Awesome! A retractable roof would be stellar....any new stadium would be nice though!

mnjamie
09-11-2005, 08:01 AM
Ziggi will get the job done. If he's already talking about putting up roughly $250 million of his own money, he's serious. And with that amount of money vested, he won't let it be a joke stadium ... it will rock.

cajunvike
09-11-2005, 08:06 AM
Retractable roof...best of BOTH worlds...that will rock...and will probably guarantee a future Super Bowl or two in the TC!!!

VegasLadyJae
09-11-2005, 08:07 AM
I Love men who get down to business!!!!

ChiTownVike
09-11-2005, 08:11 AM
Exaclty, he came here, hes a free spender and now hes getting a stadium deal done. Dude this guy is awesome

mnjamie
09-11-2005, 08:17 AM
Here's one that I think hasn't been posted as of yet:

Wilf Close to Blaine Deal

By Viking Update Staff
Date: Sep 10, 2005

The Vikings are expected to announce they have reached an agreement with Anoka County to build a new Vikings stadium.

The stadium talk around Minnesota has been buzzing for months, but for Vikings owner Zygi Wilf, the talk hasn't been complete enough.

With the potential for the governor to call a special session of the State Legislature, one of the items that would likely be handled as part of it would be discussion on a new Gophers stadium and a potential final vote on a new Twins stadium already approved by local officials.

But absent from those talks has been discussion of a new Vikings stadium. At first, legislative leaders said there wasn't much of a reason to discuss a Vikings stadium, because there wasn't much of a need for it, because there wasn't even a concept plan in place. Expect that could change.

VU has been told that Wilf plans to announce that an agreement has been reached with Anoka County to eventually build a stadium north of Anoka. No timetable is currently being set as to when construction could start or when the Vikings could take occupancy. However, Wilf has pledged to kick in $250 million to get the stadium built.

If the language of the agreement can be finalized in time, if a special session is called later this month or in October, the Vikings might finally get themselves into political debate to get their stadium deal off the ground.

akvikefan89
09-11-2005, 08:18 AM
I can't sleep at all! everything is panning out for the Vikes!!!

audioghost
09-11-2005, 09:15 AM
Wow, that was quick....good to see how a real business man operates....not some penny pinching Billionaire with no ballz like Red, that dude fedus fans sooo much crap....I'm glad he's gone....

Lando
09-11-2005, 10:33 AM
Yes, the new ownership is GOOOOD! Go Zygi!

BigEasyViking
09-11-2005, 11:03 AM
I really can't say enough about the Wilf family. We were all kind of worried when they came to town but they have proved to all of us that they had good intentions. Everything that they have done so far has shown me that they will accept nothing but the best for our vikes. Keep up the STELLAR work Zig! I commend you and thank you!

singersp
09-11-2005, 01:10 PM
He's been sincere & honest from day 1. I for 1 was a little gun-shy at 1st. what with previous oners & such. He doing everything he's promised to do & more!
Thanx to him, training camp was free. Buisnessman? It's more like Family man taking care of buisness!
If we do the award thing A-dubya was talking about, I vote Zygi gets the 1st award.
Zygi also stated he would build the best stadium in the league - I believe him wholeheartedly.

PurplePeopleEaters
09-11-2005, 01:45 PM
A rectractable roof would be so cool. That way if it is snowing outside we can still play outdoors like the norseman of old but if it is crappy rain outside then we can just put up the roof. I like Zygi more and more every day...