PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Defense: "You aint seen nothin yet"

akvikefan89
09-11-2005, 07:23 AM
http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5607943.html
I am not going to be able to sleep a wink tonight. These guys are going out with such a "we're gonna roll over you and ther aint nothin you can do about it" attitude.

Mr. Purple
09-11-2005, 07:34 AM
Well I peeded my pants after I read that...That was amazing...now will every person who complained about the defense in preseason shut up=) lol

akvikefan89
09-11-2005, 07:36 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

Well I peeded my pants after I read that...That was amazing...now will every person who complained about the defense in preseason shut up=) lol
lol, same here :grin:

singersp
09-11-2005, 07:46 AM
"There were definitely packages that we didn't even use last year," Winfield said. "We have a lot more talent, a lot more veterans out here that know what their jobs are and what area they are supposed to be in. It will be totally different. We're going to blitz a lot more, play a lot more man-to-man coverage; we're going to do a lot of things."

OOOOH! This is way to good! Man-to-Man coverage, a lot more Blitzes & we ain't seen nothing yet! Now I'm not able to sleep tonight! And I got a 2-1/2 hour drive up to the Thunder Dome tomorrow! It'll be well worth it & loud. Man will it be loud!

akvikefan89
09-11-2005, 07:47 AM
So who is going to need to take sleeping pills? :lol:

VegasLadyJae
09-11-2005, 07:49 AM
I Believe by the 2nd half, Griese will be freaking out! Too many Williams', Smoot's mouth runnin all over the place, names he can't pronounce all up in his grill,Erasmus,Udeze, like Bush a deficit he can't overcome,Simms in the 4th wondering why did I want to play?....It is going to rock in the Metrodome! I wonder if Zygi really knows how loud it can get in there. After the game I think he'll be out in Blaine building the stadium by himself muttering; I got a winner, I got a winner.......Predicting 31-17...Key play screen pass to Bennet.....C ya!!!!

mnvikes61
09-11-2005, 07:51 AM
11 more hours til kick off. man i can't wait! i can't remeber feeling so anxious for the year to start, i always love it when football comes around, but dang this year feels like something special is going to happen :grin:

singersp
09-11-2005, 07:53 AM
Someone needs to send an e-mail of that story to that Pirate Troll b@st@rd XxxHXCxxX toot sweet! He has this illusion that the Bucs will score 31 points!

I wish I had his phone number so I can call him up after the game & when he answers, just laugh my arse off & then hang up on him.

mnjamie
09-11-2005, 07:54 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

So who is going to need to take sleeping pills? :lol:

I'm still up ... cant sleep .. almost 2am here in Tampa. Got my jersey and gear ready, the woman's jersey and gear is ready and received the dogs Culpepper jersey for him to wear tommorrow in the mail today ... his Vikings leash came earlier this week. Put up the 8ft inflatable viking in the yard for all the puke Buc's fans to see (it lights up also, so is up all night), all other vikings wall hangings are already up (stay up all year long), dusted the 57" and adjusted all the settings for perfect picture and sound, double checked the dish so the NFL ticket comes in perfect and all the games set on the Turbo setting ... the wings are in the fridge ready for the crock pot in the morning and the Coronas are already on ice!!! Sooo can't wait.

mnvikes61
09-11-2005, 07:55 AM
:lol:
i hope he shows up after the game, so we can all ask him, "how bout those bucs? they're really taking no prisioners this year!"

Mr. Purple
09-11-2005, 07:59 AM
11 more hours til kick off. man i can't wait! i can't remeber feeling so anxious for the year to start, i always love it when football comes around, but dang this year feels like something special is going to happen -mnvike

exactly...Im so darn excited right now, ive never felt this way about the first game of the season

Ltrey33
09-11-2005, 07:59 AM
Yay :grin:

Mr. Purple
09-11-2005, 08:03 AM
Ok its 2 here, so I'm gonna try and get some sleep..if not i'll be back...BUT...oh god I cant sleep what am I thinking???!!!

ThorSPL
09-11-2005, 03:41 PM

Ok its 2 here, so I'm gonna try and get some sleep..if not i'll be back...BUT...oh god I cant sleep what am I thinking???!!!

I have it even worse....I woke myself UP early cause I was exciting.... 7 am

7 AM! I don't get up at 7 am.....
Usually it's in time to shower and turn on the TV!

Frickin 7 am...

GQVikesfan
09-11-2005, 03:50 PM
"ThorSPL" wrote:

I have it even worse....I woke myself UP early cause I was exciting.... 7 am

7 AM! I don't get up at 7 am.....
Usually it's in time to shower and turn on the TV!

Frickin 7 am...

I slept at 1 am and woke up at 5 am! I cant sleep at all!

NordicNed
09-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Hey GQ,

Did you try to count those sheep insted of pushing them around with your chin :lol:

snowinapril
09-11-2005, 04:00 PM
It is like Xmas morning, can't wait to open the presents at noon.

SamDawg84
09-11-2005, 04:00 PM
lol

snowinapril
09-11-2005, 04:05 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

Hey GQ,

Did you try to count those sheep insted of pushing them around with your chin :lol:

I tried counting sheep but saw the Viking D taking turns tackling the sheep. The sheep weren't jumping a fence, they were trying to jump over the goal line.

Anyone catch the small paragraph on how the MOSS trade freed up $2 million so we could go after free agents. I am glad we had that money or we wouldn't have been able to pick up K-Rob (sarcasm). :roll:

GQVikesfan
09-11-2005, 04:10 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

Hey GQ,

lol, No I didnt try counting sheep. I did watch NFL playbook though on NFL network last night thinking that it can eaze my football mind but it made me more excited for today. Its been a long offseason and the season is finally here.. its game time!

vikings6490
09-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Wow! I can't wait to see this D play

hovan
09-11-2005, 04:40 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

Hey GQ,

DANG IT, I ALWAYS WAKE UP WAY TO EARLY ON V DAY!!!!! :lol: I'm not lucky like most you in MINNE who get to roll out of the sack order some pizza and cheer. I've got to travel to the Pub that will put on the Vike game with sound. Have fun y'all

sitandbehitski
09-11-2005, 04:50 PM
I've been up since 7:30!!! It's almost 10 now, I can't wait to see Griese on his ass as Sharper high-steps into the endzone for an interception returned for a TD!!! AAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH START THE GAME!!!!!

PurplePeopleEaters
09-11-2005, 04:53 PM
Wow. Great article. It is almost 11:00 here in NC and everything is fairly quiet. I don't know what to do while waiting for kickoff... maybe I will read the paper...

Quick question--

Which TV do I watch

1. The small flat screen in the Kitchen--is not good or bad luck
2. The medium sized TV in the Family Room--Is usually good luck
3. The big screen Upstairs--34-31 happened there and the packers loss but I watched 31-17 there....

and other question--

What do I eat for lunch... QUESADILLAS ARE OUT OF THE QUESTION- THE MOST UNLUCKY FOOD ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

SJHILL
09-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Do people watch Fox or ESPN pregame shows? Fox sucks.

snowinapril
09-11-2005, 05:48 PM
"GQVikesfan" wrote:

"VikingNed" wrote:

Hey GQ,

lol, No I didnt try counting sheep. I did watch NFL playbook though on NFL network last night thinking that it can eaze my football mind but it made me more excited for today. Its been a long offseason and the season is finally here.. its game time!

I tried to watch the Playbook this morning and I had to switch back to ESPN cause I couldn't stand Sharpe ragging on everyone (except for the Pakcers). I wouldn't be able to sleep if I watched the whole show with him in it. I think that thatjust added to your sleeping problem last night.

I missed whatever he said about the Vikes but I am sure it wasn't anything positive.

ADubya26
09-11-2005, 05:52 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Let's get this thing started