PDA

View Full Version : Robinson Rankings

ShanePurpleBlood
09-09-2005, 10:57 PM
Here is another article on rankings.

10. Minnesota Vikings – This offense killed people last year when Mewelde Moore was having big games. Michael Bennett may have returned just in time to start the season, but if he starts slow, don't be shocked if the Vikings give Moore the bulk of the carries.

Read on:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-rankings090605&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

olson_10
09-09-2005, 11:20 PM
hahah oh well, just let ppl keep talking and underestimating the vikes..they will be kicking themselves by the end of the season

ShanePurpleBlood
09-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Now we are down to 12. I thought Robinson might jump ship, but not yet.

12. Minnesota Vikings (0-1) – Even with all the ugliness, the Vikings had their chances to pull out a win over Tampa. There are a lot of things to clean up. The offensive line is a mess; Mike Tice has butchered the running back situation and Daunte Culpepper is fumbling again.

Read:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-rankings091305&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Hooversham
09-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Ummm..... that's actually a very fair assessment. In fact, I thought they were being rather kind. I won't jump ship yet, but one more week like the last, and they won't crack the top 17.

Jviking
09-14-2005, 04:56 PM
I agree it is a fair assessment. we are better than how we played last week. i am actually surprised we are not ranked lower. i do believe that this loss will motivate us to step up and make some changes and get back on track.

Mr. Purple
09-14-2005, 05:22 PM
HOW IS IT THAT PHILLY AND CAROLINA, BUT LOOSE IN WEEK 1 BUT REMAIN ON TOP? cuz all they look and judge upon is last year. They are so hypocrits...i cant stand it

Mr. Purple
09-14-2005, 05:23 PM
and also, Miami IMO sure looked like a good team, but they sucked last year right? so drop them all the way to 28...These rankings are biased and soley ride on teams of last year.

michaelmazid
09-14-2005, 09:27 PM
I am not sure if we are better than the ravens after seeing the game on sunday.

ultravikingfan
09-14-2005, 09:29 PM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

One thing I am sure of, the Ravens Offense needs help.

or

The Colts Defense is that good!

V-Unit
09-15-2005, 01:00 AM
These hurt, a lot.

ESPN
13 (4) Vikings 0-1-0 So, that whole they'll be better without Randy Moss thing didn't get off to a great start, huh?

CBS
14 Minnesota Vikings 10
The Vikings were a big flop on Sunday. You can't take away Randy Moss and think you'll be a better team. You just can't.

VKG4LFE
09-15-2005, 01:13 AM
They may hurt our ego, but they mean absolutely nothing! It's not loke college football remember where you have to be in the top 12 to get into the "good" bowls. I know you have to be one of 12 teams to make the playoffs, but you could have the 15th best record in the NFL and still get in the playoffs! I'm not too worried!

Lotza
09-15-2005, 01:21 AM
power rankings mean nothing!

VKG4LFE
09-15-2005, 01:33 AM
Yeah, way to summarize what I put into a paragraph!!! I need to work on that!! lol

magicci
09-15-2005, 02:10 AM
man i thought we were past dauntes fumbles come on daunte we dont need this, this year.

V-Unit
09-15-2005, 03:51 AM
Its not the rankings, I'm just angry that for the whole season, the excuse for every one of our losses is going to be "No Randy Moss." I would be okay if the media ripped us apart for poor O-line play, a horrible game by Daunte, and way to many costly penalties, but no, they can't make enough money that way. Everyone wants the headline to be "Moss-less Vikings struggle."

If we had had Moss for that game we still would have lost. Wiggins had 2 TDs erased! What really irks me is how our defense got absolutely no credit for the great job they did. Apparently the Colts and the Chiefs both have better D's than we do. I'm about to boycott CBS, ABC, and ESPN.

michaelmazid
09-15-2005, 05:48 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

One thing I am sure of, the Ravens Offense needs help.

or

The Colts Defense is that good!

I think it was the Colts defense. I wouldn't be suprised if the Colts went all the way this year.

ItalianStallion
09-15-2005, 05:54 AM
Any defense would look good aginst a Ravens offense that decided not to run Jamal Lewis for most of the game.

ShanePurpleBlood
09-22-2005, 04:55 PM
Ok now we are in limbo with no number. At least we are not the bottom 5.

Minnesota Vikings (0-2) – Blame it on Randy Moss and Scott Linehan being gone, or the offensive line's awful play. But the bottom line is Daunte Culpepper threw a lot of dumb passes into double and triple coverage against Cincinnati.

Read entire:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AkirhSC.id5ugPTusqBNjXBDubYF?slug=cr-rankings092005&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

ShanePurpleBlood
10-06-2005, 04:36 PM
Well the pats are not in the top 5 and cincy is, what is the world coming to? We are falling, just outside of the bottom 5. We need to start winning!

FALLING

Minnesota Vikings (1-3) – Daunte Culpepper has been bad, but his offensive line is downright shameful. With the injuries piling up on both sides of the ball, this might be a 5-11 season in the making.

Entire:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvqeQGCRIy3X15jKe.m_pU5DubYF?slug=cr-rankings100405&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

ShanePurpleBlood
10-13-2005, 03:35 PM
We are back in the muddle middle....Beating the Bears probably won't get us out of the middle yet. It will do wonders for our division record.

Minnesota Vikings (1-3) – Just when it looked like he was ready to return from a knee injury, No. 1 receiver Nate Burleson may need shoulder surgery. More bad news for a nose-diving Daunte Culpepper.

Read:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AielHmY1Mnlch8sAw_soxGlDubYF?slug=cr-rankings101105&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

thepacksux
10-13-2005, 03:43 PM
where does this guy get that info, i have yet to read anywhere that he needs surgery

ShanePurpleBlood
10-20-2005, 05:55 PM
This guy is getting as stupid as Dr Z. We are not in the bottom 5, can't complain about that much, but he is talking sh!t about Pep!

29. Minnesota Vikings (1-4) – The Love Cruise might be a good thing. It's keeping people from recognizing that Daunte Culpepper is the worst starting quarterback in the NFC North, and most grossly overpaid player in the NFL.

Entire:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AirXGHNkSXDtkyKyh.buQUNDubYF?slug=cr-rankings101805&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

ShanePurpleBlood
10-27-2005, 10:29 PM
We are still in the muddled middle. A few more wins and we will be movin on up, to the east side, to that high rise apartment in the sky!

Minnesota Vikings (2-4) – After all the offseason hype about Fred Smoot, Pat Williams and Darren Sharper, the kicker is looking like Minnesota's best free agent pickup of 2005. And coach Mike Tice had the line of the week when he said Sunday was the first time he's gotten "negative" with his team in the last two years. Things are kind of starting to make sense, huh?

Read:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-rankings102505&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

mnvikes61
10-27-2005, 10:31 PM
if we beat the panthers, watch our stock go through the roof just because we've won two games in a row. :roll:

Ltrey33
10-27-2005, 10:47 PM
In those rankings Jacksonville is way overrated, #7 WTF?? The Redskins aren't that great, IMO, but I think they are underrated in that article.

cajunvike
10-27-2005, 10:49 PM
I can hardly wait to see this guy and most of the rest of the media eating a huge helping of crow (with no A-1 sauce) at the end of the season!

ShanePurpleBlood
11-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Well this guy is a little smarter than Dr Z. He doesn't have us ranked last. The Smoot comment may have been a bit out there. I see us ending the year with a top 5 draft pick. Prove me wrong Vikings!

FALLING

Minnesota Vikings (2-5) – Fred Smoot might be the worst thing to happen to the Vikings this season. And to think, they doled out a $34 million contract and a $10.8 million signing bonus for these problems.

Read:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-rankings110105&prov=yhoo&type=lgns