PDA

View Full Version : Vikes WR story

akvikefan89
09-09-2005, 07:37 AM
Vikings | Robinson Shakes Up Vikings Receiving Corps
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 19:54:50 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Koren Robinson is getting a chance to revive a career derailed by substance abuse. Publicly the Vikings are saying Robinson will not play Sunday, Sept. 11th, and he may not be ready to play Week 2 either. Privately, though, the Vikings are expecting Robinson to further complicate their depth chart at receiver, which runs five deep. The Vikings now boast three players at the position who were top-10 draft picks - Robinson, WR Travis Taylor and rookie WR Troy Williamson. In addition, their go-to receiver, WR Nate Burleson, has proven he warranted higher than a third-round pick, and WR Marcus Robinson proved himself an asset last season, especially in the red zone. "Wow! That's an impressive group," said Will Lewis, the Seahawks' director of pro personnel. "Even though you lose a guy like Moss, you've improved across the board." Robinson said he won't rock the Vikings' ship. He said he hasn't been this hungry since he left North Carolina State with two years of eligibility remaining.
Good to hear, get ready for the season!!! :grin:

whackthepack
09-09-2005, 04:15 PM
If we can just sort out the running back situation.

And the did not mention our TE's aid another dimension to our passing attack!

ShanePurpleBlood
09-09-2005, 04:45 PM
The Vikings are pushing the Raiders for best 5 WR set!

JWalkRulz84
09-09-2005, 06:20 PM
The Packers Wide Receiver set isn't too shabby either...J-Walk, DD, Robert Ferguson, T-Murph, and Antonio Chatman...I'll take that

whackthepack
09-09-2005, 06:35 PM
"JWalkRulz84" wrote:

The Packers Wide Receiver set isn't too shabby either...J-Walk, DD, Robert Ferguson, T-Murph, and Antonio Chatman...I'll take that

Yeah that is a good bunch of receivers, but we have a better QB at this time to get the ball to ours!!!!

Not saying the Favre of 6 years ago wouldn't be just as good, but the Favre of 2005 is not!

Mr. Purple
09-09-2005, 06:41 PM
Man it would be tight if farve hadnt perfected the art of the interception!!

PurpleTide
09-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Let's hope Koren can run Kickoffs back, and shows some of his speed and elusivness, then by the end of the season he'll get some offense snaps. This guy is good, we can only hope he can stay off the booze train.

singersp
09-09-2005, 07:41 PM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

Vikings | Robinson Shakes Up Vikings Receiving Corps
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 19:54:50 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Koren Robinson is getting a chance to revive a career derailed by substance abuse. Publicly the Vikings are saying Robinson will not play Sunday, Sept. 11th, and he may not be ready to play Week 2 either. Privately, though, the Vikings are expecting Robinson to further complicate their depth chart at receiver, which runs five deep. The Vikings now boast three players at the position who were top-10 draft picks - Robinson, WR Travis Taylor and rookie WR Troy Williamson. In addition, their go-to receiver, WR Nate Burleson, has proven he warranted higher than a third-round pick, and WR Marcus Robinson proved himself an asset last season, especially in the red zone. "Wow! That's an impressive group," said Will Lewis, the Seahawks' director of pro personnel. "Even though you lose a guy like Moss, you've improved across the board." Robinson said he won't rock the Vikings' ship. He said he hasn't been this hungry since he left North Carolina State with two years of eligibility remaining.
Good to hear, get ready for the season!!! :grin:Eat that Madden & Die!

WinonaVike
09-09-2005, 07:53 PM
I dont think you can compare the packers WR's to ours, they run maybe 3 deep if you count Ferguson, who really has done that much. We have 3 guys with 1000 yard seasons, Taylor who has done nothing but impress now that he is with a decent offense, and Williamson to toss the deep ball to. I would rather have seen Kelly Campbell stick around over Howry, but ill take those 5, a six receiver set could complicate things :).

ShanePurpleBlood
09-09-2005, 08:11 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"JWalkRulz84" wrote:

Yeah that is a good bunch of receivers, but we have a better QB at this time to get the ball to ours!!!!

Not saying the Favre of 6 years ago wouldn't be just as good, but the Favre of 2005 is not!

There is no way that the Packer 5 WR will put up better numbers than the Vikings 5 WR!

ThorSPL
09-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Not when taking into account the whole offense... (LINE) for the Packers.

I think the Vikings are far more talented 5 deep than the Raiders, as well.

DarrinNelsonguy
09-09-2005, 08:30 PM
Robinson, if he stays clean and gets rid of his case of the dropsies may help this team.

jdvike
09-09-2005, 09:11 PM
"JWalkRulz84" wrote:

T-Murph, and Antonio Chatman
ummmmmmmmmmm Who? :lol:

ShanePurpleBlood
09-09-2005, 09:27 PM
"jdvike" wrote:

"JWalkRulz84" wrote:

Isn't Antonio hurt? I have a mooron packer buddy in my fantasy, he drafted and is starting Antonio (4th string and hurt).

DoraTheExplorer
09-09-2005, 09:31 PM
"ShanePurpleBlood" wrote:

"jdvike" wrote:

"JWalkRulz84" wrote:

Isn't Antonio hurt? I have a mooron packer buddy in my fantasy, he drafted and is starting Antonio (4th string and hurt).

Tell me more about your fantasy :wink:

ShanePurpleBlood
09-09-2005, 10:09 PM
"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

"jdvike" wrote:

"JWalkRulz84" wrote:

There are ten of us, I am Commish. In Yahoo. 5 Viking fans, 2 Packer, 1 Bear, 1 Steeler, 1 Cowboy fan.

Here is my team Purple Blood:
QB K. Collins
WR C. Johnson
WR N. Burleson
WR L. Coles
RB S. Alexander
RB L. Jordan
TE L. Smith
BN C. Williams
BN B. Edwards
BN T. Williamson
BN F. Taylor
BN D. Bledsoe
K S. Janikowski
DEF Minnesota
BN Buffalo
Total Week Pts: 26

Here is one of the Packer teams The Greats:

QB T. Brady
WR D. Driver
WR B. Stokley
WR A. Chatman
RB R. Droughns
RB M. Faulk
TE B. Franks
BN M. Bennett
BN K. McCardell
BN D. Blaylock
BN J. Plummer
BN J. Bettis
K R. Longwell
DEF Pittsburgh
BN San Diego

I really don't think he will win a game all year, his NFL team the Cheesed!cks won't be much better!

ShanePurpleBlood
09-09-2005, 10:11 PM
"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

"jdvike" wrote:

"JWalkRulz84" wrote:

Ohhhhh...the wink...hehe...my fantasy involves 2 women, some...wait there are kids on line...you better pm me for my fantasy! :twisted: :lol:

singersp
09-10-2005, 12:23 AM
"JWalkRulz84" wrote:

Brett won't have enuf time to get the ball to your receivers. Your O-lines got more holes in it than them cheese hats you guys wear! Why would anyone wanna wear a wedge of cheese on there head anyway?