PDA

View Full Version : What the he**



COJOMAY
09-08-2005, 06:16 PM
Here's a quote from Jon Gruden about Hovan and his excitement about Sunday's game with the Vikings:


"We might have to calm him down; I know he is excited to play," Gruden said. "You guys know he is going to be excited to play Jones Junior High."

Is he saying the Vikings are the equal of Jones Junior High?"

tastywaves
09-08-2005, 06:23 PM
what up with that? Is their a connection between hovan and someone else that went to Jones or is he slamming the team thats about to clean his clock.

pigskinronin
09-08-2005, 06:25 PM
I wouldn't expect Gruden to be disrespectful like that --- why add fuel to the Vikings? Maybe alluding to how it's like a high school game and kids get extremely excited to play?

Curious to what others think that comment is about.

PurpleTide
09-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Fuel the fire gruden, Hovan will be frustrated as He!! getting almost to Pep,
but never getting him. Hovans stats should be:
Sacks: 0
Tackles: 1 (Bennet short gain)
Tackles for loss: 0
Turnovers: 0
Sucking wind: All Day

ultravikingfan
09-08-2005, 06:31 PM
"pigskinronin" wrote:

I wouldn't expect Gruden to be disrespectful like that --- why add fuel to the Vikings? Maybe alluding to how it's like a high school game and kids get extremely excited to play?

I would agree. Gruden, like him or not, is not going to say this. Gotta read it in the proper context, thats all.

cajunvike
09-08-2005, 06:35 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Here's a quote from Jon Gruden about Hovan and his excitement about Sunday's game with the Vikings:


"We might have to calm him down; I know he is excited to play," Gruden said. "You guys know he is going to be excited to play Jones Junior High."

Is he saying the Vikings are the equal of Jones Junior High?"

The only reason to even mention Junior High is to highlight the fact that Hovan is gonna get SCHOOLED on Sunday by the Vikes OL!!! :lol:

ultravikingfan
09-08-2005, 06:43 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

Here's a quote from Jon Gruden about Hovan and his excitement about Sunday's game with the Vikings:


"We might have to calm him down; I know he is excited to play," Gruden said. "You guys know he is going to be excited to play Jones Junior High."

Is he saying the Vikings are the equal of Jones Junior High?"

The only reason to even mention Junior High is to highlight the fact that Hovan is gonna get SCHOOLED on Sunday by the Vikes OL!!! :lol:

Or maybe because Hovan is not so bright or a very good player anymore, that they are sending to Jones Junior High to get re-educated in both!

Kinda the very minor leagues for washed-up NFL "has-beens"! :lol:

singersp
09-08-2005, 06:56 PM
So when hasn't Hovan been excited to play? I've always liked Chris & still do. I wish his performance had been better the last two seasons so he'd still be here. He was always double-teamed & that may be apart of it. Gruden's just seeing for the 1st time how excited he gets before a game - as he did before every game when he was a Viking. He still has a thing for getting to Favre & that's always OK in my book! We'll see the same out of Darren Sharper right before we play the Pack. Perhaps Gruden is just refering to Hovan playing again at Hubert Humphrey Metdrodome. He's to intelligent of a man to down grade a team & come in here over confident.

ultravikingfan
09-08-2005, 06:57 PM
I like the other explanations myself...they are a lot funnier! :lol:

Del Rio
09-08-2005, 07:00 PM
I'm guessing that Gruden is saying Hovan is excited to play, but the guy is such a competetor that he would be excited to play Jones Junior High or what the hell ever.




I am going to make a bold prediction

Hovan will sack Pepper. The bet is on the table now all we need is something to wager............

ultravikingfan
09-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Maybe one of those "jump on the pile" 1/8 of a sack...maybe!

Del Rio
09-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Nope, a regular sack. No mistaking who gets credit a sack against the most elusive QB in the NFL that doesn't have herpes.


:shock: :shock: :shock:

TheAnimal93
09-08-2005, 07:11 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Nope, a regular sack. No mistaking who gets credit a sack against the most elusive QB in the NFL that doesn't have herpes.


:shock: :shock: :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

singersp
09-08-2005, 07:11 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I like the other explanations myself...they are a lot funnier! :lol:They may be funnier, but I'm not gonna bash an ex-Viking that many of us liked when he was here. His performance cost him his job here, not his game-day attitude & love for the game.

ultravikingfan
09-08-2005, 07:20 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I like the other explanations myself...they are a lot funnier! :lol:They may be funnier, but I'm not gonna bash an ex-Viking that many of us liked when he was here. His performance cost him his job here, not his game-day attitude & love for the game.

Wow, I think you are in the minority there.

Many dropped off the Hovan wagon a long time ago...even when he was here. Love for the game is questionable.

JDogg926
09-08-2005, 07:29 PM
I could actually see it happening, but not more than one. With our line still a little shaky, and him being as fired up as he is. I think Hovan needed a change of scenery. He'd done all he was going to do here, but he's still young and has a chance to have some productive seasons in Tampa. Hopefully, though, he does get shutdown against us. As long as that happens, he can get 20 sacks for all I care.

snowinapril
09-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Sounds like he just meant that Hovan would be excited to play anyone after being cut and not knowing his future. It just so happens that he is playing the Vikings so he is escpecially excited. That is how I took it.

ShanePurpleBlood
09-08-2005, 07:53 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

Sounds like he just meant that Hovan would be excited to play anyone after being cut and not knowing his future. It just so happens that he is playing the Vikings so he is escpecially excited. That is how I took it.

True that! He meant he would be excited to play anyone. If he struggled at the under tackle the last couple years (double teams ect.), then I think he will really struggle at the nose tackle position. He will probably see a lot of double teams. I don't think he will get a sack.

singersp
09-08-2005, 07:59 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I like the other explanations myself...they are a lot funnier! :lol:They may be funnier, but I'm not gonna bash an ex-Viking that many of us liked when he was here. His performance cost him his job here, not his game-day attitude & love for the game.

Wow, I think you are in the minority there.

Many dropped off the Hovan wagon a long time ago...even when he was here. Love for the game is questionable. I may be a minority, but that's my opinion & I'm sticking to it. By love for the game I mean he wanted to be in their playing all the time giving it his best shot. His fault was "I'm gonna do it my way" & not listening to his coaches. He supposedly is listening now so that's a wait & see thing. To many players are playing today for the love of the money & not the love of game. in my opinion, all players salaries should be a base salary plus a performance salary for that year. Moe should get back pay. He only gets $666,000 per year. I also wonder how many people jumped off the injury prone Brad Johson wagon once he was let go & are back on it now.

Caine
09-08-2005, 08:12 PM
Wow, I gotta back singersp on this one. His call is, in my opinion, dead nuts on. Hovan never suffered from a lack of drive or intensity...he simply got outplayed to such a degree that we chose to let his contract expire.

However, I'll take Del Rio's bet. I don't think Hovan will even touch Culpepper. I think the intensity is a two way street on this matchup, and the entire O-Line knows that if they let a guy we didn't want slam Culpepper, then that's an indictment of their ability as a unit.

So, what are the stakes, Del?

Caine

PS: I still have a Hovan jersey...I wear it to work because I don't care if it gets messed up :cool:

Prophet
09-08-2005, 08:32 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Here's a quote from Jon Gruden about Hovan and his excitement about Sunday's game with the Vikings:


"We might have to calm him down; I know he is excited to play," Gruden said. "You guys know he is going to be excited to play Jones Junior High."

Is he saying the Vikings are the equal of Jones Junior High?"

Interpretation:

Hovan is a maniac and he scares the hell out of me. I just wish he could play ball as well as his enthusiasm for the game.

singersp
09-08-2005, 08:54 PM
"Caine" wrote:

Wow, I gotta back singersp on this one. His call is, in my opinion, dead nuts on. Hovan never suffered from a lack of drive or intensity...he simply got outplayed to such a degree that we chose to let his contract expire.

However, I'll take Del Rio's bet. I don't think Hovan will even touch Culpepper. I think the intensity is a two way street on this matchup, and the entire O-Line knows that if they let a guy we didn't want slam Culpepper, then that's an indictment of their ability as a unit.

So, what are the stakes, Del?

Caine

PS: I still have a Hovan jersey...I wear it to work because I don't care if it gets messed up :cool:Thanx, Caine, It's nice to know I am not alone. He deserves a 2nd chance just a s much as we gave Koren & Darren theirs. As I recall, they both had disappointing seasons as well. Without Birk in there Hovan might have a shot, he may hurry Dante once or twice, but I vote no sack. Dante's to smart & elusive & knows what Hovans capable of. I certainly hope Tice dosen't take Hovans performance last year to lightly & makes sure the line does it's job. On the other hand, come Sept. 25 when Hovan plays against the Pack, who have let their guard down or should I say let their guards go, I predict 3 sacks for Hovan. That is of course, if Brett can survive the 1st two weeks with that offense line or lack thereof that they've got.

Del Rio
09-08-2005, 08:56 PM
"Caine" wrote:

Wow, I gotta back singersp on this one. His call is, in my opinion, dead nuts on. Hovan never suffered from a lack of drive or intensity...he simply got outplayed to such a degree that we chose to let his contract expire.

However, I'll take Del Rio's bet. I don't think Hovan will even touch Culpepper. I think the intensity is a two way street on this matchup, and the entire O-Line knows that if they let a guy we didn't want slam Culpepper, then that's an indictment of their ability as a unit.

So, what are the stakes, Del?

Caine

PS: I still have a Hovan jersey...I wear it to work because I don't care if it gets messed up :cool:


If Hovan does not get a sack Caine, then I will end every post I make for the entire season with anything you want me to. ANYTHING that will not get me banned. If he does get a sack you have to end everyone of your posts with:

I miss Hovans Mullet, I loved that rugged caveman lover look.

The stakes are high it's time to let the football do the talking what do you say? lol :lol:

VKG4LFE
09-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Keeping adding that fuel!! I'm not worried about Hovan!

cajunvike
09-08-2005, 09:11 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

Wow, I gotta back singersp on this one. His call is, in my opinion, dead nuts on. Hovan never suffered from a lack of drive or intensity...he simply got outplayed to such a degree that we chose to let his contract expire.

However, I'll take Del Rio's bet. I don't think Hovan will even touch Culpepper. I think the intensity is a two way street on this matchup, and the entire O-Line knows that if they let a guy we didn't want slam Culpepper, then that's an indictment of their ability as a unit.

So, what are the stakes, Del?

Caine

PS: I still have a Hovan jersey...I wear it to work because I don't care if it gets messed up :cool:


If Hovan does not get a sack Caine, then I will end every post I make for the entire season with anything you want me to. ANYTHING that will not get me banned. If he does get a sack you have to end everyone of your posts with:

I miss Hovans Mullet, I loved that rugged caveman lover look.

The stakes are high it's time to let the football do the talking what do you say? lol :lol:

That's some pretty high stakes...especially for you, Del...since you post much more than Caine does, you will be paying a much higher price...plus the fact that you just gave him carte blanche to make you say ALMOST anything if you lose...it could be 100 times worse than what you want him to say! :lol:

Del has grande cojones...at least until he gets snipped, that is! :lol:

Del Rio
09-08-2005, 09:15 PM
Oh yeah, but can you imagine Caine the grandfather of logic, of sensability, grammer, getting his point across without stumbling, ending his post with a line like that?

If he accepts this challenge should be front page news, it's big time.

Culpepper has got to be about the hardest guy to take down. This will end all debate about hovan for me, I know he will come through. As long as Pep doesn't get hurt the bet was harmless.

Del Rio
09-08-2005, 09:59 PM
I have to bump this for you Caine, I gotta know man. I don't want any backing out. I'll be hunting tomorrow and Saturday so you better decide quick. :grin:

whackthepack
09-08-2005, 10:05 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I'm guessing that Gruden is saying Hovan is excited to play, but the guy is such a competetor that he would be excited to play Jones Junior High or what the hell ever.




I am going to make a bold prediction

Hovan will sack Pepper. The bet is on the table now all we need is something to wager............


I will take that bet, what is the wager Del!

No half sacks, sack of Daunte by himself.

Del Rio
09-08-2005, 10:09 PM
Same bet as for Caine only I will make up a new line for you.


If Hovan has an honest to god sack on Pepper then you have to add a quote of my choice to the end of everyone of your posts this season. Same goes for me. You can make up anything you want as long as it isn't going to get me in trouble.

So if you accept and Caine accepts then I will have to have two quotes in everyone of my messages all season long. But when he DOES sack him.........oh yeah it's getting dangerous.

I will have to think of a special quote for you Whack just because I know this whole Hovan deal is a tender subject :grin:

VKG4LFE
09-08-2005, 10:14 PM
Sack, schmack Hovan won't get one!

whackthepack
09-08-2005, 10:20 PM
I will accept that!!

When do I have to post the quote that you will have to display.

Del Rio
09-08-2005, 10:53 PM
Just by Monday morning. If you have one now post it if not just post it by Monday. Make it good because you only get one for me to use all year.

Don't waste too much time thinking though because Hovan WILL get that sack. :shock:

VKG4LFE
09-08-2005, 10:55 PM
Oh Del is the one that thinks he will get a sack. I thought it was the other way around. I'm kind of agreeing with del, but I'm not gonna put up some crazy quote all year if I'm wrong, so I don't take the bet!

Del Rio
09-08-2005, 10:57 PM
I just figured I'd make it interesting. :grin:

VKG4LFE
09-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Well, if our D plays like it did last year you don't really have to add anything interesting!!

whackthepack
09-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Don't worry Del I will post it Monday so you can start to use it right away!

If by a miracle he would get one, it would be the only one of the year!

Del Rio
09-08-2005, 11:10 PM
If he does get one, and it is his only one, it will be the greatest sack in NFL history for me because everytime I read one of your posts I will be laughing my ass off at the end.

mnjamie
09-09-2005, 12:35 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

Here's a quote from Jon Gruden about Hovan and his excitement about Sunday's game with the Vikings:


"We might have to calm him down; I know he is excited to play," Gruden said. "You guys know he is going to be excited to play Jones Junior High."

Is he saying the Vikings are the equal of Jones Junior High?"

The only reason to even mention Junior High is to highlight the fact that Hovan is gonna get SCHOOLED on Sunday by the Vikes OL!!! :lol:

Or maybe because Hovan is not so bright or a very good player anymore, that they are sending to Jones Junior High to get re-educated in both!

Kinda the very minor leagues for washed-up NFL "has-beens"! :lol:

Naa, he's already in that place ... The Tampa Buc's. Stuessie is showing Hovan around campus.

DarrinNelsonguy
09-09-2005, 12:44 AM
Marcus Johnson better put that red headed step child Hovan on his back every play but Hovan will probably get lucky and get a 1/2 a sack.

DR who wins the bet you or whackthepack if he does get only a 1/2 a sack in the game?

LosAngelis
09-09-2005, 01:25 AM
Hovan is a poopy head. Always was. Always will be. Poopy head.

Mr. Purple
09-09-2005, 01:44 AM
Hovan wont get to pepper...i'll put money on it

Ltrey33
09-09-2005, 01:52 AM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Here's a quote from Jon Gruden about Hovan and his excitement about Sunday's game with the Vikings:


"We might have to calm him down; I know he is excited to play," Gruden said. "You guys know he is going to be excited to play Jones Junior High."

Is he saying the Vikings are the equal of Jones Junior High?"

This may have already been said, but I think he's saying even if they were playing a jr. high team he'd be excited. I don't think it was meant as disrespect.

Don't be afraid of Hovan though. He was always "excited" to play Favre every year (the guy was downright obsessed) and he never got to him either, so don't worry.

snowinapril
09-09-2005, 02:15 AM
This really did turn into the title of this thread.

What the .............

Del Rio, you are out on a limb. I know it is a harmless bet but you are so confident about this. You will look like a champ IF you win the bet because you are definitely in the minority.

I respect that Del Rio, it is win win for you because it is harmless and if you win you will be the "Football GURU of P.P.O" or "Del Rio the Greek". That should be your title if you win.

Del Rio
09-09-2005, 03:34 AM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

Marcus Johnson better put that red headed step child Hovan on his back every play but Hovan will probably get lucky and get a 1/2 a sack.

DR who wins the bet you or whackthepack if he does get only a 1/2 a sack in the game?

If he gets half a sack Whack and Caine win.

whackthepack
09-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Del good luck hunting this weekend and I will have your new quote for you Monday.

whackthepack
09-12-2005, 05:10 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

Del good luck hunting this weekend and I will have your new quote for you Monday.



Del, after watching the game and seeing how Hovan played, even though he did not get a sack he had a better game then I thought possible from him!!

I think fat Pat had a better game then Hovan did and I am glad we have him instead, but maybe getting let go by the Vikes will help Hovan's career!

As far as the bet we made. With as bad a game as the Vikes had, and Hovan playing better than I expected! I am calling it even and do not require you to post anything.


We are all suffering this week, and I hope that are O-line can get their sh*t together before next week.

Del Rio
09-12-2005, 05:24 PM
That's pretty big of you man.

I would have accepted the bet still though. I thought he playes a solid game, no sack.

It leaves a bad taste in my mouth making a bet like that so that was the last one. I was hoping we would be up by like 40 points and Hovan would get a lonely sack. In a game that close I in no way wanted him to play well. :grin:

Here's to next week were we hopefully take vengance on the Bengals.

whackthepack
09-12-2005, 05:40 PM
I think we see a different offense next week!


So I think we will be 1-1 after next week and the ball will start rolling our way!