PDA

View Full Version : Thinking Back To Beginning of FA

ADubya26
09-08-2005, 06:01 PM
Remember when I said we should grab Travis Henry and I got slammed pretty hardcore for that? Well, not to rub it in but how would that look now?

Even with our Oline issues, Henry could produce. Hell, he had back to back 1300 yard seasons with one of the worst O-lines in football in Buffalo.

I know this sounds crybaby woulda coulda shoulda, but I felt it was necessary to post it!

VKG4LFE
09-08-2005, 06:03 PM
That was so long ago I don't remember! He!! I have a hard time remembering yesterday! I think we'll be ok though!

tastywaves
09-08-2005, 06:10 PM
Travis Henry is good, but he's no Koren Robinson :???:

He'd just be added to Tice's committee with one bad series. :bs:

VKG4LFE
09-08-2005, 06:12 PM
Yeah, Tice puts people in the doghouse too quickly (i.e. Mewelde Moore during the Giants game last year). It kind of ticks me off!

whackthepack
09-08-2005, 06:15 PM
I posted this on another thread, but it is relevant to this one also.

Edgerin James, Shaun Alexander and Travis Henry were all on the trading block. And the asking price was ridiculously low 2nd to a 4th round draft pick.

How good would it be if we had anyone of these guys in purple!

But Tice was set on Bennett, and would not look beyond him being the starter. And now we get to opening day, and we have running back by committee.

This could cost Tice his job, if we do not have a great season our situation at running back is going to be the biggest reason.

tastywaves
09-08-2005, 06:20 PM
I just don't think Tice has the patience for a running game. If they are not cutting loose on big gainers every other carry then its time to abandon the running and go back to passing.

With the high powered offense of the Vikings over the last few years, the expectation is that you need to score every time you get the ball. Well running the ball is more about field position, controlling the clock and keeping your defense fresh.

I would love to see more balance in their offense, I just don't see it under Tice. He says he wants it, but he's not willing to make the commitment to make it effective.

PurpleTide
09-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Come on ADubya lets give our guys a couple weeks to get it rollin before we start a wish list. Someone will step up whether it's MB,MM,MW, or C4,
someone will be "our" guy... skol

JDogg926
09-08-2005, 06:46 PM
Be patient guys, for all we know Moore or Bennett will rush for 1500 yds this year, and Henry will be a backup to Chris Brown and not get 100 carries all year.

ultravikingfan
09-08-2005, 07:10 PM
How does the saying go? "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts the Vikings would have consulted you earleir."

:lol:

hic-agvike77
09-08-2005, 07:17 PM
The guy I believe we should have really gone after was R-dub Mcquarters, he's probably only slightly better than B. Willians at DB but a damn good kick and punt returner.

O-well hindsights always 20/20

Del Rio
09-08-2005, 07:18 PM
You like apples? DO YOU like apples? I GOT HER NUMBER *WHAM*
HOW YOU LIKE THEM APPLES???

snowinapril
09-08-2005, 07:49 PM
"JDogg926" wrote:

Be patient guys, for all we know Moore or Bennett will rush for 1500 yds this year, and Henry will be a backup to Chris Brown and not get 100 carries all year.

The Titans thought that Brown is too injury prone. Henry will get to start 4 games this year do to injuries to Brown. Maybe they should go to RB by committee. All I am saying is that Henry will have his chances and carries.

That is why I wanted to get one of the big 3 in the draft so we could clear the stable and not have this big ? in the backfield. Who knows how the RB situation will play out? Who could have predicted last seasons use of 3 RBs, a guy losing his job to an injury, then a guy has a suspension, a rookie tears it up for 3 games then we don't see him anymore after one bad play???????

Moss wasn't even on the field and it was a freak show, we didn't know from one week to the next who the RB was going to be.

vikings_fan66
09-08-2005, 08:12 PM
I think we will be fine with out Henry. Things will work out and we will have a descent to good running game.

FuadFan
09-09-2005, 06:50 AM
Yeah we made a mistake not going after this guy I mean he only got injured and is out for the Titans opening game yeah real bad decision.

singersp
09-09-2005, 07:10 AM
"vikings_fan66" wrote:

I think we will be fine with out Henry. Things will work out and we will have a descent to good running game. I agree. Our running game should be fine. Our passing game will be great. We just need a more balanced running/passing game. Look to see them spread the running game around like they will on the passing game. A few more end arounds, pitch outs & dumps over the middle etc. wouldn't hurt. I think are offensive play calling has been to predictable in the past few years. My biggest concern all pre-season long was our punting game. At least now I have a Kluwe which direction were heading.

TheAnimal93
09-09-2005, 07:56 AM
Damm if it isnt Mr. "Ahem" Right jr.
JK
At least wait until the game is over on Sunday.
Henry would have been nice but some of us have faith in Bennett. It's not me totally, but there are plenty of Bennett faithful on this board. :lol:

douginc
09-09-2005, 04:13 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Is that from Futurama or Family Guy?

ShanePurpleBlood
09-09-2005, 04:36 PM
"TheAnimal93" wrote:

Damm if it isnt Mr. "Ahem" Right jr.
JK
At least wait until the game is over on Sunday.
Henry would have been nice but some of us have faith in Bennett. It's not me totally, but there are plenty of Bennett faithful on this board. :lol:

Bennett just might suprise us this year.

DaunteHOF
09-09-2005, 07:40 PM
travis henry would have been good, I wanted donovin darius

whackthepack
09-09-2005, 07:44 PM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

travis henry would have been good, I wanted donovin darius

Corey has had a much better preseason than I was thinking and looked more like the Chavous of 2 years ago. He could really help if he keeps playing at a high level.

I agree with the Travis Henry part, we could use that dependable back right now!

cajunvike
09-09-2005, 07:52 PM
"douginc" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Neither...it is Matt Damon from "Good Will Hunting"! :lol:

Ltrey33
09-09-2005, 07:54 PM
"douginc" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Actually it's from Good Will Hunting.

Damn! You beat me to it Cajun!

tarkenton10
09-09-2005, 07:55 PM
Wasn't he in the outsiders too? :lol:

mnvikes61
09-09-2005, 08:13 PM
"ltrey33" wrote:

"douginc" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Actually it's from Good Will Hunting.

gol 'darnit! You beat me to it Cajun!
yup i starting cracking up at that when i saw that quote. that movie is awesome! he really rips that prep dude a new one on that scene