PDA

View Full Version : FOX Sports Viking Preview

cajunvike
09-08-2005, 05:17 AM
Here it is:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4845488

They are predicting that Goldberg will start at center sometime this season...we shall soon see.

natethegreat
09-08-2005, 05:20 AM
i sure hope not, i think goldberg is a penalty waiting to happen, plus i think withrow has learned alot from birk and will do ok this season

FuadFan
09-08-2005, 06:31 AM
Goldberg isn't that bad of a lineman and he was definitly better than that hack Dorsey who we got rid of.

CanuckVike
09-08-2005, 09:05 AM
I don't think Goldberg will be that bad either. He had a lot of penalties when I first started watching him play, but since then he's had some pretty good games. I think he played pretty well vs Green Bay in the playoffs last season. (as did most of the vikes...bummer for bayboys!) Also, I didn't realize that boy was that big! Nothing wrong with have 310 pounds at centre!

digital420
09-08-2005, 10:11 AM
i really do hope that Goldberg takes over the center spot.. i believe with his size, and his speed he'll do well. More so i'd hope Birk sits with him and isolates the two Withrow and Goldberg for serious 1 - 1 training on the position. get all the mental ques down and use Birks knowledge to it's most if he can't play this year.

if it does go this way, i bet goldberg will end up a pro bowl center.. (not just from biased opionin) but he is quick off the ball, and with his size could be a good hole opener / blocker.

DiGiTaL

(sig coming soon)

whackthepack
09-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Melvin Fowler will be backing up Withrow, and may be starting by week 4.

He is the palyer that we acquired for Dorsey in a trade with Cleveland.

VKG4LFE
09-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Personally I thought Dorsey did a pretty darn good job last year for being a rookie thrust into a starting role! But as I say, that's why I'm not a coach!

PurpleTide
09-08-2005, 06:14 PM
Withrow calls a good game, but if we can't run the ball then we should look to Fowler, or Goldberg if he can recognize the blitz and where it is coming from...