PDA

View Full Version : RB situation

catlikethief22
09-08-2005, 03:49 AM
Sorry i dont know if this has been talked about already but does anybody know about our RB situation on who is actually starting against tampa??

vikings6490
09-08-2005, 04:00 AM
According to ESPN.com both Bennet and Moore are questionable for Sunday. So that leaves Fason.

Mr. Purple
09-08-2005, 04:04 AM
Hmm...I think bennett and Moore will be fine bye sunday, they report that becuase they have to. Even if fason does play..well you'll get to see our Future back field god.

viks_fan21
09-08-2005, 04:20 AM
why is he always called our RB of the future. It's not like Moore or Bennett are that old.

akvikefan89
09-08-2005, 04:37 AM
Bennett put in a full practice yesterday. He will start.

natethegreat
09-08-2005, 04:45 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

dang i was hoping moore would get the start, is he still healing or what???

cc21
09-08-2005, 04:47 AM
I hope Bennett starts. That way if he does good, he can stay the starter. If he doesn't than we can get Mewelde in there.

akvikefan89
09-08-2005, 04:49 AM
"natethegreat" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

dang i was hoping moore would get the start, is he still healing or what???
Well, Bennett has been the the predicted starter all offseason, right now it's his job to lose...

cc21
09-08-2005, 04:49 AM
Hey sweet sig ak. When did you make that?

ultravikingfan
09-08-2005, 04:50 AM
The running back who in in the backfield on our first play of offense...thats who is starting! :wink:

smootpepper
09-08-2005, 04:52 AM
Tice was on Kfan today or maybe yesterday saying that bennet was the starter.

cc21
09-08-2005, 04:52 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

The running back who in in the backfield on our first play of offense...thats who is starting! :wink:Gee Ultra, your so smart. I never would have thought of that. :lol: good thinkin man :thumbleft:

natethegreat
09-08-2005, 04:54 AM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

I hope Bennett starts. That way if he does good, he can stay the starter. If he doesn't than we can get Mewelde in there.

yeah i like that idea, i hope bennett does great and stays heathy but i just think moore is better

ultravikingfan
09-08-2005, 04:58 AM
I just hope whoever plays in the RB position just kills that formerly good defense! Won't be any smiles on "Chucky's" face Sunday!

DoraTheExplorer
09-08-2005, 04:59 AM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

um, I think we should choose the better runningback (mwelde moore), and bench the running back who can run (Michael Bennett). :roll:

It's a revolutionary idea

natethegreat
09-08-2005, 05:00 AM
yeah i can't stand gruden either, i think we should finally get our running game going sunday with whoever we have at RB

cc21
09-08-2005, 05:03 AM
"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

"coreychavous21" wrote:

um, I think we should choose the better runningback (mwelde moore), and bench the running back who can run (Michael Bennett). :roll:

It's a revolutionary ideaWell Tice insists that Bennett is our guy. So if thats the case lets start him against tampa and if he sucks, than forget about him starting and let Mewelde take the job.

akvikefan89
09-08-2005, 05:05 AM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

"coreychavous21" wrote:

It's a revolutionary ideaWell Tice insists that Bennett is our guy. So if thats the case lets start him against tampa and if he sucks, than forget about him starting and let Mewelde take the job.
My thoughts exactly, however, I think Tice gives Bennett a few games before he really gives the job to Memo (assuming Bennett does bad)

If Bennett does good, no worries.

FuadFan
09-08-2005, 06:35 AM
If Bennett does do well there will be more crow to serve than I've ever seen before.

cajunvike
09-08-2005, 06:51 AM
OOOOH! Now THAT'S a "Fuad Shot" if I ever saw one! :lol:

akvikefan89
09-08-2005, 06:55 AM
"FuadFan" wrote:

If Bennett does do well there will be more crow to serve than I've ever seen before.
LOL this is true, same with Mewelde though, unless he proves otherwise...

FuadFan
09-08-2005, 06:58 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

"FuadFan" wrote:

LOL this is true, same with Mewelde though, unless he proves otherwise...Not really there are far more people backing the starting of Moore then Bennett. ( I am a Bennett backer so you know if I need to eat crow later and get on me for it.)

akvikefan89
09-08-2005, 07:01 AM
"FuadFan" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"FuadFan" wrote:

LOL this is true, same with Mewelde though, unless he proves otherwise...Not really there are far more people backing the starting of Moore then Bennett. ( I am a Bennett backer so you know if I need to eat crow later and get on me for it.)
I stopped backing anyone :lol: There sure are alot of people cheering for Mewelde though, of course, there were alot who booed when we drafted Kevin Williams...

TheAnimal93
09-08-2005, 07:09 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

"FuadFan" wrote:

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"FuadFan" wrote:

I stopped backing anyone :lol: There sure are alot of people cheering for Mewelde though, of course, there were alot who booed when we drafted Kevin Williams...

The nerve! :roll:

Bennett will start and if he doesnt do well MeMo will get his chance. If he screws up, Bennett will go back in. If he isnt getting it done still, Fason and Moe will come in and clean up.
Lets just hope that Bennett is healthy enough to go and MeMo as well. I would like to see all of them do well. Why Not??? After all, they are all Vikings!!!!!!!
SKOL!!!! :cheers:

MensaTice
09-08-2005, 07:34 AM
MOE! MOE! MOE!

whackthepack
09-08-2005, 03:59 PM
I hate to say this, but from what Tice is saying it is going to be running back by committee.

I hate running back by committee it never works. Tice, pick a guy and try him for a game, if that guy can not do it then next week try another guy, and so on.

But it sounds like they will be switching each set of downs and rotating through the backs.

Tice you idiot!!! You should have traded for somebody that could be the work horse.

Del Rio
09-08-2005, 04:06 PM
It works good in HS, that way you can have your RB run the play in to the offense.

So if this was Highschool football Tice would be doing a fine damn job.....

Prophet
09-08-2005, 04:27 PM
KFFL
Vikings | Tice a Fantasy Football Nightmare
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 23:10:11 -0700

Updating previous reports, the Star Tribune reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Tice called himself a "fantasy football player's nightmare" Wednesday, Sept 7. As previously noted, Tice provided little insight into how he will deploy his four-headed backfield Sunday, Sept. 11, but if practice Wednesday, Sept. 7, was any indication, it appears the Vikings will rotate RBs Moe Williams, Michael Bennett, Mewelde Moore and possibly rookie RB Ciatrick Fason throughout the game. Bennett said "I think I'm starting" but said he fully expected a rotation for the remainder of the game.

PurpleTide
09-08-2005, 05:08 PM
I too want a clear cut starter wether it's Bennet, or MeMo, the other comes in as a change of pace back. Moe's the 3rd down guy, and Fason should also get some 2nd half touches. But we need someone to distinguish themself and stay healthy, so when that o-line comes together we will be set, and our running game gets stronger as the o-line improves every game.

Prophet
09-08-2005, 05:11 PM
On a side note, Tice would have nabbed one of the 'big three' in the draft if they would have been available it appears. I saw a thread somewhere posing this question....couldn't find it.

Homer Tice says that he would have drafted Cadillac Williams instead of Troy Williamson (http://sports.tbo.com/sports/MGBQVHDNCDE.html), if Williams had been available at No. 7. (Link (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm))

whackthepack
09-08-2005, 05:41 PM
Edgerin James, Shaun Alexander and Travis Henry were all on the trading block. And the asking price was ridiculously low 2nd to a 4th round draft pick.

How good would it be if we had anyone of these guys in purple!

But Tice was set on Bennett and would not look beyond him being the starter, and we get to opening day and now we have running back by committee.

This could cost Tice his job, if we do not have a great season our situation at running back is going to be the biggest reason.

tastywaves
09-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Tice is an idiot, or just blowing smoke up everyone's arse. Changes his story on the running back every time he's interviewed. RB by committee (sheesh), everytime a RB has a bad series he moves to the back of the list.

I agree that we need a starter, and that guy needs to know he's the starter. If he doesn't work out after a game or two, fine put the next guy in. These guys need to have reps to get some rhythm going. And they need some holes to run through. In my mind, it all goes back to Tice's lack of conviction/confidence in the running game. I don't think there is a RB on the squad who is happy with the way things are going (except maybe Fason who wasn't figuring on many reps this early).

last year the vikes had success it seemed every time they introduced a new RB, but nobody had enough games to prove that they can be an every down back. O. Smith was probably the best last year (but hey, he's gone). I see these guys coming in thinking, oh man, I got to really perform well this series or I might not get back in. Causes them to be anxious, puts themselves in injury situations and nobody is comfortable. I don't know, maybe this will work, but I'm not a fan of it.

Definitely need to cut down on the caffeine.

Articnv
09-08-2005, 09:06 PM
Memo or Bennett?

VKG4LFE
09-08-2005, 09:07 PM
I think Bennett.

mnjamie
09-08-2005, 09:09 PM
Memo.

cajunvike
09-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Screw it...start MOE!!!

Articnv
09-08-2005, 09:14 PM
i need to now as i have memo for FF. If he was startign iw oudl start him

JDogg926
09-08-2005, 09:19 PM
I have Memo in Fantasy too. I wouldn't advise starting him this week. It's still a little cloudy. I think Tice wants to go w/ Bennett, but if he struggles he'll either pull him, or we'll see both backs. I wouldn't count on Moore getting more than 12-15 carries.

Del Rio
09-08-2005, 09:21 PM
If he rotates which he will, I wouldn't bother having any Viking RB on your fantasy team.

Articnv
09-08-2005, 09:21 PM
afetr seeing tyhe inujry report and bennet nto ven injuury i deidnt start memo. I did start Travis Taylor though )

VKG4LFE
09-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Sadly we can probably count on Bennett on that injury report in a couple of weeks. Not that I hope it happens, I hope he runs for 2,000 yards!

vikings6490
09-08-2005, 09:26 PM
http://vikings.scout.com/2/435524.html

Heres an article about whose starting. The title of the article is the Committee is Coming... so you get the picture.

Articnv
09-08-2005, 09:33 PM
deart god rb commite sucks

VKG4LFE
09-08-2005, 10:18 PM
As long as we win I don't care who runs the ball!

vikings6490
09-08-2005, 10:32 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

As long as we win I don't care who runs the ball!

Agreed

ShanePurpleBlood
09-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Bennet is starting, but what I read in Yahoo you would be better off starting someone that is not a Viking. Wait until things get clearer on who is the man.

VKG4LFE
09-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Personally I don't think we are going to have "the man" at RB this year. I think it will stay like it was last year, only I wish we would get some more rushing yards!!