PDA

View Full Version : Favorite viking memories

04-03-2004, 05:20 PM
Mine is i was at a Packer/Viking game in 94 i think and fuad reviez kicked the game winner as their corner pushed our receiver out of bounds for the clock to stop. I loved it and when we came back and beat the bears in 2000 down by 17.

Viking_Spirit
04-03-2004, 06:06 PM
Vike-Pack game at the Dome in 01', because I was there

VIKE58
04-03-2004, 06:23 PM
First game last year. I just love the fact that we beat the Pack at their GRAND reopening of Lamblow![:D]

snausages
04-03-2004, 07:35 PM
My favorite Viqueen moment was when they fell flat on their faces and allowed Arizona to beat them. The Minnesota Viqueens......a reliable dissapointment

GreenBaySlackers
04-03-2004, 07:36 PM
F You

snausages
04-03-2004, 08:00 PM
Dropping F-bombs....typical response.... Hey! You changed your quote! Good for you, sport.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by GreenBaySlackers

F You
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Viking_Spirit
04-03-2004, 08:03 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by GreenBaySlackers

F You
Don't need the F-bombs man, this is exactly the reaction he wants............

Also, the Moss to Moe lateral is a great memory, I loved that, was w/ a few Denver fans when that happened, lol. I loved it!

bender_over
04-03-2004, 08:10 PM
Vikings @ Packers - Monday Night '98

Moss and the Vikings pound the Pack at Lambeau

Either Thanksgiving game against the Cowboys ('98 & '00)

VIKE58
04-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Some one left the cage door open again !![:o)]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by snausages

My favorite Viqueen moment was when they fell flat on their faces and allowed Arizona to beat them. The Minnesota Viqueens......a reliable dissapointment

04-03-2004, 10:01 PM
Another favorite viking memory is always beating the Lions last year when Chavous leaped and picked off a Harrington pass with 7 seconds left right in front of me to seal the win... We stunk that year though. Another one was this anyone remember coming back and beating the Giants in the meadowlands in 98. That was great.

dan3ski
04-03-2004, 11:54 PM
My favorite memory was Bill Brown running down the sidelines and two Packer defenders hit him at the same time. They both fell off and Brown scored a TD.

jmiller1
04-04-2004, 12:25 AM
well don't talk about the viking like that

chubchub
04-04-2004, 12:51 AM
It was either '92 or '93- Vikes were down 20-0 in the 4th qtr against the Bears. We returned a Harbaugh int for a T.D., scored two more T.D.'s and won 21-20. Ditka went absolutely bananas and almost had a heart attack.

UTVikfan
04-04-2004, 06:04 AM
I of course don't remember too clearly (I was like 5), but watching Fran Tarkington scramble back then, is and will always be my favorite. That is mostly why I am a viking fan today. Wow, he was just amazing.

AngloVike
04-04-2004, 10:57 AM
MNF game against the Pack in '98. Seeing Moss silence the fans at Lambeau, plus seeing all those empty seats in the 4th quarter as the cheeseheads left early.
Seem to recall all the talk before the game was about the long winning streak at home and how they would beat Miami's record ... seemed someone forgot to tell Moss and the Vikes that ..[:D][:D][:D]

zitch
04-04-2004, 11:18 AM
My favorite Viking moment was the 98 Thanksgiving day game against the Cowboys. I will never forget it, I was sitting in the hospital holding my newborn daughter born on Thanksging. And yes, she loves the Vikings.

cavking
04-04-2004, 06:37 PM
My favorite vikings memory was their game this previous year against the Chiefs. Since I live in Florida, I have never been to see an actual Vikings game in the Metrodome. My grandparents have season tickets to the Carolina Panthers, so I saw the Vikings in a preseason game when I used to live in South Carolina.

For Christmas my mom got use tickets to the Chiefs game. We flew up the day before and left the day after, and it was one of the greatest days in my life

dart18
04-04-2004, 06:41 PM
fav moment was the game against the pack in 98 in Lambeau in the rain, Moss was awesome

triedandtruevikesfan
04-05-2004, 12:56 PM
I have to go with the first game I attended... Vikings '03 against the KS Chiefs... 45-20 baby ooooh yeah!

eastcoastvikes
04-05-2004, 01:02 PM
For me it was in 1998 as well, but it was Draft Day!!! When I heard "The Minnesota Vikings select Randy Moss of Marshall" I jumped out of my seat expecting a Super Bowl Title, and if not for Gary Anderson's kick[ba]I think we would have had one!!

hovan
04-05-2004, 01:19 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by snausages

Dropping F-bombs....typical response.... Hey! You changed your quote! Good for you, sport.

F You

Wow...a Packer fan poking his head out of the Toilett soo early? Get ready Fudgepackers...cause you guys are getting crushed this year!

Eearliest Favorite Memory that 87/88 playoff game against the Niners where Anthony Carter sets the playoff record. That guy was on FIRE that day.

josdin00
04-05-2004, 02:36 PM
I'd have to go with the 2000 playoff game against the Saints. It's the only game I've ever been to at the Dome. My wife (a Bears fan) got me the tickets, and we drove up there for the weekend. I was about 5 rows from the very top, but I was there. You know, up until that point, I never realized how loud that horn really is. Besides, Moss had 2 catches for 121 yards and 2 TDs that game (I just looked that up , I just remembered him having some long catches). It was fun to watch.

04-05-2004, 05:57 PM
Hey Snausages your not using Mommys PC again are you...

briboy75
04-06-2004, 01:57 AM
ive never seen the vikes @ the pack in '98 but i really wish i would have seen that. if i had. hat may be my fav :)

Frozen Tundran
04-06-2004, 03:34 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by briboy75

ive never seen the vikes @ the pack in '98 but i really wish i would have seen that. if i had. hat may be my fav :)

Bleh, You don't need to ever see that, I'll just tell you what happened.

Let me set the stage.

It was early in 1998, the 4-0 Packers were coming off two straight superbowl appearances and were reigning NFC champions. Naturally we expected to be in a third, and these upstart Vikings, who'd been nothing but mediocre for years, were coming into our house also 4-0 thinking they just owned the world. We wuz about to b**chslap you back into the second division where you belonged with a demoralizing asswhipping that would break your will and leave you begging for mercy. Ohhh...we had PLANS for you Vikings.

Well, it didn't all go as planned, let's just put it that way. Your Retread QB had discovered something unholy: namely that all he had to do was throw the damn ball straight up into the air and this Arrogant Young Thug would always come down with it. It was diabolical and absolutely freaky. The work of the Devil to be certain.

All the King's Horses and all the King's men...nothing worked, we couldn't put it back together again. Interceptions, fumbles, I don't remember what all it was, but whenever we tried to regain balance, you had something waiting for us. Whenever we got within a TD, it was Retread to Thug one more time. I dunno how many TDs that Arrogant Young Thug caught that day, but they were at the most crucual times, just breaking our spirit. I looked it up and it says the final was only 37-24 but frankly I don't remember it being that close.

That was the high-water mark of the Packer's mid-nineties almost-dynasty. After that, we kinda stumbled through the rest of the season knowing full well we weren't the biggest kid on the block, and as no one else could see to beat you, our only hope was going into that Awful Mauseleum you call home where nothing ever goes right for us. We meekly stumbled in and were grateful you didn't run it up to be perfectly honest, as we only lost by two touchdowns.

But it was the first one that really did it to us, it was then we were first brutally confronted with the fact we were just another team again.

Boy did that suck. [B)]

LAVike
04-06-2004, 05:23 AM
Gotta agree . . . that MNF game in '98 was incredible! I loved it how the Packers FREAKED OUT on draft day the next year and spent their first 3 picks on the secondary! Who the hell does that? Hmmm . . . funny how 1 Viking could light up their team (TWICE) and dictate their entire draft. How pathetic.

Frozen Tundran
04-06-2004, 06:14 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LAVike

Gotta agree . . . that MNF game in '98 was incredible! I loved it how the Packers FREAKED OUT on draft day the next year and spent their first 3 picks on the secondary! Who the hell does that? Hmmm . . . funny how 1 Viking could light up their team (TWICE) and dictate their entire draft. How pathetic.

You came into our own house and lit up our scoreboard. NO ONE does that to us. Those that anger the great ghosts on the walls in Lambeau answer to their wrath. Rest assured, the field goal at the end of that year was no fault of Andersen's, he was a mere prop in the service of the Angry Football Gods. You thought hte Breath of St. Vincent couldn't reach into your Twinkiedome, eh? You thought wrong; you been schooled.

Look at what happened to that Superhuman Vick the year after his great conquest.... [rip]

If you prefer the more rational explaination, it was simply Fear. Fear itself -- nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance.
*grin*

At any rate, at least we stayed ahead of the game and have a fine defensive backfield now, in the Age of Thug Supreme when everyone's running for cover. Your big bucks mercenary just means you're keeping up with the Packers, not making any real games.

But you do rather have a point, thus I whisper this to placate the Football Gods every Sunday of the offseason. [8D]

I must not fear the Thug.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear of the Thug.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be no Thug.
Only the Packers will remain.

owensforpres
04-06-2004, 06:30 PM
vikes- 49ers 98 saw garcia get helmet dented by randle

dan3ski
04-10-2004, 02:13 AM
This is for frozen tundra: Moss, Moss, Moss, MOss, MOSs,MOSS!

DiehardVikesFan
04-10-2004, 02:35 AM
98' against the Pack on MNF also...it was great to see Moss tear it up at Lambeau.[;)]

04-10-2004, 03:30 PM
Yeah also beating them in lambeau last year was another good memory.

greg3287
04-10-2004, 07:47 PM
i have one favorite every year. The game that the vikings choke horribly in (at least one per year) and end their season.

04-10-2004, 11:05 PM
Hey everyone dont listen to this greg guy. He wants to talk smack let him because he will be just posting over and over again with noone responding to him. Greg How bout you find the door and go slurp down some cheese.

Packers suck..