PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Fans in Atlanta?

VikingGA29
09-07-2005, 04:11 PM
I see that the Derby Bar in Dunwoody is listed as a hangout for games - any other places in the Atlanta metro area to try? I live in the north suburbs so would like to find a closer place if possible. Does the Derby Bar have the sound on for the Vikes. Thanks - I'm a recent transplant from the Twin Cities, and am in desperate need to watch the Vikes with other fans!

AngloVike
09-07-2005, 04:35 PM
"VikingGA29" wrote:

I see that the Derby Bar in Dunwoody is listed as a hangout for games - any other places in the Atlanta metro area to try? I live in the north suburbs so would like to find a closer place if possible. Does the Derby Bar have the sound on for the Vikes. Thanks - I'm a recent transplant from the Twin Cities, and am in desperate need to watch the Vikes with other fans!

I've fortunate to have been there a couple of times when in Atlanta - though last time was about 5 years ago. When I was there it was a great place to see a game - plenty of TV screens about and a big screen on the wall. It's not a huge sports bar but a good place with good beer and food. Both those times it was a proper Vikings bar - so the sound was on and loud ! let us know how you got on if you go, i'd like to know what it is like now

VikingGA29
09-07-2005, 04:42 PM
AngloVike, thanks for your response. I will definitely post feedback from the Derby or wherever else I decide to watch the game on Sunday. I think not being in Minnesota for football games is what I am going to miss most about relocating!

AngloVike
09-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Well when you're used to watching the game each week then I guess it can be hard to manage !
Incidentally be sure to pop to the Free Beer forum and introduce yourself to everyone - always sure of a warm welcome there

ShanePurpleBlood
09-07-2005, 05:35 PM
Good luck! I hope you find a place with sound.