PDA

View Full Version : Kelly "guns and drug" campbell

smootpepper
09-06-2005, 11:38 PM
Has been cut.

I didn't see a thread on this yet so I figured I would let you know. It was being reported on KFAN. I also checked a few other message boards and found the same info.

Strange we kept howry over campbell, but I guess as far as im concearned they both should be cut.

snowinapril
09-06-2005, 11:42 PM
"smootpepper" wrote:

Has been cut.

I didn't see a thread on this yet so I figured I would let you know. It was being reported on KFAN. I also checked a few other message boards and found the same info.

Strange we kept howry over campbell, but I guess as far as im concearned they both should be cut.

Probably waiting to see if one of the WRs can return the ball?????

I am not surprised that Campbell is gone.

PurplePeopleEaters
09-06-2005, 11:44 PM
So now our last WR is Howry??!?!?

Wow. I am actually surprised with this move. I would much rather have Hoag or Campbell then howry.

VKG4LFE
09-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Well, see ya later!

mnjamie
09-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Same here ... K.Camp at least has some talent compaired to Howry. Interesting move.

Ltrey33
09-06-2005, 11:48 PM
Not surprising, I guess they still like Howry for his KR abilities (gag!)

VKG4LFE
09-06-2005, 11:49 PM
What kick return abilities! I'd rather see Moe return kicks!

PurplePeopleEaters
09-06-2005, 11:49 PM
So we but one problematic reciever and brought in another one... very very interesting moves lately.

PurplePeopleEaters
09-06-2005, 11:50 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Quoting GreenBaySlackers... "wurd". :roll:

VKG4LFE
09-06-2005, 11:52 PM
...to your mother!!

Del Rio
09-06-2005, 11:55 PM
\__/ -------------> The Care Cup is Empty....

VKG4LFE
09-06-2005, 11:57 PM
LOL, I've never heard that one del!

canadian_vikes_fan
09-06-2005, 11:58 PM
It doesn't really matter who our 6th receiver is anyway. If they are on the field, that mean that the other guys in front of them are hurt or have sucked, so we'd be screwed anyways. I'd prefer Hoag to Howry, but let's be honest, Hoag wouldn't really make much of a difference to this team.

Burley81
09-07-2005, 12:21 AM
Howry over Campbell?

Hmm....

ShanePurpleBlood
09-07-2005, 12:24 AM
"mnjamie" wrote:

Same here ... K.Camp at least has some talent compaired to Howry. Interesting move.

I agree this is a suprise. Why did they wait so long? Did Campbell have any court problems with that guns and pound that would affect his playing time? I think they should have kept Hoag not Howry...I don't think Howry is a good returner.

kramer9guy
09-07-2005, 12:27 AM
He sure could talk the talk but he rarely could walk the walk. I've been calling for his head since the arrest. I never liked his big mouth and am very pleased I won't have to hear it anymore:)

akvikefan89
09-07-2005, 12:50 AM
Getting Koren Robinson (very fast) plus already having Troy, made the one thing Cambell was good at (running downfield very fast) not needed anymore. It's true, we need special teams more than speedy WR's now. Still wish we had someone else returing besides Howry though...

akvikefan89
09-07-2005, 12:52 AM
Just thinking, we have three WR's that are top ten draft picks....Troy, Travis, K-Rob....cool :grin: let's hope they all play like it.....

kramer9guy
09-07-2005, 12:53 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

Him returning kicks is like watchin a turtle cross heavy traffic.... lol...so true. Howry should have been let go in favor of Hoag. But sorry, not a big Kelly Campbell fan.

mnvikes61
09-07-2005, 01:11 AM
i guess i'm just going to hope the coaching staff nows what they're doing. but i'm not going to hold my breath, yah campbell didn't do a whole lot for the team, but he was better than Howry. We're paying Howry to return punts, all i saw him do this preseason was wave for a fair catch. i'm really worried about our running game, punting and return game this season.

Vikes11KicksButt
09-07-2005, 01:18 AM
I think cutting campbell is very telling of what role that koren robinson will play on the team. Koren is a capable kick returning granted his hasnt done it in a while, but he is a better returner then howry. So keeping howry over campbell shows we want to preserve robinson health. and usually you only don't put a player out there in extra situations where he can get hurt, shows you expect big things for him. I think tice expects him to get his head on straight and play a big role for us. is that possible definitely, a top trio of burleson, robinson, and williamson could be the new carter, moss, and jake reed, or it may never happen. anyways i think by cutting campbell the team saying the balls in ur court robinson we know you can be great, now prove it.

mnvikes61
09-07-2005, 01:23 AM
i hope we don't send K.Rob back there to receive punts until they see him catch 100/100 on punt returns, then maybe consider it. i know everybody knows this but if you drop the ball on a punt it's a fumble which is far worse than an incomplete pass when you drop a pass.

FuadFan
09-07-2005, 01:26 AM
If you've read any of my posts on this then you know I wanted to see Campbell cut so I'm happy with this. Also Howry has to be ahead of Campbell who played the same ammount of preseason games as Robinson has and isn't better then him or deserve to make the roster in the first place.

V4L
09-07-2005, 02:18 AM
Well good.. I kinda liked him but he has been slacking latley.. If Koren gets in trouble i hope we do the same with him too

so-cal vike
09-07-2005, 02:23 AM
Kelly Campbell...big mouth, not big show.

I'm glad he's gone.

Webby
09-07-2005, 02:32 AM
Hopefully this means the removal of the unholy irritating Campbell on the big screen before all the home games telling me to cheer loud and get ready to rock!

I am not the only who sees that, am I? I mean, annoyed by that attempt to be all hip and cool by Campbell?

mnvikes61
09-07-2005, 02:34 AM
his bark was definately worse than his bite. he might as well thrown on a cheerleading uniform and starting cheering :lol:

V4L
09-07-2005, 02:36 AM
LOL I still remember him on monday night football.. YA GOT UR BOY KELLY CAMPBELL!!

Well im glad this lil bastard is gone.. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.. BEEITCH!

PurplePeopleEaters
09-07-2005, 02:38 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

Hopefully this means the removal of the unholy irritating Campbell on the big screen before all the home games telling me to cheer loud and get ready to rock!

I am not the only who sees that, am I? I mean, annoyed by that attempt to be all hip and cool by Campbell?

Maybe if I lived in MPLS and was actually able to see a game... :cry:

Well.. at least I get to see Packers V. Vikings in the Dome!

so-cal vike
09-07-2005, 02:44 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

his bark was definately worse than his bite. he might as well thrown on a cheerleading uniform and starting cheering :lol:

That is what he was best at.http://www.conceptart.org/forums/images/ca_smilies/advanced/cheerleader.gif

Jviking
09-07-2005, 02:56 AM
I think they were worried that Kelly would supply K Rob the "goods" is you know what I mean...so they clipped him???

dfwvike
09-07-2005, 03:28 AM
Campbell had a couple of stupid penalties in the past. Celebration or taunting I think. We won't have to deal this that anymore.

V-Unit
09-07-2005, 04:33 AM
"dfwvike" wrote:

Campbell had a couple of stupid penalties in the past. Celebration or taunting I think. We won't have to deal this that anymore.Yeah instead we have to deal with somebody who is worse on the field but just as bad as Moss. We also get to continue to deal with our absolutely horrible KR and PR game, led by Keenan "How the hell am I still on this team?" Howry

brandsp
09-07-2005, 04:38 AM
'Member Campell's AFROS> America's Finest Rec'ers on Sunday

Now we have Amer's finest Receiver on the Sidelines
Bye Bye Cambell

For all the Howry bashing, at least he catches the darn ball.

I wonder if Leo Lewis can come back and return punts for us?

mnvikes61
09-07-2005, 04:38 AM
Well howry isn't going to be PR or KR, i believe after week 1. K. Rob is going to get the job. i don't know what we'll do with Howry then, probaly keep him just in case an injury happens or something :knocks on wood:

V-Unit
09-07-2005, 04:41 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

Well howry isn't going to be PR or KR, i believe after week 1. K. Rob is going to get the job. i don't know what we'll do with Howry then, probaly keep him just in case an injury happens or something knocks on woodIt still makes no sense to keep Howry just in case of injury. I would much rather have Campbell or Hoag. Right now all this seems unneccessary and dumb. I can understand getting a fifth receiver to replace the injured Campbell. However Krob isn't a fifth receiver, and why keep Howry over Hoag. Tice needs to be slapped.

akvikefan89
09-07-2005, 04:44 AM
"V-Unit" wrote:

"dfwvike" wrote:

Campbell had a couple of stupid penalties in the past. Celebration or taunting I think. We won't have to deal this that anymore.Yeah instead we have to deal with somebody who is worse on the field but just as bad as Moss. We also get to continue to deal with our absolutely horrible KR and PR game, led by Keenan "How the hell am I still on this team?" Howry
He is not just as bad as Moss. Moss did things around the team that took their focus off the game. You can bet he will never come over to Culpepper during a game and pester Culpepper to throw to him more. Robinson has had some drinking problems, but he finished re-hab and everyone likes him, he was a good guy in college too (unlike Moss).

( PLEASE DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A "WHY OH WHY DID WE TRADE MOSS !?!? THREAD)

mnvikes61
09-07-2005, 04:45 AM
you'll get no argument from me that we should have kept Hoag over Howry. i completely agree, Hoag had heart and gave everything he had for the vikings even on ST. we've made our bed and we have to sleep in it, hopefully we won't have nightmares for keeping Howry over Hoag.

Ltrey33
09-07-2005, 04:46 AM
"V-Unit" wrote:

"dfwvike" wrote:

I agree Howry probably shouldn't be on the team, but don't pass judgment on Koren yet. He did rehab this summer for his drinking problem, and has served all of his suspensions dutifully. So until he misbehaves in Minny, don't put him in the Kelly Campbell category.

magicci
09-07-2005, 05:51 AM
this kind of pissed me off i was gettin ready to see howry gone but kelly. come on. i guess its just because he didnt play in the preseason. hmm maybe he will come back later.

MinnesotaFury
09-07-2005, 06:18 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

We could always bring Culpepper in for KR's. :grin: :grin: :grin:

sitandbehitski
09-07-2005, 06:20 AM
Can we (did we) sign Hoag to the practice squad? At least it wouldn't be a total loss.

canadian_vikes_fan
09-07-2005, 06:22 AM
"sitandbehitski" wrote:

Can we (did we) sign Hoag to the practice squad? At least it wouldn't be a total loss.Nay. I don't think he was eligible because I think he already spent a year on the practice roster. We did sign Christopher Jones though, and I like him.

michaelmazid
09-07-2005, 07:03 AM
Campell had a big mouth and not enough talent to back it up. good riddens. but isn't he daunte's cousin?

natethegreat
09-08-2005, 12:52 AM
"Burley81" wrote:

Howry over Campbell?

Hmm....

we should have let howry go while we were at it, he's totally worthless

FuadFan
09-08-2005, 01:04 AM
Don't worry once Robinson steps in and shows he can be a good return guy we will cut Howry and go pick up someone who can help the team.