PDA

View Full Version : Vikings WR's



canadian_vikes_fan
09-06-2005, 04:42 AM
I've been thinking about this for a while, and even more since we were talking about signing Koren. I'm getting sick and tired of reading "experts" saying how much we are going to miss Moss. Let's look at our receivers from last year compared to this year.

2004:

Randy Moss
Nate Burleson
Marcus Robinson
Kelly Campbell

and now 2005:

Nate Burleson
Travis Taylor
Marcus Robinson
Koren Robinson
Troy Williamson
Kelly Campbell
Ryan Hoag :lol: (I refuse to believe that we cut him for Howry)

Sure, we've lost a little production at the top, but we more than make up for that with our depth and production throughout the corps. Just imagine when we run 5-WR's sets!!!

So what do you think?? Which lineup would you take???

PurplePeopleEaters
09-06-2005, 04:47 AM
I would actually take this new one over the old one IF and only if Taylor and K-rob can play. If not then the old one is a no brainer b/c of moss.

FuadFan
09-06-2005, 04:49 AM
Also the option of one of our two great tight ends as well as the many running backs who are good recievers.

magicci
09-06-2005, 04:52 AM
man i wish we could run a 6 reciever set that would be so cool lol. who was our number four reciever last year when moss was hurt?

ultravikingfan
09-06-2005, 05:08 AM
"magicci" wrote:

man i wish we could run a 6 reciever set that would be so cool lol. who was our number four reciever last year when moss was hurt?

We would have to get the ball off in a hurry with only 4 lineman. :lol:

PurplePeopleEaters
09-06-2005, 05:09 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"magicci" wrote:

man i wish we could run a 6 reciever set that would be so cool lol. who was our number four reciever last year when moss was hurt?

We would have to get the ball off in a hurry with only 4 lineman. :lol:

or no Qb. :lol:

V4L
09-06-2005, 05:11 AM
FRICKIN A!! I love this!! Koren is the man!

magicci
09-06-2005, 05:14 AM
isn't there a rule that we always have to have 5 OL in a play?

PurplePeopleEaters
09-06-2005, 05:20 AM
This is a bad@ss receiving corps. Check this out

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/01/12/banks.burning/p1_burleson.jpg
http://www.katu.com/news/images/story2005/050106koren_robinson.jpg
http://www.startribune.com/stonline/images/news88/3vike10.l.jpg
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/20/201615.jpg
http://media.scout.com/media/image/16/163979.jpg
http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20021215/taylor_56808.jpg

:grin:

V4L
09-06-2005, 05:22 AM
LOL PPE.. Gotta love that visor huh?!

fred3105
09-06-2005, 05:22 AM
To bad all those people combined dont even = http://www.randymossonline.com/235.jpg

V4L
09-06-2005, 05:25 AM
Too bad we got another weapon for pep.. It is a good move cuz our run game looks like it might be shaky this year.. Get a better passing game then

vikings6490
09-06-2005, 05:47 AM
We really do have some sick WR's...Would it even be possible to defend the 5 WR sets?

V4L
09-06-2005, 05:49 AM
We have WR's like the pats.. All solid Wr's.. Except we got a stud in Natedawg! I can not wait to see this in game action! Pep should have another career year no doubt

Webby
09-06-2005, 05:50 AM
If we have no run game, then stacking WR doesn't work. I think that has been proven over and over. We NEED a healthy RB that will stick through. Only then will the WR matter...you need the RB to keep the D from keying pass.

I still say see ya Bennet and lets have MM run the deal. Our O line is now short on Birk being gone and that means Bennet is less effective. We need a mover and shaker in MM....

Then Krob can rock with our other boys.

V4L
09-06-2005, 05:52 AM
Yah im totally sold on MM now.. It will take 2 good games in a row for MB to get me back.. MM can make his own holes.. While MB can't shead 1 tackle.. But I think either way we will have a decent run game and will be able to have all of our WR's have productive years

magicci
09-06-2005, 06:04 AM
do u think we can send 3 WRs to the probowl this year?

mnjamie
09-06-2005, 06:06 AM
K.Rob .... will be a wash out. Tice will "force" him into the offense to try and prove it was a good move. But then you guys can scream all day long with he drops pass after pass when the ball hits him in the numbers .... Mark it down.

V4L
09-06-2005, 06:06 AM
I dont see us sending 3.. Burley will probably get there.. But T-ho will make it.. Javon walker.. People like that.. I see most of our WR's having good years though.. Close to pro bowl caliber

PurplePeopleEaters
09-06-2005, 06:07 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

LOL PPE.. Gotta love that visor huh?!

I know man. He is gonna rock that in the purple. :lol:

fred3105
09-06-2005, 06:08 AM
"magicci" wrote:

do u think we can send 3 WRs to the probowl this year?

Would need about 1300-1500 yards and 10+ TDs each. I dont really see Culpepper throwing for 5000yards and 50tds.

ItalianStallion
09-06-2005, 06:08 AM
I would prefer our old receiving corps, because then we might actually be able to run the ball.

FuadFan
09-06-2005, 06:13 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

I would prefer our old receiving corps, because then we might actually be able to run the ball.Do you really think one of our guys won't draw a double team? Even though he is a rookie Williamson was drawing double teams from people.

V4L
09-06-2005, 06:15 AM
Burly might demand a double team if he can come in a beat the corners like he has been in preseason.. Ya gotta pay extra attention to Williamson.. I think if our blocking picks up we will run the ball just fine

ItalianStallion
09-06-2005, 06:26 AM
"FuadFan" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

I would prefer our old receiving corps, because then we might actually be able to run the ball.Do you really think one of our guys won't draw a double team? Even though he is a rookie Williamson was drawing double teams from people.

Any WR who runs a deep pattern has a very good probability of being double teamed because in probably 70% of NFL defensive plays have at least 1 safety on deep help.

I sincerely doubt any of our WRs will be double teamed on a consistent basis, and especially not in short or intermediate patterns.

Besides it isn't a matter of simply being double teamed. It is a matter of ALWAYS being double teamed with the safety almost always lining up 15 yards away from the line of scrimmage. That opens up the running game.

magicci
09-06-2005, 06:27 AM
Williamson has been getting a lot of dbl cvrg. they are already worried about that guy.

mnjamie
09-06-2005, 06:37 AM
Koren doomed from the start
John Czarnecki / FOXSports.com

It should surprise no one, especially receiver Koren Robinson, that his days in Seattle ended Thursday following his latest transgression, a DUI charge. Robinson, who had so much promise after being selected as the ninth overall pick in the 2001 draft, was a disappointing team player for the Seahawks. He was suspended last season for four games for a marijuana offense, opening the way for Jerry Rice to play extensively and extend his career.

However, the bigger question in Seattle is: Who is really responsible for selecting Robinson? Ted Thompson, now GM of the Packers, and Scot McCloughan, now top personnel man in San Francisco, were the No. 1 and No. 2 personnel men, respectively, in Seattle back in 2001. Regardless of where Robinson ends up, the Seahawks knew Robinson had issues when they selected him and that he also had an eyesight problem, a physical negative that has undermined his focus as a receiver.

V4L
09-06-2005, 06:38 AM
Yah we all know he is a trouble maker.. He is a Vike though so im gonna support him.. He went to rehab and jail.. Maybe he changed?

DeathtoDenny
09-06-2005, 06:38 AM
Its all over. Any time we do a 5 reciever set, we'll get first downs. Our offense is going to be absurd. Screw the Rams, Lions, Raiders....we have the best recieving corps.

magicci
09-06-2005, 06:38 AM
what the matter with this guys eyesight?

mnjamie
09-06-2005, 06:39 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Yah we all know he is a trouble maker.. He is a Vike though so im gonna support him.. He went to rehab and jail.. Maybe he changed?

Yah, he is a troublemaker, drops easy passes, has a phycial issue with his eyesight ... but, heck he will do well. LOL !!!

V4L
09-06-2005, 06:41 AM
He seemed to do well enough in 2002 with all those issues.. Get him a QB like pep and he should be cool I think.. T-ho dropped easy passes too man..

ItalianStallion
09-06-2005, 06:41 AM
"magicci" wrote:

Williamson has been getting a lot of dbl cvrg. they are already worried about that guy.
:roll:

V4L
09-06-2005, 06:42 AM
Why is everyone bashing him anyway? He is a Vike for crying out loud.. Support our players!! Let him screw up once before ya start bashing him.. Or have him screw up a game from a dropped pass before ya bash him..

FuadFan
09-06-2005, 06:44 AM
Travis Taylor had problems catching passes coming here too now he is a starter and I don't remember him dropping any. Culpepper is much better then Hasselback and Koren is still better then either Howry or Campbell who will be cut to give him a roster spot.

V4L
09-06-2005, 06:46 AM
Exactly Fuad! Taylor was about as inconsistent as Koren.. Not as bad but cutting it close.. If he can produce im cool with it.. But stop complaining about the pick up! No one can change that we got him so live with it and support the newest member of the team

mnjamie
09-06-2005, 06:47 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Exactly Fuad! Taylor was about as inconsistent as Koren.. Not as bad but cutting it close.. If he can produce im cool with it.. But stop complaining about the pick up! No one can change that we got him so live with it and support the newest member of the team

Sorry, dont support stupid moves. And this was one of them.

V4L
09-06-2005, 06:48 AM
Yah cuz u know it all Mnjamie.. Just cuz u don't like it doesn't mean its gonna be bad.. He is totally better then Campbell or Howry.. Let him play some games for us before saying its a stupid move..

FuadFan
09-06-2005, 06:49 AM
Mnjamie are youy saying you would rather have Howry then this guy because if you are you would be the first.

magicci
09-06-2005, 06:52 AM
i think mnjamie is drunk or mad cuz we didnt get peerless price or peter warrick.

canadian_vikes_fan
09-06-2005, 06:58 AM
Obviously this guy is no Randy Moss. Nobody thinks so. The question is whether or not he can help out this team, and whether or not he gives us a better receiving corps, and a better chance to win football games. The answer undoubtedly is yes. He CAN help out this team, because he is a good football player, and he DOES give us a better receiving corps, because he is an upgrade over Howry/Campbell. And he DOES give us a better chance to win football games, because of this. Mnjamie, you're reading too much into this signing. We are not trying to get a proven #1 receiver. We signed a guy who has a lot of talent, and has been productive in the past. We are signing a guy who HAS THE POTENTIAL to be an excellent receiver. If he doesn't pan out, if he drops footballs, what have we lost? We took a chance on a guy and it didn't work out, and we take a TINY cap hit when we cut him. That's it. If he does work out, then we potentially have a bery good receiver. What's not to like??????

mnjamie
09-06-2005, 06:59 AM
"magicci" wrote:

i think mnjamie is drunk or mad cuz we didnt get peerless price or peter warrick.

Neither by the way. The only way this turns out a good move is if K.Rob is used as a return man for Howry.

By the way, K.Rob might be serving a year jail of time depending on what the new judge decides as he showed up to court smelling of liquor on his breath ... model citizen i say.


Robinson back in trouble

MIKE SANDO; The News Tribune
Published: July 22nd, 2005 12:01 AM
Three days after pleading guilty to a DUI charge, former Seattle Seahawks receiver Koren Robinson was in jail Thursday for allegedly violating a court order to abstain from alcohol.

Kirkland Police accused Robinson of being intoxicated when he showed up Wednesday morning to serve a one-day jail term on the DUI conviction.

Police confirmed Thursday night that they were holding Robinson in jail on a $25,000 cash bond, and that Robinson has an Aug. 4 court date in Kirkland Municipal Court.

Robinson denied the allegation Thursday in Kirkland Municipal Court, his attorney said.

The attorney, Jon Scott Fox, explained that the Aug. 4 hearing is to determine whether there is sufficient evidence to support the allegation.

Two officers said they smelled alcohol on Robinson’s breath when he reported to jail.

If guilty, Robinson would likely face additional punishment. The DUI conviction carried a 365-day jail term, with all but one day suspended.

The Seahawks released Robinson last month following a series of off-field incidents.

snowinapril
09-06-2005, 07:00 AM
"magicci" wrote:

do u think we can send 3 WRs to the probowl this year?

No, not unless the freak'n freak of a mouth media hound TO breaks his leg in the first 4 games. He gets the popular vote cuase he is the one that sticks in your head like a bad hang over

canadian_vikes_fan
09-06-2005, 07:02 AM
"mnjamie" wrote:

"magicci" wrote:

i think mnjamie is drunk or mad cuz we didnt get peerless price or peter warrick.

Neither by the way. The only way this turns out a good move is if K.Rob is used as a return man for Howry.

By the way, K.Rob might be serving a year jail of time depending on what the new judge decides as he showed up to court smelling of liquor on his breath ... model citizen i say.


Robinson back in trouble

MIKE SANDO; The News Tribune
Published July 22nd, 2005 1201 AM
Three days after pleading guilty to a DUI charge, former Seattle Seahawks receiver Koren Robinson was in jail Thursday for allegedly violating a court order to abstain from alcohol.

Kirkland Police accused Robinson of being intoxicated when he showed up Wednesday morning to serve a one-day jail term on the DUI conviction.

Police confirmed Thursday night that they were holding Robinson in jail on a $25,000 cash bond, and that Robinson has an Aug. 4 court date in Kirkland Municipal Court.

Robinson denied the allegation Thursday in Kirkland Municipal Court, his attorney said.

The attorney, Jon Scott Fox, explained that the Aug. 4 hearing is to determine whether there is sufficient evidence to support the allegation.

Two officers said they smelled alcohol on Robinson’s breath when he reported to jail.

If guilty, Robinson would likely face additional punishment. The DUI conviction carried a 365-day jail term, with all but one day suspended.

The Seahawks released Robinson last month following a series of off-field incidents.WE ALL KNOW HE HAS PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT TO GET IN A GUY WHO IS A FREE-AGENT AFTER TRAINING CAMP?????????????

The point is that helps out our team. That's it. If he gets sent to jail for life, what happens??? We go back to the corps we had before. There's NO RISK! If he disrupts our team, HE GETS CUT!!!!

People have problems, and people can get better. If they get better, they can do lots of things. He COULD become a very good receiver. If he doesn't, then it doesn't matter because we'll CUT HIM. WHAT DO YOU WANT???????

Webby
09-06-2005, 07:03 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Yah cuz u know it all Mnjamie.. Just cuz u don't like it doesn't mean its gonna be bad.. He is totally better then Campbell or Howry.. Let him play some games for us before saying its a stupid move..

There is homerism and there's reality. This pick up is a stretch. Lets see, one more violation of his drinking issues, and he goes to jail. He's on the cusp like SOD>

Carter, etc and others were not when they came. Plus, they could catch.

The guy gets suspended for missing practices, etc etc. Holmgren was so fed up he bought him an alarm clock?! WTF? Just another potential locker room cancer, just what we need.

If he works fine, but blindly loving a guy many of you know little about and only by some positive rep from one season is silly too.

canadian_vikes_fan
09-06-2005, 07:04 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"magicci" wrote:

man i wish we could run a 6 reciever set that would be so cool lol. who was our number four reciever last year when moss was hurt?

We would have to get the ball off in a hurry with only 4 lineman. :lol:

Actually, in the CFL, we play with 6 receivers all the time. But we have 12 guys on the field.

A few years ago, the Blue Bombers had an amazing group of receivers, and we ran our "Six Pack" all the time. It was AWESOME!

mnjamie
09-06-2005, 07:05 AM
"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:

Obviously this guy is no Randy Moss. Nobody thinks so. The question is whether or not he can help out this team, and whether or not he gives us a better receiving corps, and a better chance to win football games. The answer undoubtedly is yes. He CAN help out this team, because he is a good football player, and he DOES give us a better receiving corps, because he is an upgrade over Howry/Campbell. And he DOES give us a better chance to win football games, because of this. Mnjamie, you're reading too much into this signing. We are not trying to get a proven #1 receiver. We signed a guy who has a lot of talent, and has been productive in the past. We are signing a guy who HAS THE POTENTIAL to be an excellent receiver. If he doesn't pan out, if he drops footballs, what have we lost? We took a chance on a guy and it didn't work out, and we take a TINY cap hit when we cut him. That's it. If he does work out, then we potentially have a bery good receiver. What's not to like??????

What's not to like?? The entire offseason the reason fed to us on the Moss trade was to clean up the locker room and chage the attitude of team. Then Tice has his scalping issues, The "Whizzinator", etc. etc ... It seems like we finally have this all in the past and then we take a flyer on a WR (at a postion not needed), who has baggage (more than Moss), a known eyesight issue, and has never lived up to his expectations of a 1st round pick. Now, I agree the money is not a big issue here. But for the last few monthes all I hear about is how the Vikes are now "Cancer Free" for lack of a better term, bringing him in wasnt worth it. Plus, I see time being better spent on our other WR's getting time in practice and on the field...IMO

magicci
09-06-2005, 07:06 AM
i think daunte could really have as good as a year or better then last years season.

Webby
09-06-2005, 07:08 AM
"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:

"mnjamie" wrote:

"magicci" wrote:

i think mnjamie is drunk or mad cuz we didnt get peerless price or peter warrick.

Neither by the way. The only way this turns out a good move is if K.Rob is used as a return man for Howry.

By the way, K.Rob might be serving a year jail of time depending on what the new judge decides as he showed up to court smelling of liquor on his breath ... model citizen i say.


Robinson back in trouble

MIKE SANDO; The News Tribune
Published July 22nd, 2005 1201 AM
Three days after pleading guilty to a DUI charge, former Seattle Seahawks receiver Koren Robinson was in jail Thursday for allegedly violating a court order to abstain from alcohol.

Kirkland Police accused Robinson of being intoxicated when he showed up Wednesday morning to serve a one-day jail term on the DUI conviction.

Police confirmed Thursday night that they were holding Robinson in jail on a $25,000 cash bond, and that Robinson has an Aug. 4 court date in Kirkland Municipal Court.

Robinson denied the allegation Thursday in Kirkland Municipal Court, his attorney said.

The attorney, Jon Scott Fox, explained that the Aug. 4 hearing is to determine whether there is sufficient evidence to support the allegation.

Two officers said they smelled alcohol on Robinson’s breath when he reported to jail.

If guilty, Robinson would likely face additional punishment. The DUI conviction carried a 365-day jail term, with all but one day suspended.

The Seahawks released Robinson last month following a series of off-field incidents.WE ALL KNOW HE HAS PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT TO GET IN A GUY WHO IS A FREE-AGENT AFTER TRAINING CAMP?????????????

The point is that helps out our team. That's it. If he gets sent to jail for life, what happens??? We go back to the corps we had before. There's NO RISK! If he disrupts our team, HE GETS CUT!!!!

People have problems, and people can get better. If they get better, they can do lots of things. He COULD become a very good receiver. If he doesn't, then it doesn't matter because we'll CUT HIM. WHAT DO YOU WANT???????

Canadian, quit yelling. You're developing quite the habit.

He hasn't helped our team yet. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. But walking all starry-eyed into this will just make you yell later. Maybe a little dose of reality, like a year in jail for Krob like Smith, could be on the horizon. This is a verrrrrrrry edge pick and recognizing it as such would benefit you. Worshipping this lazy guy for a single decent season and ignoring all the important issues since...like catching a ball....would be silly, as that is his job.

Go for it Koren, prove me wrong. But I don't need another jailed/suspended tool on my team Just know you aren't getting your boots licked here...you better prove it, and fast.

Webby
09-06-2005, 07:20 AM
"mnjamie" wrote:

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:

Obviously this guy is no Randy Moss. Nobody thinks so. The question is whether or not he can help out this team, and whether or not he gives us a better receiving corps, and a better chance to win football games. The answer undoubtedly is yes. He CAN help out this team, because he is a good football player, and he DOES give us a better receiving corps, because he is an upgrade over Howry/Campbell. And he DOES give us a better chance to win football games, because of this. Mnjamie, you're reading too much into this signing. We are not trying to get a proven #1 receiver. We signed a guy who has a lot of talent, and has been productive in the past. We are signing a guy who HAS THE POTENTIAL to be an excellent receiver. If he doesn't pan out, if he drops footballs, what have we lost? We took a chance on a guy and it didn't work out, and we take a TINY cap hit when we cut him. That's it. If he does work out, then we potentially have a bery good receiver. What's not to like??????

What's not to like?? The entire offseason the reason fed to us on the Moss trade was to clean up the locker room and chage the attitude of team. Then Tice has his scalping issues, The "Whizzinator", etc. etc ... It seems like we finally have this all in the past and then we take a flyer on a WR (at a postion not needed), who has baggage (more than Moss), a known eyesight issue, and has never lived up to his expectations of a 1st round pick. Now, I agree the money is not a big issue here. But for the last few monthes all I hear about is how the Vikes are now "Cancer Free" for lack of a better term, bringing him in wasnt worth it. Plus, I see time being better spent on our other WR's getting time in practice and on the field...IMO


Don't forget the coach dynamic. They'll want to prove they are right and not "cut him" easily for any "issues" around the locker room like some of the starry-eyeds think. That will be an admission of major foul up. Which means he potentially will be stinking around the locker room for quite a while. Its not black and white about the good v bad ratio and value. Any attempt to make it win/win only ignores the fundamentals of a team game.

LuckyVike
09-06-2005, 07:22 AM
I wish ya'll would quit being so tough on Koren. If you guys have already forgotten, people said TT and Troy had problems dropping balls but you've seen what they've done thus far in Vikings uni's.

I'm just saying he's a Viking now, like it or not. He's on our team and our coaching staff made the decision to put him there and I'm sure they had a good reason to do so... remember guys... they get paid to do it... they probably know more about what's going than you do. As hard as it is for some of you to grasp that, yes, they know more about what's happening than you do. Support our players, hard times and good.

mnjamie
09-06-2005, 07:26 AM
2004 Drops Leaders
Player Team Drops

Darrell Jackson SEA 11
Donald Driver GB 11
Az-Zahir Hakim DET 11
Koren Robinson SEA 10
Keary Colbert CAR 10
Jimmy Smith JAX 10

---------------------------------------------------------

2004 Highest Drop Percentage, Top 5

Player Team Target Drop Drop %
Az-Zahir Hakim DET 57 11 17.5%
Koren Robinson SEA 67 10 14.9%
Darius Watts DEN 53 6 11.3%
Antonio Bryant CLE* 72 8 11.1%
Keary Colbert CAR 92 10 10.9%
*Bryant’s stats are from Cleveland only

Webby
09-06-2005, 07:33 AM
"Vikes2611" wrote:

I wish ya'll would quit being so tough on Koren. If you guys have already forgotten, people said TT and Troy had problems dropping balls but you've seen what they've done thus far in Vikings uni's.

I'm just saying he's a Viking now, like it or not. He's on our team and our coaching staff made the decision to put him there and I'm sure they had a good reason to do so... remember guys... they get paid to do it... they probably know more about what's going than you do. As hard as it is for some of you to grasp that, yes, they know more about what's happening than you do. Support our players, hard times and good.

I said nothing of the sorts about TT nor Troy. I supported both, in the face of fierce opposition. Yeah, they are working out! I will stick with my opinion on this as well until proved wrong.

To make your point valid, why are people bagging on Smith? He was/is our team member! Why bag on .. etc etc. You don't get it both ways....you can also express displeasure with a team move and still support someone. I have said repeatedly I hope he proves me wrong. But I still find the whole move puzzling when we have *more dire needs* like the O-line, etc. We are *not* short in WR.

vikesfan
09-06-2005, 07:33 AM
2004 Drops Leaders
Player Team Drops

Darrell Jackson SEA 11
Donald Driver GB 11
Az-Zahir Hakim DET 11
Koren Robinson SEA 10
Keary Colbert CAR 10
Jimmy Smith JAX 10


The sad thing is that Koren Robinson managed to lead that list considering he played in only 10 games last year, while most of the other receivers probably played in all 16, or I'm sure at least more than 10.

LuckyVike
09-06-2005, 07:39 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

"Vikes2611" wrote:

I wish ya'll would quit being so tough on Koren. If you guys have already forgotten, people said TT and Troy had problems dropping balls but you've seen what they've done thus far in Vikings uni's.

I'm just saying he's a Viking now, like it or not. He's on our team and our coaching staff made the decision to put him there and I'm sure they had a good reason to do so... remember guys... they get paid to do it... they probably know more about what's going than you do. As hard as it is for some of you to grasp that, yes, they know more about what's happening than you do. Support our players, hard times and good.

I said nothing of the sorts about TT nor Troy. I supported both, in the face of fierce opposition. Yeah, they are working out! I will stick with my opinion on this as well until proved wrong.

To make your point valid, why are people bagging on Smith? He was/is our team member! Why bag on .. etc etc. You don't get it both ways....you can also express displeasure with a team move and still support someone. I have said repeatedly I hope he proves me wrong. But I still find the whole move puzzling when we have *more dire needs* like the O-line, etc. We are *not* short in WR.

The thing about going out and getting a *more dire need* is the quality of players left that play that position. Perhaps the organization feels that the players left to be picked up aren't worth getting. Like I said, they know more than me and you combined. Perhaps in the workout he put on for them Monday showed them something they liked and they ended up signing him for a good value. I hope the possibility still exists for us to get Jay Foreman. I'm really sold on this guy and would love to have him on our team.

LuckyVike
09-06-2005, 07:42 AM
"vikesfan" wrote:

2004 Drops Leaders
Player Team Drops

Darrell Jackson SEA 11
Donald Driver GB 11
Az-Zahir Hakim DET 11
Koren Robinson SEA 10
Keary Colbert CAR 10
Jimmy Smith JAX 10


The sad thing is that Koren Robinson managed to lead that list considering he played in only 10 games last year, while most of the other receivers probably played in all 16, or I'm sure at least more than 10.

Perhaps Matt Hasselbeck was part of the problem. Notice two of the recievers on that list play for Seattle.

Webby
09-06-2005, 07:42 AM
"Vikes2611" wrote:

"webmaster" wrote:

"Vikes2611" wrote:

I wish ya'll would quit being so tough on Koren. If you guys have already forgotten, people said TT and Troy had problems dropping balls but you've seen what they've done thus far in Vikings uni's.

I'm just saying he's a Viking now, like it or not. He's on our team and our coaching staff made the decision to put him there and I'm sure they had a good reason to do so... remember guys... they get paid to do it... they probably know more about what's going than you do. As hard as it is for some of you to grasp that, yes, they know more about what's happening than you do. Support our players, hard times and good.

I said nothing of the sorts about TT nor Troy. I supported both, in the face of fierce opposition. Yeah, they are working out! I will stick with my opinion on this as well until proved wrong.

To make your point valid, why are people bagging on Smith? He was/is our team member! Why bag on .. etc etc. You don't get it both ways....you can also express displeasure with a team move and still support someone. I have said repeatedly I hope he proves me wrong. But I still find the whole move puzzling when we have *more dire needs* like the O-line, etc. We are *not* short in WR.

The thing about going out and getting a *more dire need* is the quality of players left that play that position. Perhaps the organization feels that the players left to be picked up aren't worth getting. Like I said, they know more than me and you combined. Perhaps in the workout he put on for them Monday showed them something they liked and they ended up signing him for a good value. I hope the possibility still exists for us to get Jay Foreman. I'm really sold on this guy and would love to have him on our team.

Yeah, I'd rather spend a little money on someone like Foreman who would be virtually a guaranteed asset around here, with a good attitude and a clean record. We need a deep D to go all the way.

Hey, quit using my quick pat answer about them "knowing better than we do". That's my argument cop-out! Don't make me sue you for copyright infringement! :lol: :lol:

LuckyVike
09-06-2005, 07:48 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

"Vikes2611" wrote:

"webmaster" wrote:

"Vikes2611" wrote:

I wish ya'll would quit being so tough on Koren. If you guys have already forgotten, people said TT and Troy had problems dropping balls but you've seen what they've done thus far in Vikings uni's.

I'm just saying he's a Viking now, like it or not. He's on our team and our coaching staff made the decision to put him there and I'm sure they had a good reason to do so... remember guys... they get paid to do it... they probably know more about what's going than you do. As hard as it is for some of you to grasp that, yes, they know more about what's happening than you do. Support our players, hard times and good.

I said nothing of the sorts about TT nor Troy. I supported both, in the face of fierce opposition. Yeah, they are working out! I will stick with my opinion on this as well until proved wrong.

To make your point valid, why are people bagging on Smith? He was/is our team member! Why bag on .. etc etc. You don't get it both ways....you can also express displeasure with a team move and still support someone. I have said repeatedly I hope he proves me wrong. But I still find the whole move puzzling when we have *more dire needs* like the O-line, etc. We are *not* short in WR.

The thing about going out and getting a *more dire need* is the quality of players left that play that position. Perhaps the organization feels that the players left to be picked up aren't worth getting. Like I said, they know more than me and you combined. Perhaps in the workout he put on for them Monday showed them something they liked and they ended up signing him for a good value. I hope the possibility still exists for us to get Jay Foreman. I'm really sold on this guy and would love to have him on our team.

Yeah, I'd rather spend a little money on someone like Foreman who would be virtually a guaranteed asset around here, with a good attitude and a clean record. We need a deep D to go all the way.

Hey, quit using my quick pat answer about them "knowing better than we do". That's my argument cop-out! Don't make me sue you for copyright infringement! :lol: :lol:

Haha, see, if you use it too then you know its the truth. But I got to get to bed lol, no more time to argue... later.

cajunvike
09-06-2005, 07:51 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

"Vikes2611" wrote:

"webmaster" wrote:

"Vikes2611" wrote:

I wish ya'll would quit being so tough on Koren. If you guys have already forgotten, people said TT and Troy had problems dropping balls but you've seen what they've done thus far in Vikings uni's.

I'm just saying he's a Viking now, like it or not. He's on our team and our coaching staff made the decision to put him there and I'm sure they had a good reason to do so... remember guys... they get paid to do it... they probably know more about what's going than you do. As hard as it is for some of you to grasp that, yes, they know more about what's happening than you do. Support our players, hard times and good.

I said nothing of the sorts about TT nor Troy. I supported both, in the face of fierce opposition. Yeah, they are working out! I will stick with my opinion on this as well until proved wrong.

To make your point valid, why are people bagging on Smith? He was/is our team member! Why bag on .. etc etc. You don't get it both ways....you can also express displeasure with a team move and still support someone. I have said repeatedly I hope he proves me wrong. But I still find the whole move puzzling when we have *more dire needs* like the O-line, etc. We are *not* short in WR.

The thing about going out and getting a *more dire need* is the quality of players left that play that position. Perhaps the organization feels that the players left to be picked up aren't worth getting. Like I said, they know more than me and you combined. Perhaps in the workout he put on for them Monday showed them something they liked and they ended up signing him for a good value. I hope the possibility still exists for us to get Jay Foreman. I'm really sold on this guy and would love to have him on our team.

Yeah, I'd rather spend a little money on someone like Foreman who would be virtually a guaranteed asset around here, with a good attitude and a clean record. We need a deep D to go all the way.

Hey, quit using my quick pat answer about them "knowing better than we do". That's my argument cop-out! Don't make me sue you for copyright infringement! :lol: :lol:

I hope that all the naysayers (including me) are totally wrong about Koren...but the man comes to us with a TON of baggage! I would much rather the Vikings have brought in Jay Foreman...the dude was a starter last year and one of the leading tacklers on the Texans. That plus a good attitude and no problems makes taking him a no-brainer.

But if we win it all and Koren becomes the second coming of Cris Carter...then I will gladly eat my words regarding Koren.

Toss2Moss84
09-06-2005, 08:25 AM
Koren Robinson > Howry

That's all that needs to be known. The Vikes just made their team more solid. He doesn't have to come in and become Moss. He's a damn good option to have at #4 or #5 on the depth chart.

mnvikes61
09-06-2005, 05:08 PM
"Toss2Moss84" wrote:

Koren Robinson > Howry

That's all that needs to be known. The Vikes just made their team more solid. He doesn't have to come in and become Moss. He's a gol 'darnit good option to have at #4 or #5 on the depth chart.
Yah but how often did howry play? not very often. now we have a supposedly #3 or #4 receiver in Robinson, what are we going to do with williamson? we're paying him more money, i'll be very disappointed to see our rookie wide out sitting on the bench, to watch a guy drop passes.

mnjamie
09-06-2005, 05:38 PM
"Toss2Moss84" wrote:

Koren Robinson > Howry

That's all that needs to be known. The Vikes just made their team more solid. He doesn't have to come in and become Moss. He's a gol 'darnit good option to have at #4 or #5 on the depth chart.

Explain to me how any WR is a "Good Option" either #1, #2, #3, #4 or #5 on the depth chart when:
a) he drops passes consistently in any situation
b) has an additiction to pot and liquor (which he will continue to battle for the rest of his life)
c) has an eye deformity that makes it tough for him to see the ball

.... add to that, attitude problems (per Holmgren) in the lockeroom & One strike away from being out of the NFL for one year.

It doesnt add up ... I hope Tice explains it all today in the press conference.

** But, all that aside, I have said my peace previously on this topic. I hope he does play, alot! Then I can dig this tread up .... **

canadian_vikes_fan
09-06-2005, 08:26 PM
Canadian, quit yelling. You're developing quite the habit.

Alright, my bad. I was just getting a little frustrated last night about people who kept bashing this signing.


The entire offseason the reason fed to us on the Moss trade was to clean up the locker room and chage the attitude of team.It seems like we finally have this all in the past and then we take a flyer on a WR who has more baggage than Moss.

A lot of people have said this as a reason not to sign Koren. I have one question for you people. If you could go back to '98 and take Denny Green's spot, would you even consider not taking Moss. Didn't think so. There's not a chance you would ever take anyone else. And the thing is, Koren is way less of a risk than Moss. That's because there are 2 kinds of "cancers."

High-risk "cancers":
ie. TO, Moss, maybe Sean Taylor

These are guys that are pains in the asses, but you can't really do anything about them because you pay them a whole lotta money and you can't live without their production on the field. These are the kinds of players that you wanna avoid.

Low-risk "cancers":
ie. Freddie Mitchell, Onterrio Smith, etc

These are guys that can be pains in the asses, but they are generally not as bad as group 1 cancers because they can't get away with it. Just look at Freddie Bitchell. He was a pain in the ass, but because he didn't have the production of a Moss or a TO, and he wasn't earning that much money, he just keeps getting cut.

If you want to include Koren Robinson in one of those groups, it has to be the second. And someone in the second group is not much of a risk. If they do stupid stuff, they get cut. Just like Freddie Mitchell. I'm being supportive of Koren right now and I like the signing, but if in 2 weeks he does something really stupid, I'm all for him being cut. So what's the risk? Apparently, the deal is 2 years and $1.5 million. If he gets cut, that's hardly a big cap hit. And if he doesn't work out, we just go back to the same receiving corps that we have now. But if he does work out, then we could end up having one of the best corps in the league! He knows this is his last chance to turn his life around, so why not give him a chance? People who are desperate can do amazing things.


Don't forget the coach dynamic. They'll want to prove they are right and not "cut him" easily for any "issues" around the locker room like some of the starry-eyeds think. That will be an admission of major foul up. Which means he potentially will be stinking around the locker room for quite a while.

This is the first good reason I've heard not to sign him. But really, if our coach is too interested in looking smart himself over the team's needs, I don't want the guy. That's more of a reason to fire Tice than not to sign Robinson.


Explain to me how any WR is a "Good Option" either #1, #2, #3, #4 or #5 on the depth chart when:
a) he drops passes consistently in any situation
b) has an additiction to pot and liquor (which he will continue to battle for the rest of his life)
c) has an eye deformity that makes it tough for him to see the ball

a) If he does continue to drop passes consistently, you're right, he is not a good option. But everyone knows that Koren does have the potential to catch balls. How do we know that? Look at his career. He had a pretty good rookie year with 500 yds. Not bad. He had an amazing second year, with 1200 yds. He had a pretty good third year with 800 yds. Then he had one bad year with 400 yds and dropped balls. How can you write a guy off after one bad year??? We're all Vikings fans. Remember when Pep had those two terrible years in 2001 and 2002? What happened to him?

b) A very serious problem. But is it something that can't be overcome?? Considering this is his last chance, he's going to be as determined as ever not to let his addiction get the best of him.

c) I personally think this is bullshit. The eyesight problem that you are talking about was discovered at the combine. That was 4 years ago. The "problem" is that he has 20-80 vision in one eye. The problem is easily corrected. He isn't having that problem anymore.

Now let me show you parts on an article from a Seahawks fan site from earlier this year.


He went to rehab this spring to work out his problems with alcoholism, and he swears he’s a new man. Mike Holmgren has stood by him through and through, because not only does he believe in Koren the football player, but in Koren the person as well.

Everybody has problems, and he has dealt with his.


We as fans have every reason to believe in Koren the football player. In the 2002 season, Robinson’s speed and soft hands were the recipe for a great season. He’s only 26 years old, and a committed K-Rob completely changes the makeup of the Seattle passing game. He makes Hasselbeck better, and by proxy he makes D-Jack better, as defenses won’t be ganging up on only one target.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that Robinson has a lot of talent and a lot of potential. He has shown in the past that he is a very good receiver, and could even be a Pro-Bowl calibre player. He had one bad year and had a couple off-field problems, and suddenly everyone hates him. He wasn't signed to replace anyone, he was only brought in to help shore up our depth at the position. And just because we signed him doesn't mean we've stopped looking at other potential Vikings. I'm sure the coaching staff is working hard looking at O-lineman and upgrades on defence. But Koren was available, and the coaching staff obviously thinks that he can perform very well in purple. And I don't know why I shouldn't believe them.

Wow. This post has gone on much longer than I expected. This took me about an hour to write, so I hope that at least someone takes the time to read it! :lol:

Mr. Purple
09-06-2005, 08:42 PM
N-Burelson
T-Taylor
M-Rob
K-Rob
T-Williamson
K-Campbell....




Just look at that...so beautiful...so much depth, so much potential...makes me so happy..

RK.
09-06-2005, 08:42 PM
Maybe I missed something but I was under the impression that Hoag was looking pretty good in pre-season. :???: Also I was under the impression that the passing game looked good in pre-season and that it is the running game that is weak? Why wouldn't we look for a running back?

Mr. Purple
09-06-2005, 08:46 PM
The thing is, its not like we have 4 crappy running backs. We have 4 running backs who all bring somethin to the table. We have alot of potential at running back. Who could we bring in that is every down back, that could make a differnce? Noone really...we all saw what MeMo did last year...also Fason is the future of our backfield IMO. We brought in another WR so we could have a solid corps. We're gonna be doing alot of spreading the ball around this year. While nate is our number 1...we need to have depth, if nate was to lord forbid get injuried...would u feel comfortable with Mrob and Taylor as our number 1's week in and week out...I for one would feel sketchy about that...so another wr...who has TONS of potential helps us alot...



also MNvike...bad a$$ sig man!

canadian_vikes_fan
09-06-2005, 08:46 PM
"RK" wrote:

Maybe I missed something but I was under the impression that Hoag was looking pretty good in pre-season. ??? Also I was under the impression that the passing game looked good in pre-season and that it is the running game that is weak? Why wouldn't we look for a running back?We have several quality running backs. The reason the running game has looked weak has been the O-line struggles. Personally, I think its because we've had so many changes throught TC that they haven't had enough time to get used to each other. I think that within a couple of weeks they'll be fine. But if not, Tice and Co. will be looking for other guys. And even right now, I'm sure they're watching the waiver wire looking for some depth on the O-line.

ItalianStallion
09-06-2005, 08:58 PM
"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"magicci" wrote:

man i wish we could run a 6 reciever set that would be so cool lol. who was our number four reciever last year when moss was hurt?

We would have to get the ball off in a hurry with only 4 lineman. :lol:

Actually, in the CFL, we play with 6 receivers all the time. But we have 12 guys on the field.

A few years ago, the Blue Bombers had an amazing group of receivers, and we ran our "Six Pack" all the time. It was AWESOME!

When was that exactly? All I remember about the Blue bombers is they haven't won a Grey Cup in a long time.

ShanePurpleBlood
09-06-2005, 08:58 PM
"RK" wrote:

Maybe I missed something but I was under the impression that Hoag was looking pretty good in pre-season. :???: Also I was under the impression that the passing game looked good in pre-season and that it is the running game that is weak? Why wouldn't we look for a running back?

That is a good question, I hope in time are questions will be answered. I though Hoag did good too. If a couple of our backs stay healthy, I think we will be ok. It is nice to have depth at any position. Koren has major upside, but I was happy with the lineup we had. Maybe Koren will make Tice look good. Even before Tice I have questioned management, but I'm sure every management is questioned by some. Time will tell.

ItalianStallion
09-06-2005, 09:13 PM
On another note, how many of you KRob supporters will be there next year when Onterrio decides he wants to play for the Vikings again?

VKG4LFE
09-06-2005, 09:15 PM
I hope onterrio wants to play for the vikes next year! He's the best back we have, I really hope the treatment program works for him though!

PurplePeopleEaters
09-06-2005, 09:21 PM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

The thing is, its not like we have 4 crappy running backs. We have 4 running backs who all bring somethin to the table. We have alot of potential at running back. Who could we bring in that is every down back, that could make a differnce? Noone really...we all saw what MeMo did last year...also Fason is the future of our backfield IMO. We brought in another WR so we could have a solid corps. We're gonna be doing alot of spreading the ball around this year. While nate is our number 1...we need to have depth, if nate was to lord forbid get injuried...would u feel comfortable with Mrob and Taylor as our number 1's week in and week out...I for one would feel sketchy about that...so another wr...who has TONS of potential helps us alot...



also MNvike...bad a$$ sig man!

That would be a PPE sig my friend :wink:

VKG4LFE
09-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Braggar!! lol jk

Del Rio
09-06-2005, 09:27 PM
"Vikes2611" wrote:

"vikesfan" wrote:

2004 Drops Leaders
Player Team Drops

Darrell Jackson SEA 11
Donald Driver GB 11
Az-Zahir Hakim DET 11
Koren Robinson SEA 10
Keary Colbert CAR 10
Jimmy Smith JAX 10


The sad thing is that Koren Robinson managed to lead that list considering he played in only 10 games last year, while most of the other receivers probably played in all 16, or I'm sure at least more than 10.

Perhaps Matt Hasselbeck was part of the problem. Notice two of the recievers on that list play for Seattle.

I don't think so man. His recievers were droppoing balls left and right and they were hitting them right in the hands.

I think was a stupid pick up. I don't even think the guy can take out M. Rob. Hell pick up another O-lineman or something but why a WR with serious issues? We better have gotten a free large fry with that or something.

V-Unit
09-06-2005, 09:37 PM
I don't have a problem with K-Rob at all, but I don't think he fits into the situation in Minny very well. We talked about the need to develop Williamson slowly all offseason. Now it looks like he is fifth on the depth and won't see much playing time at all. That pisses me off. Give the yound guy a chance. I am going to curse at Mike Tice every time K-Rob is on the field but T-Will isn't.

Krob is a waste of a roster spot. Did the coaches really feel that our biggest need was at WR? How does that make any sense? RB, OL, CB, and P are all much bigger questions right now.

canadian_vikes_fan
09-06-2005, 09:58 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"magicci" wrote:

man i wish we could run a 6 reciever set that would be so cool lol. who was our number four reciever last year when moss was hurt?

We would have to get the ball off in a hurry with only 4 lineman. :lol:

Actually, in the CFL, we play with 6 receivers all the time. But we have 12 guys on the field.

A few years ago, the Blue Bombers had an amazing group of receivers, and we ran our "Six Pack" all the time. It was AWESOME!

When was that exactly? All I remember about the Blue bombers is they haven't won a Grey Cup in a long time.

It was about 4 or 5 years ago when the Bombers didn't suck. We had some awesome receivers - Milt Stegall, Robert Gordon, Arland Bruce, Geroy Simon, Albert Johnson III, and someone else.

canadian_vikes_fan
09-06-2005, 10:02 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

On another note, how many of you KRob supporters will be there next year when Onterrio decides he wants to play for the Vikings again?

I hope he comes back with us next year. He's a really good back, but I wouldn't trust him with the #1 job anymore. But as a change of pace back, or just to get him in there to give the #1 back a rest, I'd love to have him.

He just made it way too easy to make fun of him. We can still make fun of him, but hopefully he'll come back ready to play.

pigskinronin
09-07-2005, 01:57 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

N-Burelson
T-Taylor
M-Rob
K-Rob
T-Williamson
K-Campbell....




Just look at that...so beautiful...so much depth, so much potential...makes me so happy..

Here's another way to look at it:

"The Vikings now have three receivers with a 1,000-yard season to their credit in Robinson, top target Nate Burleson and Marcus Robinson. Two others were top-10 draft picks, rookie Troy Williamson (No. 7 overall) and Travis Taylor (No. 10 overall in 2000, with Baltimore). "

That is a nasty reveiving corp!

mnvikes61
09-07-2005, 02:00 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

The thing is, its not like we have 4 crappy running backs. We have 4 running backs who all bring somethin to the table. We have alot of potential at running back. Who could we bring in that is every down back, that could make a differnce? Noone really...we all saw what MeMo did last year...also Fason is the future of our backfield IMO. We brought in another WR so we could have a solid corps. We're gonna be doing alot of spreading the ball around this year. While nate is our number 1...we need to have depth, if nate was to lord forbid get injuried...would u feel comfortable with Mrob and Taylor as our number 1's week in and week out...I for one would feel sketchy about that...so another wr...who has TONS of potential helps us alot...



also MNvike...bad a$$ sig man!

That would be a PPE sig my friend :wink:
yes i really do love this sig. thanks alot PPE! :salute:

PurplePeopleEaters
09-07-2005, 02:02 AM
"pigskinronin" wrote:

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

N-Burelson
T-Taylor
M-Rob
K-Rob
T-Williamson
K-Campbell....




Just look at that...so beautiful...so much depth, so much potential...makes me so happy..

Here's another way to look at it:

"The Vikings now have three receivers with a 1,000-yard season to their credit in Robinson, top target Nate Burleson and Marcus Robinson. Two others were top-10 draft picks, rookie Troy Williamson (No. 7 overall) and Travis Taylor (No. 10 overall in 2000, with Baltimore). "

That is a nasty reveiving corp!

That is the way we have to look at it in order to be optimistic. Other than nate, none of the recievers are proven but we hope to god that they can perform. I personally think that they will perform but that is just me. Oh and it now looks like this... :evil:

Burly
TT
M-Rob
K-Rob
Troy
Keenan McCrap

HerdDaVikes
09-07-2005, 02:04 AM
I just heard on ESPN from mark clayton, sorry no link, but he said that K-Rob will be used as a kick returner when he comes to play in week two. I assume until he gets aclimated since he didnt have a training camp.

PurplePeopleEaters
09-07-2005, 02:08 AM
"HerdDaVikes" wrote:

I just heard on ESPN from mark clayton, sorry no link, but he said that K-Rob will be used as a kick returner when he comes to play in week two. I assume until he gets aclimated since he didnt have a training camp.

That is good news. He is pretty fast and is a way better kick returner than Howry and Moore. :hello1:

mnvikes61
09-07-2005, 02:09 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

"pigskinronin" wrote:

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

N-Burelson
T-Taylor
M-Rob
K-Rob
T-Williamson
K-Campbell....




Just look at that...so beautiful...so much depth, so much potential...makes me so happy..

Here's another way to look at it:

"The Vikings now have three receivers with a 1,000-yard season to their credit in Robinson, top target Nate Burleson and Marcus Robinson. Two others were top-10 draft picks, rookie Troy Williamson (No. 7 overall) and Travis Taylor (No. 10 overall in 2000, with Baltimore). "

That is a nasty reveiving corp!

That is the way we have to look at it in order to be optimistic. Other than nate, none of the recievers are proven but we hope to god that they can perform. I personally think that they will perform but that is just me. Oh and it now looks like this... :evil:

Burly
TT
M-Rob
K-Rob
Troy
Keenan McCrap
:laughing3:
yah hopefully he's off our team soon, i think he's a waste of space. plus moore is probaly our best RB so we don't want him out there running back punts.

so-cal vike
09-07-2005, 02:36 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:


Other than nate, none of the recievers are proven but we hope to god that they can perform. I personally think that they will perform but that is just me.

M.Robinson had his chance and couldn't hang. Still good though.

The fact that Travis Taylor has moved up to the #2 spot(I knew he could) shows what kind of effort we can expect from him.

Williamson will get his chance.

This could be K. Rob's last chance.

K. Howry...?

V4L
09-07-2005, 02:39 AM
Im glad K-rob will be used as a kick returner.. He is quick and should make good cuts... Hopefully he kicks Keenan out the door!

midgensa
09-07-2005, 02:56 AM
I don't think they will be using Troy as the No. 5 personally, I think this spells a lot less reps for M-Rob than it does for Troy.

PurplePeopleEaters
09-07-2005, 03:01 AM
"so-cal vike" wrote:

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:


Other than nate, none of the recievers are proven but we hope to god that they can perform. I personally think that they will perform but that is just me.

M.Robinson had his chance and couldn't hang. Still good though.

The fact that Travis Taylor has moved up to the #2 spot(I knew he could) shows what kind of effort we can expect from him.
Williamson will get his chance.

This could be K. Rob's last chance.

K. Howry...?

Completely agree. It is great that he is the #2. He will make the most of his 2nd chance.

so-cal vike
09-07-2005, 03:13 AM
I hope he stays healthy enough keeps the #2 spot. I don't believe he'll lose it because of a lack of effort or talent.

canadian_vikes_fan
09-07-2005, 03:15 AM
"HerdDaVikes" wrote:

I just heard on ESPN from mark clayton, sorry no link, but he said that K-Rob will be used as a kick returner when he comes to play in week two. I assume until he gets aclimated since he didnt have a training camp.

If this is true, I don't know why he couldn't play in Week 1. Learning the kick return plays can't really be that hard. Run really fast to your right and try and not get tackled. He would already be on the 53 man roster, so he'd be available, so I don't understand that? I would understand bringing him in slowly to the passing game, by week 2, but any thoughts on this?

mnvikes61
09-07-2005, 04:00 AM
does he have a lot of experience with returning punts? if so i don't understand why either CVF. :scratch:

canadian_vikes_fan
09-07-2005, 04:02 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

does he have a lot of experience with returning punts? if so i don't understand why either CVF. scratchWell, from what I've learned reading these posts :lol: he apparently did pretty well returning kicks in college and hasn't done it since. But since he is a speedy guy, I wouldn't think it would take to long to remember how to do it. And hey, he can't really be much worse than Howry, can he? :lol:

mnvikes61
09-07-2005, 04:05 AM
no nobody would be worse than howry. but maybe since he hasn't really done it a whole lot since college, maybe they want to work on him with our STs. just a thought.

magicci
09-07-2005, 06:04 AM
so out 7th overall pick is now the 5th string. hmm

so-cal vike
09-07-2005, 06:55 AM
So how about that Mike Williams?

mnvikes61
09-07-2005, 07:23 AM
"so-cal vike" wrote:

So how about that Mike Williams?
what about mike williams? :???:

so-cal vike
09-07-2005, 07:43 AM
Nothing really. Just wondering how he's doing. I mean, the Vikes did pass on him for a reason... right?

mnvikes61
09-07-2005, 07:44 AM
last time i saw the stat match-up between the two, Williams had a couple more catches, a couple more yards, and i don't believe a TD. that's all i know about him though.
yah okay, williamson ended the preseason with 3 catches for a 103 and 1 TD
williams 8 catches for 130 yards and 0 TDs

DemonicViking
09-07-2005, 07:50 AM
I think Williams is 4th on the Lions depth chart.

so-cal vike
09-07-2005, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the info. Although my comments were a bit passive-aggressive, I really haven't heard much about him.

Schulzy
09-07-2005, 11:25 AM
I wish williams all the best in week 1 against the fugepack. After that ,let's not hear about him again.(I know we will) But there has 2 be a reason we passed him up. I also hope to hear how K-rob found his way, INTO THE END ZONE. I know Moss was and still is the best WR in the world but we now don't even know our selfs who is our best WR on our team. How will they defend that. Our team has changed we now have some D. I think the big D.C. knows how to play the clock, and give our D some rest. He will still add the deep threat with Nate and M-rob mabey even TT. But I think our threat will know be the short game. Witch opens up Jim K (not as a option but as a play) As long as Jim is there our running game and reciving game is cool.

DaunteHOF
09-07-2005, 04:14 PM
12-4 record will make people forget us not getting Mike Williams

ShanePurpleBlood
09-07-2005, 05:22 PM
This is sweet that we will have 3 first round WR! I don't think Howry will be around long if K rob can start returning again. Troy will probably be used week one as 3rd or 4th WR in certian situations. Dare I say WR By Commitee?

Del Rio
09-07-2005, 05:26 PM
If old butter fingers starts returning our kicks I think it will be official we will have a new coaching staff next year.

FuadFan
09-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Del why so negative, Kelly Campbell was not a great player for us and he has as much baggage as Robinson without the upside and once he shows he can return punts we will cut Howry and get someone that can help contribute to winning games.

mnvikes61
09-07-2005, 07:03 PM
yah but i don't remeber Campbell dropping nearly as many passes as Robinson has. i hope they make Robinson catch and return 100 punts/kickoffs, without dropping a ball before even considering putting him back there.

Del Rio
09-07-2005, 07:07 PM
"FuadFan" wrote:

Del why so negative, Kelly Campbell was not a great player for us and he has as much baggage as Robinson without the upside and once he shows he can return punts we will cut Howry and get someone that can help contribute to winning games.

Well because Faud the guy has eyesight problems, the guy drops a lot of passes I think it would be unwise to send him back to catch a ball that is hurling down towards him from outerspace while he is looking up into the lights. That's one of the most costly turnovers you can have, if there is a greater risk why even take it.

carolinafan
09-09-2005, 04:49 AM
Mike Williams vs TW thread again? This is absolutely insane. I've watched two Lions preseason games, and you better thank God you got TW. Williams will be a nice NFL receiver. TW will be a star with a great attitude. Someone above posted the stats. TW had 3 catches for 103 yards and a TD. I dare say he didn't get to play but a handful of plays b/c of his injury. He's healing daily and should be full speed by Sunday. Williams had 8 catches for 130 yds, no TDs.

So you see, TW covered as much ground with less catches and he scored a TD. Isn't that what you needed??? If you wanted a 10 yard down and out guy, you should have drafted Williams. Otherwise, shut the freak up about Mike Williams AND Randy Moss.