PDA

View Full Version : Peter King from si.com picks vikes to go the the superbowl

Jordan
09-05-2005, 09:18 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/09/05/mmqb.predictions/2.html

He picked them to go to the superbowl but lose to the pats.

DemonicViking
09-05-2005, 09:20 PM
31-15.. I'm crying in my beer already.

DoraTheExplorer
09-05-2005, 09:24 PM
In the newest SI Dr. Z has the Carolina Panthers winning the Superbowl. I have no idea how you get that. The panthers lose their best receiver and they go to the Superbowl??? And I don't remember any major aditions for them. Oh yeah, and we lose in the first round of the playoffs to the cowboys. :roll:

DemonicViking
09-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Yeah, right, the Cowboys? I don't see that happening.

LuckyVike
09-05-2005, 09:28 PM
If we make it to the bowl we better finish off the year with a ring!

DoraTheExplorer
09-05-2005, 09:33 PM
"DemonicViking" wrote:

Yeah, right, the Cowboys? I don't see that happening.

BUT THEY'VE GOT DREW BLEDSOE! :roll: LOL

mnvikes61
09-05-2005, 09:34 PM
"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

In the newest SI Dr. Z has the Carolina Panthers winning the Superbowl. I have no idea how you get that. The panthers lose their best receiver and they go to the Superbowl??? And I don't remember any major aditions for them. Oh yeah, and we lose in the first round of the playoffs to the cowboys. :roll:
Carolina didn't lose their best receiver, Steve Smith is their #1 wide out, just he was out all season, they have an awesome running back in Stephen Davis, and they probaly have the one of the better if not the best D-lines in the game. Panters are going to be good this year i predict

LuckyVike
09-05-2005, 09:40 PM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

Carolina didn't lose their best receiver, Steve Smith is their #1 wide out, just he was out all season, they have an awesome running back in Stephen Davis, and they probaly have the one of the better if not the best D-lines in the game. Panters are going to be good this year i predict

True, before Smith got hurt he was the #1 reciever for the Panthers but he'll never put up the numbers that Mushin did last year.

PurplePackerEater
09-05-2005, 09:56 PM
He said, she said, blah, blah,blah... :sleepy4:

mnvikes61
09-05-2005, 09:58 PM
nah Mushin blew up in the 2nd half of the season, that was a career year for him, you're definately right about that Vikes2611, closest smith got was 1100 yards in 2003 i believe.

LuckyVike
09-05-2005, 09:58 PM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean in this thread.

mnvikes61
09-05-2005, 10:00 PM
"Vikes2611" wrote:

that everybody is an expert at this point in the season, i believe is what PPE meant.

LuckyVike
09-05-2005, 10:01 PM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

"Vikes2611" wrote:

that everybody is an expert at this point in the season, i believe is what PPE meant.

That does hold some validity.

DemonicViking
09-05-2005, 10:02 PM
I'm guessing.. 'cause of different predictions? That guy is off his rocker if he thinks we'll lose to the DallAsSwiPES.

PurplePackerEater
09-05-2005, 10:24 PM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

"Vikes2611" wrote:

:cool:

mnvikes61
09-05-2005, 10:26 PM
congrats on the 1000 post mark PPE!!!!!!! :salute: maybe i'll get there someday as well

Ltrey33
09-05-2005, 10:30 PM
King was on NFL Network's preseason show last night, and he picked 31-20 Pats over Vikes.

mnvikes61
09-05-2005, 10:32 PM
hmmm... i guess he changed his mind cuz in the article he had 31-15 Pats. c'mon King get it straight :lol:

PurplePackerEater
09-05-2005, 10:33 PM
:shock: Thank you, thank you!! :occasion5:

LuckyVike
09-05-2005, 10:34 PM

:shock: Thank you, thank you!! :occasion5:

Yea, congrats Mr. 1000!

BBQ Platypus
09-05-2005, 10:53 PM
Too bad the rest of SI is drinking the Carolina Kool-Aid. The Panthers winning the SB? Give me a break. They lose their best wide receiver, gain no noteworthy free agents, but are picked to win SB XL because they have players returning from injuries they had last year. The Vikings lost their best WR, gain a buttload of new defensive FA's, AND have players returning from injuries they had last year, and are picked to go 9-7 and win the division by 1 game over the 8-8 Packers (who are not going to finish .500 this year - sorry, Los & Bono).

darkmage2012
09-05-2005, 11:23 PM
i think that if the vikes go to the bowl this year(which they will) then they WILL come back to minneapolis with a ring

DoraTheExplorer
09-05-2005, 11:30 PM
"darkmage2012" wrote:

i think that if the vikes go to the bowl this year(which they will) then they WILL come back to minneapolis with a ring

u guys are acting like inbred Packers fans. Sure, we have a team that could win the superbowl, emphasis on could, but guaranteing the Superbowl and a ring is a bit pre-mature, don't you think? After an OK preseason I'm not prepared to promise anything yet, except for the playoffs.

mnvikes61
09-05-2005, 11:31 PM
"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

Too bad the rest of SI is drinking the Carolina Kool-Aid. The Panthers winning the SB? Give me a break. They lose their best wide receiver, gain no noteworthy free agents, but are picked to win SB XL because they have players returning from injuries they had last year. The Vikings lost their best WR, gain a buttload of new defensive FA's, AND have players returning from injuries they had last year, and are picked to go 9-7 and win the division by 1 game over the 8-8 Packers (who are not going to finish .500 this year - sorry, Los & Bono).
the panters still have one of the better defenses in the league. you can win with a crappy offense and an awesome defense, baltimore proved that a couple years ago, so i think that carolina is definately going to be good this year

DoraTheExplorer
09-05-2005, 11:36 PM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

the panters still have one of the better defenses in the league. you can win with a crappy offense and an awesome defense, baltimore proved that a couple years ago, so i think that carolina is definately going to be good this year

BS. U need a half-decent offense to win a title.

mnvikes61
09-05-2005, 11:38 PM
they do have a halfway decent offense, they have a good running back and at least one really good WR, and a decent QB who can lead a team to victories. you think the only reason they got to the SB 2 years ago is cuz of Mushin, now that's b.s

SamDawg84
09-05-2005, 11:40 PM
Steve Smith is coming back from injury.. Stephen Davis should be healthy.. And they added Ken Lucas on D.. So they actually did add someone on D.. Not to mention Kris Jenkins is coming back.. Considered one of the best DT's in the league

natethegreat
09-05-2005, 11:46 PM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

i think their d is good enough to get them deep into the playoffs, but i dont think they can win the whole thing if their offense is as bad as it looks, they have delhome and davis who are both alright, but they dont have any wide outs, unless their offense can greatly improve, i dont see carolina finishing ahead of us, philly, or atlanta

mnvikes61
09-05-2005, 11:49 PM
i'm just saying that we shouldn't dismiss them, they are definately a contender in the NFC i think

SamDawg84
09-05-2005, 11:49 PM
They have Steve Smith and Keary Colbert for wideouts.. So i wouldn't say they dont have any wideouts natethegreat.. Thier D is pretty scary too.. They can make some noise.. But i'd say not the S.B

natethegreat
09-05-2005, 11:53 PM
"SamDawg84" wrote:

They have Steve Smith and Keary Colbert for wideouts.. So i wouldn't say they dont have any wideouts natethegreat.. Thier D is pretty scary too.. They can make some noise.. But i'd say not the S.B

yeah i can agree with that, their d is awesome, jenkins and peppers are both among of the best at their positions, i have just been hearing alot of people picking the panthers to go to the SB and to win the SB, and i just dont see that happening

mnvikes61
09-06-2005, 12:09 AM
they also have Ricky Proehle(spg?) who is a pretty good #3 receiever.