PDA

View Full Version : Should I trade?

WBLVikeBabe
09-05-2005, 07:51 AM
I'm not quite sure what to do with this trade deal someone on my league has proposed. He wants to trade his Pittsburgh defense and Tatem Bell for my Atlanta defense and Rudi Johnson what do you guys think? Do I make this trade?

DemonicViking
09-05-2005, 07:52 AM
No.

fred3105
09-05-2005, 07:54 AM
No Tatum Bell is going to split carries probably this year.

LuckyVike
09-05-2005, 08:11 AM
No, don't do it.

UkViking
09-05-2005, 09:27 AM
Not a good deal.

hovan
09-05-2005, 09:35 AM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

I'm not quite sure what to do with this trade deal someone on my league has proposed. He wants to trade his Pittsburgh defense and Tatem Bell for my Atlanta defense and Rudi Johnson what do you guys think? Do I make this trade?

NO

Hang on to Rudi, Rudi.....and if you have room to pick up Chris Perry Rudi's backup you are set. Although Pittsburgh's D ranks high, the Falcons D is no slouch. And Rudi should get the bulk of the carries in Cinci.

ItalianStallion
09-06-2005, 12:17 AM
Absolutely not. Tatum Bell is the like the third stringer, currently. Rudi is proven.

PurplePeopleEaters
09-06-2005, 12:20 AM
No way. Rudi is a starter and has great upside. He runs very well and had a 1000 yard season if I am not mistaken. Tatem Bell is garbage... plus atlanta's D isn't that bad.

DoraTheExplorer
09-06-2005, 12:20 AM
As long as we're on the subject of Fantasy Teams, I got a question: someone in my league wants to do a straight trade: I have Clinton Portis. He wants to trade LaMont Jordan for him. I'm pretty set at runningback (Rudi Johnson and Cadillac Williams), so I was wondering what you guys think.

PurplePeopleEaters
09-06-2005, 12:22 AM
"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

As long as we're on the subject of Fantasy Teams, I got a question: someone in my league wants to do a straight trade: I have Clinton Portis. He wants to trade LaMont Jordan for him. I'm pretty set at runningback (Rudi Johnson and Cadillac Williams), so I was wondering what you guys think.

No. Don't do it. Those are 3 solid running backs. you are set. :cool:

DoraTheExplorer
09-06-2005, 12:30 AM
I know I'm solid, but I'm so worried that LaMont Jordan is the next big thing. i mean, look at Priest Holmes. 5 seasons in the NFL playing back up. Takes a position in KC just to be a starter. Then he blasts out a huge season, over 1000 yards and blah blah.

SamDawg84
09-06-2005, 12:31 AM
thats true dora.. But dont take the risk.. Oaklands line is pretty sketchy anyway.. And they will be passing alot with all those weapons

fred3105
09-06-2005, 12:36 AM
"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

I know I'm solid, but I'm so worried that LaMont Jordan is the next big thing. i mean, look at Priest Holmes. 5 seasons in the NFL playing back up. Takes a position in KC just to be a starter. Then he blasts out a huge season, over 1000 yards and blah blah.

Priest Holmes didn't have a WR on his team that demanded 15TDs and 100 receptions though.

DoraTheExplorer
09-06-2005, 12:37 AM
Sorry to be all upons y'all for fantasy advise, but what about Curtis Martin for Rudi Johnson? After all, didn't Curtis win the Rushing Title last year?

fred3105
09-06-2005, 12:41 AM
Rudi Johnson runs 2 times a year against Pitsburg and Baltimore. Its a tough choice, but if you think Martin hasn't fallen off I would trade for him. Carson Palmer will also pass more since this is his 2nd year starting.

DoraTheExplorer
09-06-2005, 12:42 AM
gracias

hovan
09-08-2005, 05:38 AM
"DoraTheExplorer" wrote:

It's your team. If you want to take that chance go for it. I mean Portis could have a season ending injury and then you would kick yourself for not pulling the trigger. I don't see how Portis could have a worse season than last year so You know your at least safe with him. Lamont could be a catching and recieving Demon who plays KC's Porus D twice a year or the Raiders could and probably will be playing from behind alot meaning more passes less running.. I would also look at who the raiders and skins play Playoff time. Which running back has the softer schedule. If Lamont is playing KC and Clevland and Portis is playing Philly Carolina, I would probably take Lamont.

Swamination
09-17-2005, 06:19 PM
Should I trade Shaun Alexander for Marvin Harrison while I have Julius Jones,Stephen Jackson, and JJ Arrington in the stable?

snowinapril
09-17-2005, 06:30 PM
NO, you need healthy RBs in your stable.

Arrington?????? Give him a couple of weeks but....??

Jones and Jackson are good but you don't really know how jackson is going to do under martz. I have high expectations for him as long as they don't abandon the run like last week. Martz can't commit to it just like Tice.

Injuries, you can't predict them. You need your 3 mainstay in the stable.

WRs are the easiest pick ups on the waiver wires to contribute to your team. Make sure you don't do a lot of trading so you can stay on the top of your waiver and snag that RB or WR that will rear his head in the next few weeks.

Who are your current WRs??

It is your team, this is only one opinion.

snowinapril
09-17-2005, 06:38 PM
Gangbangers

T. Brady (QB)
J. Delhomme (QB)
Mi. Clayton (WR)
Ro. Williams (WR)
Ro. Smith (WR)
K. McCardell (WR)
S. Alexander (RB)
J. Jones (RB)
S. Jackson (RB)
J. Arrington (RB)
A. Crumpler (TE)
H. Miller (TE)
P. Edinger (K)
Philadelphia (DEF)
Kansas City (DEF)

You don't need Harrison.

Check your bye week on McCardell and Smith? Hopefully you only start 2 WRs.

iluvbigtds
09-17-2005, 07:27 PM
"Swamination" wrote:

Should I trade Shaun Alexander for Marvin Harrison while I have Julius Jones,Stephen Jackson, and JJ Arrington in the stable?

Yeah if you were that desperate for WR help, you're probably better off targeting Wayne or Stokely since they get the ball about the same amount and will most likely cost you less than the 2nd best player in FF.

Swamination
09-18-2005, 03:57 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

Gangbangers

T. Brady (QB)
J. Delhomme (QB)
Mi. Clayton (WR)
Ro. Williams (WR)
Ro. Smith (WR)
K. McCardell (WR)
S. Alexander (RB)
J. Jones (RB)
S. Jackson (RB)
J. Arrington (RB)
A. Crumpler (TE)
H. Miller (TE)
P. Edinger (K)
Philadelphia (DEF)
Kansas City (DEF)

You don't need Harrison.

Check your bye week on McCardell and Smith? Hopefully you only start 2 WRs.

Thanks alot man. McCardell and Smith have different bye weeks, but I made a huge mistake in drafting Delhomme because him and Brady have the same bye. I guess I should trade him, or should i goto waivers for Big Ben or um...Bledsoe...(<-- not so confident in that lol).

SharperVikings
09-25-2005, 02:42 AM
Simple answer

NO NO NO NO NO!!

Lotza
09-25-2005, 04:27 AM
no i definitel wouldn't do it

WBLVikeBabe
09-25-2005, 05:32 AM
Hey thanks to everyone who answered my original post. I ended up not trading and I think I made the right choice.