PDA

View Full Version : Rate the Jackazz's team!

enlvikeman
09-02-2005, 08:27 AM
Let me know what you think guys. 12 team league

1.) Tom Brady
2.) J.P. Losman

3.) Willis Mcgahee
4.) Julius Jones
5.) Frank Gore
6.) Travis Henry

7.) Nate Burleson
8.) Lee Evans
9.) Derrick Mason
10.) Reche Caldwell

11.) Jeremy shockey
12.) Marcus Pollard

13.) Jason Elam
14.) Mike Nugent

15.) Bills defense/Special teams
16.) Cardinal defense/Special teams

Gotta start 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 K 1 Defense

Everyone said I had the best draft and it's my first one.

akvikefan89
09-02-2005, 08:37 AM
Very Nice.

Here is my team (12 person league also) (keeper league)

QB:
Michael Vick
Jake Dellohme

RB:
LaDanian Thomlinson
Carnell Williams
Deshaun Foster
T.J. Duckett

WR:
Tory Holt
Hines Ward
Roy Williams
Keenan Mcardell

TE:
Todd Heap
Heath Miller

K:
David Akers
Mike Nugent

D/ST:
Jets
Redskins

What do you think? I had the first pick and all except for two picks in the first and second round were RB's. So I got LT and then had to wait twenty two picks for my next RB :sad: Oh well, thats part of getting pick #1...
I was still suprised that so many RBs went so early...

Del Rio
09-02-2005, 01:54 PM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

Let me know what you think guys. 12 team league

1.) Tom Brady
2.) J.P. Losman

3.) Willis Mcgahee
4.) Julius Jones
5.) Frank Gore
6.) Travis Henry

7.) Nate Burleson
8.) Lee Evans
9.) Derrick Mason
10.) Reche Caldwell

11.) Jeremy shockey
12.) Marcus Pollard

13.) Jason Elam
14.) Mike Nugent

15.) Bills defense/Special teams
16.) Cardinal defense/Special teams

Gotta start 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 K 1 Defense

Everyone said I had the best draft and it's my first one.

Lee Evens is going to tear it up. I like that roster.

TheAnimal93
09-02-2005, 02:48 PM
Not too bad JA, on a scale of one to ten I would give it an eight. Good qb's but not the top fantasy QB's, Three upper tier RB's, i think all of the WR's will score 7 to 8 or more(nate)TD's, Nugent and Elam should score a lot of points, and the Cards D was pretty good last year.
Not too bad :grin:

JDogg926
09-02-2005, 03:20 PM
Checkout my team, from a 13 team league:

QB: Kerry Collins
Jake Delhomme

RB: Priest Holmes
Fred Taylor
TJ Duckett
Mewelde Moore (guess who I hope starts now)

WR: Joe Horn
Andre Johnson
Antonio Bryant
Matt Jones

TE: Jason Witten
Jim Kleinsasser

K: Phil Dawson
Joe Nedney

DEF: Buffalo
NY Jets

I'm very pleased with the way my draft went. I think I'm strongest at WR. I obviously have some injury concerns at RB, but if Priest Holmes stays healthy, he'll likely be a top 3 fantasy back.

BBQ Platypus
09-02-2005, 03:44 PM
My PP.O fantasy team (Page Division - 8 teams):

QB:
1. Marc Bulger
2. Tom Brady

RB:
1. Corey Dillon
2. Tiki Barber
3. Curtis Martin
4. Cedric Benson (last round, I was crossing my fingers as I made the pick, praying to God that he would get signed)

WR:
Terrell Owens
Darrell Jackson
Laverneaus Coles
Ashley Lelie

TE:
Dallas Clark
Eric Johnson

PK:
Shayne Graham
Ryan Longwell (I can't even decide which one to start)

Def:
Minnesota Vikings!!! :cheers:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

josdin00
09-02-2005, 04:39 PM
enlvikeman - that looks like a pretty good team for a 12 team league. You have good starters at every position, and some solid back-ups.

akvikefan89 - as you pointed out, you may have some trouble with you RBs that aren't named Tomlinson. Other than that, it's looks like a pretty well balanced team. You look like you have a pretty strong WR group. If one of those guys has a couple really good games early in the season, you might be able to get good trade value if you need to go get a stronger #2 RB

JDogg926 - You have Holmes, and not Larry Johnson. That could be a problem, especially since your RB2 is Fragile Fred. Pay close attention to the waiver wire. Also, there are a couple RB battles going on that could provide a quality starter if they'd ever settle on one RB. Cleveland comes to mind, and so does Tennessee. If any of those RBs are available, you migth be able to pick up a solid backup when those teams decided something.

BBQ Platypus - I get the feeling that your team is going to drive you nuts this season, not that you need any help in that department. Dillion should be solid, but I don't think Barber or Martin will match there production from last year, and my be inconsistant for you. Darrell Jackson will be the same way, though I like the Coles pick. Your season is going to depend on who you're playing when your guys are hitting. Good luck.

Okay, now that I've critiqued each team, here's mine, in case anyone wants to take some pot shots back at me.

10 team league
start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def

1. Daunte Culpepper
2. Matt Hasselbeck

3. Jamal Lewis
4. LaMont Jordan
5. Warrick Dunn
6. Willie Parker

7. Nate Burleson
8. Lee Evans
9. Joe Horn
10. Laverneus Coles

11. L. J. Smith
12. Marcus Pollard

13. Matt Stover

14. Jets
15. Bucs

JDogg926
09-02-2005, 05:02 PM
"JDogg926 - You have Holmes, and not Larry Johnson. That could be a problem, especially since your RB2 is Fragile Fred. Pay close attention to the waiver wire. Also, there are a couple RB battles going on that could provide a quality starter if they'd ever settle on one RB. Cleveland comes to mind, and so does Tennessee. If any of those RBs are available, you migth be able to pick up a solid backup when those teams decided something."

Travis Henry, Chris Brown, Rueben Droughns, William Green, and Lee Suggs (all of the Cleveland and Tennessee backs) were all taken in my draft. There's not too much available on the waiver wire at this point. If somehow Fred stays healthy, though, he should be a solid #2. Then I've got Duckett, who doesn't get a lot of yards, but does get TD's, sort of the "Moe Williams" of the Falcons if you will. Plus, if Moore starts, he'll produce both rushing/receiving yards which will help.

JDogg926
09-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Josdin

QB - Culpepper will put up good #'s, Hasselbeck's overrated, as is his coach, IMO, but he'll put up okay #'s if his receivers learn how to catch

RB - I think Jamal Lewis may rush for 2000 yards this season. I don't know why, but I see him having a great year. Lamont Jordan, I don't think will be the 1500 yard back everyone is saying he will, but he's sure to produce something. He'll probably get over 1000. Dunn's okay. Willie Parker, I'm not sold on, but he's only your 4th back so you may not even use him

WR - You are stacked. All four guys are solid and should put up over 1000 yards and multiple TD's.

TE - I don't see Smith or Pollard being a standout guy, but they're both solid middle of the pack TE's. I'd probably start Smith, though.

K - Matt Stover's solid, and a lot of Ravens drives will stall out in FG range. IMO, he's a top 5 to top 10 kicker.

Def - Jets and Bucs are both solid, but I'm not sure how many turnovers they'll produce.

CanadaViking
09-02-2005, 05:51 PM
Waht do you guys think of this team? I had the 11th pick and we started over from scratch this year.
QB- Carson Palmer
QB- Jake Delhomme
RB- Julius Jones
RB- Carnell "Cadillac" Williams
RB-Kevan Balow
RB- Michael Pittman (just in case)
RB- Frank Gore (just in case)
WR- Randy Moss ( my 1st pick)
WR- Larry Fitzgerald
WR- Chris Chambers'
WR- Eric Moulds
TE- Antonio Gates
TE- Ben Troupe
K- Jeff Wilkins
DEF- Bears
DEF- Redskins

I have VERY young backs, guess I'll have to wait and see how they do!!

TheAnimal93
09-02-2005, 06:01 PM
YTD Pts Bye Drafted
Brady, Tom NEP QB - 7 11.02
Culpepper, Daunte MIN QB - 5 1.02
Delhomme, Jake CAR QB - 7 15.02

Brown, Chris TEN RB - 10 10.07
Green, Ahman GBP RB - 6 9.02
McAllister, Deuce NOS RB - 10 2.07
Portis, Clinton WAS RB - 3 3.02

Burleson, Nate MIN WR - 5 5.02
Lelie, Ashley DEN WR - 9 12.07
Moulds, Eric BUF WR - 9 14.07
Muhammad, Muhsin CHI WR - 4 13.02
Wayne, Reggie IND WR - 8 4.07

Heap, Todd BAL TE - 3 6.07

Elam, Jason DEN PK - 9 8.07

Patriots, New England NEP Def - 7 7.02
Redskins, Washington WAS Def

This is my draft on PP.O fantasy football. Not too bad.

CanadaViking
09-02-2005, 06:04 PM
"TheAnimal93" wrote:

YTD Pts Bye Drafted
Brady, Tom NEP QB - 7 11.02
Culpepper, Daunte MIN QB - 5 1.02
Delhomme, Jake CAR QB - 7 15.02

Brown, Chris TEN RB - 10 10.07
Green, Ahman GBP RB - 6 9.02
McAllister, Deuce NOS RB - 10 2.07
Portis, Clinton WAS RB - 3 3.02

Burleson, Nate MIN WR - 5 5.02
Lelie, Ashley DEN WR - 9 12.07
Moulds, Eric BUF WR - 9 14.07
Muhammad, Muhsin CHI WR - 4 13.02
Wayne, Reggie IND WR - 8 4.07

Heap, Todd BAL TE - 3 6.07

Patriots, New England NEP Def - 7 7.02
Redskins, Washington WAS Def

This is my draft on PP.O fantasy football. Not too bad.

Animal, how many teams were in your draft?
You have a great team, it just looks like there were maybe 8 teams or so?
Elam, Jason DEN PK - 9 8.07

brandsp
09-02-2005, 06:09 PM
You should all know who are the good picks, so i'll skip those and point out some worry pts.

Enlvikeman (JJones is going to put up LT #'s this year)
7.) Nate Burleson-awesome pick
8.) Lee Evans-JP Losman scares me, as in this will be a Pitts type offense
9.) Derrick Mason-great WR, but now with Balt's QB- same as above
10.) Reche Caldwell-could be a decent sleeper

AK Vike fan-solid top to bottom, except where you pointed out at RB, but like I did last year, you usually can get a good RB during the season as people go on IR

JDog -if Priest stays healthy and Moore gets the job here, you'll be going for the gold

CanadaViking
09-02-2005, 06:15 PM
JDogg - I really like your receivers, Horn gets TD's and Andre Johnson is top 5 in my opinion, plus Houston has adjusted the playbook to get Andre more space and less double teams!! Also your TE's are solid.

Enlvikeman- I love your tailbacks, receivers are a bit young, but Nate is going to have a MONSTER season, and this is not a biased opinion, I have some pretty on the ball guys in my league and everyone said something positive when Nate was drafted!!

brandsp
09-02-2005, 06:19 PM
Del Rio--you think Lee Evans is going to have a great yr? I hope so I have him on my team, but I'm worried about Losman getting him the ball.

Here's my team- 12 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, K, Def, D player and only 4 bench plyrs

QB- Dante

RB- Curtis Martin, J. Jones
backups -Cadillac, D. Foster

WR-Darrell Jackson, TJ Hous, Larry Fitzgerald
Lee Evans, Keary Colbert

TE- LJ Smith

DEF/Sp Teams: Buf

K -D Akers

D player-J. Peppers

I'm really exicted about Buf as DEF's score a ton in our league (they score almost as good as RB's!!)

I'm trying to trade for Burleson, as I think he'll put up Torry Holt numbers.

What all y'all think?

CanadaViking
09-02-2005, 06:27 PM
"brandsp" wrote:

Del Rio--you think Lee Evans is going to have a great yr? I hope so I have him on my team, but I'm worried about Losman getting him the ball.

Here's my team- 12 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, K, Def, D player and only 4 bench plyrs

QB- Dante

RB- Curtis Martin, J. Jones
backups -Cadillac, D. Foster

WR-Darrell Jackson, TJ Hous, Larry Fitzgerald
Lee Evans, Keary Colbert

TE- LJ Smith

DEF/Sp Teams: Buf

K -D Akers

D player-J. Peppers

I'm really exicted about Buf as DEF's score a ton in our league (they score almost as good as RB's!!)

I'm trying to trade for Burleson, as I think he'll put up Torry Holt numbers.

What all y'all think?

You look to be set at QB and RB, I love 'Juice' Jones (well now I do, after I drafted him), your WR's are little on the sketchy side, however I do believe that with Warriner, Larry Fitz will be a top 15 WR and Lee Evans is good, just a little worried about JP Losman. But like most fantasy leagues you need good runners and your stable looks quite nice. A pretty good team for 12 team league.

TWill19
09-02-2005, 06:33 PM
I might as well post mine...

8 Team League: Offensive and Defensive players and no kicker

QB- Matt Hasselback / Carson Palmer
HB- Julius Jones / Steven Jackson
WR- Randy Moss / Nate Burleson / Lee Evans
TE- Heath Miller / Ben Watson

D/ST- Bills

DL- Kevin Williams / Dwight Freeney
LB- Takeo Spikes / Jonathan Vilma
CB- Dunta Robinson
S- Ed Reed / Roy Williams

It looks like I am stuck with this roster pretty much.

Players on my watch that I might pick up:
Braylon Edwards, Troy Williamson, Terrell Suggs, and maybe, just maybe Eli Manning

VKG4LFE
09-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Good teams guys! Here's my gf's team. I don't play fantasy cuz I just can't cheer for guys that play the vikes!!

She plays in a ten team league and she picked 10th.

QB
Matt Hasselbeck
Jeff Garcia

RB
Deuce McCallister
Jamal Lewis
Ahman Green (She's a packer fan in case you didn't know)
Fred Taylor

WR
Nate Burleson
Brandon Stokely

TE
LJ Smith
Jeb Putzier

K
Mike Vanderjagt

Def
Baltimore

She plays 1 QB 1 RB 1 WR 2 additional WR or RB 1 TE, 1 K and 1 D

I think she did pretty darn good considering the 10th pick out of 10!

VikesRGreat
09-02-2005, 07:51 PM
I had the 3rd overall pick 10 man league. Not a keepers league.

1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 K 1 D/ST 7 man bench

1) Jake Delhomme
2) Jake Plummer

1) Priest Holmes
2) Lamont Jordan
3) Mike Anderson
4) Eric Shelton

1) Torry Holt
2) Hines Ward
3) Larry Fitz
4) Lee Evans
5) Tyrone Calico
6) Troy Williamson (got him with my last pick in the draft)

1) Jason Witten

1) Matt Stover

1) Buffalo
2) Tennesse

I want to know if I should offer Calico and Fitz for Burleson. Also I want to know if I should start Mike Anderson who is playing Miami, or Lamont Jordan who is playing New England. And last grade my team!

CanadaViking
09-02-2005, 08:16 PM
VikesRGreat, your team is going to hang in the balance until the season opener, because until then you have no idea how Priest will be playing, what I mean is he has not had a productive pre-season. Not having a productive pre-season does not = a bad season, rather it just creates some uncertainties. If Priest is Priest you have a pretty good roster, unfortunately your season will be determined by Priest's output!

As far as Lamont or Mike, I would say go with Lamont even though the Pats D has been good, it will not be a sgood as years past and with Randy opening up lanes everywhere, I would give the nod to Lamont. I also am not sold on Mike Anderson, Denver and running backs, for some reason it just makes me mad, I think Shanny just likes to screw with fantasy owners.

As for the trade, how many WR's does your league start? If you start 3 WR's, I would consider it, however how much are you going to improve team by losing Fitz? I would hold tight I believe that LArry Fitzgerald is a stud, that will only get better with Boldin back for the whole year and a good passer distributing the ball!

I wouldn't worry about WR's your okay there, but you are sketchy at QB and RB, so maybe look for a deal to shore up your running game. If fason isn't drafted in your league, look to pick him up, as once everyone else gets hurt or more hurt this guy will step in and be the future (a bit of opinion).

All in all i'll give you a B to a B+, you have a good team, but I have nothing to compare it to, you may have the best team in your league for all I know. Good luck in the upcoming season.

Cheers!!

Del Rio
09-02-2005, 08:31 PM
Lee has knack for getting the ball. I expect you will get some good numbers out of him.

JDogg926
09-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Man, I love fantasy football. It gives us something extra to talk about for the first couple weeks before the actual season starts.

CanadaViking
09-02-2005, 08:39 PM
I am also in an 8 team league with PAVikes, this is how it went.
QB-Tom Brady
QB- Carson Palmer
RB- Corey Dillon
RB- Edgerrin James
RB- Lamont Jordan
RB- Rudi Johnson
WR- Chad Johnson
WR- Andre Johnson
WR- Larry Fitzgerald
WR- Mike Williams
TE- Todd Heap
K- Mike Nugent (because Tice didn't)
K- Nate KAeding
DEF- Washington
DEF- Minnesota (this is the only piece of purple on either of my teams)

It was only an 8 team draft, so everyone has got talented teams, but does everyone else have that many Johnsons on their team?

Cheers!!

ShanePurpleBlood
09-02-2005, 08:49 PM
I have am in a 10 man. Not a keeper. I got the 5th pick.
1-QB 2-RB 3-WR 1-TE 1-K 1-DEF

QB K. Collins
QB D. Bledsoe
RB S. Alexander
RB L. Jordan
RB C. Williams
RB F. Taylor
WR C. Johnson
WR N. "The Great" Burleson-purple love
WR L. Coles
WR B. Edwards
WR T. Williamson-purple love