PDA

View Full Version : Johnson makes strong impression on Vikings

Muggsy
09-01-2005, 07:26 PM
Good article on Marcus Johnson. We could use some good news on the offensive line, right?

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/12529084.htm

ShanePurpleBlood
09-01-2005, 07:53 PM
Good read! I was excited when we drafted him, and people kept saying he should have gone higher. Tice was saying he was the best OL in the draft. I am glad that he is doing good enough to start. Goldberg made too many mental mistakes, good to have him backing instead of starting.

It was also nice to see something about his family, instead of Favretard or Walker. Even without Birk I think we can win it all!

cajunvike
09-01-2005, 09:26 PM
I am stoked that big MJ will be starting...he wil be the man at RG for the next 10 seasons!!!

On a side note, did anyone notice that his brother got cut from the Bengals? Maybe we should grab him and stick him on the practice squad!

canadian_vikes_fan
09-01-2005, 09:27 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

I am stoked that big MJ will be starting...he wil be the man at RG for the next 10 seasons!!!

On a side note, did anyone notice that his brother got cut from the Bengals? Maybe we should grab him and stick him on the practice squad!Who's his brother????? Chad Johnson??? :lol: I'd sign him up!

pigskinronin
09-01-2005, 10:06 PM
Good move by the Vikes! The guy will be real good for us this year.

Just out of curiousity... on the first possession of the game the Vikings drive ended with a sack --- one of our lineman got blasted on that play... driven backwards 5 or 6 steps at the snap of the ball. Was that Johnson?

PurplePeopleEaters
09-01-2005, 11:12 PM
"Ray Richardson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press" wrote:

Tice might be on to something when he said before training camp that Johnson is the "best young lineman we've brought in since Birk (sixth-round pick in 1998)."

That sounds good to me! The fact that he is so good as a rookie that he has avoided hazing impressed me. He looks like the future of our o-lin from what they are saying. The more I think about it, the better our o-line looks even without Birk. Look... we have McKinnie who should be really good for us, Rosy who should be solid if healthy, Lewienski who is very good when avoiding penalties, and Johnson who may be our new SOD.