PDA

View Full Version : Napolean Harris sucks right?



Big C
08-31-2005, 09:12 PM
OK, I want to give this guy a fair chance, but seriously I think he sucks (as in we have better LBs than him). In the San Diego game, other than the sack on Brees, I don't think he had a single other tackle. If you recorded the San Diego game, watch the first series of the 2nd half again. This is the SD 3rd stringers taking on our defensive starters. They have 2 rushing plays to the left for big gains. Why? Number 58 (Harris) over-pursues the RB on BOTH plays. As usual Henderson cleans up :grin: He was also responsible for covering the TE on 3rd and long in the Charges 1st drive of the game. That play cost us around 20 yards or more.

I have seen Cowart actually tackle a few people but absolute ZIP from Harris. Over THREE pre-season games. Harris maybe better than Newman but is he really better than Thomas or Smith? If the experiment worked with EJ I don't see why it would hurt to even try Tomas or Smith at strong LB.

I think the only reason this guy is in the starting line-up is because he was the player we got from the Moss trade. I think the Vikings don't want admit that they traded the best reciever in the NFL for a player that's not even good enough to start.

Lotza
08-31-2005, 09:24 PM
hey big c calm down! Napolean is good. give him more than two series in a PREASESON games before you say that he sucks. that is just not fair. i think you'll be suprised about how good he;ll turn out to be.

WinonaVike
08-31-2005, 09:41 PM
I have to agree with Lotza, we havent seen Napo play in the regular season yet, and from what ive heard and read the coaches appear to be very high on him. Besides, you mentioned Henderson and he didnt exactly sparkle last year in the regular season. We must remember its preseason, a lot of people shine who wont do anything, and theres others who struggle that are premier players in this league.

Mr. Purple
08-31-2005, 09:48 PM
ITS PRESEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSONNNNNNNNN!!!!! nuff said, hes good

Del Rio
08-31-2005, 09:54 PM
I haven't been impressed by either Cowart or Harris.

I think the coaching may be holding something back (I hope) That and I really thing you need to give the guys a few games that count to fight together.

There is no doubt they have the physical ability to be good, they may need some time to feel comfortable.

Mr. Purple
08-31-2005, 09:57 PM
You just gotta keep in mind, why would these guys come out and give thier all and play hard if preseason amounts to nothing. They are good, thier proven players...bring this thread back up if for some reason our defense sucks again this year...then we can judge them..but for now..be prepared to have a great year:)

snowinapril
08-31-2005, 09:58 PM
The sack was impressive though!

Mr. Purple
08-31-2005, 10:00 PM
Hell ya that sack was some "Jacked up" ish!

Del Rio
08-31-2005, 10:02 PM
Of course the preseason is meaningless only when it sheds bad light our way. If another team does bad during a preseason game it's a sign of the impending doom heading towards that team.

fred3105
08-31-2005, 10:06 PM
That sack was a blown asignment making it nothing impressive since even I could do that.

We should of got Charles Woodson instead of Harris. :razz:

whackthepack
08-31-2005, 10:27 PM
I am not joining this argument as I have another one going and I will probably be banned.

I just want to point out that he is coming into a new system and has a lot to learn, maybe he will be OK and maybe he will not but give him a regular season game at least before we bench him!

kyleo1967
08-31-2005, 10:45 PM
I read where the vikes are keeping there D very vanilla during the pre season and once the season starts we will be blitzing the sh*t outta qb's. Hence Nap and his tremendous spped as a LB.. I say wait and see

DarrinNelsonguy
08-31-2005, 10:51 PM
He and the other new guys on this team need time to jell and learn what to expect out of each other for any given play. Give them a break it will take some time.

Del Rio
08-31-2005, 11:14 PM
Wow this thread isn't locked?

Sweet.

Nap will be fine no matter what.

If he sucks now it's preseason. If he does suck at the begining of the year it will be he needs time to gel, if he sucks all year we can blame Cottrell. :grin:

Seriously though the guy will do us good.

PurplePeopleEaters
08-31-2005, 11:17 PM
Napo is the man. He will be good. Give him some time to gel with the rest of our D.

VikingsTw
09-01-2005, 12:05 AM
Yeah i think he's gonna be a beast, just my opinion from the beginning, i rember him coming out of college, i liked him so did the vikings coaching staff. I'm not judging anything from any preseason games as far as the defense is concerned, i'll start making that judgement when the games start to count.

Big C
09-01-2005, 12:44 AM
I heed all your advice. Mr. Harris shall be judged by Big C again around game 9 of the regular season. Hope that he will make me feel like an idiot for even making this post (like one of the good old Dante vs Frerotte posts back in 2003 :grin: ). Thanks!

Webby
09-01-2005, 01:20 AM
I like Nap. I really hope he pulls the weight, nor just because he was trade bait for Moss, but because we really need him to pull through for us. He's another guy, looks good, has potential...Cottrell in my mind is up on the block now. Can he make his unit run>!

happy camper
09-01-2005, 01:25 AM
when you analyze a linebackers stats, you gotta be careful.

you say he has no tackles. well, maybe his job has been to cover the TE and he hasnt let the tight end get open therefore he has no tackles because the tight end never got the ball.

with that being said, i dont know what Nap Harris role has been. its entirely possible that he hasnt had any tackles and he sucks. i dont know, havent been watching him that closely. just trying to inform another possible scenario.

hovan
09-01-2005, 03:32 AM
[quote="Del Rio"]I haven't been impressed by either Cowart or Harris.

I think the coaching may be holding something back quote]

I think that same thought every year

BBQ Platypus
09-01-2005, 03:45 AM
I personally think he's a beast. But even if he weren't, who would you put in instead? Keith Newman? Donterrious Thomas? I don't want a near-repeat of last year's LB lineup. Mike Singletary couldn't coach those guys to be starters. Newman sucks, & Thomas isn't ready yet. We don't want to go with either of them.

magicci
09-01-2005, 04:18 AM
Napoleon will pull through. just watch, soon a lot of you will be buying the number 58 jerseys.

Mr Anderson
09-01-2005, 04:32 AM
He is an unbelievable athlete, with great size and strength
6'2 255, 4.55 40 yard dash, 34 inch vertical, benches 450, and he hits like a mack truck. He just needs to get used to the system and he will be fine. But it there is one guy on our team who we should really be blitzing, a lot, it is Napoleon.... I do it in Madden all the time and it always works :lol:

PurplePackerEater
09-01-2005, 04:32 AM
"fred3105" wrote:

That sack was a blown asignment making it nothing impressive since even I could do that.

We should of got Charles Woodson instead of Harris. :razz:

I agree with this post! :razz:

There were many LBs in FA this year, surely we could have snagged one. :wink:

SamDawg84
09-01-2005, 04:44 AM
yeha he is a great football player...

GreenBaySlackers
09-01-2005, 04:50 AM
"Mr Anderson" wrote:

He is an unbelievable athlete, with great size and strength
6'2 255, 4.55 40 yard dash, 34 inch vertical, benches 450, and he hits like a mack truck. He just needs to get used to the system and he will be fine. But it there is one guy on our team who we should really be blitzing, a lot, it is Napoleon.... I do it in Madden all the time and it always works :lol:

wurd

PurplePeopleEaters
09-01-2005, 05:32 AM
"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

"Mr Anderson" wrote:

He is an unbelievable athlete, with great size and strength
6'2 255, 4.55 40 yard dash, 34 inch vertical, benches 450, and he hits like a mack truck. He just needs to get used to the system and he will be fine. But it there is one guy on our team who we should really be blitzing, a lot, it is Napoleon.... I do it in Madden all the time and it always works :lol:

wurd

double wurd. :twisted:

magicci
09-01-2005, 07:37 AM
Napoleon looks like a FB.

mnjamie
09-01-2005, 08:02 AM
It's a WHOLE different game once 9-11-05' comes around. They are only running base packages, but is of some concern we dont hear Nappo's name much ... let it all play out then rip them ... lol

audioghost
09-01-2005, 09:22 AM
All I gotta say is his sack vs. the Chargers was INSANE....he straight up jacked Drew Brees! Nappy is O.K. with me.....

PBDragon
09-01-2005, 09:48 AM
"magicci" wrote:

Napoleon will pull through. just watch, soon a lot of you will be buying the number 58 jerseys.

Thanks, but I bought my Napo Harris jersey last week at the Vikings Locker Room in MOA. Of course it really helps that we share the same last name, and I didn't want to fork out the dough for a custom jersey! LOL

I think once the season starts the whole defence will be flying around hitting everthing not wearing purple and gold. These guys are veterans, and they don't want to go out for a season, let alone a week, because they pulled/tweaked/strained/jammed/broke something trying to sack a third string QB who will probably never play a single snap in a real game. Napo's job is safe, if it weren't, he'd be giving it 100% in the preseason. That's why these guys you've never heard of look like studs on the field! They need a job! And if they don't go all out, they won't make the team at all!

Just my 2 cents.

hawaiianvike21
09-01-2005, 11:39 AM
"kyleo1967" wrote:

I read where the vikes are keeping there D very vanilla during the pre season and once the season starts we will be blitzing the sh*t outta qb's. Hence Nap and his tremendous spped as a LB.. I say wait and see

What he said.

we arent going to reveal our true defensive schemes to the opponents so early. I think hes struggled because of just how vanilla the defense we are using for the preseason and how hes not used to it but a different defensive scheme.

we'll just have to give him time like williamson, james, johnson, etc before we can just call them busts. For all we know and hope doesnt happen, williamson could be a bust using your theory.

Mark_The_Viking
09-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Sorry to join this late but....


The D is revamped, we aren't going to show everyone what we can do yet because A. it's pre season and B. we don't want the opposition seeing how good our D is going to be.

It may take 3 or 4 games for them to start becoming the 21st centure people eaters but I believe they will be one of the best around .

Prophet
09-01-2005, 02:53 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Of course the preseason is meaningless only when it sheds bad light our way. If another team does bad during a preseason game it's a sign of the impending doom heading towards that team.

LMAO, exactly!!

PAvikesfan
09-01-2005, 04:16 PM
i am really not too concerned with Napo...he will explode with the rest of our D, except Bwill maybe, and we will be very happy with our D when he hit the NFC Championship game.

VKG4LFE
09-01-2005, 11:17 PM
As long as our linebackers don't look absolutely lost this year, then I'll be happy!

hic-agvike77
09-02-2005, 12:57 AM
It's only pre-season, he's on a new team....like almost everyone else has said already just give it some time. Atleast there's noway the LB's can be any worse than last year:)

audioghost
09-02-2005, 03:32 AM
Did anyone else see Napoleon's sack last Friday!? Napoleon layed out a HIT!!! Anyone who missed it missed out! It was MY play of the week...

natethegreat
09-02-2005, 05:57 AM
i saw it and brees got JACKED UP, man that was sweet, but although i would like to see napo and the whole d playing better, it is still preseason and its going to take time for them to gel so i think napo will come around early and have a great year