PDA

View Full Version : SMOOT HURT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!



Jordan
08-31-2005, 02:19 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/08/30/bc.fbn.vikings.smoot.ap/index.html

Yes Fred smoot jammed his already sore right knee in practice. HE'S OUut FOR FRIDAY'S GAME AGAINST SEATTLE.

magicci
08-31-2005, 02:24 AM
man this sucks. he needs to get playin time with our 1's we need him to get some chemistry. so who is taking his place williams or brown?

PurplePackerEater
08-31-2005, 02:25 AM
The guy is an injury waiting to happen.

Was he this injury prone before or could it be the turf we have?

Vikefan05
08-31-2005, 02:31 AM
wtf.... i'm guessing it may have something to do with the turf. lots of of leg/ ankle injuries this year

magicci
08-31-2005, 02:31 AM
but he has only played one game on the turf. it cant be the turf.

ultravikingfan
08-31-2005, 02:33 AM
Better to sit that game than the opener!

Vikefan05
08-31-2005, 02:37 AM
hmm.. good point. The article said he ran into a "slope that sits on the edge of the Vikings' practice field."

nice.

cajunvike
08-31-2005, 02:46 AM
Smoot needs to quit screwing around and get healthy...he was probably clowning around or doing something he wasn't supposed to! C'mon Smoot...we need you to be healthy this year...we already lost Birk for the balance of the season. It's starting to feel like last year again with Rosey and K40 getting hurt...boy, I hope we don't have to deal with that again! Let the Pats and the Iggles deal with that kind of crap this year!!!

Lotza
08-31-2005, 02:59 AM
smot will be fine by the reg season.

Ltrey33
08-31-2005, 03:14 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Smoot needs to quit screwing around and get healthy...he was probably clowning around or doing something he wasn't supposed to! C'mon Smoot...we need you to be healthy this year...we already lost Birk for the balance of the season. It's starting to feel like last year again with Rosey and K40 getting hurt...boy, I hope we don't have to deal with that again! Let the Pats and the Iggles deal with that kind of crap this year!!!

Exactly. The injury bug bit us last year, and now it's time for it to go somehwere else damnit!

magicci
08-31-2005, 03:41 AM
its the damn humidity that keeps that stupid bug around.

TWill19
08-31-2005, 03:50 AM
We wont win with Brian Williams...Gallishaw is better than him. Smoot c'mon.

akvikefan89
08-31-2005, 03:54 AM
Let's just hope it's something that doesn't linger all season. Winfield was injured last year too. Once he starts playing more hopefully the leg will get stronger and stop bothering him.

V4L
08-31-2005, 04:01 AM
I hope this isn't too severe and he will be back by week 1 to kick the shit outta them Bucs!

michaelmazid
08-31-2005, 06:11 AM
man, i got bad feeling abou this guy.

Lotza
08-31-2005, 06:17 AM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

man, i got bad feeling abou this guy.i don't yet

canadian_vikes_fan
08-31-2005, 06:18 AM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

man, i got bad feeling abou this guy.Calm down. Players always sit out exhibition games because they don't matter. Smoot isn't an injury to happen, but exhibition games are. In his career, Smoot has only missed one or two games, so I wouldn't worry about him. I am happier with him sitting out and then returning 100% in the regular season when it actually counts than aggravating whatever mild problem he has now. If Friday was a real game, I'd bet you Smoot Bennett and Moore would all be playing.

xlb57
08-31-2005, 08:31 AM
Hearing about that "slope" on the practice field is not encouraging. In high school football I tore my ACL playing on a field that was uneven. Could be some correlation there. In any case, I hope he heals up quickly and gets out there with the starters soon.

Del Rio
08-31-2005, 03:04 PM
Smoot needs to get some extra pads or something. I get the impression he is kind of a puss. Talks a lot of talk and will end up hurting himself bringing the groceries in.

Then when he does get hurt he freaks out. What do you expect from people that refer to themselves in the third person.

VKG4LFE
08-31-2005, 04:03 PM
Wonderful!

whackthepack
08-31-2005, 04:11 PM
It scares me because they always say it's something minor and then 3 weeks later they are having surgery and out for a month or month and a half!

If it was an ankle sprain it just needs time, but when it is a knee it worries me.

CanadaViking
08-31-2005, 04:18 PM
First of all, the last pre-season game is not to showcase the starters!!!!! If this were week 1, I believe Smoot plays!! This is all precautionary so all you doubters can chill out and wait for the season opener, he'll be there.

ANother thing that is quite annoying about some of the guys on here is when Smoot talks trash almost everyone on here thinks that Smoot is the second coming of Jesus in our Defense and then when he gets a little hurt and misses a useless pre-season game people are calling him a wimp. Come on people, let's wait until after the first REGULAR season game to pass judgement.

Best quote ever by Daunte " I tell the guys that I feel like a Jedi Warrior, everything just slows down for me"


Cheers

Del Rio
08-31-2005, 04:30 PM
I know the guy is not a saving grace. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one saying he is a wimp. I am sure the majority of the fans agree with you that getting hurt over and over again in the preseason is not an indicator of his............hmm.

This is my only feelings on it. He get's hurt almost every year. He still plays. So as far as him missing games he might miss one if the injury isn't that bad. I remember watching that Smoot Video and thinking who taught this clown how to tackle. He was throwing his body around. I just don't think he is a physical player.

I'm glad he's here, I know he will be a much needed improvement on the defense.

He's not off to a very pretty start. Once the pads went on he missed almost every single practice. I imagine we will see just how goo dthe guy is pretty soon.

ShanePurpleBlood
08-31-2005, 04:59 PM
Smoot will be fine and get many int's this year. It's only preseason. He would play if it was reg. season. He will make a difference against the bucs.

PAvikesfan
08-31-2005, 08:40 PM
smoot and bennet must be drinking the same water...

i hope smoot is healthy for the regualr season!

Mr. Purple
08-31-2005, 08:53 PM
god i didnt even wanna read this post....man...i hope he can get healthy...otherwise....brian williams will not help our quest for the bowl:/

akvikefan89
09-01-2005, 03:12 AM
From Star Tribune:

Smoot, meanwhile, aggravated his sore right knee when he went from running on flat ground to the ascending berm behind one of the end zones during a red-zone drill in Monday's practice. He will return to practice

"He's fine, he could go today," Tice said. "I just don't think that it makes sense based on the amount of time those guys are going to get [Friday]. Why not just shut it down till Monday?"

No worry's. He'll be out there tearing it up against Tampa...

LuckyVike
09-01-2005, 03:18 AM
"akvikefan89" wrote:

From Star Tribune:

Smoot, meanwhile, aggravated his sore right knee when he went from running on flat ground to the ascending berm behind one of the end zones during a red-zone drill in Monday's practice. He will return to practice

"He's fine, he could go today," Tice said. "I just don't think that it makes sense based on the amount of time those guys are going to get [Friday]. Why not just shut it down till Monday?"

No worry's. He'll be out there tearing it up against Tampa...

Good to hear!

Mr Anderson
09-01-2005, 03:20 AM
We might just have to wait and see if he even shows up at the game, he might not really be hurt, just not able to go to the game and doesnt want to discuss why with the media.

A sore knee is nothing really, and I say, as long as he practices next week and is there for the opener, to hell with the preseason, it will be fine.

BBQ Platypus
09-01-2005, 03:50 AM
"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

man, i got bad feeling abou this guy.Calm down. Players always sit out exhibition games because they don't matter. Smoot isn't an injury to happen, but exhibition games are. In his career, Smoot has only missed one or two games, so I wouldn't worry about him. I am happier with him sitting out and then returning 100% in the regular season when it actually counts than aggravating whatever mild problem he has now. If Friday was a real game, I'd bet you Smoot Bennett and Moore would all be playing.

Good point. Although I'm disappointed that he won't get a chance to play and get acquainted with the other DB's, when I remember what happened to Michael Vick, I wonder if it's really worth the risk.

magicci
09-01-2005, 04:07 AM
i bet if this was a regular season game smoot would be in there. and so would bennett.