PDA

View Full Version : Detroit = 2 Viking wins

CanuckVike
08-30-2005, 05:06 AM
Anyone watching the Lions and the Rams tonight?...I know it's only pre season...but you'd think there'd be SOME improvement for a team! The Lions stink! What is it with them? I thought they were the team to watch out for in the division this year? Mariucci? I don't think he's all that good as a coach now...especially after that poor performance last year against us! I know we have our problems, but sheesh!...those ugly Lions! I haven't watched many Lions games other than when they play the Vikes, but Harrington is not even in the same solar system as Culpepper, or even B. Johnson for that matter! I glad they're in our division 'cause it should be 2 wins!

DeathtoDenny
08-30-2005, 05:11 AM
Yeah, Harrington was garbage, their O line stinks, their defense allowed 270 yards in the first half and the Rams aren't that great. Unless we figure out how to win in Chicago again, our divisional record will probably be 5-1.

Mr. Purple
08-30-2005, 05:12 AM
Harrington looks like trash tonight, thier defense looks like trash, hell so does the rest of thier offenese. its preseason, but...BUT...these are starters playing....and you would think it was 3rd string the way st louis is running and throwing all over them.

Skoal_Vikings
08-30-2005, 05:15 AM
man who saw kevin jones get trucked by claiborne on that blitz? jones came up and tried to block him and got put down. but yeah the lions havent looked great tonight, we should bbe able to handle them thos season.

Mr. Purple
08-30-2005, 05:19 AM
I missed the play where the Ram defender got hurt...what happened and any news on him??

Skoal_Vikings
08-30-2005, 05:21 AM
he dove for jones' legs, hes had his head down and jones' thigh smacked him right on the top of the head. he was shaking a little while he was on the ground. they said bruised spinal cord.

SJHILL
08-30-2005, 06:15 AM
"Skoal_Vikings" wrote:

he dove for jones' legs, hes had his head down.

Which is the first they they teach you NOT to do when you start tackle football.

DemonicViking
08-30-2005, 06:21 AM
Garcia ain't looking all that good neither. Is there a curse in Detroit where who ever is playing QB.. cannot exactly QB?

I'd say after the Lions performance tonight, those pop warner squads they showed during halftime could lay the smack down on the Lions.. one of those squads had a pretty ferocious defense..!

ItalianStallion
08-30-2005, 06:35 AM
Madden made the old "well the vikings don't have Moss anymore, so they can't be better this year" comment again. hilarious.

Del Rio
08-30-2005, 03:27 PM
We barely by a gift of god beat them twice last year. Both wins were too damn close. Preseason is preseason.

No one gives a shit that the lions lost to the Rams, no one cares that the Packers lost to the defending world champions who would have probably been quite content to lose all the preseason games were it not being dry humped by the media.

The Lions didn't come out ready for that game, and frankly why should they? If you think that when the season rolls around they are still going to be dragging azz on the carpet you are very mistaken.

Vikes
08-30-2005, 03:31 PM
The Lions have a lot of work ahead of them. Their GM is the problem he sucks. Good for us bad for the Lions fans.

6-KINGS
08-30-2005, 04:41 PM
What did you guys think of their uni changes?
Kinda looked like the Panthers out there.

JDogg926
08-30-2005, 04:55 PM
Preseason is preseason.

The Lions are due to beat the Vikings, Minnesota has won like 8 in a row. They'll be better as their season rolls on, but I think they'll take one from us in Detroit, in Minnesota however, I think we'll blow them out.

Del Rio
08-30-2005, 04:56 PM
They bugged the hell out of me.

The one thing I did see that was great was #24 in like the third quarter laid a block on a blitzing corner that was just amazing. It was on the play that Garcia had the ball knocked out of his hands.

SamDawg84
08-30-2005, 05:12 PM
the guy who got injered was terry fair! for some reason i always get him on madden games..........

snowinapril
08-30-2005, 05:30 PM
"Skoal_Vikings" wrote:

man who saw kevin jones get trucked by claiborne on that blitz? jones came up and tried to block him and got put down. but yeah the lions havent looked great tonight, we should bbe able to handle them thos season.

I was just going to post this. Man that was awesome. Jones just crumpled. Jones was trying to set up and stand his ground but Claiborne got to his spot faster than Jones could and just leveled him. Then the Lions fans had to boo him (Claiborne).

I wouldn't go saying they are going to be gimmies but it does look like they are not as good as they should be. They lack D. I think their O still has a chance to get on the right page.

PAvikesfan
08-30-2005, 05:46 PM
it is not so much that they lost badly in preseason, but it is the look on Mariucci's face the whole game.. He looked like he had no idea what to do and that the walls were caving in on him. that is why i think the lions are in for a bad year at this point. the lions may get their shite together and give us a problem in one of the games but i don't them being much better the bears...which means they won't be much worst than the pack.

Del Rio
08-30-2005, 06:01 PM
Man if you go off the look on a coaches face we are in big trouble lol. JK

southern_yankee
08-30-2005, 06:02 PM
I hate to be a spoil-sport, but I watched the vikings' game against the jets...it wasn't pretty either. Preseason is usually more of a reflection on the coaching stance on it. Green took it very seriously and tried to win. The Patsies didn't last year, but obviously were the best team in the nfl (the whole superbowl thingie). I love the vikings, but I do know them...we cannot take anything for granted...even beating the lowly lions.

PAvikesfan
08-30-2005, 06:10 PM
you can tell alot by the look on coaches and players faces... when the vikes lost three in a row last year and the year before, we knew the vikes were having trouble when their hands were on the faces and lokking dejected...they continued to have trouble for the second half of both seasons... it is not a science or anything but you can decern how a team is feeling as a whole at any given time by looking at their reactions to failure and it can help predict the near future of an organization, especially when the team's mood isn't that strong to begin with.

now, i am done talking about (new made-up term) facial astrology of teams, because i am realizing that is basicly what it is. haha.

pigskinronin
08-30-2005, 06:50 PM
I smiled to myself as I watched the Lions punting squad come on the field over and over again. When the season starts - they should leave Harrington in even if he plays like garbage. Their season will be completely over if Garcia gets the start.

The one thing that made that smile go away was watching Kevin Jones and S. Jackson because I started thinking about our own running back corp.... we need a complete running back.

V4L
08-30-2005, 08:27 PM
I think it is time to bench Harrington.. Give Garcia the nod and if he fails too then Harrington can step back in.. Im still a little worried about the Lions though it's just preseason fellas!

pigskinronin
08-30-2005, 08:41 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

I think it is time to bench Harrington.. Give Garcia the nod and if he fails too then Harrington can step back in.. Im still a little worried about the Lions though it's just preseason fellas!

I agree that Harrington should be benched, but garcia doesn't give them much of an option:

Harrington: 92 QB rating, 69.7% completion, 0 TDs 0 INTs
Garcia : 40.8 QB rating, 54% completion, 1 TD 3 INTs

V4L
08-30-2005, 08:45 PM
"pigskinronin" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

I agree that Harrington should be benched, but garcia doesn't give them much of an option:

Harrington: 92 QB rating, 69.7% completion, 0 TDs 0 INTs
Garcia : 40.8 QB rating, 54% completion, 1 TD 3 INTs

Yah I haven't watched much of the Lions so I didn't know Garcia was that bad.. Hey atleast Harrington hasn't thrown a pick! Completing 70 percent of his passes too.. He gets pressured too much also so that doesn't help

Del Rio
08-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Their offensive line is pretty pathetic. I am not sure it matters who they put back there. I would leave Harington for now. Jeff makes some seriously ill decisions when being rushed like that.

pigskinronin
08-30-2005, 09:10 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Yah I haven't watched much of the Lions so I didn't know Garcia was that bad.. Hey atleast Harrington hasn't thrown a pick! Completing 70 percent of his passes too.. He gets pressured too much also so that doesn't help

The sad part is Garcia put up those stats against 2nd and 3rd team defenses.

I love Detroits' o-line! The Vikings will have a field day when they play them.

midgensa
08-30-2005, 09:49 PM
I think Harrington has what it takes to make it and think that the Lions will be pleasantly surprised with him this year. He still does not throw the deep ball well though and that line is terrible. Plus, they still have a lot to do on defense. 8-8 at best in Mo-Town this year ... with two losses to the Vikes.