PDA

View Full Version : fason possible to start final preseason game

fourdoorchevelle
08-30-2005, 01:17 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vikingsinjuries&prov=ap&type=lgns

seems like there will be no memo or bennett , against seattle.

hopefully fason is healthy , i would like to see him in there.

cajunvike
08-30-2005, 01:18 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing him rip it up with the FIRST TEAM!!!

muchluv4smoot
08-30-2005, 01:32 AM
"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:

I'd rather see us rest fason too. We seem to always have a problem keeping our RB's healthy, and I don't want to risk him reinjuring his ankle in a pointless game. It's not like this game means much. Our starters will play 1 or 2 series only.

ultravikingfan
08-30-2005, 01:35 AM
Lets just hope our guys are healthy by the Tampa game! Especially Memo!

midgensa
08-30-2005, 01:35 AM
I would love to see Fason out there if he is ready to go, but no reason to force him back early just to watch him go down harder. He has already shown he is ready to jump in there and play when and if needed.

magicci
08-30-2005, 01:40 AM
i want him to play but not if he is not ready. but if hes healthy put him in there i wanna see him tear it up with our 1's

FuadFan
08-30-2005, 02:09 AM
It would be very interesting to see Fason out on first string if he is healthy. Also I was wondering if they would keep Dustin Fox around and I guess they will though I'd think he'd be healthy soon and not be eligible to be on the IR.

UkViking
08-30-2005, 09:28 PM
Lets hope we have a trio of FIT RB,s ready for the Bucs.

canadian_vikes_fan
08-30-2005, 09:33 PM
I would be happy to see him out there. This guy looks exciting so far, but we've only really seen him play against 4th stringers. I think this could be really interesting to see what he can do against the big boys.

JDogg926
08-30-2005, 09:49 PM
Very interested in seeing how he does against a first team defense, however I doubt he'll get that chance in a game that counts. I don't see him rushing for more than 3-4 yds / attempt, unless he breaks a big one.

whackthepack
08-30-2005, 09:49 PM
"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:

It was in the paper yesterday that both Bennett and Memo are out for the Seattle game, that Bennett would be ready for the opener, not sure on Memo.

Jviking
08-30-2005, 09:59 PM
The last thing we need is Fason to get hurt too... We all know that if Bennett is ready for the opener there is a strong chance that he wont be abloe to play in game number 2. he coulod get hurt walking on the field. i would love to see Fason, but I woulod rather see it when it counts.

Prophet
08-30-2005, 10:03 PM
I would give Butchie all the carries in this game. Time to think about burying Tampa.

Mr. Purple
08-30-2005, 10:06 PM
I say give him limited carries just so he can get his feet wet again, then run butchie at em. I wanna keep our main 3 guys healthy. Cuz im sure as most of you kno, i love fason and think hes our future...so i dont want any small naggin injuries that plague his career here.

DarrinNelsonguy
08-30-2005, 11:27 PM
I really like Fason and would love to seem him with the ones in Seattle but I want to see more of Echimondu because he has looked great so far and I want to see what he can do against top talent.

ShanePurpleBlood
09-01-2005, 12:31 AM
I think it will be good to get Fason some reps friday. Here is another article.

Read:

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story.asp?id=134951

TWill19
09-01-2005, 12:48 AM
"JDogg926" wrote:

Very interested in seeing how he does against a first team defense, however I doubt he'll get that chance in a game that counts. I don't see him rushing for more than 3-4 yds / attempt, unless he breaks a big one.

I disagree with the last statement. He is our best "running" back. Mewelde is the most veratile so I like him more. But he will average better than 3-4 yards I think. I say 4.5. But I could be very wrong seeing our o-line is struggling.