PDA

View Full Version : DAUNTE

zimtwister
08-29-2005, 07:38 PM
will be soon known as the best qb in history!!!

Del Rio
08-29-2005, 07:39 PM
I doubt it, he has a lot of work to do.

He also has to stay healthy for a very very long time and manage to play at a very high level.

The best QB in history? No way.

snowinapril
08-29-2005, 07:40 PM
Where is this thread headed???? The Hall of Fame???

snowinapril
08-29-2005, 07:43 PM
"zimtwister" wrote:

He could definitely be teh Vikes all time, but he has a few more years to lock it in, and a few more numbers.

I would just be happy if he get HOF numbers. He does need a Ring and a great winning % to help the cause.

smootpepper
08-29-2005, 08:00 PM
"zimtwister" wrote:

I dont see him as the best ever, but I could see him as a top 10 of all time if he can produce like last year or at a high level for the remainder of his career. He will need also need a ring to get into the HOF, no question about it.

Del Rio
08-29-2005, 08:27 PM
I think he should start winning a few Division Championships, maybe a SB or two then he can think about it in 10 years.

PAvikesfan
08-29-2005, 08:59 PM
pooh! he can easily be a hall of famer with 2 more years of excellence and a bunch of playoff wins.

peyton manning is a lock for HOF and yet he has never been successful when it counted.

barry sanders never won anything, but he will be HOF.

what i am saying is, people have done less and became HOFers just by the numbers they put up for 5 years.

is daunte the best of all time...not now. but i tell you...if he wins a SB and has as good a numbers as last year, he will be the best in the NFL in present time.

cajunvike
08-29-2005, 09:15 PM
"PAvikesfan" wrote:

pooh! he can easily be a hall of famer with 2 more years of excellence and a bunch of playoff wins.

peyton manning is a lock for HOF and yet he has never been successful when it counted.

barry sanders never won anything, but he will be HOF.

what i am saying is, people have done less and became HOFers just by the numbers they put up for 5 years.

is daunte the best of all time...not now. but i tell you...if he wins a SB and has as good a numbers as last year, he will be the best in the NFL in present time.

Will be HOF...try ALREADY is!

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=187

Del Rio
08-29-2005, 09:20 PM
Selected to 10 Pro Bowls

Records, consistancy........................

Daunte has a way to go sorry to say. Besides this is the HOF and fans don't really have a say. If he chugs along getting a lot of passing yards but not setting himself apart in any way he will have a hard time getting in.

For all of the examples that are in or going to be in but haven't won there are just as many of guys who have crazy numbers but not the name, the media recognition or the consistancy to make it.

I think he is one of the latter.

Mr Anderson
08-29-2005, 09:26 PM
Sorry but no.

Favre will end up better on the All-Time list, I hate to say that, but its true.

Theres also, Montana, Marino, Young, Elway, Aikman, Bradshaw, and Unitas for him to beat out. Those are some big names.

And so help me god if anyone says anything about Joe Namath being tops of the all time QBs you will get E-Slapped so hard your head will spin.

Namath=The Most Overrated player in the history of the NFL.

magicci
08-29-2005, 09:40 PM
maybe if daunte and the vikings are dominant over the next 3 or 4 years and wins one or two superbowls and consistently put up the number he put up last year then maybe he will be top five.

shockzilla
08-29-2005, 09:55 PM
At this point in Daunte's career, calling him a future HOF'er, or saying he will be the best QB in history, is the stupidest thing I've ever heard...

What have you people been smoking??!!??!! He's been in the league FOUR YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give him a little time to prove himself, sheesh.... :roll:

whackthepack
08-29-2005, 10:12 PM
"Mr Anderson" wrote:

Sorry but no.

Favre will end up better on the All-Time list, I hate to say that, but its true.

Theres also, Montana, Marino, Young, Elway, Aikman, Bradshaw, and Unitas for him to beat out. Those are some big names.

And so help me god if anyone says anything about Joe Namath being tops of the all time QBs you will get E-Slapped so hard your head will spin.

Namath=The Most Overrated player in the history of the NFL.

His stats are better than Favre's through his first 6 years in the league!

And Marino never won a superbowl and he is in the hall of fame, so is Fran the Man!

Shockzilla, This is Daunte's 7th year!

Mr. Purple
08-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Hes on his way to the top 10 of all time at this rate and gettin some rings wont hurt;)

6-KINGS
08-29-2005, 10:45 PM
4 Years huh..
Can't tell huh?

Lets see......in 4 years:
I knew Bradshaw would be special.
I knew Staubach would be special.
I knew Fouts would be special.
I knew Marino would be special.
I knew Montana would be special.
I knew Young would be special.
I knew Aikman would be special.
I knew Favre would be special.
With the exception of Bradshaw and Aikman and their shak-ee starts
And how many Super Bowls did they win combined. (since that ultimately seems to be the measuring stick, GOD knows why?)
The rest just seemed to "be there" in 4 years
Want me to keep going?

Some players just ooze "all pro"
And Cullpepper is one of those players in my humble opinion.

6-KINGS

shockzilla
08-29-2005, 10:58 PM
OK, you're right - I was thinking he was drafted in 2001, but it was 1999. Anyway, it's still WAY too early to be saying he's a HOF'er or the best in history.

JDogg926
08-29-2005, 11:12 PM
He wants to be the best ever, he even said so. Doesn't that count for something.

JDogg926
08-29-2005, 11:22 PM
If he plays at or near his 2004 level for the next 3 years, I think HOF talk will be realistic. I also think he will continue to play near that level.

fourdoorchevelle
08-30-2005, 01:03 AM
never know . a multiple super bowls with great stats and his name may start getting mentioned with the best. being the best now that would require some amasing years .

zimtwister
08-30-2005, 03:07 PM
HE JUST LOOKS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SMOOTH this year.

Vikes
08-30-2005, 04:09 PM
"JDogg926" wrote:

He wants to be the best ever, he even said so. Doesn't that count for something.

No trying to be rude. But what player says he wants to be the worset ever. ALL players claim they want to be the best. Except for maybe Ricky Willams.

JDogg926
08-30-2005, 04:47 PM
"Vikes" wrote:

"JDogg926" wrote:

No trying to be rude. But what player says he wants to be the worset ever. ALL players claim they want to be the best. Except for maybe Ricky Willams.

There is thing called humor (aka funny ha-ha). You should really look into it.

PurplePackerEater
09-03-2005, 11:36 AM
"JDogg926" wrote:

"Vikes" wrote:

"JDogg926" wrote:

There is thing called humor (aka funny ha-ha). You should really look into it.

Funny as in ha ha, not funny as in gaay.

Vrehna
09-03-2005, 11:04 PM
The man has a shot at the NFL MVP this year, I will give you that.

But best QB ever? Come on man. Dante is great, best QB in the league right now, but best ever? He has a lot left to prove just to get into the HOF...

V4L
09-03-2005, 11:44 PM
I think Daunte will get MVP this year no doubt.. He will complete 72 percent of his passes.. pass for 4200 yards and 35 td's.. also rush for 600 yards..

I see Peyton having a little worse year then Pep this year

mnvikes61
09-03-2005, 11:56 PM
peyton can have the MVP, so long as Pep has the ring at the end of the season. that's all i care about, MVP would be nice but i'd rather Daunte/Vikings win it all this season

V4L
09-03-2005, 11:58 PM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

peyton can have the MVP, so long as Pep has the ring at the end of the season. that's all i care about, MVP would be nice but i'd rather Daunte/Vikings win it all this season

I think both of those are very doable!! Peyton won't get stats like that again.. Maybe around as much as Pep will have but Pep will get it from rushing.. And we are a good pick to go to the bowl.. :hello1:

midgensa
09-04-2005, 12:15 AM
Barring injuries, Daunte is a lock for the hall, but total numbers and rings a QB make.
He will probably have the best numbers in Vikes history, and that is saying something with people like Tark, but I dont know that his numbers will equal those of Marino, Favre, Elway, Manning, etc. If he gets a couple of rings and puts up better numbers than say Elway or Montana he gets into the best all time debate. But all those guys have sick numbers and Montana and Elway have multiple rings ...

mnvikes61
09-04-2005, 12:44 AM
well if he doesn't get any rings in his career i have a harder time seeing him getting into the Hall of Fame. Marino never got a ring but he has pretty much every QB record ever so that's why he's in there. Manning has been very good for about every season except maybe his rookie season without slipping at all and if he keeps going at this rate he'll definately be in the top 3-5 in most QB record books. the thing that might hurt Pep is that he had the highest percentage rate of fumbles in the history of the NFL, and he didn't always put up numbers like he did last year. if he shows he can put up numbers similar to last years this year without moss i have an easier time seeing it happen if he keeps playing like he did last year.

hovan
09-04-2005, 05:03 AM
"zimtwister" wrote:

Wow :shock:

mnvikes61
09-04-2005, 08:31 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"mnvikes61" wrote:

I think both of those are very doable!! Peyton won't get stats like that again.. Maybe around as much as Pep will have but Pep will get it from rushing.. And we are a good pick to go to the bowl.. :hello1:
how about peyton gets the regular season MVP and Pep gets the MVP in the superbowl? that sounds awesome to me. that'd mean we won it all! :grin: